Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 14:32   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
Sorry to hear about the scratches. They did a good repainting it seems. BTW this one is covered by the insurence or paid out of pocket?
Felt very bad with the scratches, but these things do happen. Thats the reason, gave the car to the Service center to fix it immediately. Yes, the job is done satisfactorily. The expense was paid out of the pocket and I did not claim insurance as it cost only 2,000 bucks. I'm not too sure whether the insurance claim would be honored for this type of scratch.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 13:38   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I dont think the tacho can be fit on this G version, because there will be changes in the wiring to accommodate the Tacho. So not in the mood to mess with this, but will still explore this option for the benefit of the forum members.

The SA told me that they will first try putting this engine guard on the test drive vehicle and if they succeed, they will update me on how to get this done.
Thanks regarding the update.
I just want to know if it is possible at all if the wiring and the other changes are done.If not will have to find a another way to do it.I also will not be doing any changes untill the warranty expires or the Toyota itself does it.
But yes will go ahead with the engine guard if it is successful.
About the scratch sad to know about it but 2K for that type of scratch dnt you think its a little more than it should be.The job done is amazing though.
Old 29th December 2011, 19:26   #108
BHPian

It seems that the showroom guys did a nice job of matching the paint with the original one.

Also could you give more details on the interior changes to Black Beige. My friend has a Etios and wanted to know what all will be changed for 20 k. Only the dash or the door pads and what else.

Thanks!
Old 31st December 2011, 10:12   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
It seems that the showroom guys did a nice job of matching the paint with the original one.

Also could you give more details on the interior changes to Black Beige. My friend has a Etios and wanted to know what all will be changed for 20 k. Only the dash or the door pads and what else.

Thanks!
The accessories head was not available at that time, however, even I am very much interested in knowing what all will be included for this 20K. I would want to see a car which is at least 6 months old which has undergone for this interior option to see if its durable.

Will keep the thread updated.
Old 31st December 2011, 10:32   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

The car was driven quite a bit over the week and here we go with the updates.

Had to drop of my cousin's wife to a place which is about 20 odd kms from Kolar. The drive was good with sparse traffic on the NH4. A quick dash this time and with empty roads, I was tempted to test the higher ranges of the speedo . I could touch 140 kmph but the car did feel nervous over bumpy patches but nothing alarming.

Mileage update for this trip with 50% bad city traffic and 50% highways with some speeding.

348.8 kms - 20.72 litres - Mileage - 16.81 kmpl

Second highway dash. Had to rush to Tirunelli near Mananthavady in Kerala to fetch some Ayurveda Medicine.

First refill near Maddur - 151 kms - 10.22 litres - 14.77 kmpl.

The roads were good for most part expect a few kms between Srirangapatna and Hunsur, a few kms in the Nagarahole national park and the last few kms before Tirunelli.

Took the same route back to Bangalore. The car did perform very satisfactory and did handle quite well. The steering though EPS does communicate quite well but definitely as good a feedback like palio/punto.

Second refill for the day - 461 kms - 22.08 litres - 20.88 kmpl. I am quite surprised by this number. Please note the cruising speed was 90-100 kmph and not pedal to metal stuff.

Another drive coming up by the end of Jan 2012 which I am very eager about.

Odo as of today - 2604 kms.

By the way, was anticipating a few wildlife spotting in Nagarahole, however the odd time we went and the big queue at the Safari counter ensured we spotted only a few deer and Macaques

A handful of snaps

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_5184.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_5202.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_5206.jpg
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 22:38   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

With the rumours of the fuel price hike again, topped up the tank again with running of 143 kms with 9.69 litres. Translating into 14.76 kmpl

The dashboard rattle seems to have gone for good even after repeated driving on the bad roads.
Old 6th January 2012, 20:17   #112
BANNED

@nkrishnap

Have you looked into the TRD Liva it is just awesome .Is there any possibility that you can give about the specs for them with your sources in the company.
I cant wait to see the potential of the Liva chassis.
Old 10th January 2012, 21:40   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilmonkey View Post
@nkrishnap

Have you looked into the TRD Liva it is just awesome .Is there any possibility that you can give about the specs for them with your sources in the company.
I cant wait to see the potential of the Liva chassis.
Sorry about the late reply.

No I have not seen the TRD Liva. Can you help me or guide to what this TRD Liva is?
Old 10th January 2012, 21:59   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Have completed 3293 kms as of today. Some observations and break up of the 3300 kms

City - 1396 kms (22 on the odo during delivery and visits to service center accounts around 80 kms)

Highways - 1897 kms

Latest mileage update on the highway - 393 kms in 17.23 litres of petrol - 22.81 kmpl

Other observations about the car

+ Very comfortable to cruise on the highway with speeds of 90-110 kms per hr. Anything higher will increase the noise levels and will see a drop in the mileage
+ has decent mid range ensuring the car is in the power band at most times while cruising.
+ Headlights have good spread, low beam excellent, but high beam could be better
+ have got adjusted to the center console and not finding it annoying.
+ the front seats are comfortable with good back support. I cant tell about the rear seats as I have not sat behind, but what ever feedback I have received, its comfortable.
+ Decent steering with above average levels of feedback, not as dead as the i10/i20 steering.
+ Space, more has already been said about it
+ No leakages/or lizards/serpants found inside the car

Now negatives

- the engine is noisy when cold, but as the engine heats up it settles down quite well.
- road noise when the speed is above 12o kmph, can anything be done about this?
- the central locking does not unlock the rear doors randomly, need to lock and unlock again to open the door. Time to visit the Toyota A.S.S again
- Wiper blades quality is below average.
- the suspension thuds when passing over sharp bumps with higher speeds.

Will keep the thread updated as when I observe things.

@Mods: Kindly update the title to "Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 3300 kms done"
Old 12th January 2012, 18:46   #115
BANNED

There is a seperate thread in the Auto Expo 2012 section for Toyota.Or you can google it if you want.
Old 22nd January 2012, 00:58   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the Stage 1 of the ICE set up on my Liva and couple of other items done on the car.

ICE details -

Head Unit - JVC KW-AVX846
Front - Rockford prime 6.1/2 Components
Rear - Rockford Prime H69 6x9
Front door damping

The other two items on the car are the reverse parking sensors and the reverse camera.

Will post the pics tomorrow.
Old 22nd January 2012, 23:11   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the ICE done up in the car. Some pictures of the ICE and parking sensors.

The OE speaker and damping.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-1.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-2.jpg

Rockford Prime 6.5 inch components.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-3.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-4.jpg

Damping on the door.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-5.jpg

The center console opened up for the head unit installation.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-6.jpg

Parking sensors and camera.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-parking-sensors.jpg

Rear Ovals

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-rear.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-rear1.jpg

Reverse parking sensor warning screen.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-sensor.jpg

The audio screen

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-screen.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-screen1.jpg

Video being played.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-movie1.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-movie2.jpg

Reverse Camera in action.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-reverse-camera.jpg
Old 22nd January 2012, 23:22   #118
Team-BHP Support

nkrishnap, I hope you don't mind but I have a few suggestions with the ICE setup.

The damping is not at all real damping. Those are just sponge sheets. They will hardly make any difference. Also damping sheets need to be applied to the inside of the door so the outer sheet metal doesn't jar as well.

The rear speaker shelf is a very very poor design. That angle facing the rear passengers is really bad for rear occupants. You can put a flat shelf. It will look a lot better as well.

Where did you get this done?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd January 2012 at 00:22. Reason: typo
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 00:07   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
nkrishnap, I hope you don't find but I have a few suggestions with the ICE setup.

The damping is not at all real damping. Those are just sponge sheets. They will hardly make any difference. Also damping sheets need to be applied to the inside of the door so the outer sheet metal doesn't jar as well.

The rear speaker shelf is a very very poor design. That angle facing the rear passengers is really bad for rear occupants. You can put a flat shelf. It will look a lot better as well.

Where did you get this done?
No minding at all .

I got the set up at the Evo in Cambridge Layout. Yeah, Satya told this to me and since I asked for this, he got that angled spacers done. By the way the rear seat is 90% time vacant. But the problem I faced with the flat ones is the wiring and the gets tangled out when removing the luggage out. Need to find a solution to this and get back to the flats.

Have a couple of this to be done as well.
Old 24th January 2012, 08:42   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Leaving for a drive to Udupi today and to the places around. It will be about a 1000 kms drive. Will give period updates on how the car behaves on the varied road conditions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks