some pics of interiors :-

Attachment 831852

Attachment 831853

Attachment 831854

Attachment 831855

Attachment 831856

Attachment 831857

would be updating more soon, the deziner mats really make it funky
The photos show and reiterate that the plastics in XUV badly need a upgrade . They certainly look cheap and don't look to last for the build of the car .

I was watching the movie PAA where Amitabh rates Abhishek ( +1 ,-1 )
This is certainly -1 for the XUV

Hope Mahindras are listening to this feedback
Old 29th October 2011, 11:45   #62
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV 500 - Moondust Silver - Loaded with chrome - first in Delhi

Congrats Pankaj!

Your vehicle looks good esp the alloys are of a good design.

The Side body strip slightly looks out of place though may be due to the slanting positioning of it as per the body crease ?

Aren't there any full black interiors available? yet to see one.

Happy Motoring for miles ahead.

-CG
Old 29th October 2011, 17:15   #63
BHPian

Pankaj,

Congrats and wihing you safe miles ahead in the XUV. The killer alloys does give it a mean look, btw I have a Black Mamba ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
1. Alloy - Super Speed Rims - Killer indeed at 32K

Thats a good deal...Blore guys have quoted me 37k fr the same alloys .. Wanted to get it fixed, Will check again ...

The tank was full at Rs 2200 and gulped 54 litres, after 5 litres put in by dealer.

70 liter tank it has, right ? There would have been more diesel in it from the dealer side btw, M&M insists that dealer should fill atleast 10 lts in the tank b4 delivery

The gearing in 1st and 2nd is a bit notchy and can be menacing at times to engage 1st gear and at times reverse too.

Im facing the same issues in 1st and 2nd. Needs fine tuning. Here the ASC is in a far corner, havent been able to muster time to reach them yet

The passenger front side door at times gets fidgety to open and the door release lever fails at times and requires central locking and unlocking to get it going. At first I was wondering if they have given a child lock for this front door, which I did not find upon inspecting. Would get it checked on 1st service.

Im facing this too.. I thought its an issue with engaging it. I face the issue if the passenger tries opening it b4 you open disengage the locks from the driver end. Is it an issue ? I need to check this as well ...

Trust me it a an amazingly under priced vehicle.

Totally Agree

[/IMG]
Old 29th October 2011, 17:32   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
The photos show and reiterate that the plastics in XUV badly need a upgrade . They certainly look cheap and don't look to last for the build of the car .

I was watching the movie PAA where Amitabh rates Abhishek ( +1 ,-1 )
This is certainly -1 for the XUV

Hope Mahindras are listening to this feedback
i think its ok for a 14lakh car, they are giving you a 2.2 refined engine, an suv body, leather seats and loads of features. Why do ppl have to complain, how else do you plan to keep cost of car low? Look at Etios it does not even have rubber beading and still its not that cheap. I feel XUV is a great car for its price, only thing is quality standard which Mahindra needs to maintain.
Old 30th October 2011, 19:24   #65
BHPian

Kasauli Trip

Mahindra XUV 500 - Moondust Silver - Loaded with chrome - first in Delhi-front-view.jpg

Mahindra XUV 500 - Moondust Silver - Loaded with chrome - first in Delhi-kasauli-trip-xuv.jpg

Mahindra XUV 500 - Moondust Silver - Loaded with chrome - first in Delhi-side-profile.jpg

Mahindra XUV 500 - Moondust Silver - Loaded with chrome - first in Delhi-twilight-hills.jpg

Mahindra XUV 500 - Moondust Silver - Loaded with chrome - first in Delhi-xuv-kasauli-resort.jpg

Mahindra XUV 500 - Moondust Silver - Loaded with chrome - first in Delhi-xuvkasauli-trip2.jpg

Mahindra XUV 500 - Moondust Silver - Loaded with chrome - first in Delhi-kasauli-hills.jpg

the trip was amazing with so much comfort and ease of drive in the hills. Everywhere people noticed the vehicle with curiosity.
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2011, 23:58   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder
i think its ok for a 14lakh car, they are giving you a 2.2 refined engine, an suv body, leather seats and loads of features. Why do ppl have to complain, how else do you plan to keep cost of car low? Look at Etios it does not even have rubber beading and still its not that cheap. I feel XUV is a great car for its price, only thing is quality standard which Mahindra needs to maintain.
Hey we are discussing on the +& - of XUV here . No Hard feelings what so ever . There are many other aspects of this vehicle where I like to have +1 .Handling , looks , engine , body role , price , features , all are a big plus .
Old 31st October 2011, 00:42   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Pankaj, Happy for your instant stardom. I seriously hope that people love your car from a distance & don't get too close. When people get too curious about my car, I would definitely lose my sleep. So please do make some arrangements in controlling the crowd if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
Hey we are discussing on the +& - of XUV here
Probably we should shift the general discussion on the product quality to the test drive thread from the ownership thread. An owner may not be very comfortable about discussing the negatives of a car which he just bought, especially when they have decided to live with that..

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 31st October 2011 at 00:43.
Old 31st October 2011, 01:21   #68
BHPian

Let's not get carried away. It's not 'cheap' but feels cheaper or better value because SUVs and cars in general have been overpriced/badly priced here due to the 'cream' strategy.

One section of our population has a lot of money and they are relatively inelastic in demand. A growing professional class and their demand and purchasing power will hopefully slowly shift things.

13-15 lakhs is $25-30k usd which will buy you most of the softroaders in the US including CRV, Rav4, Tiguan etc and I haven't heard anyone in the US complaining its cheap and they on average make many multiples of the average Indian salary. Either there is there no value for Indian rupees or we are too rich!

Mahindra may raise prices but while now folks are looking at the positives as the prices rise expectations will heighten and focus will shift to the negatives. Mahindra have struck a perfect balance here, they should not mess with it.
Old 31st October 2011, 03:36   #69
BHPian

Oh yeah !!!

Finally - the ownership review I have been waiting for!

HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS !!!

I cannot congratulate you enough - though as it is you are enjoying a celebrity status.
& it's every bit worth it.

I am not sure if I can really say something right now that you have not already heard.

Let me just say - WOW.
& AWESOME RIMS !

M&M have a complete game changing winner here !

'Be Indian buy Indian'.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 12:47   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Oh yeah !!!

Finally - the ownership review I have been waiting for!

HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS !!!

I cannot congratulate you enough - though as it is you are enjoying a celebrity status.
& it's every bit worth it.
Thanks Doc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Pankaj, Happy for your instant stardom. I seriously hope that people love your car from a distance & don't get too close. When people get too curious about my car, I would definitely lose my sleep. So please do make some arrangements in controlling the crowd if you can.
Probably we should shift the general discussion on the product quality to the test drive thread from the ownership thread. An owner may not be very comfortable about discussing the negatives of a car which he just bought, especially when they have decided to live with that..
I agree dude

@ Ranga Hmm ..I agree with swiftnfurious and I had a dream tonight- I had a club in my hand and you were a horse and I went :
.. just kidding its ok to be aware of a few glitches that you pointed out but trust me that really doesn't matter anywhere when you consider the whole equation.

The vehicle was parked at my Dad`s place in panchkula on weekend I noticed few curious young lads who almost gate-crashed in the house to check out the XUV. Seeing me step out they grinned and pleaded "bhaiya can we see it" without waiting for my affirmation, they fired a salvo of questions and moved around the vehicle noticing the curves etc all 3 of them speaking at the same time. Finally the most flamboyant of the lot exclaimed his happiness commenting the vehicle to be the most gorgeous looker of all SUV`s around in 20 Lakh bracket.
My dad stepped out too and the lad introduced himself living couple of blocks down and my dad recognized him with the family that has couple of mercs and pajero`s parked outside his place. It was good to see the class of car owners this beast is enamoring.
So each experience only adds to delight and my dad is actually happy now on my decision of going for it and he appreciates the vehicle ( though given his way he would always invest the amount of money in question somewhere else and multiply it- but in this case he is willing to be happy with the opportunity cost )
Old 31st October 2011, 16:36   #71
BHPian

Mahindra XUV 500 - Moondust Silver - first in Delhi -EDIT 1200kms report

1200kms

Driving back on highway CHD to Delhi

5th gear 80kmph , cruise control engaged- silky smoooth - right thumb commands the speed up or down - accelerating up with thumb on cruise control , just as it touches 90- cruise gets disengaged with a minor jolt. Try engaging again but doesnt get engaged.
Cut the engine reignite-engages again- similar thing happens 80-90kmph
process repeated.

Now I engage cruise only above 90 in 5th gear and fail doesnt happen

The ride is amazingly smooth and suspension is just terrific
Old 31st October 2011, 16:43   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Pankaj!

Great to see the silver XUV500 in full glory. We will also soon be getting an identical twin to yours (27th Nov Delivery!) and even in terms of accessories, we have planned similar setup.
(we are also based in Gurgaon, so if you see a similar looking XUV, don't be surprised!)

Regarding the intermittent ABS light coming on, please have the brake system checked and lubricated, it can happen due to a jammed brake cylinder piston (master / slave) or even due to low brake oil pressure. In case all these are OK, it can be a software / sensor problem.
Also, the dash light indicates the severity of the fault (Yellow light is for attention to that system, and will not stop you. However if it is red, it needs urgent service and needs to be fixed - this is how the fault display system is in my Yeti, I think it should be similar in XUV - maybe Mods can confirm, or you can find more details in the owner's manual).

Wish you many many miles of trouble free ownership and may you have all the thrills with your machine that you crave for!

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 31st October 2011 at 16:52.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 16:52   #73
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV 500 - Moondust Silver - first in Delhi -EDIT 1200kms report

Quote:
5th gear 80kmph , cruise control engaged- silky smoooth - right thumb commands the speed up or down - accelerating up with thumb on cruise control , just as it touches 90- cruise gets disengaged with a minor jolt. Try engaging again but doesnt get engaged.
process repeated.

Sounded like a problem to me. Is this the way the Cruise control works? Why did it disengage at 90 kmph? Does Cruise work in all gears irrespective of speed? Did you not try it on the 6th gear?
Old 31st October 2011, 17:19   #74
BHPian

Quote:
1200kms

Driving back on highway CHD to Delhi

process repeated.

The ride is amazingly smooth and suspension is just terrific
Hey can you please check this again. The SA, here in Bangalore told me cruise control works only in the 6th gear.
I believe the same too. Cruise control doesn't work in all gears.

Last edited by zteg : 31st October 2011 at 17:20.
Old 1st November 2011, 11:00   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Hey can you please check this again. The SA, here in Bangalore told me cruise control works only in the 6th gear.
I believe the same too. Cruise control doesn't work in all gears.
That's not correct my friend. Cruise gets engaged at speed above 25kmph even in 3rd gear. SA folks are also in learning phase.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks