Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2011, 18:54   #16
BHPian

Re: Yet another Honda City thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
1) Blackend pillar? Where? Am I missing something?
Could be the B-pillar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
How much was your total first service bill? Mine is due next week.

I was also experiencing shifting problems while shifting to 2nd or 1st, sometimes you had to push it hard to get into that slot. After 750kms it is not that much noticeable.

The headlights are not adequate, I always use the foglamps so they light up the peripheral areas. I plan to upgrade soon.

what is the mileage you are getting in the city. As per the display I am getting 12-12.5 in the city and 17.5-18 (speed of 90kph) on the highway with 50% A/C.
My bill was zero! Exactley the same problem I was facing...not always, but sometimes I had to push the lever hard to get it into the slot. Will let everyone know if it is fixed with clutch bleeding.

MY city mileage is aroung 10-11. I am not bothered as I drive on the permenantly cogested Mysore road. Used to get around 13 in alto! Been on the highway only once, gave 16 with full AC (running in...didn't cross 80) and 14.x the second time when driven aggressively.

As for the lights, I dont have fog lamps to supplement my headlights... talking of which -
They look great!
Yet another Honda City thread...-img_5191.jpg
But something is wrong with the design... not enough throw...Santro has a better throw with standard 55-60 headlights
Yet another Honda City thread...-img_5192.jpg
Old 23rd October 2011, 05:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on buying a Honda City, this is still the best car when it comes to petrol at this price range. On the head light throw problem, have you tried the head lamp leveler to level it properly as i have not seen folks complaining about City's head light throw being a problem.
Old 23rd October 2011, 11:07   #18
BHPian

I think I found the culprit for the headlight problem. I was driving with GPS on, it has quite a large screen which is lit brightly and pointing towards the driver. I think my eyes got adjusted to the GPS and hence could not see out properly. I switched it off in the city and found the headlights to be better

I have a trip planned to Chennai next week. Will check out the headlights with GPS off or re-positioned and let you all know.

In the meantime, can someone suggest a good place to keep the GPS? Right now, it is in the middle of the windscreen pointing at the driver. It blocks part of my view when turning left and also could be causing my night-blindness!
Old 24th October 2011, 17:41   #19
BHPian

Found an issue with having both City and civic in the same house. My brother managed to take both civic's and city's keys in his pocket to his workplace.
This left me searching for my car's keys for 10 minutes...and then a bulb flashed and I called my brother up and lo...he had botht the keys... this left me using the spare key which does not have remote locking
Old 24th October 2011, 19:55   #20
Team-BHP Support

Ah, the GPS is quite a distraction!

I think it is fitted there becauses it requires a clear path towards the satellite. Doubt you could place it else where.

The headlights are not great but do the job.
Old 24th October 2011, 20:18   #21
BHPian

Great write up there iashishi! We have 2 Honda City cars in our family and my brother who has had it for 5 years absolutely loves it for it reliability. Congratulations!
Old 26th October 2011, 22:35   #22
BHPian

Updates after 1400kms - 2 weeks -
  • Found that the GPS system( Mapmyindia) has a night mode which helps reduce the glare. Will try it out this weekend trip to Chennai
  • Clutch bleeding hasn't helped. The gear, now restrictred to only the second gear is still difficult to slot.However, after driving for about 10 minutes, the gearbox becomes smooth and a joy to use.
  • Getting used to the rear parking sensors. Initially, I found them too irritating, but now I find it very useful and helps me park my car in the office quite fast. I still make quite a few people wait by blocking their way with my 150- point turn to get into my slot
One question I am afraid to ask - the answers could mean I got a damaged car...

Does any of you have two ugly araldite like glue lines in the boot where the spare wheel is kept? I recently lifted the boot floor and was shocked at the ugliness. Will take a picture if it helps understand what I ma talking about....
Old 26th October 2011, 22:52   #23
Team-BHP Support

Good that you have the Mapmyindia glare sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iashishi View Post
Does any of you have two ugly araldite like glue lines in the boot where the spare wheel is kept? I recently lifted the boot floor and was shocked at the ugliness. Will take a picture if it helps understand what I ma talking about....
If I remember correct, nothing in the boot is stuck to the floor; the spare tyre has a bolt to it and the tool kit is kept in the tyre.

Pictures would help.
Old 27th October 2011, 00:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
If I remember correct, nothing in the boot is stuck to the floor; the spare tyre has a bolt to it and the tool kit is kept in the tyre.

Pictures would help.
Libran! Your answer scared me and I did a search for "honda city spare tyre" in google, didn't find what I was looking for.

Finally, found a thread in team-bhp itself!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...c-2010-018.jpg

I am talking of those yellowish white lines to the left and right of the spare tyre.

But since atleast one other car has it, I think it is normal... but don't they look ugly?
Old 28th October 2011, 12:19   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
[*]Clutch bleeding hasn't helped. The gear, now restrictred to only the second gear is still difficult to slot.However, after driving for about 10 minutes, the gearbox becomes smooth and a joy to use.
I don't remember any ownership thread mentioning clutch problems. You should have it check by Honda agian; clearly it requires more than just bleeding.

Quote:
I am talking of those yellowish white lines to the left and right of the spare tyre.
Oh those! The way you said it earlier, I thought you meant beneath the spare tyre.
Old 28th October 2011, 12:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I don't remember any ownership thread mentioning clutch problems. You should have it check by Honda agian; clearly it requires more than just bleeding.
I did check with Hinda again and the service person said since it is a new car it will take some time for the gears to smoothen out. Eventhough 1400kms is done, 800-850kms was highway which involves very little gear shifting. So, I will wait for atleast 2 more weeks before complaining again
Old 29th October 2011, 17:01   #27
BHPian

Quote:
What I didn't like:......
2) Tank capacity - 42 litres is too less. I was able to fill only 28-30 litres when distance to empty was showing 50Kms..
The same issue with me as well; though my car has done only 500 odd km and I have got it topped up only once till now, shall be topping up again a day after tomorrow as the DTE shows 145 km!

Fellow Bhpians should be able to comment on this issue!
Old 29th October 2011, 19:28   #28
BHPian

Congrats on your new car breezyDrive.
Yesterday I was able to fill 30 litres even though the fuel low indicator was not on. This different amounts of petrol going in is messing up the mileage calculations big time.

Talking of mileage, I think the instant fuel mileage indication is the work of a greenpeace activist. Everytime I rev the engine, this indicator makes me feel guilty and I drive sedately for the next few kilometers...
Old 29th October 2011, 20:08   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive

The same issue with me as well; though my car has done only 500 odd km and I have got it topped up only once till now, shall be topping up again a day after tomorrow as the DTE shows 145 km!

Fellow Bhpians should be able to comment on this issue!
I wouldn't call it an issue. Usually all cars tend to have more fuel than what the range suggests. I remember watching a topgear episode in which clarkson and hammond got way over twenty miles after the range went to zero.

I have the ANHC and i usually refill after 400 kms on the trip meter. I fill the tank to the brim and i can get in about 32-33 liters if the low fuel indicator comes on.

I'd say what you see in your car is normal. Anhc has about 8-10 litres once the low fuel light comes on.
Old 29th October 2011, 21:59   #30
BHPian

i test drove the car today. few questions...

1. what is that little hump in the leg area of the rear passenger(just below the front row seats). the lady claimed that it is a leg rest. is it?
2. S MT comes to 9.20 as per whitefield honda. is that the standard discount? for 10k more, the lady said, that they will give sunflim and parking sensor(not sure what kind).
3. the engine had a good low end torque. but it was just with 2 people and ac on. what surprised me was, the engine noise, when i revved all the way upto 4k. it didn't sound correct. has any one driven that white city used to for test drive in whitefield honda?
4. how accurate is that fe display? i know it will be optimistic. but by how much?
5. the ride was little bumpy compared to my rickety old sail.
6. i took it over few mountain of bumps. didn't scrap at all. again may be that was because of only 2 people sitting in the car.
7. the leather steering cover in V, was very nice. will stanley be able to get that finish?
8. at 5'9, i didn't see any use for the height adjust. left it at the bottom most. when set little higher, my knee was scrapping some where below the steering.
9. the foot rest was really effective.
10. the central console looks little cheap.

i really liked the car. might end up buying, if jazz dosnt start rolling out sooner or later.

Last edited by gkrishn : 29th October 2011 at 22:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks