Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2011, 11:43   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My BlueBerry! VW Vento TDi HighLine. EDIT: 2 Years Update & Audio Upgrade

Hearty congratulations, Rachit. Looks like Diwali is on in full splendor at your home even after it is long over!

That Shadow Blue shade is simply stunning. It makes the Vento stand out among the rest. As regards the music system, is it the 510 one? I have been hearing a lot of good stuff about it. Seems like it is one of the best OEM units in the market right now, in terms of sound quality.
Old 1st November 2011, 12:56   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on this great buy. Vento looks awesome in Blue.
Wishing you happy and safe driving!

Cheers!
Old 1st November 2011, 13:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Congrats Rachit.
You are owning one of the best cars in this segment. Enjoy the ride

Did VW guys tell you this?
It's because I've upgraded both alloys and tyres from outside on day2 of my car. And it has completed its first service. There were no fuss about the warranty. Rather the Service guys were admiring the alloys more than the car
Thank you very much Mikon for your wishes.

They didnt tell me as I didnt ask, but I guess some people have heard this from Volkswagen guys. My brother had a Fiesta and he got After Market alloys. After some time he had some alignment issues. During his service Ford actually said they will look into the problem but they dont guarentee any solution. Considering Volkswagen's fussiness on warranty I assumed they would also cry.

Warranty issue happens when you actually get some parts replaced under warranty. They would not cry during servicing.

But I might be wrong also on this.

CHEERS!!
Old 1st November 2011, 13:53   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey hearty congratulations on the Vento. IMO its the perfect compact car if there is one. No other car has such a well blended boot, which actually makes the car look a lot BETTER than its hatchback sibling. This is the best colour as well.

The Vento with its dynamics & weight, and the VW 1.6 TDi is really a menacing combination. The power to weight ratio & torque that the TDi throws puts the Vento way ahead off the block in the segment. I think the number is better than that of the 1.9 TDi Laura due to the lighter body.

Wishing you unlimited safe & happy miles with the BlueBerry. Do keep updates coming regularly along with pictures.
Old 1st November 2011, 14:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Hearty congratulations, Rachit. Looks like Diwali is on in full splendor at your home even after it is long over!

That Shadow Blue shade is simply stunning. It makes the Vento stand out among the rest. As regards the music system, is it the 510 one? I have been hearing a lot of good stuff about it. Seems like it is one of the best OEM units in the market right now, in terms of sound quality.
Thank You RavenAvi so much. Yup!! This year the Diwali will continue to be longer than usual. It is the RCD310. It is straight out of Old Jetta. In terms of Sound I earlier thought that OEM system in my dad's fiesta was one of the best among sub 10 lakh rupee cars, but this one is even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Congrats on this great buy. Vento looks awesome in Blue.

Cheers!
Thank you very much volkman..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hey hearty congratulations on the Vento. IMO its the perfect compact car if there is one. No other car has such a well blended boot, which actually makes the car look a lot BETTER than its hatchback sibling. This is the best colour as well.

The Vento with its dynamics & weight, and the VW 1.6 TDi is really a menacing combination. The power to weight ratio & torque that the TDi throws puts the Vento way ahead off the block in the segment. I think the number is better than that of the 1.9 TDi Laura due to the lighter body.

Wishing you unlimited safe & happy miles with the BlueBerry. Do keep updates coming regularly along with pictures.
Thank you Reinhard. The engine performance is very impressive. All my friends who test drove came out smiling.
In terms of handling nothing to complain either. I dont think I will drive that fast to bring out any dicrepancy in handling that might be.

Will try post regular updates..

CHEERS!!
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 20:20   #21
BHPian

Hearty congratulations. Blue Vento just looks awesome and an absolutely drool. I also liked your honest review. And you had a big gathering during the time of the delivery. Must have been a cherished moment.

Wish you many more happy miles with the car. Keep us posted on your drive impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post

2) Hand sweating: Surprisingly I am experiencing excessive hand sweating while holding this steering wheel. Did not face this even in my 200 Rs steering cover in my Indica. I am not very sure of the reason and cure.
May be due to the jitters of the new car to drive it carefully.
Old 1st November 2011, 20:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Congratulations Rachit for the brand new VW Vento TDi.

Take good care of her and do keep the thread updated.

Thank you very much Bluevolt. Will try to give her my best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Hearty congratulations Rachit. Your car looks excellent and can understand your feelings. I also clocked 1000 kms last night and the car has become butter smooth. I am quite surprised on the sweat part while holding the steering wheel. Is it very hot there in Gurgaon? I have driven in Bangalore and chennai and never felt this.
Thanks prabhuferrari. Even I think that the gearshift has smoothened slightly. Actually its not very hot these days here. I even faced this problem in Himachal. I guess this is because of ultra smooth finish of Leather wrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Hearty congratulations. Blue Vento just looks awesome and an absolutely drool. I also liked your honest review. And you had a big gathering during the time of the delivery. Must have been a cherished moment.

Wish you many more happy miles with the car. Keep us posted on your drive impressions.

May be due to the jitters of the new car to drive it carefully.
Thanks flyingkolors. Actually I have my best friends in Chandigarh and we all become part of each other's celebrations. I think we had a similar number of gathering when we took delivery of our Indica some 7 years ago. This time also everybody came and it was very nice to share that day with them.

I did actually have some jitters when I took the car out of showroom..
Old 1st November 2011, 22:37   #23
BHPian

Congrats for the Vento. Somehow, I have only come across the likes of White & silver Ventos, Blue does scores high on individuality.
Seems like the whole clan is celebrating the arrival of your Blueberry in those snaps.
Old 2nd November 2011, 06:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

congrats my man Rachit - that's a beauty

and who goes to service center for car alignment? LOL
Old 2nd November 2011, 07:06   #25
BHPian

Congrats Rachit! What a lovely colour! Your car looks stunning indeed.
When I inquired about this colour, I was told it has been discontinued. I knew the sales guy was bluffing! Such a lovely colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Breeze is only for the petrol variant and that too lower trim. There's no Breeze TDI variant.
Breeze is for both Trendline Petrol and Trendline Diesel.
Welcome to Volkswagen India

Last edited by driveanddrive : 2nd November 2011 at 07:08.
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:47   #26
BHPian

Congratulations, Rachit! If you ask me, blue is the best colour on the Vento

Looking forward to some nice pictures in gorgeous locales, given that you are going to travel to Himachal pretty often!
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:59   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats for the Vento. Somehow, I have only come across the likes of White & silver Ventos, Blue does scores high on individuality.
Seems like the whole clan is celebrating the arrival of your Blueberry in those snaps.
Thanks Utopian. What is surprising is that most on T-BHP are of the opinion that this is one of the better colours in Vento still its sold the least and produced also the least. I agree that this colour would require more maintenance but I have seen more black ventos than blue. Not sure why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
congrats my man Rachit - that's a beauty

and who goes to service center for car alignment? LOL
Thanks phamilyman!! Well I guess I learnt my lesson now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
Congrats Rachit! What a lovely colour! Your car looks stunning indeed.
When I inquired about this colour, I was told it has been discontinued. I knew the sales guy was bluffing! Such a lovely colour.

Breeze is for both Trendline Petrol and Trendline Diesel.
Welcome to Volkswagen India
Thanks driveanddrive.. Well even I have heard similar thing from one of sales rep in Volkswagen Gurgaon. He was not sure though but he said that this colour might get discontinued and there is already news that Polo's dark grey and Jetta's brown are going to come in Vento also, probably from next year..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Congratulations, Rachit! If you ask me, blue is the best colour on the Vento

Looking forward to some nice pictures in gorgeous locales, given that you are going to travel to Himachal pretty often!

Thank you nileshch very much. I would try my best to click some good photos of the car in Himachal.

I must also thank you for the fact that your thread was also one of the threads which helped me pass time during the waiting period and I learnt some nice tips too...
Old 2nd November 2011, 11:21   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

So the blue Vento clan is growing! Glad to see this - this color deserves more numbers on the road. And if the blue color is discontinued, that's going to be a stupid decision by VW (probably a financial decision).

One word of advice - get on to ebay & order the Jopasu duster asap. It's a godsend gift for this color
Old 2nd November 2011, 17:51   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the best C segment diesel sedan there is! It's got the best engine there is, and no real deal breaker otherwise (unlike all competitors).

That metallic blue looks absolutely stunning on your car. I've always wondered (and posted) on why manufacturers refrain from offering the interesting metallic blues, greens, maroons etc. in the Indian market. Great to see a colour that's different from the regular grade.

Drive safe. Your family & friends look as excited as you are...the pictures remind me of some airport welcomes I've had
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2011, 17:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on buying the segment-best diesel sedan in the lovely blue color! Is that RCD310 HU now standard on the highline? I thought the Vento had the same unit as the Polo! And does it have USB/Aux/iPod connectivity too?
I think I missed the news of this new Vento with feature upgrades. What other additional features?

Last edited by theragingbull : 2nd November 2011 at 18:02.

Most Viewed