Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2011, 00:19   #46
BHPian

re: My BlueBerry! VW Vento TDi HighLine. EDIT: 2 Years Update & Audio Upgrade

A Small Update:
The car has done 2700 Kms in 25 days. This includes 2 trips to himachal. To be honest out of this 2700 Kms only around 400 Kms are done in city.

Few Observations.
1) The gears have definitely gone a lot smoother.
2) I am not sure about clutch getting lighter, But I am used to it now. I would admit though handling this car in Bumper to Bumper traffic is slightly tricky, because of so much torque present at Low RPM even if you are not accelerating and just releasing the clutch in 2 gear the car jumps sometime.
3) I was never bothered of engine noise as I prefer some engine noise. I feel connected to the car by hearing the engine noise and if engine sounds smoother I feel I am driving OK. I guess probably this is because I am not used to driving silent cars.
4) I am not sure but sometimes I have felt the responsiveness of the car also has improved.
5) Both the highway trips saw a mileage of around 19 Kmpl.
6) On the Tyre Noise front, my car ha the JK Tyres. TO be honest I have not had issues with them till now. I didnt find tyre noise also, but that might also be because I have not driven or felt better tyres.
7) The torque is just addictive. To be honest I am really finding it hard to exercise control on my right foot as I dont want to be harsh with my baby but somehow I have managed to maintain the control till now. Lets see till when.

8) The 3M sunfilms. Initial impression is good. I guess they are effective. But I would take some more time to make any comment as to be honest the car has not seen much of sunlight(Office basement parking).

Today when I opened the rear window and closed it back, the left rear window made a very loud and bad screeching noise while coming down. After the films I guess I opened the rear window today and heard this noise. I am not sure what can be the reason? Can anyone suggest any thing or I will have to take it to Service Station..
Old 20th November 2011, 00:38   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post

Today when I opened the rear window and closed it back, the left rear window made a very loud and bad screeching noise while coming down. After the films I guess I opened the rear window today and heard this noise. I am not sure what can be the reason? Can anyone suggest any thing or I will have to take it to Service Station..
Don't worry ; it is just friction due to dryness.Keep operating the windows at least,say,once a week and they will be fine.

Don't even mention this to the service center guys ; they'll find some expensive solution.

Also,blue looks stunning when the car is clean ; but it takes a lot of effort to keep the car clean

Last edited by vigsom : 20th November 2011 at 00:54. Reason: addition
Old 21st November 2011, 19:41   #48
BHPian

Quote:
6) On the Tyre Noise front, my car ha the JK Tyres. TO be honest I have not had issues with them till now. I didnt find tyre noise also, but that might also be because I have not driven or felt better tyres.
Nice! Given that you did not hear tyre noise, it can be assumed that the JKs are less noisy than the Apollos. If you sit in a Vento with the Apollos, you will instantly know what tire noise is! I had Bridgestones in my previous car and they were so quiet that I never bothered learning about tire noise. But the Apollos remind me even on tar roads!
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:02   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Don't worry ; it is just friction due to dryness.Keep operating the windows at least,say,once a week and they will be fine.

Don't even mention this to the service center guys ; they'll find some expensive solution.

Also,blue looks stunning when the car is clean ; but it takes a lot of effort to keep the car clean
Hi vigsom. Thanks for the wishes and advice. Luckily the next day the noise stopped coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Nice! Given that you did not hear tyre noise, it can be assumed that the JKs are less noisy than the Apollos. If you sit in a Vento with the Apollos, you will instantly know what tire noise is! I had Bridgestones in my previous car and they were so quiet that I never bothered learning about tire noise. But the Apollos remind me even on tar roads!
Hi nileshch. I guess yes the JK tyres are decently silent. They are comparable to the good years and brigdestones that I experienced in my Indica.

One more observation is that. although there is no rattling from more doors but these is this squeaking noise from the door beading. Did somebody experience that too? I think sauravc is getting his car's beading replaced under warranty. I might be having the same issue. I am not sure. Earlier I thought it may go but its still there. It might be because of winters too. I am planning to pay the service center a visit and ask atleast if it is normal?

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0895.jpg

So I have this habbit of filling the car to the brim. Even after the Diesel filler stops I make the attendant press the Air Lock button and fill to the brim. Atleast 6-8 liters more fuel goes inside. On the highway I have observed that the car goes around 300 Kms before the first dash dissapears from fuel meter. This time it was all city driving with full AC. The car did 255 Kms before the first dash dissapeared. I am hoping for a decent mileage in city. Lets See..

Last edited by Rachit.K.Dogra : 22nd November 2011 at 11:03.
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:26   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I do get a squeaking noise but when I'm driving, and inside the car. Is the experience same with you?
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:36   #51
BHPian

did i read correctly that registration was just Rs. 28,000/-? here in bangalore registration for cars in that range has crossed Rs. 1 lac. The difference is crazy.
Old 22nd November 2011, 14:40   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
^^ I do get a squeaking noise but when I'm driving, and inside the car. Is the experience same with you?
Hi ninja. Actually when the car is slowly taken over speed bumps or where there is some felx in the Chasis then I get this noise. At some speed on roads this noise is not there. But then you take speed breakers slowly or lets say park car at some uneven point which might cause some flex in the chasis then this squeaking(Kind of Rubber rubbing against each other) sound appears and now it is irritating. I am planning to get it checked. Can it be because of winters? Since in cold Rubber becomes hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
did i read correctly that registration was just Rs. 28,000/-? here in bangalore registration for cars in that range has crossed Rs. 1 lac. The difference is crazy.
Hi Wheeliej. The exact Registration Cost was 29490/-.
Yeah!! I know the difference is crazy and that is one reason that despite I am staying in Gurgaon I bought the car from Chd and got it registered in Chd.

The rate in Chd is 3% and in Gurgaon its 6%.
Old 22nd November 2011, 14:59   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi ninja. Actually when the car is slowly taken over speed bumps or where there is some felx in the Chasis then I get this noise. At some speed on roads this noise is not there. But then you take speed breakers slowly or lets say park car at some uneven point which might cause some flex in the chasis then this squeaking(Kind of Rubber rubbing against each other) sound appears and now it is irritating. I am planning to get it checked.
Yup, that's the issue with me too.
I first started hearing it when I went over bad roads, but it disappeared once I shifted to better roads. But later on the squeaks started coming even when when I go over speed bumps or minor humps on the roads. Showed it once to the SA when I gave the car for a general checkup (Unfortunately I couldn't replicate the sound when we did a short drive then), but it didn't make any difference, as the squeaks didn't go away even after the checkup.

Quote:
Can it be because of winters? Since in cold Rubber becomes hard.
Doubt that's the case, as mine started coming up long back, and the winter's set in only recently.

Lets see if anything comes up in your checkup.
Old 23rd November 2011, 23:12   #54
BHPian

One more Photo.
Although it didn't come out the way I thought it would because of the Phone Camera...
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_0897.jpg
Old 23rd November 2011, 23:31   #55
BHPian

Hi Rachit,
Have you tried making some manual adjustments to the door beading for making the noise go away? I suggest you take this issue to the Volkswagen service center ASAP.

Your car is still very much brand new and hence, these things should not be an issue, specially in a VW.

Do keep us updated on this problem.
Old 24th November 2011, 01:18   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One more observation is that. although there is no rattling from more doors but these is this squeaking noise from the door beading. Did somebody experience that too? I think sauravc is getting his car's beading replaced under warranty. I might be having the same issue. I am not sure. Earlier I thought it may go but its still there. It might be because of winters too. I am planning to pay the service center a visit and ask atleast if it is normal?
Hi Rachit ,
As you would have read in my posts replacing the bead didn't help at all so wait before you ask for a change of beads . I will let you know if I manage to find a solution , you too please sound me out if manage to sort it out .

Hope the screech while you roll up your window is gone
Old 24th November 2011, 11:25   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hi Rachit,
Have you tried making some manual adjustments to the door beading for making the noise go away? I suggest you take this issue to the Volkswagen service center ASAP.

Your car is still very much brand new and hence, these things should not be an issue, specially in a VW.

Do keep us updated on this problem.
Hi DeKay. I have not tried any manual adjustments yet. I am planning to take the car to Service Center this weekend. Lets see what comes out of it.

Will keep you guys updated..

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Hi Rachit ,
As you would have read in my posts replacing the bead didn't help at all so wait before you ask for a change of beads . I will let you know if I manage to find a solution , you too please sound me out if manage to sort it out .

Hi souravc. After reading your experience, now I am not keen on getting the beading replaced. I will try to take the car to the service center and let see what the guys here have to say.

Will definately keep you posted.

And yes thankfully the screeching noise from the window went away the next day. Not sure why it happened but now its fine.

Thanks

Last edited by Rachit.K.Dogra : 24th November 2011 at 11:26.
Old 28th November 2011, 14:28   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Yup, that's the issue with me too.
I first started hearing it when I went over bad roads, but it disappeared once I shifted to better roads. But later on the squeaks started coming even when when I go over speed bumps or minor humps on the roads. Showed it once to the SA when I gave the car for a general checkup (Unfortunately I couldn't replicate the sound when we did a short drive then), but it didn't make any difference, as the squeaks didn't go away even after the checkup.

Doubt that's the case, as mine started coming up long back, and the winter's set in only recently.

Lets see if anything comes up in your checkup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Hi Rachit ,

So this Saturday I took the car to the Service Center to get that squeaking noise checked. I asked for the same advisor who had attended me last time as he was a nice helpful fellow. So he came and I made him hear the noise. He went inside and brought a bottle of Anti Rust spray and sprayed it on the all the Door Beadings. Then we went for a drive but the noise was still there. He then went inside and brought a new bottle of some lubricant and sprayed it on all the door locks and we again went for a drive but the noise was still there. Now he asked a couple of guys, 1 of them told him to remove the stuff that he sprayed on the door beadings as that spray was not meant for that purpose. He removed all that spray from the door beadings using a damp cloth. Then they said that they will get the doors adjusted. They took the car to the Denter, he examined the car by running his hand along the side of the car and he said the doors need to be adjusted. He took around 5 minutes to make some adjustments to doors. Then we went for a drive again, this time also the noise was there but it was slightly less (noise came less number of times). The guy told me that he will get this fixed in the First Service. Although my first service is still some distance away as I have till now done only 3K kms but I agreed because there was some shortage of time on my side.

Also while he was driving, I made him hear one more sound. This is a 'Howling' kind of sound which comes when you depress the clutch while shifting but you have not completely lifted off the accelarator so the slight revs during that time actually make a howling kind of noise. Although it sounds cool but I just wanted to ask why was this noise like this. He told me it is because of that Clutch pipe design which ricky_63 had also mentioned and he got his replaced to longer one. The Advisor told him it causes no harm to the car its just the noise because of high pressure in some fluid.

Overall a very pleasent experience this time also with the sevice station guys. They were prompt and wanted to help. Although The problem is not completely solved but it is better now. Will someday fix an appointment and give them more time to look into the issue.

They didnt charge me anything.

My Guess is that this noise also comes becuase the doors needs adjustment. So I will suggest you guys also get your doors checked. That might solve the problem. The advisor also said that adjustment does not go becuase of Pot Holes to which I am still surprised. Then what might cause it, Opening and Closing of doors??

Last edited by Rachit.K.Dogra : 28th November 2011 at 14:29.
Old 28th November 2011, 16:46   #59
BHPian

My guess is that there might be some problem right from the start and it is just showing itself now. I don't think your driving might have caused it, nor opening and closing of doors. The squeaking problem seems to be a very popular issue.
Even Lamboguy, who owns a Jetta had the same kind of problem and he says that they sprayed some liquid and the sound disappeared. Though the problem he had was creeking.

What type of adjustments do the doors need? I didn't quite get you!

Last edited by DeKay : 28th November 2011 at 16:48.
Old 28th November 2011, 17:50   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
My guess is that there might be some problem right from the start and it is just showing itself now. I don't think your driving might have caused it, nor opening and closing of doors. The squeaking problem seems to be a very popular issue.
Even Lamboguy, who owns a Jetta had the same kind of problem and he says that they sprayed some liquid and the sound disappeared. Though the problem he had was creeking.

What type of adjustments do the doors need? I didn't quite get you!
Whatever I could see and make out, they adjusted the steel ring thing where your door gets locked. And they sprayed some lubricant also there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks