Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2011, 18:01   #76
BANNED

re: Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I am not too harsh on the throttle and also just get to the higher gears as soon as possible. May be this way I am able to get better mileage.

I am not too sure about the reserve Capacity in Liva because the car has not seen fuel less than half a tank. On a gut feel though the reserve would be 5 litres.

But I suggest you to refuel before the last block starts blinking. By the way do you follow tankful to tankful auto cut off method?

On the oil manufacturer, will be posting the updates shortly.
Alright now i understand it.
I dont drive much so any of the options you mentioned (Tankfull and Auto Cut Off) is not followed by me.What I do is tank up 20-25ltrs when the last block starts blinking as the petrol station is just 100mtrs from where I stay.So I calculate it when the next time it starts to blink.

I was thinking about the engine bay protection from below and you just answered that with the engine oil manufacturer update.
Thanks a lot your thread has been very helpfull and I hope it continues to.
Old 27th November 2011, 23:41   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

I was checking for the door side molding that comes with the Etios. Here we go with the measurements of the door side moldings

Length - 63 cms (only rear doors). The front doors are the same as Etios so did not bother to check.
Placed at height of 27 cms from the bottom.

Now this fits on the Liva.

The cost is 3,900 (for the set of 4 moldings and the chrome strip) + Plus painting charges extra. It might touch 5500 bucks mark.

But it will definitely look good on the Red colored Car. Lets see how things turn out to be. For now stuck with loads of work both at office and at home.
Old 28th November 2011, 18:37   #78
BHPian

Quote:

Here we go with the picture of the right engine oil that was used. The Oil manufacturer is Savitha Lubricants from Mumbai who import, pack and distribute for Toyota.

Attachment 848014
They do it for Honda as well - Idemitsu oils. The worst thing is that I could never get this oil outside the service centre and even then they were not able to sell it in 1l quantity since they had it only in barrels.

But the oil was quite cheap and worked well in the Civic.

Welcome to Savita
http://www.savita.com/pdf/idemitsu.pdf - Seems to be an old PDF file but Toyota is listed

Their own brand is SAVSOL - unsurprisingly no 5W30 oil.

SAVSOL
Old 28th November 2011, 19:18   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
They do it for Honda as well - Idemitsu oils. The worst thing is that I could never get this oil outside the service centre and even then they were not able to sell it in 1l quantity since they had it only in barrels.

But the oil was quite cheap and worked well in the Civic.

Welcome to Savita
http://www.savita.com/pdf/idemitsu.pdf - Seems to be an old PDF file but Toyota is listed

Their own brand is SAVSOL - unsurprisingly no 5W30 oil.

SAVSOL

I too had the same questions about it.I am searching for the same in the market but could not find it.Yes the pdf is very old.
Nice to see though that Toyota has 1L bottles but I dont know if they sell it or not.
Are Idemitsu oils available in India as an own brand like in the pdf?Cause I searched a lot and also mailed them but no response from them.
@nkrishnap
Do we have an synthetic option which we can choose after 10K? Honda does have it in 0w30 weight and supplied by Savita Chemicals.
Old 28th November 2011, 21:41   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilmonkey View Post
I too had the same questions about it.I am searching for the same in the market but could not find it.Yes the pdf is very old.
Nice to see though that Toyota has 1L bottles but I dont know if they sell it or not.
Are Idemitsu oils available in India as an own brand like in the pdf?Cause I searched a lot and also mailed them but no response from them.
@nkrishnap
Do we have an synthetic option which we can choose after 10K? Honda does have it in 0w30 weight and supplied by Savita Chemicals.
There is a synthetic option from the same Savitha Brand, but that 10W-40 which is not as per specs for the Liva/Etios. Also it costs Rs. 800/- per litre in Bangalore.
Old 30th November 2011, 09:50   #81
BANNED

OK.No synthetic for Liva/Etios.

I want to change to Bosch Wind Tone Horns where should I do it? Is it ok if I do it from outside and not showroom.
The shop where i went said that a cut-out needs to be done to install new horn.Is it true.

And can you tell me what if I go for a trip of 1500Kms and then give the car for first service.Is it OK? It has not completed 1 month but the trip will cover more than the specified interval of 1K.
Old 30th November 2011, 12:02   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

The bosch horn doesn't need a cut out. The existing one in the car is sufficient enough to power the bosch horns. I Dont have one on The car. Just ask him to fabricate a wiring which can power the dual horns. You can get it done outside. But do not cut any wires.

Please have a word with your service advisor on the service front.
Old 30th November 2011, 15:13   #83
BANNED

Toyota to enter motorsport in India

I hope this gets all Etios/Liva owners excited.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 30th November 2011, 20:23   #84
BANNED

Quote:
The bosch horn doesn't need a cut out. The existing one in the car is sufficient enough to power the bosch horns. I Dont have one on The car. Just ask him to fabricate a wiring which can power the dual horns. You can get it done outside. But do not cut any wires.

Please have a word with your service advisor on the service front.
I had a word with the advisor and he said its OK.
Can you upload a picture of the horn installation in your car just in case as a back-up if the installer says its not possible I can show it to him.And it can be helpfull to others also.
Old 30th November 2011, 20:29   #85
BHPian

Quote:
I was checking for the door side molding that comes with the Etios. Here we go with the measurements of the door side moldings

But it will definitely look good on the Red colored Car.
Hi nKrishnap, can you please post any pics of door side molding you are talking about? I just want to see if goes with my red Liva .
Thanks.
Old 2nd December 2011, 08:57   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
Hi nKrishnap, can you please post any pics of door side molding you are talking about? I just want to see if goes with my red Liva .
Thanks.
I will try and post a diagram for it. The pic wont help much as the wiring is already tied up neatly under the other wires. Hidden Secret you see .

By the way nearing the 1,500 kms mark. The car has been running quite busy on account of my best pal's marriage. With the marriage being done. Now the running is expected to go down.

Expecting to touch 15 kmpl mark in city on this tank. Need to wait and see, hope I don't get stuck in traffic jams.

Planning for a drive this month end, lets wait and see how things turn out to be.
Old 2nd December 2011, 23:29   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
Thanks.
Here we go with the picture taken from the Etios website. I have marked the side molding with the white box.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-side-moulding.jpg

Since you now have the idea, please refer to any of the other ownership threads to have a better view of this add on that is planned for the Liva by me.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2011, 23:35   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a quick chat with the one senior management officials on the Etios. Passed on my feedback to him, and quite surprising most of the areas of concerns are being taken care of. Here's a couple of them.
  1. The interiors are being revamped (nothing major), but making it more visually appealing.
  2. The fabric color is also being worked upon.
  3. Something to do with noise insulation.
A quickly asked about the additional gaskets on the door, he asked to me watch this space out, though not sure why.

All these are resultant of the customer feedback.

There are three types of model changes that was mentioned.
  1. Customer feedback changes are categorized as minor changes.
  2. Major change, something like the current Innova versus the upcoming Innova.
  3. Full model change, example, old corolla versus the corolla altis.
My contact was in a hurry so could not extract too much of information (more is never enough for a bhpian). Will extract more information when I meet him next time around.

Now waiting to see what all can be retrofitted. Agreed the interior color of the dashboard cannot be changed.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 15:14   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a very small update. Replaced the parking light (wedge type 5W bulbs) with super bright LED lights, I think the power rating is 1W for each bulb.

The car is doing fine, nothing much to update as of now as I have not taken car out in the past week.

Will try and click the pics of the LED bulbs in action.
Old 11th December 2011, 10:41   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

The LED in action. Please excuse for the pics quality as it was shot with the mobile camera.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-led1.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-led5.jpg

closer look

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-led2.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-led3.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-led4.jpg

Now planning to replace the interior cabin light with LED type and adding one more at the rear.

The hunt for projector type sealed fog lamps with similar size of the OE ones with HID and Corona Rings.

Also, bought 3M double sided tape with about half an inch width.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks