Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2014, 18:44   #91

Re: Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed

Dear Vikash,
I'm not sure if you still visit this thread, but the information you have provided especially through personal experience (using your city and your brother's city) and comparing them both have proved very useful to me. I own a Honda City AT 2013 March model and have found the suspension a little harsh, though i have no real issues with ground clearance, and was wondering about alternatives. I follow Dr.Mudhan's blog from time to time and he referred me here. So looks like 195/65/15 is the way to go.
Old 7th August 2021, 08:33   #92
BHPian

Re: Foglamps Installed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Took the car for second free service today...

Also got the Fog Lights fitted.
10 years too late but does anyone know where to procure the fog light assembly for the pre facelift 3rd gen city?
Old 7th August 2021, 08:42   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
10 years too late but does anyone know where to procure the fog light assembly for the pre facelift 3rd gen city?
Have you checked boodmos and partsbigboss?
Old 8th August 2021, 11:54   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Have you checked boodmos and partsbigboss?
Thanks! I see it on partsbigboss. Will have to find a shop willing to undertake the job
Old 15th August 2021, 13:46   #95
BHPian

The original set of fog lamps for the 3rd Gen is mostly available at approx 18,000/- for the full set
However I was able to get a set from the market at approx ₹2500/-.
I used the original mounting brackets and put the new fog lamp lights along with it, so the fitting came out immaculate. I also replaced the halogen bulbs with LED bulbs as I had changed the headlight bulbs also to LED.

Entire cost of replacing both fog lamps with LED bulbs was approx ₹4000/-

Hope this helps.
amitku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 14:07   #96
BHPian

This is such a lovely write up buddy and what got my attention was the onroad price of your car, I mean a full blown C segment sedan for 7.68L, times have really changed man, what do we get for 8L today?

This 3rd Gen city has always been my favorite among all the generations, whenever I see one on the road, I never miss a chance to have a second glance. Beautiful car and the design feels cohesive unlike the 4th gen which felt too boxy.

Do post some pictures of your ride.
sachin_cs is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 10:59   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitku View Post
The original set of fog lamps for the 3rd Gen is mostly available at approx 18,000/- for the full set
However I was able to get a set from the market at approx ₹2500/-.
I used the original mounting brackets and put the new fog lamp lights along with it, so the fitting came out immaculate. I also replaced the halogen bulbs with LED bulbs as I had changed the headlight bulbs also to LED.

Entire cost of replacing both fog lamps with LED bulbs was approx ₹4000/-

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply! I think you have the VMT model looking at your bio.
Well I have the S-MT model which doesn't have a hole in the bumper. The entire assembly has to be installed by cutting the bumper - not sure if accesory shops do this nowadays.

Where did you get the set for 2500 from?
Old 4th September 2021, 13:41   #98
BHPian

Well you are correct mine is the VMT, however the set which I got for Rs. 2500/- had the entire set, fog lamps, mounting and the oval front garnish which fits into the bumper.
Even you bumper will have the oval markings on the inside which needs to be cut for placement of the Fog Lamps and the mechanic should be able to do it.
amitku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 17:03   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitku View Post
Well you are correct mine is the VMT, however the set which I got for Rs. 2500/- had the entire set, fog lamps, mounting and the oval front garnish which fits into the bumper.
Even you bumper will have the oval markings on the inside which needs to be cut for placement of the Fog Lamps and the mechanic should be able to do it.
Thanks! Will keep you'll updated it this goes through.

Found the product - https://autoretails.com/product/fog-lamp-honda-city-5/

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 4th September 2021 at 17:10.
Old 4th September 2021, 18:20   #100
BHPian

Seems you have found the perfect set for your car.
Just get a good Mechanic/electrician to get your car an upgrade.

I would recommend upgrading the Headlamps and Foglamps with LED as the white light combination (Head + Fog light) looks stunning.
amitku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 02:25   #101
BHPian

Guys, need a pair of fog lamps for my city zx. Was using a 100/90 setup in headlights but the bulbs used to fuse a lot. Can't bear the 60/55 lights at night and during fog/rain.

Was thinking of fitting one of these

Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-untitled.png

I know these won'look good on a sedan but my requirement will be met. In addition, it has a yellow cover for north-Indian foggy winters.

The LED in OEM fog lamp casing will be much more aesthetic.
But how's the light ouput? please compare with 60/55 halogen headlights.
Which LED's to buy ?
Old 14th February 2023, 18:06   #102
BHPian

I had bought this Honda City in 2011. Truly enjoyed it for 5yrs and sold it to a friend in 2016.

He then enjoyed it for a further 5yrs and sold it to his friend in 2021.

And just out of the blue, got this message from him today...

Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-whatsapp-image-20230214-17.50.08.jpeg

Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-whatsapp-image-20230214-17.49.45.jpeg

This HONDA is still bringing smiles even at an altitude of 10k feet in the remote eastern town of TAWANG
Old 27th February 2023, 23:39   #103
BHPian

Issue in my 2010 Honda city Headlight bulbs.

Introduction
We upgraded our headlight bulbs from stock 60/55W because it provided us poor illumination during frequent night drives. We were blinded by the oncoming traffic by our stock headlights on pitch dark conditions. That is when we felt we needed an upgrade so we switched to Philips 100/90W bulbs along with Relay wiring kit. To our surprise, after three or so months the bulbs were getting problems like either the low beam or the high beam stops working all of a sudden. We used to change our bulb/s 2 months once after which our FNG mechanic informed that there is a problem with the wiring kit. So we switched over to Roots wiring kit and it worked properly with no issues.

Problem
Until, one day we decided to get the engine bay washed with pressure washer in our nearby car wash shop. We were careful and alert while they were washing and the battery was fully covered. The next day both the headlights were out. Upon inspecting, the fuse which comes along with wiring kit was blown and we replaced it. It was working well for a week and once again the problem occurred i.e. fuse was blown. Now the fuse is working fine.

But the high beam in one of our bulbs has stopped working. Someway or the other the headlights keep giving us troubles. Now my question is, what could possibly be the problem for this issue? This seems like a simple fix but it's getting frustrated each and every time changing the bulbs stuck in the middle of the highway. I have been using Philips Rally H4 bulbs for the past 2 years. Now I have purchased Osram Rallye H4 lamps. Before installing the new bulbs, I wanted to make sure all the issues are solved. Please tell the parameters that I need to check for proper functioning of headlights.

Most Viewed