Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 13:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force One: Test Drive & Review

Thanks for the quick review, the pics in zigwheels does show the vehicles similarity to the endevour but it sure does look more massive. How was the vehicle manuverability in parking and is there a turbo lag as its pretty evident in a Safari.
Old 20th October 2011, 14:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
It is so sad that the pictures are missing. There are pictures in the web site of Cardeko. But the real look and the promotion looks are different. Seems it has 2200cc engine and the FE is 17kml. Seems a 17kml is great for a SUV of 6 or seven seater.
Again, I am very sorry about the pic. I dint expect myself to write a review. I will surely try and get some pics this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Thanks for the quick review, the pics in zigwheels does show the vehicles similarity to the endevour but it sure does look more massive. How was the vehicle manuverability in parking and is there a turbo lag as its pretty evident in a Safari.
Manuverability is good. Its easy to move it around. Its not like moving a truck of this size around. Power steering works well. Turbo kicks in smoothly and there is no prominent lag.

Last edited by Archish : 20th October 2011 at 14:09.
Old 20th October 2011, 16:34   #18
BHPian

Great review there Archish!

Sometime the beginning of this month i stumbled upon this dealership as well!
I happened to pass by after a short day at work and was surprised to find a Force dealership bang opposite to Mercedes's and decided to check out!

I didn't get to drive the vehicle but checked it inside out!
I agree with you handsdown on its space, it has acres and acres of it and was adequately equipped as well.

That coupled with the brilliant Merc drivetrain and Lotus tuned suspension could make this the best bet for those looking for a comfortable SUV that doesn't compromise on both practicality and performance

Here are a few pics that I managed to click! (Pardon me for the poor quality of pics. Clicked with my BB)
Attached Thumbnails
Force One: Test Drive & Review-img2011100800592.jpg  

Force One: Test Drive & Review-img2011100800594.jpg  

Force One: Test Drive & Review-img2011100800595.jpg  

Force One: Test Drive & Review-img2011100800596.jpg  

Force One: Test Drive & Review-img2011100800597.jpg  

Force One: Test Drive & Review-img2011100800599.jpg  

Force One: Test Drive & Review-img2011100800601.jpg  

Force One: Test Drive & Review-img2011100800603.jpg  

Last edited by Auto freak : 20th October 2011 at 16:36.
Auto freak is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 17:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Any idea what the ground clearance is?

Its supposed to have 80-100 mm more legroom than "the competition" for the 2nd row, and 120-140 mm more legroom than "the competition" for the 3rd row, with boot space being 200-250 ,, more than "the competition".

Wonder what "the competition" is in that case. The Scorpio?
Old 20th October 2011, 17:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post

Here are a few pics that I managed to click! (Pardon me for the poor quality of pics. Clicked with my BB)
Thanks man for the pic. I was getting mugged here for not taking my camera and clicking pics.
Old 20th October 2011, 18:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

The pics are still missing a very important part: the third row. Can someone post pics of the third row seat, the legspace there and the luggage space behind?

This vehicle is going to be on my wish list simply because it meets my requirements of being able to transport a big family with luggage together and in great comfort.
Old 20th October 2011, 18:10   #22
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sometime the beginning of this month i stumbled upon this dealership as well!
I happened to pass by after a short day at work and was surprised to find a Force dealership bang opposite to Mercedes's and decided to check out!

I didn't get to drive the vehicle but checked it inside out!
I agree with you handsdown on its space, it has acres and acres of it and was adequately equipped as well.

That coupled with the brilliant Merc drivetrain and Lotus tuned suspension could make this the best bet for those looking for a comfortable SUV that doesn't compromise on both practicality and performance

Good work buddy. The car looks good except for the old dash and the sad looking head light. The "F" of the force also looks pathetic and they should have come out with a better symbol.

The instrument panel looks very elegant and the seats very comfortable. I hope to visit the showroom when i get a chance to go that side. With the newly extended Chennai Bye Pass, i pass these crowded places in a Jiffy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Thanks man for the pic. I was getting mugged here for not taking my camera and clicking pics.
Your avatar shows that you love the camera. How did you miss it? Great review and thanks for renewing interest in the forgotten newly launched SUV.

How were the gear shifts. From the pictures it look like a long stick. Were they vibrating when you were driving. You did mention that they were a bit stickier than the Innova, but was it easy to find a required gear or was it rubbery? How many kms were on the odo of the test SUV?
Old 20th October 2011, 18:23   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the pics!
AND OH MY GOD!! The first thing I noticed are the steering block control stalks for wiper & lights!! They are a direct pick and paste from Vista / Manza!!

IMO, for this wide a car, the headlamps are a bit too squarish, they should have been a bit wider eating into the space currently taken by the grille...
Old 20th October 2011, 18:24   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
How were the gear shifts. From the pictures it look like a long stick. Were they vibrating when you were driving. You did mention that they were a bit stickier than the Innova, but was it easy to find a required gear or was it rubbery?
Gear shifts are not rubbery. They are notchy. They take little bit of effort to get into the slot. But in no means they are difficult, they are not just super silky smooth. Finding the required gear is easy. I dint miss gear the car even once. Reverse was similar to Palio, for me having owned a Fiat Siena 1.6, it brought some memory of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
How many kms were on the odo of the test SUV?
I really dint notice it.

Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2011 at 14:27. Reason: Removing inappropriate comments. You need to watch it, and exercise restraint over what you post
Old 20th October 2011, 19:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
The pics are still missing a very important part: the third row. Can someone post pics of the third row seat, the legspace there and the luggage space behind?
I have with me a pic of the third row. It was a careless last moment click from the outside. I know its pathetic and all I have managed to capture is a reflection of myself!
But I guess it will atleast give you an idea of the last row.
Here it goes!
Attached Thumbnails
Force One: Test Drive & Review-img2011100800600_2.jpg  

Auto freak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 19:28   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this called "BACK WITH A BANG?" Away from the forum for some time [yeah, the "edit" mode] & what a RE-ENTRY !!

Thanks a lot for a wonderful review. I was thinking when will the MODs give us a detailed review; here you have done 50% of it. Since I feel you WILL go back to test the car again, can I ask some help from you? I know its a bit more, but please try.

0. A comparo pic of the Force 1 along side your Innova for us to get a feel of the size.

1. Could you point out how was the ride comfort compared to Innova [all rows] - since this is the benchmark here for comfort & since you own one, comparing it should be easy.

2. How easy / difficult is to get into the 3rd row?

3. Do you have to climb into the car making ingress / egress difficult to elderly people?

4. Any squeaks / rattles?

5. How is the seat material ?

6. Did you mentioned that the space is much better than Innova in 1st, 2nd, 3rd rows & also in the boot?

7. Noise inside the cabin while cruising / up shifting - with windows down & rolled up?

8. Howz the vibration on gear lever / steering while idling / starting the car?

9. Steering feedback at various speeds?

10. And yeah, PICS, PICS & LOTS OF PICS.

11. Did you by any chance get to know the usual service interval & service costs per service? Also anything like road-assistance etc is offered?

12. If possible, please do TD Safari & Aria & give us a comparo between all these cars. Trust me, you will be considered a SUPER-HERO after that.

I have a feeling that this car has quite a lot of potential, but the guys were too optimistic to charge a premium & lost the opportunity to be in the lime light. Hope they bring in the ABS / Airbags & 4x4 versions soon and by then correct the prices to some extent - trust me life is not going to be easy for them with the XUV 500 launch & Merlin launch around the corner.

They have hit the bulls eye with this car - comfortable, 7 SPACIOUS seats, luggage room & go anywhere capability. I think we still have NO other cars which matches all these criteria which happens to be exactly what I wanted. And I guess the interior plastics are something which we can live with, if its just 10% below current Safari.

Edit::

1. Can we fold down the 2nd & 3rd row seats as well ?

2. What are the details displayed in the central console? I see 3 compartments between the speedo & rpm counters

Quote:
I have with me a pic of the third row. But I guess it will at least give you an idea of the last row.Here it goes!
Why is the seat stretched towards the back? Anyone who uses that posture is prone to hitting their head on the boot if the car bounces over some potholes / speed breakers. Head rests for the last row would have been a nice feature.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th October 2011 at 19:46.
Old 20th October 2011, 19:53   #27
BHPian

Force one is a promising vehicle and will serve a niche customer base I believe. They need to update the front facia a bit and make it look a lot more contemporary though. And I don't know why indian manufacturers (Mahindra, Tata, and now Force Motors) like that cheap shiny faux wood on the dashboard. I just hate it. It looks very cheap. Guys, that's not going to make these vehicles feel like a 7 series or a Rolls Royce.
Old 20th October 2011, 19:58   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Why is the seat stretched towards the back? Anyone who uses that posture is prone to hitting their head on the boot if the car bounces over some potholes / speed breakers. Head rests for the last row would have been a nice feature.
The seats can be reclined individually. The pic shows the last row seats in fully reclined position. The head room is adequate when the seats are in normal recline.
Yes! Head rests are sorely missed.
Even the middle row seats (60:40 split) can be reclined individually.
To top it all, there is a 6 seater variant that offers 2 individual captain seats complete with arm rests in the middle row!
Auto freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 20:17   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic thread and the pics just complete the job!

i am fascinated by this car: it looks KILLER, the price seems sensible and to top it all it has a Mercedes engine (so what if it's an old one). Thanks for the comprehensive suspesnion test too- I guess Lotus can heave a sigh of relief now

Is it true that the Force One has no safety features like ABS, EBD, EPS and airbags? that would be an absolute pity and a dealbreaker for me.
Old 20th October 2011, 20:57   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Fantastic thread and the pics just complete the job!

i am fascinated by this car: it looks KILLER, the price seems sensible and to top it all it has a Mercedes engine (so what if it's an old one). Thanks for the comprehensive suspesnion test too- I guess Lotus can heave a sigh of relief now

Is it true that the Force One has no safety features like ABS, EBD, EPS and airbags? that would be an absolute pity and a dealbreaker for me.
The ABS, EBD, Airbags are missing indeed, and its a terrible miss. When B segment hatches are launched on day 1 with ABS and airbags, an SUV this big without ABS at the least is a joke really. They should have got their priorities right. Its a good package, but ABS was a strict must. Its bound to underperform and skid on emergency braking given the dynamics IMHO. Really a deal breaker as you said.

And 1 year to add the ABS & Airbags? Why? Do they have to re-invent it all? I'm sure they are going to simply source them from other manufacturers. And deciding their inclusion based on initial sales of the vehicle is a blunder. Their absence is going to be an important contributor to lower sales figures. Wonder where Force recruited the think tank from...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks