Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2011, 09:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Korean, American and now Indian - Our pre-owned Manza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Am considering the sound deadening treatment offered by Tata Motors (3M or Wuerth). Fits in the overall budget set for car purchase
Instead of getting it done from TATA, I'd recommend get it done from a reputed ICE shop. I think they'll offer a more effective and may be similarly/ lesser priced solution to you.

Quote:
On a cool BLR night, the MID displays 35°C. A few km into the drive it drops down to 26°C. Again when stationary it displays a higher ambient temperature. I do not really care much of this info, but just an FYI.
Ambient temp is shown corrrectly only when car is at speeds above 35kmph. It's mentioned in the manual, so don't worry about it.

I think the price at which you got the car is very good. I also own one (bought new though) which had just completed 45k km's. Here is my ownership thread if you'd want to go through.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ros-manza.html

Last edited by amit1234singla : 21st November 2011 at 09:17.
Old 21st November 2011, 09:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sachin, for a driver driven car the Manza is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Instead of getting it done from TATA, I'd recommend get it done from a reputed ICE shop. I think they'll offer a more effective and may be similarly/ lesser priced solution to you.
Guess he is worried about warranty. Moreover, even TATA do not have their own ICE shop, they bring the local ICE wallahs and get the job done.
Old 21st November 2011, 10:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Further, the lack of clarity on the MID is really irritating me, will put up pics later today to illustrate the issue.
Congrats on the most VFM car in India. I can understand how you feel about the lag, smoothness, pickup, i had also upgraded from a petrol car (Zen) and driving the diesel initial made me feel why the heck did i buy this car, but now after 2 months i just love the way this car drives.

The temp is accurate i checked with my phone temp and MID, as you mentioned after a few kms the temp decreases which is the actual reading. Its mentioned in the owners manual that after few kms only you will get proper temp and also if you are idling for more than 5-6 mins the temp would rise due to engine compartment heat. Imagine seeing 15deg when climbing up to Ooty this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Congrats Sachin, for a driver driven car the Manza is good.

Guess he is worried about warranty. Moreover, even TATA do not have their own ICE shop, they bring the local ICE wallahs and get the job done.
Getting ICE done outside Tata does not void any warranty, i got my ICE installed from EVO just 4 days after the car and have since given for 2 servicing without any complaints from Tata SA's.

Last edited by motomaverick : 21st November 2011 at 11:01.
Old 21st November 2011, 11:12   #19
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think sound deadening work will have warranty issues. I think it has nothing to do with mechanicals or electricals of the car. Am I missing anything?

If you are suggesting like most other dealers, they can just create issues due to this if there is a warranty claim, then yes, that's possible. But then that has to be protested in any case. I think it's like protesting if A.S.S folks say your car's power window motor failed as you installed after market tints.

Sachin can still get it done from TASS, but that I'd recommend that only if it's actually done by 3M or Wuerth employees in TASS premises. I don't think many TASS mechanics will understand the proper meaning and purpose of sound deadening. Apologies, if this sounds negative, but it's based on my experience dealing with people at TASS's for last 2 years. I understand the experiences will vary across places and SC's.
Old 21st November 2011, 11:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you are suggesting like most other dealers, they can just create issues due to this if there is a warranty claim, then yes, that's possible. But then that has to be protested in any case. I think it's like protesting if A.S.S folks say your car's power window motor failed as you installed after market tints.
It is public knowledge what protests achieve with TATA. People have protested for far more and have been given the worst treatment.
Old 21st November 2011, 14:02   #21
BHPian

Quote:
As someone mentioned, am slightly concerned about TASS, specially with the discussion on the Tata Aria Ownership thread. Hope it is done by 3M/Wuerth staff at TASS as you mentioned in a later post. Will update this thread when I get details around this.

Quote:
Ambient temp is shown corrrectly only when car is at speeds above 35kmph. It's mentioned in the manual, so don't worry about it.
Thanks for the clarification. Should have read it earlier.

Quote:
Here is my ownership thread if you'd want to go through.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ros-manza.html
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have probably gone through all Manza ownership threads on TeamBHP, which helped me decide. I decided on the car without really driving it (based on online reviews alone) and all Manza ownership threads helped me to a great extent. The first Manza (and only one) i have driven is the one i own now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats on the most VFM car in India. I can understand how you feel about the lag, smoothness, pickup, i had also upgraded from a petrol car (Zen) and driving the diesel initial made me feel why the heck did i buy this car, but now after 2 months i just love the way this car drives.
Thanks. Am getting there, slowly but surely. Just need some to tweak my driving style as well.

Quote:
I think it's like protesting if A.S.S folks say your car's power window motor failed as you installed after market tints.
May not happen with tints, but if the door panel is opened to fix deadening material, would not be surprised if TASS would blame on the aftermarket fitment.

Quote:
It is public knowledge what protests achieve with TATA. People have protested for far more and have been given the worst treatment.
+1. I have heard positive feedback on TASS in BLR, but if i look at another thread (Tata Aria Ownership), it really makes me wonder if I should have listened to a whole lot of junta out there who warned me against buying a Tata car. Was a "genuine believer" in TATA's ability to deliver quality and the improvement they have made, but now am very skeptical about it. Would I recommend someone to buy a Tata Manza, I am not very sure (though I think it is a great car to buy if you are looking for Space and VFM). Am hoping my own experience with TASS will make me change my mind.
Old 21st November 2011, 14:31   #22
hvs
BHPian

Quote:
+1. I have heard positive feedback on TASS in BLR, but if i look at another thread (Tata Aria Ownership), it really makes me wonder if I should have listened to a whole lot of junta out there who warned me against buying a Tata car. Was a "genuine believer" in TATA's ability to deliver quality and the improvement they have made, but now am very skeptical about it. Would I recommend someone to buy a Tata Manza, I am not very sure (though I think it is a great car to buy if you are looking for Space and VFM). Am hoping my own experience with TASS will make me change my mind.
Seeing your views, my faith has also shaken and enthusiasm to buy Manza in few months dampened. I was very keen to buy one. Now I'm confused.

Maybe, I'll go with the unanimous decision of my mother, wife & sister to buy the new DZire instead.
My father-in-law & bro-in-law also say "Tata can make Chhota Haathi, Badaa Haathi etc....., but cars...... NO WAY...!!!"
All of them are against buying a TATA car but my heart says MANZA ONLY..!!!

Neither of us like Verito & Etios, whereas Fiesta Classic is not a choice because you never know when Ford pulls the curtains on it like Ikon.
Alas, only if TATAs could have taken it more seriously ....
Old 21st November 2011, 16:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs View Post
Seeing your views, my faith has also shaken and enthusiasm to buy Manza in few months dampened. I was very keen to buy one. Now I'm confused.

Maybe, I'll go with the unanimous decision of my mother, wife & sister to buy the new DZire instead.
My father-in-law & bro-in-law also say "Tata can make Chhota Haathi, Badaa Haathi etc....., but cars...... NO WAY...!!!"
All of them are against buying a TATA car but my heart says MANZA ONLY..!!!

Neither of us like Verito & Etios, whereas Fiesta Classic is not a choice because you never know when Ford pulls the curtains on it like Ikon.
Alas, only if TATAs could have taken it more seriously ....
The picture is not as bleak as it looks , most of the folks (not all) buying a diesel sedan are upgrading from a petrol car (including me), and its a world of difference driving a petrol & diesel, thats what I found initially. As far as the quality of the product goes, its quite superior to any vehicle Tata has manufactured till date, yes there are niggles, yes there are Tata service, but at the end of the day when you take the car for a drive, it will bring a smile.

((Yes i own a Manza but its after a lot of scrutiny that i bought it, you can read my review))
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 17:32   #24
BHPian

Quote:
The picture is not as bleak as it looks , most of the folks (not all) buying a diesel sedan are upgrading from a petrol car (including me), and its a world of difference driving a petrol & diesel, thats what I found initially. As far as the quality of the product goes, its quite superior to any vehicle Tata has manufactured till date, yes there are niggles, yes there are Tata service, but at the end of the day when you take the car for a drive, it will bring a smile.

((Yes i own a Manza but its after a lot of scrutiny that i bought it, you can read my review))
I definitely agree. As a product, I think the Manza is really good (and definitely better than the competition). If it suits your requirements, then you should consider it seriously. That said, the issue is with the support and service you get from TASS and if you have a reliable center in your city, it would be a good bet.

BTW, my apprehension is not based on my experience with TASS (i have yet to interact with them) but based on some ownership experiences shared by fellow BHPians. I have come across some positive feedback on the BLR service centers and I hope my experience with them (whenever i have one) will reinforce the same. I could be biased, so please check it out for yourself before you decide.

BTW, if you are looking for rear seat space i doubt if you need to look elsewhere. If you need long-term reliability, you may want to look harder.

Last edited by sachinayak : 21st November 2011 at 17:34.
Old 21st November 2011, 18:04   #25
hvs
BHPian

Quote:

I went bullish on Manza after reading your review amongst others. Considering that new Dzire to be launched in 2012 will feature same 90ps engine and shall be based on new Swift, how do you think Manza will fare vis-a-vis new Dzire in terms of quality, comfort, A.S.S. & resale(after say 3 years or more)?
Old 21st November 2011, 18:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Sachin, many congratulations on the Manza!! It really is a VFM car at that price. I must admit, as a Tata fan and believer that they can deliver the goods especially with their three new models (Vista, Manza and Aria), I too was extremely disappointed after reading of the multiple issues with the Aria in that thread.

However, my opinion is that the major issues (relating to quality or a defective vehicle) would have most probably already gone wrong. Tatas generally have persisting issues that start early and stick with you till the end

Therefore since the vehicle seems fairly trouble-free at this point, I believe that you should look forward to a relatively good ownership experience. I say relatively because we don't yet know what is causing the wobble you mentioned at 70-80kmph.

Wonderful to see that you have made your choice and a good one (IMHO) at that. All the best and Drive Safe
Old 21st November 2011, 18:49   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
I say relatively because we don't yet know what is causing the wobble you mentioned at 70-80kmph.
Thanks Manish - failed to update this thread, but visited Madhu's (just down the road from my home) this Saturday. Got Wheel Balancing and Alignment done (along with switching to Nitrogen) and that seems to have fixed the issue. Was reviewing the service history and the 3rd Free Service Report (11-Oct) includes a Wheel Balancing record, however went by Madhu's recommendation. Will keep posted if the issue resurfaces.

Thanks for the wishes.

On a side note, when reviewing the service history observed the following entries
1. ARB Bearing Block (Type: Warranty)
2. Front Anti-roll Torsion Bar - Remove and Install (Type: Warranty)

What could this be?

Also two tyres are marked 2010 03, when the vehicle is a 2010 Feb make. Had observed this before the purchase, but the owner mentioned there was no switch done post purchase. Confused .
Old 21st November 2011, 20:01   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Also two tyres are marked 2010 03, when the vehicle is a 2010 Feb make. Had observed this before the purchase, but the owner mentioned there was no switch done post purchase. Confused .
The marking on tyres is actually year and week # of the year (not month). So 201003 will mean 3rd week of 2010 (Jan 2010). Don't worry too much and enjoy the car!
amit1234singla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 21:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got Wheel Balancing and Alignment done (along with switching to Nitrogen) and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks for the wishes.
No problem. Glad it is fixed.

Quote:
On a side note, when reviewing the service history observed the following entries

What could this be?
Looks like the Anti Roll Bar Bearing Block and Bar were replaced. Might have been a rattling/noise issue (most likely). If it were a bigger issue, there would have been other suspension/steering issues which would (probably) have surfaced when the Alignment was done. Since that is not the case, I think it is okay.

Experts can probably shed more light, though, and correct me if I am wrong.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 10:07   #30
BHPian

Quote:

What could this be?
These are usually changed if there is noise from suspension when going over speed breakers at slow speed especially in first few km's of everyday drive. Anti roll bar bushes become hard and are the culprits here. This was done in another bhpian's car at first service. Please see the link below.

I think ARB Bearing Block costs less than rs.100, so this is actually a very minor repair. If possible, can you please post the part # of ARB Bearing Block from the invoice? thanks

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1831149

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks