Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 08:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Blu smiles- Toyota Etios Liva G- First one on TBHP

@mayank

Congratulations on the Liva, the colour Blue looks rocking on the car. Happy mile crunching and drive safely.

So sis Liva meet your expectations as you had booked the car without test drive. How does the car handle? Any mods planned?
Old 17th October 2011, 09:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@mayank

Congratulations on the Liva, the colour Blue looks rocking on the car. Happy mile crunching and drive safely.

So sis Liva meet your expectations as you had booked the car without test drive. How does the car handle? Any mods planned?
I had taken the TD of Liva before booking. In fact, that was the only TD i took.
And as for now, all the modifications that you see in pics would work fine for me.
Will think of getting some accessories later on.
mayank10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 12:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mayank10; for buying the Liva and I wish you many a safe mile together. I think this is the first ownership review that I am seeing on tbhp. There may be others that I have not seen!

While I am glad for you that you dont have an issue yet with the rubber beading, I dont think it is fair to brand others who have this issue as losers. After all they may be facing a genuine issue further down the road, and they are reporting it.It is an anomaly they have to live with for no fault of their own. All of us have the right to voice our opinion, does not make any of us winners or losers.

Disclaimer: please note that I am not a Toyota owner, fanboy or critic.
Old 17th October 2011, 17:02   #19
BHPian

Congrats Mayank10 on your Blu Liva.
Wish other cars had similar rear space in the hatchback segment.

Keep updating this thread on a regular basis.
Old 17th October 2011, 17:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Mayank!!
I am neutral about the interior quality of the Etios and Liva but the one things that really sets it apart is the torquey engine, smooth gearbox, plush ride and properly weighed steering, though very light for my taste.
I have driven a Etios ofr few hundred kilometres and couldn't help getting impressed the way it even pulled from third adn second gear without stalling .
I wish I can put this engine in my Ikon !!
All the best with your Liva.
Yup more pics please with lush Kerala background.
Old 17th October 2011, 20:31   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Congrats mayank10; for buying the Liva and I wish you many a safe mile together. I think this is the first ownership review that I am seeing on tbhp. There may be others that I have not seen!

While I am glad for you that you dont have an issue yet with the rubber beading, I dont think it is fair to brand others who have this issue as losers. After all they may be facing a genuine issue further down the road, and they are reporting it.It is an anomaly they have to live with for no fault of their own. All of us have the right to voice our opinion, does not make any of us winners or losers.

Disclaimer: please note that I am not a Toyota owner, fanboy or critic.
Hi selfdrive,

Perhaps you got me wrong here, or i was unable to convey my point properly. I fully respect others' concerns, and understand there there may be an issue with anyone's car, be it a BMW or a Merc. However, i was not terming the owners as losers, rather, the comment was meant for people who have blown this issue out of proportion.

I have seen people commenting on the issue without confirming the same, and it was later known that these issues were never verified. I was aghast after seeing some crazy comments where an issue of beading was mentioned. It was later known that one such issue was due to improper after fittings which had left some gap for dust, water etc.

Toyota is the largest vehicle manufacturing company in the world, and it will be hard to believe that they would manufacture cars without doing proper testing.

I am very new on TBHP, and joined it to learn from the other TBHPians, many of them very senior to me. Thus i will never ever dare to say anything indecent.
mayank10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 23:24   #22
BHPian

Congrats on The Blu! Wish you several memorable trips in her. There are several first's a man can't forget and a car is one of them.

One suggestion though - The rear speaker tray appears wonky to me. Is it just the pics? Check to see if the plank sags and if it does, get a sturdier one.

Congrats again! Enjoy!
Old 18th October 2011, 11:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on owning the Toyota brand for years of trouble free ownership experience. Do keep us updated on the quality aspect of this 'budget' Toyota.
Old 18th October 2011, 11:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank10 View Post
However, i was not terming the owners as losers, rather, the comment was meant for people who have blown this issue out of proportion.

Toyota is the largest vehicle manufacturing company in the world, and it will be hard to believe that they would manufacture cars without doing proper testing.

I am very new on TBHP, and joined it to learn from the other TBHPians, many of them very senior to me. Thus i will never ever dare to say anything indecent.
Perhaps its my perception of your statement NOM. Thats alright, after all to each his own. I dont know what the beading issue is; just that the word seemed a bit strong to me

Anyway, manufacturers are known to get away with a lot of stuff in India for which they would be held liable at least in the western countries. But thats another topic for another day

Oh and for me at least, there is nothing in the seniority. Just a matter of difference in joining time. Everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of seniority and that is what we tbhpians are good at
Old 18th October 2011, 22:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Congrats on The Blu! Wish you several memorable trips in her. There are several first's a man can't forget and a car is one of them.

One suggestion though - The rear speaker tray appears wonky to me. Is it just the pics? Check to see if the plank sags and if it does, get a sturdier one.

Congrats again! Enjoy!
The tray is pretty sturdy, and there is no sagging as for now. I believe any thicker tray would have eaten the boot space .
But thanks for bringing this to notice, will keep a check more often, since i hardly noticed the thickness till now
Since got it from the dealer itself, i guess it should be just fine.
Old 19th October 2011, 09:49   #26
BHPian

Congratulations for owning a Toyota hatchback. Great choice of colour, seriously blue looks refreshing & suits well for Etios Liva. Do keep us updated with your likes and dislikes as you continue to drive further. Wishing you happy miles ahead. Indeed i am also looking forward to purchase a hatchback soon.
Old 19th October 2011, 16:53   #27
BHPian

Congratulations mayank10 for the eminently wise choice of Liva as your first car. It offeres immense practicality and comfort all over. And hopefully, it will stand true to the promise of formidable T-badge.
Quote:
The not so popular dash area. Trust me, it doesn't look cheap at all, yes, but definitely, not as impressive as in some other cars(Due to light grey plastic color).
You can take heart from the fact that this dash actually does a good job of preventing sunlight reflection as compared to some of the cars with impressive dashes.

And of course, a very well written account. Pl. do keep the thread updated.

Enjoy safe crunching of miles after happy miles!

Last edited by RadiantKarma : 19th October 2011 at 17:02.
RadiantKarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 17:33   #28
BHPian

congrats on a sensible buy, Toyota engines are built to last; enjoy many happy kms on it.

Only think is that interior should have been combination of dark and beige ala Hyundai's, would have looked a lot more plush
Old 22nd October 2011, 11:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
congrats on a sensible buy, Toyota engines are built to last; enjoy many happy kms on it.

Only think is that interior should have been combination of dark and beige ala Hyundai's, would have looked a lot more plush
Agreed, more than the plastic quality, i believe the colour is the culprit in Liva. Had it been Beige, it would have looked better. Checked out the i10 interiors the other day, and i was very impressed. Comfort, however, was in my Liva.
Old 22nd October 2011, 14:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

@mayank10 - Could you please give us insights on any tips to be followed to avoid water leakage while fitting the rear speakers. One Etios owner mentioned that it happened due to improper work done on the rubber beading of Etios' rear door.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks