Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2012, 17:13   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Yet another Honda City thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
How many Kms had you car covered prior to the 2nd service? The reason I am asking is my car has covered only 2,600 Kms and I told the SA to do the oil change in the next service which is 6 months/10,000 KMS service.

The Honda Manual is not entirely clear what is the frequency of oil change 5,000 or 10,000 Kms?
(Mineral) Oil change is to be carried out every 5k kms or 6 months; whichever is earlier.
Old 22nd January 2012, 14:19   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
How many Kms had you car covered prior to the 2nd service? The reason I am asking is my car has covered only 2,600 Kms and I told the SA to do the oil change in the next service which is 6 months/10,000 KMS service.

The Honda Manual is not entirely clear what is the frequency of oil change 5,000 or 10,000 Kms?
My car had covered around 3300kms at the time of second service. Since they did't change the oil at first service, I thought it was normal to change it in the second one.
Old 22nd January 2012, 18:48   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iashishi View Post
Overall,the car is doing fine. The hard gearing when moving from 2->3 and viceversa still exists when the car is cold. Looks like it is common issue and other owners have also reported it. The service advisor blamed the type of oil used( no need to replace oil) for the issue.

Checked the actual mileage after a long time. The car was showing a mileage of 12.0 km/lt while actual was 11.2 km/lt using tank full to tank full method.
Same was observed in our City and still is. I've gone through all the 3 free services with clutch bleeding done every time still it appears once in a while.

The Service advisor illustrated to me that it is related to driving style, if the rev's are higher for the 2nd then it does not slot easily while down shifting. He said it is to protect the gear box. However, i down shifted to 3rd at 80kmph from 5th with no issues.

My Conclusion is drive in 1st @ 0-10kmph and 2nd@10-20kmph, beyond 20 do not try to down shift to 2nd it will have resistance, use 3rd from there on.

Also regarding the bulbs you could upgrade to Philips extreme of matching rating, goes a long way in visiblity.

Cheeers!!
mkpiyengar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 20:58   #49
BHPian

Done 5800 kms. Went to Mangalore and Back during this time. Mileage was pretty good at 16 while going and 15.x while returning.

Few issues have cropped up which I was not expecting from a Honda -
  • The front left indicator has come loose... one can almost pull it off the car now.
  • The front windows seem to leak water into the door. I have someone come and wash my car everyday. When I roll down the windows and roll-it back up, I can see water droplets on the windows. It was not there when the car was new.
  • Sometimes, the entire car shakes when I am idling in traffic. It goes away when I rev higher or start driving.Something to do with engine mounts?
I have another trip lined up to Chennai and then my car goes straight to its third service on April 12th.
Old 31st March 2012, 22:27   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
[*]The front left indicator has come loose... one can almost pull it off the car now.
Surprising! IMO, this can be sorted under warranty.

Quote:
[*]The front windows seem to leak water into the door. I have someone come and wash my car everyday. When I roll down the windows and roll-it back up, I can see water droplets on the windows. It was not there when the car was new.
Get this checked soon; B'lore has unusual rains!

Somehow, the above 2 points make me feel someone has tried to fool with your car (with malicious intention). My Chevy SA mentioned that to open doors of a locked car, they had to cut some wires thru' the indicators. Water seepage thru' windows indicates the gaskets have become loose.

The 2 things point seem more than co-incidental. However, I could be horribly wrong.

Quote:
[*]Sometimes, the entire car shakes when I am idling in traffic. It goes away when I rev higher or start driving.Something to do with engine mounts?[/list]I have another trip lined up to Chennai and then my car goes straight to its third service on April 12th.

Surprising you are facing this issue within 6k kms. What is the engine idling speed? Get this sorted out under warranty.
Old 31st March 2012, 22:51   #51
BHPian

Engine speed is slightly below 1K...I would say 700-800 RPM when shaking happens...

Do you suggest I go immediately to the service station? I was hoping I could wait till 3rd service...
Old 31st March 2012, 23:00   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Engine speed is slightly below 1K...I would say 700-800 RPM when shaking happens...

Do you suggest I go immediately to the service station? I was hoping I could wait till 3rd service...
700-800?

My City idles around 900-1k rpm. I'd suggest you have the issues checked now rather than waiting for the 10k kms mark..
Old 1st April 2012, 00:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  • Sometimes, the entire car shakes when I am idling in traffic. It goes away when I rev higher or start driving.Something to do with engine mounts?
If RPM is dropping to 700 then car will shake as it is too low RPM for an engine to keep running. Correct Idling for City is 900-1000 RPM.

Does the RPM drop suddenly? Get your car checked ASAP.

Last edited by bluevolt : 1st April 2012 at 00:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks