Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2011, 15:47   #91
BHPian

re: Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The LED in action. Please excuse for the pics quality as it was shot with the mobile camera.
The lights are looking nice. You got them done in Toyota or outside? Any cost details plz?
Old 12th December 2011, 20:27   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
The lights are looking nice. You got them done in Toyota or outside? Any cost details plz?
Got it done from outside. its more of a DIY job. Cost me Rs. 300

Hows your car running by the way
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 10:06   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Now planning to replace the interior cabin light with LED type and adding one more at the rear.

The hunt for projector type sealed fog lamps with similar size of the OE ones with HID and Corona Rings.
Your Liva looks more Liva(e)ly now Krishna and with a mean stare!!

I have 12 LED Rood light and it really lights up the cockpit brightly. I am not sure which bulb is used in the Liva, but I would suggest go in for a 12 LED roof light bro it its feasable.

About the fog lights, have you planned on HID's or something ?
Old 13th December 2011, 13:11   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Got it done from outside. its more of a DIY job. Cost me Rs. 300. Hows your car running by the way
Good to know that we get some add ons to Toyota for even Rs.300.
I thought to change the head lights. But after seeing your lights, thinking of some LED and I hope it will improve night time lighting.

For me the running expenses are high because of pathetic roads in Chennai causing less milage (12kmpl) with the odo is at 1900. Some thing got disturbed in dash board and some vibrations started coming now. I could not locate from where the vibrations are coming. I have to take the car to Toyota. I have to blame on the road conditions. Rest every thing is good.
Old 18th December 2011, 11:32   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry about the late reply. Replies in Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
Good to know that we get some add ons to Toyota for even Rs.300.
I thought to change the head lights. But after seeing your lights, thinking of some LED and I hope it will improve night time lighting.

This LED is only for show and to be very frank and fair this just puts out whitish light and probably a little more light than the regular wedge 5W bulbs.

For me the running expenses are high because of pathetic roads in Chennai causing less milage (12kmpl) with the odo is at 1900. Some thing got disturbed in dash board and some vibrations started coming now. I could not locate from where the vibrations are coming. I have to take the car to Toyota. I have to blame on the road conditions. Rest every thing is good

Probably Chennai has started to compete with Bangalore for the bad roads, the roads are not better in Bangalore either. Did you get the additional central locking fitted? If yes this could be the reason for the rattle. Even I am facing this rattle issue only after fitting the additional central locking (Autocop) and I bet the accessories guy has not put it back properly . Initially this rattle sound was very low one had to strain the ear to hear it, however its getting a bit louder now a days. Need to get this fixed, planning to fix an appointment with the service center to get this fixed. My gut feel says that the autocop unit is not tied up properly. Will see if this can be screwed to ensure it does not rattle.

Mileage Update: 209.5 kms traveled, 14.49 litres translates into 14.46 kmpl. The mileage is as per expectations.

No of days completed - 55 days
Overall Kms done - 1,678.11 kms
Fuel Consumed - 109.98 litres (20.98 litres from BPCL and the remaining 89 litres from Shell. All the fuel is normal and no premium fuels used)
Overall Cost - Rs. 8,238.15

Mileage - 15.26 kmpl
Average Kms traveled per day - 30.51 kms

Last edited by nkrishnap : 18th December 2011 at 11:38.
Old 19th December 2011, 21:45   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Have booked an appointment for Saturday to have a crack at the rattling from the dashboard. Will take the camera along to ensure I click the pics and capture the problem area.

Cursing the accessories guy every time I hear the rattle.
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:29   #97
BANNED

The Etios and the Liva have been recalled by Toyota for a Filler Hose Aberration.
Vehicles manufactured before 8th Oct have been recalled.
Update us about it.
Old 22nd December 2011, 19:36   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilmonkey View Post
The Etios and the Liva have been recalled by Toyota for a Filler Hose Aberration.
Vehicles manufactured before 8th Oct have been recalled.
Update us about it.
I have already spoken to the SA at VIVA Toyota and fixed an appointment on Saturday to get this hose thing checkup and fixed.

Will keep all updated. Will click pics if possible on what is being changed.
Old 22nd December 2011, 19:52   #99
BANNED

I went to the Dealership and I have got it checked.Mine was already changed.Check my other post in the Etios recall thread.
Can you tell me does sometime while engaging reverse gear grinding sound come in your Liva?
Old 22nd December 2011, 20:04   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I went to the Dealership and I have got it checked.Mine was already changed.Check my other post in the Etios recall thread.
Can you tell me does sometime while engaging reverse gear grinding sound come in your Liva?
No I don't get any grinding sound while engaging the reverse gear. However, you need to press the clutch pedal completely to engage the reverse gear. It was a bit difficult initially to engage the reverse gear. Either I have got adjusted to the car or the gearbox has eased off and becoming smooth.
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:30   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
No I don't get any grinding sound while engaging the reverse gear. However, you need to press the clutch pedal completely to engage the reverse gear. It was a bit difficult initially to engage the reverse gear. Either I have got adjusted to the car or the gearbox has eased off and becoming smooth.
Guys, does this help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
I was facing, only occasionally, some grating sound while engaging the car in reverse gear immediately on starting (I need to reverse the car to take it out of its regular parking lounge). I referred to the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ear-sound.html by abhi1881. Now, I engage the car in 1st gear, move a few inches ahead. And then reverse. The problem has not recurred. I understand from the referred thread that Etios has sliding reverse gear, and not a synchromesh one.
Btw, the mechanic had told me not to bother about the sound.
Old 24th December 2011, 21:20   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the hose filler kit replaced today at the VIVA Toyota service center at Yelahanka. I was requested not to take pics of the replacement part, though I was very must present in person to see what was changed.

The reason for the hose filler kit replacement is - a minor leakage was at the hose due to damage/hit. Hence all the cars that were manufactured before 8th October 2011 are being replaced. Note - this is only for petrol cars.

On the dashboard rattle, like I earlier mentioned, this was got to do with the accessories guy not putting the center console properly in place. A simple removal and putting the center console back in place as it should have been put back has solved the issue. Tested drove the car extensively around on the non existent road and the noise has come back and I hope it stays that way.

No pics this time as the mobile battery had died down.
Old 26th December 2011, 14:53   #103
BANNED

Any updates on the engine bay guard.Can it be fitted to our petrol version?
And wht about the Tacho what are our chances.
I spoke to the SA he told me he has to check with the Technical Head about it.
Old 28th December 2011, 13:10   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any updates on the engine bay guard.Can it be fitted to our petrol version?
And wht about the Tacho what are our chances.
I spoke to the SA he told me he has to check with the Technical Head about it.
I dont think the tacho can be fit on this G version, because there will be changes in the wiring to accommodate the Tacho. So not in the mood to mess with this, but will still explore this option for the benefit of the forum members.

The SA told me that they will first try putting this engine guard on the test drive vehicle and if they succeed, they will update me on how to get this done.

By the way the car had a bad scratch on Sunday, due to my carelessness on a lazy sunday afternoon that too in a village.

Posting the pics of the scratch. Please excuse me for the quality of pics as it was shot using mobile camera.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-scratch.jpg

Gave the car to the Toyota Authorized service center to have a look and fix it. They have done a good job of it. Here's a couple of pics after the repainting for the bumper.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-after-repaint.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-after-repaint1.jpg

Got the car washed up after the Sunday's Drive and car got some special attention at the 3M service center HSR layout.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-foam-wash.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-all-7.jpg

I had a visit to the showroom for a quick chat with the sales manager, here I was shown the interior mod on the Etios/Liva. A pic for the black beige interior.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-interior-mod.jpg

Costs around 20K bucks and also you have the choice of opting the color.
Old 28th December 2011, 14:10   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Gave the car to the Toyota Authorized service center to have a look and fix it. They have done a good job of it. Here's a couple of pics after the repainting for the bumper.
Sorry to hear about the scratches. They did a good repainting it seems. BTW this one is covered by the insurence or paid out of pocket?

Most Viewed