Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2011, 12:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Initial experience with my diesel Etios

Auto machine, Congrats, on the new steed. Here's wishing you a troublefree experience
I too have booked an Etios V-D,Black. Expecting delivery,early next month!!!
Did you get to check out the beige interior coloring being done at the dealership? If you have, what's your opinion about it? Also, if you dont mind, could you check out the manual & tell me the PCD of the wheels?
Thanks in advance
Regards
Varun
Old 18th October 2011, 12:42   #17
BHPian

Thanks to all for the wishes. I would definitely post more pics as soon as I get those transferred from my smartphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@automachine,

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the Etios. The colour looks royal on the car.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely. Enjoy your new ride. You should do the run in and then start revving the engine more. Maybe after the first service the car will be free to be revved hard. Do post your experience post first service. Could you post some more interior pics too?
Yes I heard from dealer that the Bluish silver colour is in much demand as it looks great on the Etios. I too hope the engine becomes smoother after first or second service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Congrats on your sensible purchase. Whats the on road price.
Thanks. The OTR came to about 8.31 Lacs (including 41,552/- for RTO and 23895 for insurance).

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Congratulations! The color looks great. Please post some interior pics too.

How is the performance with 3-4 adults and AC switched ON (on a slope)? Update the thread with performance, fuel efficiency and other statistics once you start crunching more miles with your car. Have many more happy and safe miles with Etios.
I have driven around Ahmedabad with 2 other person besides myself and even with AC ON there was not much difference in power/performance. I would keep updating my driving experience as I take it over different terrains. I have filled up the tank on the day of delivery and would calculate the FE once I have drive longer distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Congrats on the purchase.

I was quite keen on the Etios until I started hearing about the "rain water seeping in" problem reported by a few.

Incidentally I met an old friend last night who was driving Etios and he said he had no issues. I also read another Liva ownership experience in this forum where the owner had put pictures of the beading on the car (no beading on the door), but he mentioned there was no water seeping-in in Kerala rains! What has been your experience?

Would you mind removing the dealer's yellow sticker from the right headlamps? It doesn't gel in well, if you ask me!
Well rains have stopped in Ahmedabad and its actually hot and humid as of now !. However I did not face the water seepage issue even while using water shower. There is this case of dust settling on the sides of the door frame. But i think even the SX4 had similar issue.

As others have mentioned, the yellow sticker is needed as per Gujarat RTO rules. The traffic cops would be first to notice it and fine me even if it came off by itself !.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
Congratulations on the VFM purchase,please share the on road price as well.
OTR was 8.31 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Considering you have driven the Manza before, and now own the Etios, how would you compare the two? Product-to-product how do both fare?
Well Manza quadrajet I drove was during my bro-in-law's wedding. I drove it on hilly slopes and it did require downshifts to extract more power. There were few issues regarding the plastics fitment. Manza is definitely more spacious and engine is equally good but with more noticeable turbo lag as compared to Etios. I did not opt for it as I was bit apprehensive of Tata build quality and service. However looking back I think Manza is good VFM purchase compared to Etios and it has far more accessories than the Etios. If your primarily use is as a city car with occasional highway trips then Etios makes more sense.
Old 18th October 2011, 12:55   #18
BHPian

Hey, Congrats on the new car !

A Manza QJD joined our family on 3rd Oct, and I hit 1000km today. When did you book your car, and how long was the waiting time? I got my car in 2 days, and that was very good attraction for us. Could you also share the features list? OTR price?

Wish you many miles of smiles...
Old 18th October 2011, 14:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrvarier View Post
Hey, Congrats on the new car !

A Manza QJD joined our family on 3rd Oct, and I hit 1000km today. When did you book your car, and how long was the waiting time? I got my car in 2 days, and that was very good attraction for us. Could you also share the features list? OTR price?

Wish you many miles of smiles...
Thanks vrvarier and congratulations to you on your new Manza which definitely is a VFM car. Your review was great too. The wait for my Etios VD delivery was around a month. Actually I was offered the VXD after 15 days of booking, but I wanted to stick to the budget for VD. Feature wise the VD has the ABS, dual airbags, rear defogger and fog lamps. It has a CD/MP3 player with front door speaker and tweeter and roof antenna. The OTR came to 8.31L.
Old 18th October 2011, 18:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Good to see a very straightforward to the point short review highlighting even the negativities. Nevertheless, I am sure it will be very good family car for a long time. We have the Etios P and it is quite a fun to drive, not so with the D, though as I TDed it on last Thursday, it seemed superb for the city traffic. Take her out on H/W and see her mannerisms. I recently got to see the punch and cruising in our Etios P on Mumbai Pune Expressway, cornering even at 140 on wet highway and in light drizzle and I was speechless.

The Bluish Silver is very naughty color and tricks to be Silver at times (quite similar to my Innova's Green color), but a very nice subtle color.

Is this the first Etios D on Team-BHP?

Congrats and wish you many happy miles. Drive Safe and Live to Drive
Old 18th October 2011, 19:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for starting this much awaited thread & hearty congratulations on owning an Etios D. This is one thread I will be glued to for days to come, as I am considering the Etios D as one of the probable candidates for my next upgrade.

As mentioned by other members please share lots of pictures (both interiors & exterior). No doubt Etios is a very good city car (with light weight & shorter turning radius). I am very keen to know its highway manners. So please go on a long drive over the week end & share your experience.

Wishing you happy mile crunching & a pleasant experience with your Etios.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 18th October 2011 at 19:39.
Old 18th October 2011, 23:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations automachine on your purchase. Please keep us posted in your practical and unbiased way about your experiences with this car.

PS. About the bounciness, have you checked the tyre-pressure? It could be that it is over the recommended levels.
Old 19th October 2011, 01:31   #23
BHPian

Thanks for the unbiased review of the Etios D. One of my cousins is looking to purchase this sedan and is confused about which variant to buy and whether he should go for the ANHC instead. (His usage is on the borderline between petrol-diesel cost efficiency)
I'll be sure to point him to this thread!
Old 19th October 2011, 16:37   #24
BHPian

Re: Initial experience with my diesel Toyota Etios

Congratulations automachine for your new, highly practical and easy-to-drive, car.
Quote:
Out on highway it does 100 km/hr around 2000-2200 rpm. My wife mentioned that the rear seats had some vibrations and swayed a bit which made her feel the car was going too fast. I reported it to dealer and they said that they would look at it during first service.
On city uneven roads like patched roads and cuts, the Etios VD tends to bump off vertically if going over them at medium to high speed. I think this is due to its feather light weight and stiffer suspension setup in diesel.
The dealers often delivers the new car with too high tyre pressure. Higher tyre pressure results in reduced grip and stiff ride quality. Do check your tyre pressure. As per Vid6639's review, the diesel ride is actually more pliant as compared to petrol Etios. Also Vid mentioned that the Etios clutch is one of the lightest. I am surprised to know it's not so in your case.

Enjoy safe crunching of miles after happy miles!
Old 19th October 2011, 16:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Automachine, nice choice of car and color, looks great also post some interior pics.
Old 19th October 2011, 17:25   #26
BHPian

An Honest review! Enjoy plenty of happy miles with the car..All the Best!
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 10:43   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Auto machine, Congrats, on the new steed. Here's wishing you a troublefree experience
I too have booked an Etios V-D,Black. Expecting delivery,early next month!!!
Did you get to check out the beige interior coloring being done at the dealership? If you have, what's your opinion about it? Also, if you dont mind, could you check out the manual & tell me the PCD of the wheels?
Thanks in advance
Regards
Varun
Thanks Varun. Black on Etios looks great too. Black was my wife's first choice. But then I managed to have my way there ! I have not checked the beige interior coloring at dealership. Actually the dealer's accessories looked costly to me and I just added few accessories from outside shop. I checked the manual and here are the wheel specs for VD and VXD: 15 [FONT=Calibri]×[/FONT] 5 1/2J with tires specs 185/60R15 84H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Is this the first Etios D on Team-BHP?

Congrats and wish you many happy miles. Drive Safe and Live to Drive
Yes I believe it is the first Etios D on T-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks for starting this much awaited thread & hearty congratulations on owning an Etios D. This is one thread I will be glued to for days to come, as I am considering the Etios D as one of the probable candidates for my next upgrade.

As mentioned by other members please share lots of pictures (both interiors & exterior). No doubt Etios is a very good city car (with light weight & shorter turning radius). I am very keen to know its highway manners. So please go on a long drive over the week end & share your experience.

Wishing you happy mile crunching & a pleasant experience with your Etios.
Thanks. I am adding few interior pics without accessories in followup post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Congratulations automachine on your purchase. Please keep us posted in your practical and unbiased way about your experiences with this car.

PS. About the bounciness, have you checked the tyre-pressure? It could be that it is over the recommended levels.
Thanks for the wishes. I too suspect that the pressure is incorrect. I just checked the manual and it says the pressure has to be 32 psi. Today I would check that out with my regular tyre shop. Do you think I should also have the balancing and wheel alignment done even though there is no hint of anything wrong over there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Congratulations automachine for your new, highly practical and easy-to-drive, car.

The dealers often delivers the new car with too high tyre pressure. Higher tyre pressure results in reduced grip and stiff ride quality. Do check your tyre pressure. As per Vid6639's review, the diesel ride is actually more pliant as compared to petrol Etios. Also Vid mentioned that the Etios clutch is one of the lightest. I am surprised to know it's not so in your case.

Enjoy safe crunching of miles after happy miles!
I am going to check the tyre pressure today. Etios clutch is light but I was comparing it with my earlier experience with zen and SX4. Also I think I was uncomfortable with my left foot touching the steering column when the clutch pedal is fully pressed. I think this is just a minor thing which I am now accustomed to using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Congrats, Automachine, nice choice of car and color, looks great also post some interior pics.
Thanks. Pics following up.
Old 20th October 2011, 11:10   #28
BHPian

As promised, some of the interior pics. I have added few accessories which are not in these pictures. I would do a separate post later with those pics.

Front dash and steering
Initial experience with my diesel Toyota Etios-e520oct11-009.jpg

Normal space at rear
Initial experience with my diesel Toyota Etios-e520oct11-010.jpg

Rear space with drive seat fully pulled back and passenger seat pushed to front.
Initial experience with my diesel Toyota Etios-e520oct11-012.jpg

Cluster meter showing RPM @100 kmph
Initial experience with my diesel Toyota Etios-e520oct11-017.jpg

Side profile
Initial experience with my diesel Toyota Etios-e520oct11-0151.jpg
automachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 17:48   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Did you get to check out the beige interior coloring being done at the dealership? If you have, what's your opinion about it?
What exactly is beige interior colouring? its done at dealership? My uncle's planning to book a black etios VD but the dealership never mentioned such an option.Could you plese elaborate? Also have you seen such a car?
Old 20th October 2011, 18:01   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
What exactly is beige interior colouring? its done at dealership? My uncle's planning to book a black etios VD but the dealership never mentioned such an option.Could you plese elaborate? Also have you seen such a car?
Beige interior coloring means they color the interior in beige color !!
Yes, it is done at the dealership. My Dealer quoted Rs.35,000/- for it. The finishing seems to be good,but I have no idea if the paint will peel off under our harsh sun. My dealer is giving me a 1 year warranty for it. I'm uploading some snaps for your reference. I hope automachine does not mind me hijacking his thread !!!!
Hope this helps
Varun Nair
Attached Thumbnails
Initial experience with my diesel Toyota Etios-img00058201110051336.jpg  

Initial experience with my diesel Toyota Etios-img00059201110051336.jpg  

Initial experience with my diesel Toyota Etios-img00060201110051337.jpg  

powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed