Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2011, 13:22   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Congrats on your new purchase, nkrishnap !! The car looks terrific in this color. Nice details in your report. By the by, what does the paint sealant do ?
Missed this post. Paint sealant is the protection treatment given by 3M for new cars to ensure the factory shine is protected and lasts longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Congrats on your new car. Thanks for sharing nice thoughtful pictures.

Liva looks gorgeous in the Red. I frequently spot a Red Liva VX on my regular route. The G model without that chrome at the rear looks even better. And you've even shared the pics of the bathing beauty!

Spot-on!

Wishing you effortless crunching of miles after happy and safe miles.
Yes, the Chrome is a bit overdone for the car. It looks a lot better without the chrome

Last edited by GTO : 28th October 2011 at 14:44. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing back to back posts.
Old 27th October 2011, 13:47   #17
J.Ravi

Re: A Car Hunt ended up with Living Tmrrw 2Day – Toyota Etios Liva G – SP Vermilion R

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
So it was Liva indeed we decided upon. We decided upon the Vermilion Red color and G verison.
Congratulations and best wishes, nkrishnap. Go through the owner's handbook thoroughly and get acquainted with all the features. Happy and safe driving.
  (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 13:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Car Hunt ended up with Living Tmrrw 2Day – Toyota Etios Liva G – SP Vermilion R

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Yesterday What time? I was near the St Johns hospital on the way to the 3M center at HSR Layout.
Dont ask me tough qtn, It was before noon but dont remember the exact time. I could see the red ribbon on the bonnet.

Red colour
No reg plate
red ribbon
G variant (without that ugly chrome strip)
Who was driving? wife..?
Old 27th October 2011, 14:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase of the Etios Liva nkrishnap. The car looks very nive in that color and without that hideous chrome strip at the back. Wishing you and your family miles and miles of happy motoring in the car!

I was all along of the opinion that the interiors of the Etios and the Liva were not good at all and Toyota had cut costs left, right and center when they designed this model. I have only sat in an Etios once and I did not like the interiors at all. But, going by your review and one more ownership thread of the Liva on this forum, it seems to me though the interiors look bad, they are well screwed together and will last longer. Keep the thread alive by posting your experiences with the Liva.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2011, 08:14   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

The odo is now at 173 kms. A few observations.
  1. For somebody who has driven the cars with heavy clutch the clutch of Liva is very soft and has less travel. I have stalled the car quite a few times already in the first gear. But getting better. For newbies they will love the clutch
  2. The car does not have any vibrations on the gear level or the pedal during idle or when revving the engine. Quite like that
  3. I have mentioned before and will mention again, the EPS is super light when stationary and weighs up adequately (note I have gone one upsize for the tyre from 175 to 185) and has some amount of feedback and does not feel light all the time.
  4. The headlights have good spread and the fog lamps does enhance the visibility and light spread near the bumper.
  5. The rear seat very comfortable, older people will not complain.
  6. For every 70 kms a block on the fuel guage disappears. I know, its not the right way, but if it stays consistent this way, I have no reason to complain
  7. Forgot to collect the boot mat from the dealer, will be picking it up today along with the number plates.
  8. The key hole area plastic is not tightened properly (not sure if its is meant to be that way) and is lose. though this does not rattle, when you touch it or apply a bit of pressure it moves.
There was small click sort of sound near the front passenger seat every time the car went over the pot hole. Figured it out that the jack was not fully tightened in place. Tightened it and the noise is gone for good.

Also got the weak single horn replaced by Bosch Wind tone horn.

Time for some pics now.

Head light console. It can be observed that the panel gaps are unusual for a Toyota, but it is consistent.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4844.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4847.jpg

Fog Lamps. Wonder what type of bulb this is. I want to install HIDs for the fog lights.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4845.jpg

The Toyota Emblem

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4850.jpg

Rear leg room

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4852.jpg

The Red gear knob, Wife's choice for one of the accessories.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_48562.jpg

Pedals. Dead pedal sorely missed. Wonder how much does a manufacturer save with these necessary titbits

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4858.jpg

Deep Glove box

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4860.jpg

The center console with the tell tale lights

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4853.jpg

The Key less entry, key and key chain.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4875.jpg

Planning to tank up today, will keep the thread posted on the mileage for the first refill.
Old 29th October 2011, 11:19   #21
BHPian

Congrats Krishna! Red Color Liva looks nice.

Just that they could have broken that boxy feel of the Front bumper(Squareness at the corners) compared to the rounded bonnet and grill and also the rounded feel of the rear door top frame to something in straight lines would have made it much better looking. Just my thoughts

As I too noticed in a couple of threads, the interior color seems to be the let down, Toyota could have easily made it look better by using some other color like black/beige/combination. however, they might have it in mind in the name of Facelift.

For dash and door panels, i think you can get it covered using a nice art leather of your choice to make it look light at eyes. One of my friend did this to his peugeot 309 and it really was better. But it might be difficult to get the close fix of the parts by Toyota.

And finally how much did the G-SP cost you on the Road, Bangalore? So, petrol model is available without any waiting period is it?

Happy Motoring.

-CG
Old 29th October 2011, 23:15   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
And finally how much did the G-SP cost you on the Road, Bangalore? So, petrol model is available without any waiting period is it?

Happy Motoring.

-CG
The on road price after all the offers stands at Rs. 593,193/-

There is waiting period for petrol cars as well and the it should not extend beyond 3 weeks in Bangalore. Also depends on which variant and color one is looking for.
Old 29th October 2011, 23:32   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

An update on the FE.

First tank up at 23 kms. Tanked up again at 190 kms.

Distance traveled - 167 kms, Fuel consumed 12.7 litres

Mileage - 13.15 with 100% AC in Bangalore City Traffic.

Some more Observations
  1. Dead pedal badly missed. How did Toyota miss this when got the other ergonomics spot on.
  2. Ride quality and handling has definitely exceed my expectations.
  3. 2 gear is quite tall, making it more or less useless when the speed is less than 10 kmph. Like the 3rd gear though can potter around town around 20-25 kmph without needing to downshift
  4. When going over big speed breakers downshift to 1st gear is a must
  5. The ground clearance is quite good and till now I have not managed to scrape any of the humongous speed breaker in Bangalore city
  6. The vermillion red looks a hell lot better under the low light or under the street lights (read sodium vapor lamps). Will try and capture a few pics as and when possible.
  7. Parents feel the rear seat is super comfy. Thats the best comfort factor for me knowing that my parents are feeling good about traveling in the car
Some pics clicked during the Autocop remote locking/security system installation and the speedometer when backlit.

Engine Bay

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-29102011193.jpg

Door panels opened up for installation of Autocop locking mechanism. Surprised that there was a damping sheet on the doors with the amount of cost cutting Toyota has done

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-29102011194.jpg

Speedo Backlit

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-29102011196.jpg
nkrishnap is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 16:25   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Have covered 280 kms until now. Got the door protectors installed along with the beads for the front seats.

Planning to clean up the car tomorrow and click a few official photos.

The fabric thingy covering the hatch is not properly fixed. Somehow missed this during PDI. Need to figure a way out to put it in place
Old 31st October 2011, 18:39   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Nkrishnap,

Congrats on the car, albeit a bit late at that. Brilliant colour and nice detailed pictures. Wishing you unlimited safe miles with the Liva.

Btw, in the post above, is that plastic really told to be a damping material? Or there is a pun intended?
Old 31st October 2011, 21:15   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Nkrishnap,

Congrats on the car, albeit a bit late at that. Brilliant colour and nice detailed pictures. Wishing you unlimited safe miles with the Liva.

Btw, in the post above, is that plastic really told to be a damping material? Or there is a pun intended?
Thanks mate. The plastic thingy that you see is indeed a damping material, but have no technical knowledge about it. The fun intended was that I was surprised to see even this sheet.
Old 1st November 2011, 22:27   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Have about 390 odd kms on the odo. The drive has been pretty good until now and there are quite a few people asking how good the car is at the signals and at the parking as well.

Did a neat wash and wax today morning. Effects of the efforts put in by burning calories.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-01112011198.jpg

Unfortunately there was rain all around today and the planned photo-shoot was cut short. Some pics from the trial.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4888.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4889.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4892.jpg

Lord Ganesh near the speedo console.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4899.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4919.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4920.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4925.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4930.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4932.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4934.jpg
Old 1st November 2011, 22:31   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

@Mods: Please keep this post separate for the pics taken under the street lights (Sodium Vapor Lights)

Please bear with the experiments done.

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4940.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4947.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4950.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4952.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4953.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4955.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4957.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4958.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4959.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4967.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4968.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4974.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4975.jpg

Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms-img_4977.jpg

Had the first scratch on the car because of an impatient auto driver trying to squeeze from the left side . Wanted to punch him and beat the living daylights out of that moron, but better sense prevailed.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 1st November 2011 at 22:33.
Old 1st November 2011, 22:48   #29
BHPian

@nkrishnap

Congrats on your new car. Your car looks brilliant, right choice on the addons.
vishnugs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2011, 17:24   #30
BANNED

Nice Thread and Lovely Pictures

I will be constantly following your thread for all the updates.There are a lot of similarity between us like we both love FIAT our parents like the rear seat leg space (Liva)
Finally got a call from my Dealer saying the car has arrived in stockyard and he also gave me the VIN and Engine number.
Thanks for all the help.

Drive Safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks