Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2012, 15:01   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: My BlueBerry! VW Vento TDi HighLine. EDIT: 2 Years Update & Audio Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post

I also upgraded to Osram Nightbreakers. My impression is that there is definately some improvement in headlight. The spread is the same its just that the intensity has slightly improved. Specialy in case of oncoming traffic I felt these bulbs held better. The bulbs costed me 1300. Anybody having any experience with these. I am not sure whether it is worth the dough. The reason I didnt go for 100/90 is that the shop guy told me they will need relays. I didnt want any wire cut. I was inclined on white light bulbs but he said white light is not very useful in Foggy conditions. Can Anyone verify this??
Hey Rachit congrats on the "Mile Crunching" ability of your Blueberry. I have posted it earlier and will say it again, the Day VW Launch Polo in this shade, I will Pick it up!!!

Rachit I have a Philips Extreme vision in 90/100 setup on my Getzy and trust me the throw is pretty impressive. The spread and the visibility in city and not so well lit streets is almost as good as a HID.

But Yes, out on highways I find it a bit hard. This is coz these White Beams don't seem to match those powerful yellow lights of the oncoming trucks. Also, I remember having a tricky situation navigating a cold foggy morning enroute Mysore with these White Lights. Since my Fog Lights are still Yellow and an upgrade from OEM, I was able to manage the same by tracking the shoulders of the road.
But I do not often hit the highways and when I do, there is generally no "Foggy Situations" to play with.

The Osram Night breakers have had a good review and seem to match the needs of the ones who frequent the higways too often. I think you are good to go with Osram NB for now.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 20th January 2012 at 15:04.
Old 20th January 2012, 15:14   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Guess I am late to the party, eh! Congrats Rachit on your new car. The blue shade looks awesome, I just wish it was a little less dark and it would have been just perfect.

7000 kms in 3 months is decent running for a oil burner. Wish you plenty of more happy miles on your Vento.

BTW, are you coming to the meat this evening? Would like to see your baby in person.
Hi Ace F355:

Thank you very much man.
Yes I would be coming and since it is my first meet after I got this car I would be bringing it too. Otherwise I sometimes prefer my bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey Rachit congrats on the "Mile Crunching" ability of your Blueberry. I have posted it earlier and will say it again, the Day VW Launch Polo in this shade, I will Pick it up!!!

Rachit I have a Philips Extreme vision in 90/100 setup on my Getzy and trust me the throw is pretty impressive. The spread and the visibility in city and not so well lit streets is almost as good as a HID.

But Yes, out on highways I find it a bit hard. This is coz these White Beams don't seem to match those powerful yellow lights of the oncoming trucks. Also, I remember having a tricky situation navigating a cold foggy morning enroute Mysore with these White Lights. Since my Fog Lights are still Yellow and an upgrade from OEM, I was able to manage the same by tracking the shoulders of the road.
But I do not often hit the highways and when I do, there is generally no "Foggy Situations" to play with.

The Osram Night breakers have had a good review and seem to match the needs of the ones who frequent the higways too often. I think you are good to go with Osram NB for now.

Thanks Vik0728. I guess I should be ok for now as for the headlights. If I still feel the need to upgrade I might upgrade to 90/100s as I dont think I will bother on wire cuts since I am planning to get my amplifier installed in the car. Thanks for your wishes mate..
Old 14th March 2012, 18:48   #78
BHPian

Re: My BlueBerry!! Vento TDi HighLine... 9K Kms (General Checkup) update!!

@Mod: Please change the title of the thread to:
My BlueBerry!! Vento TDi HighLine... 9K Kms (General Checkup) update (Pg 6)!!

When I had taken the delivery of the car from Chd the dealer had told me to get a General Checkup done at 7500Kms. I guess this is not told by many dealerships since the first service is at 15000Kms. So I thought that the Chd dealer might have some fixed set of activities that they do while this general checkup. Also I wanted to checkout the Chd service center also as I had already seen the gurgaon one earlier. I had a trip planned for Chd so i decided to give the car for this general checkup. The car had done 8300Kms.

The chandigarh service center was bigger and had more cars and people employed which was a surprise. Plus it was better equiped also as they had Headlight Beam adjusment, Nitrogen Filling Pump and other stuff like this also which gurgaon service center didnt have. The overall experience was very good although they did manage to scratch all 4 of my Alloys while balancing etc. But apart from this the guys were responsive and there car cleaning job was really good. They even sprayed polish in the engine bay as they dont wash it.

Activities done:
1) Engine Oil Top up. I asked the guy told me around 1/5 litre went in.
2) Alignment & Wheel balancing.
3) Washing.
4) Air Filter Cleaning.
5) AC Filter Cleaning.
6) I asked them to adjust doors also as there were some irregular noises from them. It was not a good idea as these noises have increased.

The service guy who balanced my wheels tols me 2 wheels required more than 100 Gms of wieght and that means they are bent and he fixed them in the rear and in the front he fitted the 2 fine ones. When I heard the words Alloys Bent I was shocked. I am very carefull with this car. To be honest I am rather scared of anything breaking with this car and hence I am very careful on the road so hearing these words actually dissapointed me. I agree that gurgaon roads are bad but considering the way this car is driven till now, the alloys shouldnt have bent. Anyways if the alloy requires more than 100gms weight to balance does that mean that alloy is bent. I have not heard this for. Anybody has any ideas??

I was expecting around 3K - 4K rupees as I was told that wheel balancing and alignment only can cost upto 1500 Rs in gurgaon service center.

When I asked for the estimate the advisor said 1500 Rs. I was shocked. Still apprehensive that they will finally stretch it too around 2500. But the final bill was 1502. Overall a very satisfactory experience.

I dont know if any vento owners have faced this but there is a very irritating noise from the dashboard near the middle AC vents towards Co Driver has started coming. Its a light Tak Tak kind of sound. I dont know what it is. Even anybody has any knowledge kindly share it.

Overall very happy with the car. So far apart from some odd irregular noises here and there, there have been no issues with the car (Touch Wood).

I am attaching the Bill:
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-new-image2.jpg

Last edited by Rachit.K.Dogra : 14th March 2012 at 18:54.
Old 15th March 2012, 19:21   #79
BHPian

congrats Rachit on your beauty! i have booked the same color/trim from the same dealer! waiting for the same. DId you manage to get any extra discount apart from the corporate discount? any freebies? did you buy the extended warranty and how did you buy your insurance. The VW insurance quote seems too high
Old 16th March 2012, 10:55   #80

Nice update Rachit. Even mine has clocked 9300 and since day of delivery, have visited the workshop twice. First was to get rid of door noise and a bit rattling which was promptly taken care of. Additionally they did a free checkup and free engine oil and coolant top-up. Paid a visit again a month back for some whistling noise emanating from the rear. This has been constant right from the start of winters. Was told that this is from the fuel pump. Wonder whether the sound is in other ventos. Do you face the same ?The SA replicated this in other diesel models as well, a new Vento tdi and a polo. Though the sound was low in the vento but prominent in the polo. I will have a second opinion on this from another workshop in Moti Nagar. This followed by a free general checkup and a nice wash.

As for the noise from the dashboard, even I am facing this. Will get it checked in the next visit.
Old 9th April 2012, 00:17   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
congrats Rachit on your beauty! i have booked the same color/trim from the same dealer! waiting for the same. DId you manage to get any extra discount apart from the corporate discount? any freebies? did you buy the extended warranty and how did you buy your insurance. The VW insurance quote seems too high
Oh wow!! Congrats!!
No further discounts. Managed to get Mud Flaps and Mats free but that too after lot of pestering and using my friend's contact. I transferred my earlier car's 50% No Claim Bonus to this one hence managed to save some money there. Keep us all updated on the homecoming of your Vento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABerry View Post
Nice update Rachit. Even mine has clocked 9300 and since day of delivery, have visited the workshop twice. First was to get rid of door noise and a bit rattling which was promptly taken care of. Additionally they did a free checkup and free engine oil and coolant top-up. Paid a visit again a month back for some whistling noise emanating from the rear. This has been constant right from the start of winters. Was told that this is from the fuel pump. Wonder whether the sound is in other ventos. Do you face the same ?The SA replicated this in other diesel models as well, a new Vento tdi and a polo. Though the sound was low in the vento but prominent in the polo. I will have a second opinion on this from another workshop in Moti Nagar. This followed by a free general checkup and a nice wash.

As for the noise from the dashboard, even I am facing this. Will get it checked in the next visit.
Hi ABerry. I have not heard any whistling noise yet from my car's rear. But will keep a watchout on that. The dashboard squeaking noise in my car has become unbearable now. I am going to that Service Center tomorrow to get it checked. Also all the doors in my car have started making noises despite of the fact that I have been very careful with her. Tomorrow I am devoting my full day to this. Will keep you posted on any solution to these noise problems.

Also I got a very special gift for her from The United States of A.
Chemical Guys: Black Light (All in one)
Chemical Guys: V07 (Paint sealant)

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_1331.jpg

Will be using these tomorrow. Will post the results and feedback.
REally excited for there results. Lets hope they work.
Old 22nd April 2012, 12:54   #82
BHPian

Update:
Rcently did a 1600Km trip to home in Himachal plus Mansar in J&K. Overall as usual very happy. Only down is the noises from door on bad roads. Rest everything is fine. Mileage is consistently 19.5 on highways with AC.

Some Photos:
These are results after I applied Chemical Guys Black Light and 1 layer of Polish!!
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_1333.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_1332.jpg

These are the Photos from the Trip:
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0845.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0846.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0847.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0848.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0849.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0886.jpg

Some other Nature photos:
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0856.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0872.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0913.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0950.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_1341.jpg
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0833.jpg
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 13:16   #83
Senior - BHPian

Great pics Rachit. Love the way people here are taking care of their beauties. Keep it up!
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 01:25   #84
BHPian

Quote:
A small update.

The car has done 7000 Kms now. Its not even 3 months.
Fuel Consumption:
Highway: 19.5
City: 15

I also upgraded to Osram Nightbreakers. My impression is that there is definately some improvement in headlight. The spread is the same its just that the intensity has slightly improved. Specialy in case of oncoming traffic I felt these bulbs held better. The bulbs costed me 1300. Anybody having any experience with these. I am not sure whether it is worth the dough. The reason I didnt go for 100/90 is that the shop guy told me they will need relays. I didnt want any wire cut. I was inclined on white light bulbs but he said white light is not very useful in Foggy conditions. Can Anyone verify this??

Also I got the first spot on paint. I was on the highway overtaking a truck when a stone fell from it and struck my Co Driver side door. There is no dent or scratch but small holes and the paint has gone.

Also I could see two small very light scratches on the back of the car. I dont know how they appeared.

Overall the car is still going strong. I can easily say that to exploit the full performance of this car it will still take me sometime. I cant press the A pedal full for more than 2 seconds even on highways. This baby flies and I am not very confident on our highways. So I still kep it around 100.
Hey Rachit! Great thread - and glad to see you enjoying your experience!

I too am looking for upgrade of the headlights - I will also be upgrading the fogs and parking light - confused if the Osram 60/55 are worth it or I should go for 100/90 which are cheaper and brighter - relays don't need wire cutting but addition of wire (plug and play)! Also can you suggest any good place to get this done in Delhi/Gurgaon?

Will Autozone in Ambience be any good?

Thanks, wishing you many happy miles on your BlueBerry!
Old 28th May 2012, 11:17   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Hey Rachit! Great thread - and glad to see you enjoying your experience!

I too am looking for upgrade of the headlights - I will also be upgrading the fogs and parking light - confused if the Osram 60/55 are worth it or I should go for 100/90 which are cheaper and brighter - relays don't need wire cutting but addition of wire (plug and play)! Also can you suggest any good place to get this done in Delhi/Gurgaon?

Will Autozone in Ambience be any good?

Thanks, wishing you many happy miles on your BlueBerry!
Hi madnish!!

Thank you for your wishes!!
If I maybe honest, I didnt find much of a difference with Osram Nightbreakers!! And considering that you can get a reliable 100/90 setup at half the price than the nightbreakers, I would suggest 100/90. I am not aware as such of any decent shop as I have not used any. Autozone in Ambience should be good. I guess it should be your safest bet.

And do let me updated because I might also go 100/90 way if your feedback is good!!

CHEERS!!
Old 28th May 2012, 11:34   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Update:
Rcently did a 1600Km trip to home in Himachal plus Mansar in J&K. Overall as usual very happy. Only down is the noises from door on bad roads. Rest everything is fine. Mileage is consistently 19.5 on highways with AC.

Some Photos:
Nice photos, Rachit. Beautiful locales! And you seem to have maintained your stead very well!
Old 28th May 2012, 23:20   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Nice photos, Rachit. Beautiful locales! And you seem to have maintained your stead very well!
Thanks nileshch!! Well I am trying to learn and keep up with the Vento tribe on T-BHP. I guess Vento tribe is surely one of the best and most happening tribes on T-BHP. Plus I have guys like you to look upto in terms of maintaining there cars. Really feel happy to be a part of this tribe..

Thanks
Rachit!!
Old 31st May 2012, 17:36   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Hi madnish!!

If I maybe honest, I didnt find much of a difference with Osram Nightbreakers!! And considering that you can get a reliable 100/90 setup at half the price than the nightbreakers, I would suggest 100/90. I am not aware as such of any decent shop as I have not used any. Autozone in Ambience should be good. I guess it should be your safest bet.

And do let me updated because I might also go 100/90 way if your feedback is good!!

CHEERS!!
I think I will soon visit Autozone or a local accessory guy near by - and get quotes for both 100/90 branded lights with branded relays as well as a HID kit (55W) - Milkan has installed HID bulbs with ballasts and no projectors - it has not fried his reflectors - but costs 8,000 what are your thoughts - which shall be better?
Old 31st May 2012, 18:01   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Hi madnish!!

If I maybe honest, I didnt find much of a difference with Osram Nightbreakers!! And considering that you can get a reliable 100/90 setup at half the price than the nightbreakers, I would suggest 100/90.
CHEERS!!
+1

I had upgraded to Osram Nightbreakers 60/55W from the stock lighting on my Fluidic Verna. Got the bulbs for Rs. 1079 in Hyd. After using them for 2 days, was pretty pissed off with the white light and low visibility in rains. I went back to the Accessories guy, bought a Hella Rally 100/90W bulbs for 200 each and Hella wiring harness for around Rs. 1600. The harness needs to be plugged to the existing wiring hence no cutting of wires is required. The harness also comes with 2 relays and ceramic bulb holders hence there is no chance of any damage.

This is the pretty good setup that you can try.
Old 31st May 2012, 18:21   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
+1

I had upgraded to Osram Nightbreakers 60/55W from the stock lighting on my Fluidic Verna. Got the bulbs for Rs. 1079 in Hyd. After using them for 2 days, was pretty pissed off with the white light and low visibility in rains. I went back to the Accessories guy, bought a Hella Rally 100/90W bulbs for 200 each and Hella wiring harness for around Rs. 1600. The harness needs to be plugged to the existing wiring hence no cutting of wires is required. The harness also comes with 2 relays and ceramic bulb holders hence there is no chance of any damage.

This is the pretty good setup that you can try.
Ah, would you prefer your setup OR HID (no projector - so scattered light not focused @ Rs. 8,000)? Also that's some expensive harness (what's a harness with respect to headlamps?) in layman's terms - can I put it like this that we need to add additional wires between car's wiring and the assembly as well as new holders so that the current holder and car's wiring stay unaffected from the heat? Anything I'm missing? Is relay the wiring?

Most Viewed