Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2011, 19:05   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio 'Ed For the First time!

Congratulations on the Brio! It's a lovely little car and with the Jazz's engine plonked in it, I'm sure it'll be a go-getter!

That Eco mode that you're talking about is, AFAIK, the first indication of the good things to come. The next gen Civic is going to take that "ECO" on a whole different level!

Happy miles with your little white!
Old 25th December 2011, 18:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

SunilM & 9thsphinx, Thanks for your wishes,

Coming to the Brio, Sorry due to work have not been able to post since a while, but have been loving the car so much that the bigger cars have been badly ignored, in fact from the day I got the Brio, some of the big cars at home have been driven less than 100 Kms until today!

Almost every issue I earlier mentioned has been taken care of, including the rattles which were coming from the rear, and the dealers have been extremely helpful, also got their first check up done, which again was nice as the car was picked by 10 A.M and dropped back by 2 P.M as promised,

Have done close to 2000 Kms now and mostly the car is driven with the AC on and the mileage figures while I have not manually tested but the readings in the instrument cluster mostly are as follows,

In City Traffic - 12.3 - 13.6 (Very little bumper to bumper in Ahmedabad)
On highway - 17.1 is what we constantly got on a trip to Anand via Expressway.

I suppose there is little more that will improve now and I guess in most driving conditions thats what one can expect to get and believe me this is not a car I rev or anything its just driven the way a city car must be driven with the ECO light coming on a lot of times.

No problems with the car but be warned the suspension is pathetic, in on roads which have a lot of speed breakers or bad surfaces with a lot of ups and downs the passengers will be bouncing, my wife asks me to warn her every time I expect some unduly surface for which she holds onto the roof handle. My dad once drove it for less then a KM and he refuses to drive it ever again, but thats his opinion, I personally am loving the car and its ease of use in India.

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 18:47   #48
BHPian

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
No problems with the car but be warned the suspension is pathetic, in on roads which have a lot of speed breakers or bad surfaces with a lot of ups and downs the passengers will be bouncing, my wife asks me to warn her every time I expect some unduly surface for which she holds onto the roof handle. My dad once drove it for less then a KM and he refuses to drive it ever again, but thats his opinion, I personally am loving the car and its ease of use in India.

Regards,
This was the only reason I dropped Brio and picked up a Figo while buying a car for my dad.
Old 25th December 2011, 23:13   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240
SunilM & 9thsphinx, Thanks for your wishes,

Coming to the Brio, Sorry due to work have not been able to post since a while, but have been loving the car so much that the bigger cars have been badly ignored, in fact from the day I got the Brio, some of the big cars at home have been driven less than 100 Kms until today!
Hi S350L-E240, I see you are very happy with Brio. Need you advice here: We are looking for small car to replace our aging Santro. We are looking for AT but not any good one out there in small cars. However, I am down to Brio and Jazz. What would be your take between these two? Car usage will be 100% in Anand only.
Old 26th December 2011, 10:39   #50
BHPian

S350L-E240 - How is the GC of the car under full load? Is it as good as say a Santro?
Old 26th December 2011, 14:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

Honestly I would recommend this due to its size and since it always will be driven in anand you would have a better time and the car is superb for the city use.

What variant do you plan to get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power

Hi S350L-E240, I see you are very happy with Brio. Need you advice here: We are looking for small car to replace our aging Santro. We are looking for AT but not any good one out there in small cars. However, I am down to Brio and Jazz. What would be your take between these two? Car usage will be 100% in Anand only.
Hello,

The GC is nice honestly until today have never really scrapped the bottom anywhere but please be aware I have little long time experience with other small cars, but this car is very bouncy on rough roads.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhasin
S350L-E240 - How is the GC of the car under full load? Is it as good as say a Santro?
Old 26th December 2011, 14:37   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhasin View Post
The Brio's ride and GC isn't too different from the Santro's. I've driven the Brio (and looking to upgrade to it soon) and I drive a Santro on a regular basis. Both cars have relatively short wheel-bases making it easy to negotiate taller speed-breakers.

Honda Brio 'Ed For the First time!-hondabrio14.jpg

Also, the rear of the Brio doesn't sag under load, ensuring that bottoming-out in a Brio will take a combination of 5 people + luggage and seriously unscientifically designed speed-breakers.

Old 6th January 2012, 22:14   #53

Hi S350L-E240 -

Congratulations on your purchase and I bet you are enjoying it.
I too have booked a Silver Honda Brio SMT a week back. The delivery is however promised only in February.
Just had a quick question. Does SMT version come with parcel tray in the boot? I couldnt find this information reliably anywhere so what better than to ask the proud owner himself.
Old 7th January 2012, 02:36   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240
Honestly I would recommend this due to its size and since it always will be driven in anand you would have a better time and the car is superb for the city use.

What variant do you plan to get?
Thanks for reply. If I go for Jazz, I am planning for top end Jazz X. For Brio, I am considering S MT. For some reason, I am more inclined towards Jazz because I really don't like Brio's rear end. Moreover, if I go for Jazz, I can occasionally use for traveling to Baroda at the most.
Old 10th January 2012, 16:12   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

The S-mt does not come with a parcel tray. Congrats on the car you will love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuljitcingh
Hi S350L-E240 -
Does SMT version come with parcel tray in the boot? I couldnt find this information reliably anywhere so what better than to ask the proud owner himself.
Believe me nitrous am driving it all over and it feels pretty good on highways also. Test both and decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power

Thanks for reply. If I go for Jazz, I am planning for top end Jazz X. For Brio, I am considering S MT. For some reason, I am more inclined towards Jazz because I really don't like Brio's rear end. Moreover, if I go for Jazz, I can occasionally use for traveling to Baroda at the most.
Back to the car recently 5 of us went for a weekend break to mount Abu and must say the car was extremely comfortable with five on board and all their luggage fit in the boot.

Mileage all over was about 15.1 and only on the downhill section we got to a maximum figure of 23.1 which of course is not real and only due to the car mostly rolling down.

Am loving the car and it's size so much will mostly stick to this size for daily use in India

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 16:21   #56
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Woke up this morning with a call from Honda, it seems there is a water leakage issue with the brake light on the rear located on the roof top, so they came home opened it up and inserted a thick black rubber tape, and after he put the light back on I checked it out and as far as I can tell I do not think this is going to solve their problems as the gap is still huge,

Will know in monsoons,

Anyone else here had to do this update or was it only the early production cars?

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks