Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2012, 22:12   #106
BHPian

re: My BlueBerry! VW Vento TDi HighLine. EDIT: 2 Years Update & Audio Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Somebody please help me identifying where they charged me 3K extra??
The price of Fuel filter (@MRP-981) and air filter (@MRP-310) seem to have gone up. Not aware of the pollen filter.

The wheel alignment and balancing including the weights have amounted to INR 1350
Old 30th July 2012, 13:02   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Just after the service took the car straight for some polishing. Here is a pic of the bill and some after Polish pics.
Your car is shinning like a diamond and makes me think of picking up the Blue color
Whats the polish you do ?
YOu get it done out ?
Old 30th July 2012, 14:32   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
The price of Fuel filter (@MRP-981) and air filter (@MRP-310) seem to have gone up. Not aware of the pollen filter.

The wheel alignment and balancing including the weights have amounted to INR 1350
Even I am realizing that getting alignment and balancing from these guys is actually getting really heavy on the pocket plus they are not doing any exceptional job with that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
Your car is shinning like a diamond and makes me think of picking up the Blue color
Whats the polish you do ?
YOu get it done out ?
Thanks Ram.

This time I actually got it done from outside. The guy used Formula 1 polish but surprisingly it was not in a box as I have with me. He had a bottle with a liquid. It read Formula1 carnuba wax. I have asked him to bring Colinite (Which is supposed to be the best polish). I have got a couple of things from US also but didnt use them this time. In my home I have a normal Formula 1 wax which I use most of the time. I have chemical guys 'Black Light' also. This thing is wonderful.

If you are going for Vento,Shadow Blue will be my choice. But mind you this colour will demand some more maintenance.

Thanks and waiting for your decision on the car..

CHEERS..
Old 30th July 2012, 15:48   #109

Thats a spanking clean metal now Rachit. I got mine done last month and it costed me INR 10500. There is slight variation in the pricing of spares, but its not drastic. I got the windscreen cleaner for free (monsoon checkup was offering free of cost). So got it adjusted.
Did the service guys offered you other services like, Interior cleaning, A.C service etc.?
Old 30th July 2012, 16:01   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABerry View Post
Thats a spanking clean metal now Rachit. I got mine done last month and it costed me INR 10500. There is slight variation in the pricing of spares, but its not drastic. I got the windscreen cleaner for free (monsoon checkup was offering free of cost). So got it adjusted.
Did the service guys offered you other services like, Interior cleaning, A.C service etc.?

Thank you so much Aberry. No they didnt offer me any other service like Interior cleaning and AC service. Did they offer these to you? Chargeable?
Old 30th July 2012, 16:41   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Rachit, awesome pics! totally loved them. Your blueberry looks delicious! Do you detail your car ? This is one color i absolutely adore Vento in!

I find the windscreen washer fluid along with alignment balancing charges way to high. You can get alignment/balancing done at reputed tyre shops outside for half the price you pay at service center. This along with windscreen washer can reduce your bill by a couple of grands for sure. Just a thought
Old 30th July 2012, 21:21   #112

Oh yes, all these were chargeable and would have set me back by INR 1500 each. I do detailing and interior cleaning myself every two weeks. And yes, better to have alignment & balancing done from outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra

Thank you so much Aberry. No they didnt offer me any other service like Interior cleaning and AC service. Did they offer these to you? Chargeable?
Completely agree with you on this. I learnt this the hard way. They spoilt the alignment, though it was much better before service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki
Rachit, awesome pics! totally loved them. Your blueberry looks delicious! Do you detail your car ? This is one color i absolutely adore Vento in!

I find the windscreen washer fluid along with alignment balancing charges way to high. You can get alignment/balancing done at reputed tyre shops outside for half the price you pay at service center. This along with windscreen washer can reduce your bill by a couple of grands for sure. Just a thought
Old 31st July 2012, 16:56   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

Thank you sagarpadaki. Well I only polish the car around twice a month. I think bumping the contrast slightly in the photo also makes it look a lot shinier.

The reason I have been getting the alignment and balancing done from these fellows is I was trying to shy away from entering into the market to find a good shop. I guess now I will have to do it. For the windscreen washer you are spot on. Its expensive and the windscreen washer tank of Vento is not that big hence this fluid does not even last a week if you use it generously. My Indica's washer fluid tank was atleast 3 times bigger and would last atleast 3-4 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABerry View Post
Oh yes, all these were chargeable and would have set me back by INR 1500 each. I do detailing and interior cleaning myself every two weeks. And yes, better to have alignment & balancing done from outside.

Completely agree with you on this. I learnt this the hard way. They spoilt the alignment, though it was much better before service.
Can you please suggest somebody good outside for balancing and alignment in Gurgaon.

CHEERS
Old 18th August 2012, 15:37   #114
BHPian

Last week I had gone to Naahan (HP) to attend a wedding. Overall I think it was around 800 Kms total. The car had just come of from its first service.

Here are some impressions:
1) Overall fuel effficiency for the trip around 17. No major improvements here as of now.
2) The car was slightly more eager as earlier. I am attributing this to the servicing.
3) The roads were good hence it was really fun to drive on the highways.

Some Pictures:
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_1382.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_1383.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_1384.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_1415.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_1509.jpg
This one is clicked by Anshuman. The quality of the photo shows..
Thanks Anshuman
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 22:05   #115
BHPian

Some pics from today's polishing session plus some new T-BHP sticker additions..

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0136.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0137.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0138.jpg
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 22:17   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice pics Rachit, this color is just Awesome, i am sure VW India must be denying access to this color to Skoda India.

You are lucky to be driving your Vento hills frequently, Vento with that peppy engine and well sorted dynamics must be good fun around the twisties.
Old 3rd October 2012, 14:27   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Nice pics Rachit, this color is just Awesome, i am sure VW India must be denying access to this color to Skoda India.

You are lucky to be driving your Vento hills frequently, Vento with that peppy engine and well sorted dynamics must be good fun around the twisties.

Thanks Anshuman. Yeah I think none of the Skodas have this colour.

Yes, its really fun to drive this car on hills. Its only the bad roads that sometimes play the spoil sport.
Old 29th October 2012, 13:21   #118
BHPian

@Mods: Please change the name of the thread to "My BlueBerry!! Vento TDi Highline. One year update on Pg 8.."

So on 23rd of October Blueberry turned 1. I have covered around 18500 Kms in the first year.

Here are my observations:
1) Engine: This engine still impresses me with its drivability, performance and efficiency. I happen to visit Himachal a lot and on the hills the torque of this engine comes into its own. On the highways too if the roads are smooth maintaining 120 is very easy and the car stays relaxed.
2) Handling: On the turns the car stays flat. On the highways at high speeds the car is stable and you can maintain decently high speeds. On sudden elevation changes on speeds the front does jump a bit but nothing scary.
3) Ride: Ride is Ok. I happened to drive my brother's fiesta shod with Yoko A drives and somehow felt the rough road masking capability of that tyre was phenomenal as compared to JK tyre on my car. From that point onwards I have started cursing the JK. But other than that the Ride is ok and backseat feedback has always been positive.
4) Interiors: With some maintaining, the interiors are still in top shape after one year. Everything thankfully works like it should and from interiors there has been no rattling. Some occasional squeaks though do arise sometimes but other than that solid stuff.
5) Brakes: Brakes are sharp and nice. Although recently only sometimes I have felt steering movement under braking on speeds but only sometimes. Otherwise the car stays flat and straight. I have not tested the brakes to their max as I generally dont drive very fast, but for my speeds they have been excellent.
6) Music System: I had earlier thought of plonking my 4 channel amp in the car, but I think now I am used to and satisfied with the stock sound.
7) Fuel Efficiency: I have received regular 19-20 Kmpl on highways and around 14-16 Kmpl in city. I drive all the time with AC and dont like to open windows because of dust. I think efficiency is satisfactory.
8) Paint Shine: The paint really shines well after polishing.

Dislikes:
1) Tyres: Earlier I didn't feel but after driving a fiesta shod with Yoko A drives I have started hating JKs on my car. But I would still wait for them to wear out.
2) Suspension noise: I drive this car very carefully. I am too scared of repair bills and hence I have been very cautious with bumps and rough roads, but still if you do encounter a pot hole which gurgaon is full of the suspension make a loud thud.
3) Noises from doors: Noises from doors from my car have just gone to a different level. I am really not liking it. There is no rattling I think, earlier it used to be that rubber beading squeaking but now I can feel the noise coming from door locks also. Even with my such conscious driving if they make so many noises I am not sure what to do. I am planning to visit the service center for them soon.
4) Some features like Auto Dimming rear view mirror and electronically foldable RVMS are missing. Rest I am fine with everything.
5) Paint requires maintaining. I think the paint is really soft for Indian conditions. I see a lot of spots where the paint has chipped because of stone hits on highways. Plus this colour is just a swirl mark magnet. I really spend a lot of time and effort and money on getting this car polished regularly so that finish of the paint remains intact.

Here are some pictures from my recent trip to Himachal again

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0052.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0055.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0059.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0058.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0062.jpg
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2012, 22:39   #119
BHPian

So I have got 2 new things for the car:
1) Because of a lot of noises from doors and few recommendations I got the WD40 Oil in spray form for the door locks.
2) I have read awesome reviews of the Collinite 845 wax polish, hence I got a bottle of that too.

So Today early morning, I got down to work. After 2 layers of polish, 3.5 hours of hard work and hopefully a couple of hundred calories going into flames later here are the results:
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0441.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0438.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0436.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0434.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0432.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0433.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0431.jpg

Here are my early observations:
1) Collinite works. It does produce higher shine than a normal wax. The 845 was pretty easy and quick to apply too. How long it lasts that I will have to see. Will keep you guys posted on that.
2) WD40 did reduce some of noises. Will have to use it regularly.

Last edited by Rachit.K.Dogra : 4th November 2012 at 22:40.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 19:36   #120
BHPian

Awesome looking job sir! Very nice.

About wd40, apply in the door frame (where you have velvet finish door lining.

Also, the door noise reduces significantly when the doors are aligned. The lock on the doors can be easily aligned at the device center. Let me know if you need more info.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks