Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 21:35   #91
BHPian

re: My BlueBerry! VW Vento TDi HighLine. EDIT: 2 Years Update & Audio Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
+1

I had upgraded to Osram Nightbreakers 60/55W from the stock lighting on my Fluidic Verna. Got the bulbs for Rs. 1079 in Hyd. After using them for 2 days, was pretty pissed off with the white light and low visibility in rains. I went back to the Accessories guy, bought a Hella Rally 100/90W bulbs for 200 each and Hella wiring harness for around Rs. 1600. The harness needs to be plugged to the existing wiring hence no cutting of wires is required. The harness also comes with 2 relays and ceramic bulb holders hence there is no chance of any damage.

This is the pretty good setup that you can try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Ah, would you prefer your setup OR HID (no projector - so scattered light not focused @ Rs. 8,000)? Also that's some expensive harness (what's a harness with respect to headlamps?) in layman's terms - can I put it like this that we need to add additional wires between car's wiring and the assembly as well as new holders so that the current holder and car's wiring stay unaffected from the heat? Anything I'm missing? Is relay the wiring?
Yeah!! Even I am waiting for somewhile so that the investment on Osram's digest a bit and then I might also go the 100/90 way..

I was reading the other day about Autocar India long term report of the passat and he also mentioned very Low setting for the Low beams on the passat. That is the main chalange that I was facing on my Vento too. Not sure why VW has choosen this way. But I got mine headlight beams raised slightly from the service center so that has improved things slightly.. But now the High beam is gone high so from the beam adjuster I have to lower the high beams down slightly.
Old 1st June 2012, 11:47   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Ah, would you prefer your setup OR HID (no projector - so scattered light not focused @ Rs. 8,000)? Also that's some expensive harness (what's a harness with respect to headlamps?) in layman's terms - can I put it like this that we need to add additional wires between car's wiring and the assembly as well as new holders so that the current holder and car's wiring stay unaffected from the heat? Anything I'm missing? Is relay the wiring?
I have never tried the HIDs so I cannot comment on it.

The Hella wiring kit comes with Wiring along with ceramic holders for bulbs and a pair of Relays (cutouts). The ceramic holders are required as the heat from the 100/90 bulbs will eventually melt the plastic holders.

The Wiring kit is plugged into the stock wiring harness so that the existing switches can be used; the plastic bulb holders are are pushed aside inside the headlight assembly.

In case you want to disconnect this Add-on wiring at a later point of time, just disconnect the add-on wiring kit from the stock wiring harness; push aside the ceramic holders, and plug the stock 60/55W bulbs to the stock holders.

Hella retailers: Hella India : Retailer Locator

The whole 100/90W setup will cost less than Rs. 2000, much cheaper than than the HIDs. If you still need HIDs, I remember seeing Philips HIDs at Autozone outlet.

BTW, you could get cheaper Wiring Relay kits from 1000 Rs. too from Roots / Lucas.

100/90W are good on highways specially with you are driving on undivided highways in the night. The100W high beams make even the truck drivers from opp direction blinking their headlights asking us to turn to low-beams !!

Last edited by junkishya : 1st June 2012 at 11:56.
Old 9th June 2012, 13:27   #93
BHPian

Some Pics after Sun Film Removal. I was so used to seeing the car with those nice 3M RE series sunfilms that now it looks bland!!
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_1427.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_1428.jpg
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 21:05   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I also upgraded to Osram Nightbreakers. My impression is that there is definately some improvement in headlight. The spread is the same its just that the intensity has slightly improved. Specialy in case of oncoming traffic I felt these bulbs held better. The bulbs costed me 1300. Anybody having any experience with these. I am not sure whether it is worth the dough. The reason I didnt go for 100/90 is that the shop guy told me they will need relays. I didnt want any wire cut.
Hi Rachit,

Joined the Team late. I know just how you must be feeling with the Vento. I have a black Vento diesel Highline and I just look for excuses to take her out on a long drive.
Regarding upgrading to a higher wattage headlight - you will not have to cut any wires as the wiring kit and the relays are standard plugs and plugs in to the existing holders. I have upgraded to 130/100 Osrams and the difference is great. I had been using this on my previous car, an Aveo 1.6 and had no issues.
Osram nightbreakers do not give you an increase in the beam throw so as to justify its price, but I had no choice but to install them in my wifes I10 as wiring kits plugs do not fit into the rubber cover behind the headlamp assembly on the I10.
Your photos of the BlueBerry look great.
Drive Safe.
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:41   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Hi Rachit,

Joined the Team late. I know just how you must be feeling with the Vento. I have a black Vento diesel Highline and I just look for excuses to take her out on a long drive.
Regarding upgrading to a higher wattage headlight - you will not have to cut any wires as the wiring kit and the relays are standard plugs and plugs in to the existing holders. I have upgraded to 130/100 Osrams and the difference is great. I had been using this on my previous car, an Aveo 1.6 and had no issues.
Osram nightbreakers do not give you an increase in the beam throw so as to justify its price, but I had no choice but to install them in my wifes I10 as wiring kits plugs do not fit into the rubber cover behind the headlamp assembly on the I10.
Your photos of the BlueBerry look great.
Drive Safe.

Hey, Thanks man and congratulations for the lovely car.
I guess my Osrams are 55/60 I guess. I am not sure. Does Nightbreakers come in 55/60 wattage also? That might be the reason I am not seeing a lot of change.
Old 2nd July 2012, 18:22   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Hey, Thanks man and congratulations for the lovely car.
I guess my Osrams are 55/60 I guess. I am not sure. Does Nightbreakers come in 55/60 wattage also? That might be the reason I am not seeing a lot of change.
Osram night breakers comes with 60/55 wattage, which is the vehicles specified wattage for the headlamps. Changing over to any other higher wattage bulb will require a voltage regulator to be installed. Hella's wiring kit and the regulator has been good, as I had used it for around 3 years on my Chevy Aveo with 130/100 wattage bulbs. This can be used on the Vento without any cutting and splicing of wires. A 100/90 wattage also give good enough illumination.
I had changed to 130/100, as in Kerala you will require that much wattage to get most of the buses, lorries and taxis to dip their lights when you drive at night . The low beam using 130/100 is good enough for night driving and just a flash of the high beam gets those bus n taxi drivers to dip their high beam.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd July 2012 at 23:10. Reason: Only 2 smilieys per post allowed, please read the board rules carefully before proceeding. thanks
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 18:55   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Osram night breakers comes with 60/55 wattage, which is the vehicles specified wattage for the headlamps. Changing over to any other higher wattage bulb will require a voltage regulator to be installed. Hella's wiring kit and the regulator has been good, as I had used it for around 3 years on my Chevy Aveo with 130/100 wattage bulbs. This can be used on the Vento without any cutting and splicing of wires. A 100/90 wattage also give good enough illumination.
I had changed to 130/100, as in Kerala you will require that much wattage to get most of the buses , lorries and taxis to dip their lights when you drive at night . The low beam using 130/100 is good enough for night driving and just a flash of the high beam gets those bus n taxi drivers to dip their high beam.
Thanks for all the info man!! I wish I had known this stuff earlier. At that time I thought that Osrams are available only in 60/55 wattage and shop keeper told me that it will improve the headlight. Anyways hopefully will switch to 100/90 sometime in future.

Thanks
CHEERS!!
Old 5th July 2012, 23:58   #98
BHPian

Some Photos of the BlueBerry from our recent trip to home town Palampur:

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0968.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_1013.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0986.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0987.jpg

The lady has done 14300 Kms. Will getting the first service done soon..

CHEERS!!
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 08:22   #99
BHPian

Hi rachit!

Blueberry is looking awesome. How was the performance on climbs?
Old 6th July 2012, 10:14   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Hi rachit!

Blueberry is looking awesome. How was the performance on climbs?
Thanks newtonMeter. I have been always impressed with the car's performance on climbs. TO be honest sometimes it is unreal. Even the steepest of climbs if you have slight momentum you wouldnt need 2nd gear. The torque advantage and low end performance of the Vento really shines on the uphill sections. I generraly drive this car very slow in Himachal because of less than perfect road conditions and I dont want this car to rattle but then also the car always impressed on uphills section.

But the downhill sections are slightly different than other cars. You cannot let the car roll downhill in 4th gear because as you brake on turns to slow your speed the car automatically gathers speed as soon as you leave the brake. Its best to roll down in 3rd gear but sometimes it means slowing your speed. These are my observations.
Old 6th July 2012, 10:27   #101
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Rachit. Quite nicely maintained car there! Looking as good as new.

Thats two things we can say we've shared. I also owned a HH Karizma (my first bike) from 2005 till 2009. What a nice beast it was.
Old 6th July 2012, 10:53   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Nice pics Rachit. Quite nicely maintained car there! Looking as good as new.

Thats two things we can say we've shared. I also owned a HH Karizma (my first bike) from 2005 till 2009. What a nice beast it was.

Thank you so much joslicx. That really cool.
For the Karizma, yes I absolutely agree. The bike still brings a smile on my face. I think both the Vento and Karizma are not mind blowing in terms of horse power numbers but for both of them it is there torque delivery that makes them great. I love the midrange push of the Karizma.

CHEERS!!
Old 26th July 2012, 15:00   #103
BHPian

First things first
Congrats on you BlueBerry.
It simply looks awesome and feels very very premium

Read through your thread at one sitting and boy that sure was a detailed ownership report. Tells me a lot about the Vento, much more than I could have researched on multiple threads.

Me currently in a big dilemma
Looking to buy a sedan in the 10 Lac slot and deciding between Verna and Vento or possibly Rapid
Since my usage won't be over 750 kms a month ( use the Busa for daily travel and a chauffeur driven Innova for other business times with client ), the new sedan is more of a weekend car for the family and some in between times drive for me to zip.
Was wondering if Vento Petrol would be a good option ?
Did not see a lot of petrol Vento's here
So looking for feedback
Old 29th July 2012, 17:38   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
First things first
Congrats on you BlueBerry.
It simply looks awesome and feels very very premium

Read through your thread at one sitting and boy that sure was a detailed ownership report. Tells me a lot about the Vento, much more than I could have researched on multiple threads.

Me currently in a big dilemma
Looking to buy a sedan in the 10 Lac slot and deciding between Verna and Vento or possibly Rapid
Since my usage won't be over 750 kms a month ( use the Busa for daily travel and a chauffeur driven Innova for other business times with client ), the new sedan is more of a weekend car for the family and some in between times drive for me to zip.
Was wondering if Vento Petrol would be a good option ?
Did not see a lot of petrol Vento's here
So looking for feedback

Hello Ram,

Thank you for the compliments.

If I can be honest, Vento as car is good bit I am not very sure of the Petrol engine in it. The diesel mill is punchy and very torquey, but the petrol one might not be a weekend fun car. But I have not driven the Petrol One, so I would suggest you to go for TEst Drive. Please look for Laura TSI. It is a bomb. I guess after the Despoine you will need a very good car to have fun.

PLease let me know in case I can be off any help.

CHEERS!!
Old 29th July 2012, 18:06   #105
BHPian

@Mods: Can you please rename the thread too:
My BlueBerry!! Vento TDi HighLine... (1st Service Update)

So Finally the car went for its First Service yesterday. The ODO Reading was 14800 Kms. Booked an appointment 3 days prior for saturday morning. Got the first slot. Before Saturday received 2 call from service center, 1 for confirming the booking and 1 from service advisor supposed to handle my car. He asked if there were any problems I was facing or was it just the routine service. Gives me an estimate of 11K. I was shocked I expected around 8K. I didnt argue much as I hoped that while settling the bill will discuss.

On saturday reached service center at 9.30. Guy was ready to receive my car. I told him to please look for some noises from the doors. Generally I dont leave my car at the service center but they told me that will take around 6 hours for the servicing. There was no point sitting there alone. So I came back home. Went to the service center in the evening. Car was ready. Went for a test drive. Unfortunately since it had rained there the exit of the service center was all muddy so the car became dirty again. I asked them just to remove the dirt from tyres and they agreed. Went to clear the bill. The bill was 11000. I looked at the bill and I could not find anything where I could negotiate. so payed the bill and came back.

Differences felt after the service:
GOODS
1) Clutch definitely feels softer.
2) Gears have also become smoother and slightly lighter.
3) Cabin noise has reduced. I am not very sure of this one.
4) Thankfully door noises seem to have gone.
5) Cars feels slightly more eager and refreshed.
BADS
1) When I gave the car for service wheel alignment and balancing was perfect. I should have asked them not to do it because I knew that when they will do the tyre rotation there will be some issues with alignment. As this thing had happened a couple of months back when I had gone to them for balancing. But I thought today they will have more time with the car so they might be able to fix it. Well they couldn't. And I am not sure how there Foremans are not able to notice these things. Anyways I was expecting this as there seems to be some issue with the balancing of my alloys which according to service guys cannot be fixed. So I will try to drive for some Kms like this. If this problem doesnt go I will get the tyres back at there original places.

Overall a very decent experience. Not exceptional but not bad too. Part of the reason is that half of the staff now atleast recognizes me.

Just after the service took the car straight for some polishing. Here is a pic of the bill and some after Polish pics.

Somebody please help me identifying where they charged me 3K extra??
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_1503.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0984.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0985.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0986.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0987.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0990.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0991.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_0992.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-dsc_1027.jpg
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks