Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 11:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Brio 'Ed For the First time!

First of all congratulation on acquiring your new Brio. Seems a wonderful car with white color.It is horrible to open the window of a AC car just to adjust to mirror. It could have been avoided by Honda. Did you check the Fuel economy per liter. Is the music system for only ipd and USB and no provision for CD?
Old 17th October 2011, 12:11   #32
BHPian

Hi S350L-E240 .. wonderful post, I' m sure driving in POLS would be a delight, you'll be able to squeeze your car any where in between and make way for yourself and the opposite traffic . Well, POL reminds me if you are from Ahmedabad ? If yes, are these photos from Satyagrahchavani ?
My advice, Take the early movers (rather buyers) advantage and enjoy the attention of masses
Old 17th October 2011, 12:32   #33
BHPian

Congratulations on the wonderful buy and wish you thousands of safe and exciting miles with the Brio!! That was indeed a rapid decision and purchase
Old 17th October 2011, 15:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Nice little car and a lovely review there. That was one of the quickest buying decision Ive ever come across. Well, when you want a car, you want a car, right?

More pics would be great. Congratulations on the purchase. Probably the first Brio on TBHP?
Old 17th October 2011, 21:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio 'Ed For the First time!

Been driving it around all day today, the 5 is now begging for attention but it must wait until it's master is satisfied with the new REAL baby home, loving some things like the fact that I can put it anywhere on the road and walk into a store compared to sometimes when I have had to come back from certain places due to NO PARKING or no good spots for the 5, Or that extra risk of some unwanted scratches my previous S parked at a public parking area had key scratches all over it and is something I still get worried about,

Also am finding some major rattle from the back side while driving on unduly roads, and we have loads of them here, I have a strange feeling the Glass at the back needs some work upon as it's a hard "TANK! TANK!" noise, will get it checked when they pick it for RTO work etc.

Am absolutely satisfied with its city abilities, loving it's steering which now I am getting used to for it's extreme lightness not that I want it like this but instead of crying for whats bad I try adjust to whats given, and gear shifts are also nice, again do not take my words on face value I have little experience with cars of this kind, but I'm sure others will agree on this, braking is not exactly good for me but I am told this is good for the car, but yes I am too nervous and end up braking a lot before needed,

Sound system and it's ergonomics for the iPod again are wonderful, and I do not intend to make any modification to it, and had a good test with the AC today all day, and while it does not chill like the others do, I would say this blower is a lot better compared to a few cars I have had a very brief experience with including i20, Swift, but don't start pointing fingers my experiences are very very brief so if I am wrong, I apologize in advance!

Lastly before Ahmedabad summers arrive I only intend to add V-Kool to the front glass as I assume since all other glasses are pretty upright that alone should be a huge factor? Any suggestions?

Regards,

Rest of your queries / comments in bold below,

Quote:
Originally Posted by narchennai View Post
Thanks for the wishes, will keep updated!

Congrats for the new car ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post

Had two people standing behind my car staring into the rear hatch as if they were about to pull something out, and thanks for your wishes!

Congrats on your buy and it looks lovely in white. ..............Additionally the all glass rear will cause more curiousness among the people walking near your lovely vehicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post

Hello, Do let me know anything specific you would love to see will gladly post it here? And thanks for the wishes!

Can you post some more pics of the interiors?
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Thanks a lot for the good words,
Congratulations on the buy, and wish you many happy small lane miles and beyond!

1. What are the levels of noise that seep into the car?
Really nice cabin feel, but will give you a better idea once I go deep into traffic as currently I am on semi urban areas!

2. How's the OEM audio system? Very good trust me Love it!!

3. How's the ride? Gets a little bouncy but otherwise is quite nice

Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Thanks for the kind words, believe me most purchase decisions which have worked out are the ones which are not planned, rest the planning goes on but the product never comes! lol, and Harshal do you read? They need pics of all together, please comply! And fast!

Thanks to harshal too for sharing the wonderful pics. How about one with all of your rides together? Would be nice to see the Brio sharing space with the big daddys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats on the new car, Thanks a lot mate, it sure is a wonderful product can be better with mirror adjustments lol,
Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Congrats on the new baby .... Thanks a lot, it is wonderful infact I like the rear too it's just that if the glass was taken 2 inches lower and lined with the base of the rear lights it might have made it a lot better and seamless integration of the lights and glass as the little triangle formed at the bottom is the only odd piece out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
First of all congratulation on acquiring your new Brio. Thanks a lot, and like I've said yes it needs the mirror adjustments from inside, and there is NO CD slot, only ipod, loving it as it's been ages I last got a CD, and about fuel consumption do give me few days will update a real figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Hi .. wonderful post, I' m sure driving in POLS would be a delight, Thanks a lot am glad you liked the post, lol some of the information I had to think 10 times before posting as it's hard to confess to not know things, cars without mats was un heard of for me, and yes can't wait to go back into those POLS and show them I can drive fast too not just the Auto wallas, and are you from Ahmedabad? You seem to know the city well, next time you are here buzz up! And that place is quite close to Satyagrah...

Regards,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving_Nomad View Post

Thanks a million for the wishes, Congratulations on the wonderful buy and wish you thousands of safe and exciting miles with the Brio!! That was indeed a rapid decision and purchase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

Thanks for the wishes, and will try have more pics up soon and about being the first I am not sure but my dealer claims this was the first customer delivery in the country, if it was I guess I am famous now lol! Kidding! thanks lot,

Congratulations on the purchase. Probably the first Brio on TBHP?
Old 17th October 2011, 22:34   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Briolliant stuff! Now i have one more reason to take you up on the offer to visit you

The 1.2 Jazz engine in this much smaller and lighter baby must pack quite a punch. Congrats on your new baby and keep updating this thread.

OT: Why are you riding around in an unregistered car, dude?
Old 17th October 2011, 23:35   #37
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
I only intend to add V-Kool to the front glass as I assume since all other glasses are pretty upright that alone should be a huge factor? Any suggestions?
The other glasses are upright! but the sun is not always so! The heat will find its way, you'll need to cover all glasses.
Old 18th October 2011, 19:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,

One update after driving so much the rattle at the back is getting annoying so when the dealer takes the car to RTO will get it checked and update I have a strange feeling its the rear hatch design and if yes I hope there will be a good solution to this for the long term.

@noopster,

Got the temporary regn. Done today, so should be fine now, and yes you are welcome anytime and thanks again for your wishes.

SLK,

Thanks and I guess this time I won't have to worry about the defogger going bust because the last time we did V-Kool on the Jetta the defogger conked off and had to get it fixed from VW.
Old 19th October 2011, 12:36   #39
BHPian

Congrats on your wonderful buy. I believe this is the first Brio on Tbhp. Makes it all the more special.

I am pleased with the paint and the interiors quality Honda has maintained inspite of the low cost. Wonderful job there. (I was seeing a ownership thread for Liva, and the quality of plastics in Brio is at a different level altogether). And the ivtec engine, is a gem by itself. I am sure it must be a breeze for city commuting.

Please post more pics of the interiors, especially dash and the rear bench. I am sure the rattle will be fixed when you visit the showroom next.

Keep us posted on your driving impressions and drive safe.
Old 19th October 2011, 14:49   #40
BHPian

Congrats on your new drive S350L-E240. Wishing you many happy miles ahead. Could you please post more pics of your car.
But for boot space i find Brio to be the best petrol hatch this side of 6 lacs. Really wished they had made the boot a tad bigger.
Btw very curious to know as to how you managed to own this beauty in just a day
Old 19th October 2011, 15:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Awesome short review. Is this the first Brio on T-Bhp? And nice colour choice too, good that you didn't select the blue which might just be more common on the roads.
Old 19th October 2011, 17:13   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Is this the first Brio on T-Bhp?
Certainly Yes. But it doesn't end there.
This could probably be the first Brio on road in India
Old 20th October 2011, 00:41   #43

Congrats on the buy mate! The car looks cute in white.The size will make it a great city commuter.Somehow reminds me of my old zen!
Old 20th October 2011, 12:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot, the car goes for registration today so hopefully the rattle at the back is fixed, and yes as of now am loving the quality of interior compared to the price, i did sit in a liva and like i said no offense to the liva owners but i really think toyota should address a lot of quality issues and if honda could do this for this price I'm sure toyota can loving the old city drives where I don't need to be stuck at the jams and can just zip my way through.

Will post some pictures you mentioned later today,

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors
Congrats on your wonderful buy. I believe this is the first Brio on Tbhp. Makes it all the more special.
Karty,
Thanks a lot got it only due to the wonderful dealer and like they say if you need just ask so it was just about asking and there was no pressure nor did I hamper anyone else's joy of getting their car delivered to me.

Will post a few pics today, also until do see the official review which includes extremely high quality pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83
Congrats on your new drive S350L-E240. Wishing you many happy miles ahead.
Thanks for the wishes and yes white was the only color we wanted, and as per the dealer this is the first customer delivery in India and can't thank them enough to deliver it with only a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7
Congrats! Awesome short review. Is this the first Brio on T-Bhp? And nice colour choice too, good that you didn't select the blue which might just be more common on the roads.
Hello, yes that's what the dealer claims too don't know if it's fact or only a manner in which to make me feel happy but am loving the attention it gets a guy with a new micro looked back all the way till he was about to crash into a bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83

Certainly Yes. But it doesn't end there.
This could probably be the first Brio on road in India
Thanks a lot, I feel over time this car will do wonders if they rectify a few minor omissions

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abster
Congrats on the buy mate! The car looks cute in white.The size will make it a great city commuter.Somehow reminds me of my old zen!

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 20th October 2011 at 12:13.
Old 20th October 2011, 21:03   #45
BHPian

Congrats on the new Brio S350L-E240. You probably made the best choice for a small hatch, my fellow amdavadi!

I am sure you will be able to zoom past the Pols. The only experience I have driving a bigg-ish car in a pol is when I drove my cousin's Honda City in Khadia. Couldn't even manage that

Wishing you lacs of happy miles!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks