Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2012, 22:47   #136
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV 500 - Moondust Silver - Loaded with chrome - first in Delhi

Quote:
Techincal glitch- cruise control would refuse to engage, called the RM, he couldnt help. Did the desi thing- switched off engine and restarted- didn`t work, tried 2nd time - did not work. 3rd time switched HU off too and restarted after lunch break and got it back..on return journey the gremlins kept the cruise off for no particular reason and all measures failed, except for one instance and thats about it for finger happy driving which is otherwise lot of fun.
I had started facing similar issue after the last "upgrade". So when ever I can I try out cruise control. What I have found is- In 6th gear below 60+ kmph it just will not engage. similarly in 4th below 40-45 it will not - In 2nd yes it engages even below 40- at about 20+ Kmph.
The dicey part is if you were in 6th at 60+ and has engaged then after shifting down to a lower gear -reached 2nd then press "Res" - the car tries to jump to the last set speed! - It can give you the shivers if you are in traffic and just wanted to cruise at about 20-30Kmph!
Regards.
Gerardfdz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 00:45   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz
I had started facing similar issue after the last "upgrade". So when ever I can I try out cruise control. What I have found is- In 6th gear below 60+ kmph it just will not engage. similarly in 4th below 40-45 it will not - In 2nd yes it engages even below 40- at about 20+ Kmph.
The dicey part is if you were in 6th at 60+ and has engaged then after shifting down to a lower gear -reached 2nd then press "Res" - the car tries to jump to the last set speed! - It can give you the shivers if you are in traffic and just wanted to cruise at about 20-30Kmph!
Regards.
Upgrade to which version? The latest is 3.0.8.
Old 24th March 2012, 09:17   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshgrover View Post
Upgrade to which version? The latest is 3.0.8.
Oh - I did'nt know there has been two upgrades in less than 15days!
My version is 3.06! And even MMI has an upgrade to ver7!
How is the infotainment working with the 3.08 version?
Cheers
Old 24th March 2012, 10:31   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz
Oh - I did'nt know there has been two upgrades in less than 15days!
My version is 3.06! And even MMI has an upgrade to ver7!
How is the infotainment working with the 3.08 version?
Cheers
I was told day before that the latest version 3.0.8 would correct most of the issues. 3.0.6 came with the vehicle when I bought it in Feb. Is the MMI upgrade also being done by *** without charges?
Old 24th March 2012, 16:39   #140
BHPian

Sorry Guys - Just checked my software- It is 3.08.
But Yet - feel the interface for the iPod should be more user friendly! While it has been playing well - I wish I could select songs /Artists by name -A/206 rather by number -1/206
Regards.
Old 26th March 2012, 10:58   #141
BHPian

anyone aware on how to jump to any particular track in a long playlist - may be using the remote (or new remote, if it has that feature).
Am sure it will be very useful for people out there ?
Old 20th April 2012, 08:54   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
Regards.
Nice catch. I wonder why M&M QE never identify this flaw during testing. This ia a software bug M&M can easily fix without costing anything. And it is worth doing it. Did you point out this one to Service center? Was it included in any of your job cards?

-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 20th April 2012 at 08:55.
Old 20th April 2012, 20:39   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Nice catch. I wonder why M&M QE never identify this flaw during testing. This ia a software bug M&M can easily fix without costing anything. And it is worth doing it. Did you point out this one to Service center? Was it included in any of your job cards?

-HCP
Yes I did - Standard answer- this is how it is even in the Scorpio!!!
However this was only after the upgrade!!
Now Latest!
I feel the hill hold is not working!
Old 21st April 2012, 10:52   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think this is a defect in the first place.

Please read the manual where they must have mentioned the speeds and gears above which the cruise control will activate. It does not activate in higher gears & lower speeds so that the car does not judder or stall. Would you like it if you activate CC and you cars stalls at high speeds?

Quote:
Again, this is not a defect. After downshifting, if you want to activate CC again, you are supposed to press 'Set+' and not 'Res'.

'Res' itself means, resetting the cruise control to the previous speed, which in your case, is 60 kmph. So the car will go to 60 kmph... How is that a fault? This is driver error.

Please read the manual, all this must be clearly mentioned in it.
Old 22nd April 2012, 21:40   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I dont think this is a defect in the first place.

Please read the manual where they must have mentioned the speeds and gears above which the cruise control will activate. It does not activate in higher gears & lower speeds so that the car does not judder or stall. Would you like it if you activate CC and you cars stalls at high speeds?
I trust you have read the manual!
So could you explain what is meant on page 3-24, Vehicle speed should be more than 20 km/hr with gears in 2nd, 3rd,4th,5th or in 6th gear?
Quote:
Again, this is not a defect. After downshifting, if you want to activate CC again, you are supposed to press 'Set+' and not 'Res'.
I can understand this - BUT there should have been a safety check in place.(which is what I was trying to imply in the earlier post)
Quote:
'Res' itself means, resetting the cruise control to the previous speed, which in your case, is 60 kmph. So the car will go to 60 kmph... How is that a fault? This is driver error.

Please read the manual, all this must be clearly mentioned in it.
Well with all due respect -People in my age group grew up reading a manual(s) cover to cover.
Well after owning the vehicle since November - and having tried the controls on various occasions -before the SW upgrade it worked very well.
Regards
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:20   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I trust you have read the manual!
So could you explain what is meant on page 3-24, Vehicle speed should be more than 20 km/hr with gears in 2nd, 3rd,4th,5th or in 6th gear?
Vehicle speed should be more than 20 kmph but the gears have to be appropriately chosen. How can the vehicle do 20 kmph in sixth gear?

Quote:
I can understand this - BUT there should have been a safety check in place.(which is what I was trying to imply in the earlier post)
What kind of safety check can possible be there?
Old 23rd April 2012, 14:14   #147
BHPian

Info from XUV500 user Manual. The RES is more of a resume cruise control at last set speed when you have to brake and cruise control switches off. If you want the car to cruise at lower speed then press cruise+ button to activate cruise control at that speed.
As per user manual you are not supposed to use cruise control in heavy traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV 500 - Moondust Silver - Loaded with chrome - first in Delhi-20120423-13.54.01.jpg  

dockap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 22:50   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Vehicle speed should be more than 20 kmph but the gears have to be appropriately chosen. How can the vehicle do 20 kmph in sixth gear?

What kind of safety check can possible be there?
Rather simple - Just don't let it engage when you press "Res". Just as it will not engage if the speed is less in a higher gear!
Old 24th April 2012, 11:13   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rather simple - Just don't let it engage when you press "Res". Just as it will not engage if the speed is less in a higher gear!
But when you are in 2nd gear, the XUV can go uptil 60 kmph... So if you are pressing 'Res', why should the vehicle not allow you? How will the vehicle understand that you have pressed it by mistake? Its simple. You press 'Res' and the vehicle will take you to the preset speed.

If anyone is not confident about all this, they should not attempt this in city traffic. Anyways, you are not supposed to. Since you said you have read the manual cover to cover, you must have noticed this being mentioned over there.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 24th April 2012 at 11:14.
Old 24th April 2012, 11:35   #150
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But when you are in 2nd gear, the XUV can go uptil 60 kmph... So if you are pressing 'Res', why should the vehicle not allow you? How will the vehicle understand that you have pressed it by mistake? Its simple. You press 'Res' and the vehicle will take you to the preset speed.
I believe the original concern is not about "what" the Res button does, but "how" it does it. If resuming the preset speed happens too rapidly, it can cause anxiety for the driver.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks