Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2014, 12:47   #151
BHPian

re: My BlueBerry! VW Vento TDi HighLine. EDIT: 3 Years & 50,000 Kms update on Pg11

@Mods: Please change the Title of the thread to:
My BlueBerry! VW Vento TDi HighLine. EDIT: 3rd Service, 45K Kms update.

My previous experiences with the service station was that they took a lot of time to start working on your car. Plus alignment and washing wasted a lot of time. So this time I decided to skip alignment and washing and get these 2 things done from outside. I took the car to the service center around 9. I gave them only 2 directives: Dont dirty the car from inside and free me by 1 in the afternoon. This time one thing that changed was they didnt mind me roaming in the service area that much as they used to earlier. The servicing was a normal regular affair. Initially I had to run after them to get the work started on the car timely. I got free from there around 2. Then I went to the alignment guy and got the alignment done. Next day I went to 3M for the wash and wax treatment to complete the full servicing.

Service bill was around 10,500 excluding alignment and washing.
If I had got these both done from the service center it would have costed me around 2300-2500 more.

I got alignment and balancing done from outside for 800. 3M 1200 for the UV package.

Overall Impressions:
1) The drivetrain continues to remain a gem. The car has become smoother and quiter over the years. The clutch is still hard.
2) I told them to check the brake pads, I am not sure of they did but they didnt change them. I am feeling they need a replacement as I feel the bite has reduced. What should be the ideal timeframe to get them changed? I have heard Brembo has OEM replacement brake pads for these cars for around 6K. Any feedbacks?
3) Rattling or noises. Nothing new. Overall I would say no rattling. Only some sqeaks here and there occasionally. Nothing consistently bothersome.
4) Ride has greatly improved with the Yoko AVS DBs and boy they are super quite even on high speeds on smooth roads.

Overall a better service experience this time with the service center. I am very satisfied with this car. Given a choice I still would buy the vento only in this segment.

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_2247.jpg
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 05:05   #152

re: My BlueBerry! VW Vento TDi HighLine. EDIT: 3 Years & 50,000 Kms update on Pg11

Using fiesta diesel zxi since 2006 covering 83k kms in platinum shade.
barring few scratches, touched up during next visit to service centre, faced no issues with paint quality. Now in the process of choosing Vento AT DSG for an upgrade from manual to AT. As a user of dark shade vento how did you overcome the scratches issue, though I like the new toffee brown as well as your blue, I am afraid of the scratches issue, as my car is larked in open in my society.
Old 14th November 2014, 23:51   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by usatya View Post
Using fiesta diesel zxi since 2006 covering 83k kms in platinum shade.
barring few scratches, touched up during next visit to service centre, faced no issues with paint quality. Now in the process of choosing Vento AT DSG for an upgrade from manual to AT. As a user of dark shade vento how did you overcome the scratches issue, though I like the new toffee brown as well as your blue, I am afraid of the scratches issue, as my car is larked in open in my society.
Hi Usatya,

My apologies for the delay in response. Having a new born baby at home really makes life busy.

Well owning a Dark Coloured colour in India is always going to be challenging, especially if you want it to shine all the time.

My car, even after my lot of efforts is full of swirls.

Here are a few things that I have started doing:
1) Got rid of the cleaning guy.
2) Keep the car under a car cover (Polco, Tyvek), as much as I can.
3) Clean it with Jopasu car duster before putting the cover on.
4) Regular polishing. Atleast once in a month.

Here is my feedback on all of this. These things help to keep contain the swirls, but they are not 100% swirl proof as the car cover and Jopasu also do result in some swirls. But these are way better than keeping the car in open and some cleaning guy putting a damp cloth on it.

Its not that one cannot maintain a dark coloured car in india, but the efforts to maintain it will definately be higher. Overall, the Paint quality of VW is very good, you just need to keep it protected with layers of polish.

Regards
Rachit
Old 15th November 2014, 05:34   #154

Thank you Rachit for your valuable advise. Though had in mind the vento,but shifted to
Ford Fiesta AT Sea Grey, which is equally cause for concern. I have started using the cover supplied with car, but not the other you suggested yet. Jopasu duster is it a special one where can i get it ,pl help. Thanks again for response. Regds, usatya
Old 15th November 2014, 14:53   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by usatya View Post
Jopasu duster is it a special one where can i get it ,pl help.
Jopasu car duster - Snapdeal.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 15:26   #156
BHPian

Hello! Sorry to repeat this post which was already posted in Vento Test drive and review thread but it remained unanswered there. I request Bhpians to kindly help me on this one.

I have a March 2013 Vento TDI highline which is at 40,400kms approx. I need your valuable opinion for my car.

Tyres:
The factory fitted Apollos are due for replacement. What will be the ideal replacement which won't affect fuel economy? As the car is used in 'construction site' like environment, tyres should be possibly puncture-free like the Apollos but should even provide more grip at high speeds.

Bluetooth:
From Day 1, bluetooth sometimes connects instantly or car needs to be restarted to get it connected. Had even read about a Polo TSI in some magazine having the same issue. From the last 5000kms, songs played via bluetooth also lag many times. Even this gets sorted out by restarting the car but not always.

Gearbox:
From the last 4000 kms, I hear a popping sound every time the reverse is engaged. Anyone faced this issue too?

Repaint:
The rear right door had minor damage so the whole door had to be repainted which was done in April 2014. But now, the paint has started coming off from the door handle from its inner side. Should I demand for a free replacement handle/free repaint?

Thank you.

Last edited by 300 KMPH : 15th November 2014 at 15:30.
Old 16th November 2014, 11:04   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 KMPH View Post
Hello! Sorry to repeat this post which was already posted in Vento Test drive and review thread but it remained unanswered there. I request Bhpians to kindly help me on this one.

I have a March 2013 Vento TDI highline which is at 40,400kms approx. I need your valuable opinion for my car.

Tyres:
The factory fitted Apollos are due for replacement. What will be the ideal replacement which won't affect fuel economy? As the car is used in 'construction site' like environment, tyres should be possibly puncture-free like the Apollos but should even provide more grip at high speeds.

Bluetooth:
From Day 1, bluetooth sometimes connects instantly or car needs to be restarted to get it connected. Had even read about a Polo TSI in some magazine having the same issue. From the last 5000kms, songs played via bluetooth also lag many times. Even this gets sorted out by restarting the car but not always.

Gearbox:
From the last 4000 kms, I hear a popping sound every time the reverse is engaged. Anyone faced this issue too?

Repaint:
The rear right door had minor damage so the whole door had to be repainted which was done in April 2014. But now, the paint has started coming off from the door handle from its inner side. Should I demand for a free replacement handle/free repaint?

Thank you.
Hi,

For the tyres, I have shifted to Yokohama AVS DBs. These are very good for road noise and good in comfort. I have driven around 15K Kms on these with multiple trips to Himachals broken roads, No issues so far. But yes, I am careful on broken roads.

From my research, here are the top options that you have:
1) Bridgestone MY02.
2) Yokohama Earth one.
3) Continental CPC2.
4) Michelin Primacy LC.

I think most of these will be one size up than the stock (195/60 instead of 185/60).

For bluetooth: I apologize, mine is a older model and does not have the bluetooth module, so I would know much.

I have not faced any popping noise issue with the gearbox.

If the paint was done from the service center, I would assume that asking for a Repaint is justifiable as the paint shouldnt come off in 6 months.

Regards
Rachit
Old 16th November 2014, 12:03   #158
BHPian

@Mods: Please change the Title of thread to:
My BlueBerry! VW Vento TDi HighLine. EDIT: 3 Years, 50K Kms update on Pg11

So, as I reported in my earlier post that I had asked the service center guys to check for break pad life during my third service at 45 Kms, I dont know what they checked. But I had started feeling lack of braking. During this time only I heard about the Brembo OEM Replacement pads and after reading a couple of reviews on T-BHP, decided to go for them.
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_2267.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_2270.jpg

Since these pads had a Red Plate, I decided to get the complete Calliper Painted in Red. Thankfully it does not look that loud.
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_2272.jpg

I am not sure if the braking power has increased with them or not, but they definately have a stronger initial bite. There is light squealing noise from them some times especially when they are cold. Once they warm up the noise goes. Overall, very nice pads and I would definately reccomend them considering I got them home delivered for Rs. 1850.

The car completed 3 years on 23, Oct. We completed 50K Kms on around 21, Oct. Here are my thoughts:
1) Engine and Gearbox: Still work like they are supposed to. No Issues here except for probably a hard clutch. Rest everything is as smooth as it was.

2) Ride and Handling: Yoko AVS DBs have made a significant improvement here and the ride has improved. Also I feel with less tyre noise the car feels safer at 120 KMPH kind of speeds. Braking also feels good after the pad replacements.

3) Other Stuff: Mostly everything works as it is supposed to. No issues with the car till now (Touch Wood ).

The only problem is, some rattling/squealing noise from the Driver Door. This noise became more prominent after the Audio Install. Its a very strange kind of noise where it feels that glass of the window is loose. Also strangely it does not come over Gurgaon's broken roads, its only when you drive on broken roads for extended periods like in Himachal is when it becomes louder. Also when the car is cleaned it goes for a day or two. This is the only problem, Rest all is good.

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_2398.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_2402.jpg

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Old 16th November 2014, 14:06   #159
BHPian

Hey Rachit! Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate that. :thumbup: Is there any difference in the fuel economy figures with the new tyres?

Talking about the brakes, we are in the same boat. My dad too feels that the brakes have lost their bite. Brake pads were replaced @28000kms but the difference was not huge. Even I am recommending him Brembo pads. Hehe

And you got the ECU update for free or they charged you extra? How much? Is it really worth getting that update?
Old 16th November 2014, 22:22   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
So, as I reported in my earlier post that I had asked the service center guys to check for break pad life during my third service at 45 Kms, I dont know what they checked. But I had started feeling lack of braking. During this time only I heard about the Brembo OEM Replacement pads and after reading a couple of reviews on T-BHP, decided to go for them.

Since these pads had a Red Plate, I decided to get the complete Calliper Painted in Red. Thankfully it does not look that loud.

I am not sure if the braking power has increased with them or not, but they definately have a stronger initial bite. There is light squealing noise from them some times especially when they are cold. Once they warm up the noise goes. Overall, very nice pads and I would definately reccomend them considering I got them home delivered for Rs. 1850.
Hi Rachit,

Where did you purchase Brembo OEM replacement pads ? How are they compared with OEM pads from VW ? I see from their global website, they sell discs too.

Thanks,
Prabhu
Old 17th November 2014, 21:02   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 KMPH View Post
Hey Rachit! Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate that. :thumbup: Is there any difference in the fuel economy figures with the new tyres?

Talking about the brakes, we are in the same boat. My dad too feels that the brakes have lost their bite. Brake pads were replaced @28000kms but the difference was not huge. Even I am recommending him Brembo pads. Hehe

And you got the ECU update for free or they charged you extra? How much? Is it really worth getting that update?
Hi,

Not much of difference in the Fuel Economy. At the max probably around 1 km/L.

I am sorry, I am not sure which ECU upgrade you are referring to here? The service center upgrade? If yes, then it is free. If there is a new version of the ECU software, they will upgrade it for you too during the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu View Post
Hi Rachit,

Where did you purchase Brembo OEM replacement pads ? How are they compared with OEM pads from VW ? I see from their global website, they sell discs too.

Thanks,
Prabhu
I got an FB link for the guy, who sells this.
His name is Amit and is situated out of Goa. 09822126156.
The shipment takes around a week to arrive, otherwise a nice guy.
Now even Autopsyche in Gurgaon has them.

As compared to OEM, I feel the initial bite is stronger. Overall braking power is very close so its hard to comment on that part. Yes, I think they have OEM replacement Discs too.

Regards
Rachit.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 14:48   #162
BHPian

re: My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12

Hi Rachit,

Where did you got the break pad installed? Since VW authorized service center may not accept the parts supplied by customers.

manju
Old 27th November 2014, 21:10   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Hi Rachit,

Where did you got the break pad installed? Since VW authorized service center may not accept the parts supplied by customers.

manju
Hi Manju,

I got the pads installed with Autopsyche. Got them painted there only.
Old 27th November 2014, 21:14   #164
BHPian

So Finally, I think the solution to the famous Doors Sqeaking problems might have been found. The solution was posted by a gentleman Bhpian in this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...r-rattles.html

I have given it a shot and although I have not driven the car much after this fix, but it seems to work. The car seems to be quiter and the sqeaks seem to have gone, atleast for now.

Regards
Rachit.
Old 29th January 2015, 18:32   #165
BHPian

Hey Rachit! Thanks for your help. I finally got Michelin XM2s on my vento. My old Apollos had some 3000 kms life left in them though. Changed to Michelins at approx 47,000 kms.

Here is a pic:
Attached Thumbnails
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-1422536529320.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks