Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2011, 20:55   #46
BHPian

Re: Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed

I am attaching the pic of headlight for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-headlight.jpg  

Old 5th December 2011, 07:59   #47
BHPian

See post # 249 in this page, for the measurements which I did on ground clearance, after the tyre upgrade:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-home-17.html
Old 5th December 2011, 09:59   #48

@Vikash49 Haven't driven much but looks like both GC and ride is better however feel steering has become little hard. Also am little worried about adverse effect on suspension in long term. Am considering downsizing to either 185/65/15 or 195/60/15. What do you suggest?

185 means increase in width and side-profile both. 195 means just the increased width and close to original side-profile.

width or side-profile? how do we choose?

@B103 got P7 for 5600 in Nagpur.
Old 6th December 2011, 18:56   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hi Vicky,
How are you planning to install the fog lamps? I checked out the link and it says that the bumper needs modifications to install them.
Also, won't these affect the warranty?
I've already spoken with the Service Manager at my local Honda Dealership here, and they have confirmed that one of their mechanics has done fog lamps installations on a no of E-MT and S-MTcars variants. The process involves removal of the bumper and cutting out slots on it to install the fogs. The cutout guideline is already marked on the inside on the bumper. They have agreed to do the installation for me. And since they themselves are doing the installation, so it shouldn't effect the warranty on the rest of the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by palewar View Post
@Vikash49 Haven't driven much but looks like both GC and ride is better however feel steering has become little hard. Also am little worried about adverse effect on suspension in long term. Am considering downsizing to either 185/65/15 or 195/60/15
The hardness of the steering is because of the larger contact patch (195 v/s 175) on the new tires. Pls check again if the air pressure is correct as the stiffness could be due to under inflation too.

As for the "adverse effect on suspension" is concerned, please do not be worried at all. This upsize is very safe and the other day I met an acquaintance who's been running Michelin 195/65 R15 on Neo Alloys on his 2009 Honda City for over 30k kms now and is very very satisfied.

Also, its a common practice among manufacturers to offer different tyre / wheel combinations on different variants of the same car. Example:

Swift VXi variant comes with 165section tires on 14" rims while the ZXi variant comes factory fitted with 185section tires on 15" rims.

Last edited by vikash49 : 6th December 2011 at 19:00.
Old 6th December 2011, 22:55   #50
Team-BHP Support

That is a very tastefully done Honda City you've got there mate. Good job!

I like the upholstery and the new white bulbs you're using in place of the old ones for the parking-lights. How much did they cost you? Are you still looking for a new set of alloys? Have you considered the optional ones that Honda stocks with them?

Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-09city_mod_15.jpg

Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-driver_hondacity_story_mai.jpg

I had the same wheels installed on our blue Jazz. We might consider up-sizing the tyres, though. We're looking for 195 sections as it improves grip and road-holding. The Jazz has become our designated long-distance car, now that we found out that we can stuff our car's boot with luggage for 4 people without a fuss.

I have a question though. Do the wider tyres make the steering feel heavy around corners? I'm aware that the City has a pretty light steering, just like the Jazz, and it can tend to feel a little vague at times. In that case, the wider tyre might actually do good if it weighs up the steering around a bend.

Your thoughts?

Many thanks, and a heart felt congratulations on your new drive.
Old 9th December 2011, 15:23   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post

The hardness of the steering is because of the larger contact patch (195 v/s 175) on the new tires. Pls check again if the air pressure is correct as the stiffness could be due to under inflation too.

As for the "adverse effect on suspension" is concerned, please do not be worried at all. This upsize is very safe and the other day I met an acquaintance who's been running Michelin 195/65 R15 on Neo Alloys on his 2009 Honda City for over 30k kms now and is very very satisfied.

Also, its a common practice among manufacturers to offer different tyre / wheel combinations on different variants of the same car. Example:

Swift VXi variant comes with 165section tires on 14" rims while the ZXi variant comes factory fitted with 185section tires on 15" rims.
Thanks for your explanation. I am noob here :-) BTW does inflation pressure has to be changed when we change tyre? I mean 195/65 will need a higher PSI to be properly inflated?

I downsized to 195/60/R15 though as most people suggest on this forum. Ride is good after that.
Old 18th December 2011, 14:50   #52
Senior - BHPian

Re: Upgrade 5 - LED Parking Lights!

Quote:
I had ordered these T10 10 SMD LED Bulbs from Ebay..
Hi Vikash. Great looking lights! Was installing them a hassle-free process? Seriously considering picking them up myself.
Old 24th December 2011, 20:01   #53
BHPian

Re: Upgrade 5 - LED Parking Lights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Hi Vikash. Great looking lights! Was installing them a hassle-free process? Seriously considering picking them up myself.
Exactly. Great looking park lights. I am planning to get them installed, but I have a couple of quick questions

a. I want to install it on the park lights + fog lamps to ensure consistent look. (Buld upgrade is on the cards). Does it need any modification before fixing?
b. Did you install it yourself? If so could you explain how? How easy was it to install these?
Old 25th December 2011, 01:37   #54
BHPian

Had been to a christmas party... and parked the car by the roadside. This is what we saw when we came down at 1am..

Looks like some envious idiot walking along the footpath ran a a blunt stone on the car:(

There was a black octavia parked after mine and this too had a similar deep scratch along the length of the rear left door..

I just can't fathom what satisfaction some people derive out of such pathetic acts. Must be living sick, frustrated lives..

So much for the festive mood:(

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.
Attached Images

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th January 2012 at 02:26. Reason: Please see note in post :)
Old 25th December 2011, 07:34   #55
BHPian

I feel for you man. This is a universal bane. I think they should do what they do in S'pore. 10 lashes if caught.

On a more practical note, I think some work with a rubbing compound should take care of this as they havent scratched deep into the panel.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...scratches.html

Last edited by dingolphie : 25th December 2011 at 07:36.
Old 25th December 2011, 21:13   #56
BHPian

Ouch!!! I am so very sorry to see this. I can feel the pain and anger inside you. Truly I cannot understand what pleasure people get out of it. There was an ad in the television that shows a kid scratching away a parked car with some blunt thing. I wonder why they show such ads? It gives crooked people ideas. I am very scared of such thing happening on my car and I try to ensure that its parked safe, even if it means I have to walk a lot. I never park by the roadside unless I can watch the car myself.

If this is a deep scratch (looks like it is), then it's not going to be easy to remove it. You can make it sort of disappear if you can find a mechanic who is very good with paint matching. I wouldn't recommend you try anything fancy like the paint pen or something. It's going to make it worse. Search the team-bhp forums if you can find a workshop somewhere close to your place that can fix this well.

If this is a not a deep scratch, then a bit of rubbing polish and waxing should make it go away. The easiest way to detect a deep scratch is to gently slide your nail across the affected area and see if the nail "dips" in.
Old 21st January 2012, 22:28   #57
BHPian

Foglamps Installed..

Took the car for second free service today...

Also got the Fog Lights fitted.

Also got the door handles and rear view mirror tops painted body color..

This is how she looked before starting work..
Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-20120121-12.45.55.jpg

Door Handles off to the paint shop..
Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-20120121-13.49.18.jpg

I had earlier said that the Honda City comes with a single Horn as OEM, however I was wrong... When they opened the bumper today to install the foglamps, I noticed that while one horn (visible one) is placed right on the centre of the car behind the bumper, there is one more placed to the right side and is not visible once the bumper is in place.

I did not know of this earlier, and had put up dual horns in the front position without removing the one hidden inside the bumper.. So i was in fact running 3 horns for the past few months
Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-20120121-14.34.25.jpg

So got this corrected today... removed the OEM one still present inside the bumper and placed the HELLA aftermarket horns in the same positions as the OEM ones are installed.

Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-20120121-14.44.16.jpg

Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-20120121-14.44.38.jpg

Time to get the fog lamps fitted...

Take off the bumper and invert it and you will see that there are markings present for cutting the fog lamps inlays. All mounts are also present to enable you to install the lights..
Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-20120121-14.38.57.jpg

Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-20120121-14.49.21.jpg

After a rough cut.. needs to be filed for a better finish..
Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-20120121-14.57.56.jpg

Now with the lamp in place..

Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-20120121-15.03.jpg

Now with the lip in place..
Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-20120121-15.04.09.jpg

Time for the the painted door handles to fall into place..
Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-20120121-17.00.51.jpg

And here's the final product...
Picked up my New Honda City! Update: Low GC & Headlight woes addressed-20120121-17.00.53.jpg

Total Time - 2.5 hrs
Total Cost - 6,300/- (excluding cost of fog lamp which I had bought online)
vikash49 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 13:37   #58
Senior - BHPian

Looks great Vikash, congrats! You're nearly up to "V" spec now... just the alloys to go! Your thread will be a great guide for those planning to buy the base CE/E variant of the facelifted City and adding on accessories. For the sake of a single point of reference, could you collate the additional costs so far on upgrades in a post? Would be very helpful

Also, do you know if there's a possibility of retro-fitting a front centre armrest, and the costs + effort involved for the same?
razor4077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 03:29   #59
BHPian

Re: Foglamps Installed..

Quote:
Total Time - 2.5 hrs
Total Cost - 6,300/- (excluding cost of fog lamp which I had bought online)
For quite sometime now I've been wanting to install fog lamps on my ANHC. But was put off by the price quoted by the dealer. Your thread had solved that problem, thank you very much. Can you give cost split-up (if possible) on how much the dealer charged to paint the fog lamp lips/shroud and for fog lamp installation (labour) ?

The white LED bulbs for the parking light gives the car a cool look, tasteful. Was it DIY ? Do we need to change the parking bulb adapter/holder or was it a straight fit ? I am tempted to do both these modifications in my ANHC.

Last edited by donarun : 24th January 2012 at 03:33.
Old 27th January 2012, 10:18   #60

hi vicky,am a newbie here but must say done a very good job of modding the car, i have a city smt 2010 alabaster silver;just wanted to know how did you get the fogs. Went to the link specified by you but wasnt sure how to pay n order? seekin these fogs desperately as am in udhampur(J & K) and the winters are pretty foggy... lookin for some help, thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks