Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2011, 11:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Battle of the X-Breeds : SKoda Yeti Vs Mahindra XUV5OO

Great set of some not-done-before shots. The Yeti certainly seems dwarfed by the XUV's imposing front.
Old 28th November 2011, 11:49   #32
BHPian

very nice pictures.thanks for the shots,xuv looks hot n mighty.
Old 28th November 2011, 12:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

Some lovely pics there Behemoth. Teh Yeti sure seems dwarfed by the imposing XUV.

In the XUV, the 3rd row of seats are really tiny. Best suitable for children only! Have you thought of removing them completly? That might increase some space in the 'boot'.
Old 28th November 2011, 14:13   #34
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic pics Behemoth. Quite detailed also.

PS: You can add more than 10 pics in one post. Just add the paths of the first 10, click "upload" and you get the same screen back where you can add more.
Old 28th November 2011, 15:27   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks everyone!

Yes the 3rd row seats are quite cramped and good only for kids! Even for kids, its better to fold down the seats so that 2 kids can play in the back (my 4 year old son actually likes it more that way! )
I don't think it is possible to remove them easily as the seats are bolted down and not the quick removal type. Even the floor below the seats looks multistepped and will not give a flat load space.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 28th November 2011, 17:15   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Thanks everyone!

Yes the 3rd row seats are quite cramped and good only for kids! Even for kids, its better to fold down the seats so that 2 kids can play in the back ...

Regards,
Behemoth
Wouldn't it be risky for unharnessed kids to be playing in the back of the car? I am paranoid about kids (safety), and like to see them properly harnessed in the middle row - in special seats if need be.
Old 28th November 2011, 17:19   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai

Wouldn't it be risky for unharnessed kids to be playing in the back of the car? I am paranoid about kids (safety), and like to see them properly harnessed in the middle row - in special seats if need be.
Yes, even I restrained my kid till the time he was 3 years old, but after that I find it extremely difficult to keep him restrained. However whenever he sits in the front, he always wears his seat belt. Only in the rear, he enjoys jumping around in all the space. I do drive safe and when he is on board, don't drive over 80 kmph.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 28th November 2011, 18:27   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, even I restrained my kid till the time he was 3 years old, but after that I find it extremely difficult to keep him restrained. However whenever he sits in the front, he always wears his seat belt. Only in the rear, he enjoys jumping around in all the space. I do drive safe and when he is on board, don't drive over 80 kmph.

Regards,
Behemoth
I'm not very sure about this but have read that if the car is airbag equipped, don't allow kids to sit facing it (front seat).

The best place for kids is the back seat with seat belt on.
Old 28th November 2011, 18:30   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
I'm not very sure about this but have read that if the car is airbag equipped, don't allow kids to sit facing it (front seat).

The best place for kids is the back seat with seat belt on.
+in car seat-safely strapped.that completes the sentence.
Old 28th November 2011, 18:37   #40
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Behemoth
I was not for a moment suggesting otherwise. I am sure your safety consciousness would have contributed in no uncertain terms, in making the choice of cars, you've invested in. I also understand that four-year olds don't like one bit being restrained.

Sitting in front definitely demands a seat belts fastened. Everything considered kids this age are probably safest behind.
Old 28th November 2011, 19:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nitin,

We have not yet explored the Aftermarket Alloys option - Maybe we will start looking after a 2-3 weeks. Even I am not too sure about the PCD size! It is mentioned on the inside of the alloys, so we can't even see it unless the wheels are taken off! Do let me know in case you are able to find out.
I tried searching for XUV alloys but no results so far. Most of the dealers are saying that by next month (2-3 weeks) they should be in. I am dying to add alloys to my XUV as that the only thing i miss in W6.

By the way, whats the mileage you are getting in city drives? When i got the delivery, it was showing 9 but each day its increasing. Today it was 13.5.
Old 29th November 2011, 10:45   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I tried searching for XUV alloys but no results so far. Most of the dealers are saying that by next month (2-3 weeks) they should be in. I am dying to add alloys to my XUV as that the only thing i miss in W6.

By the way, whats the mileage you are getting in city drives? When i got the delivery, it was showing 9 but each day its increasing. Today it was 13.5.
Same here. No luck yet on the alloys (don't like the Mahindra design too much and there are no other options available yet outside). Dealers are saying that options should be available in 1-2 months.

So far covered around 600 kms, and getting a mileage of 12.2 kmpl (as per the MID). Hopefully should improve over time!

Incidentally, my brother also has a Ritz diesel and finds the Ritz diesel much more convenient to drive and park in the city / markets than the XUV due to its compact size and maneuverability!

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 29th November 2011 at 11:00.
Old 29th November 2011, 14:16   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Since there was a big debate earlier on the XUV5OO test drive thread about the colour change of the interiors, I am posting below two pics for quick comparison.
The first one is from Pankaj Ahlawats' ownership thread and the other from our XUV. You can clearly notice the change in colour in the centre console and the side panels for the console.
Battle of the X-Breeds : SKoda Yeti Vs Mahindra XUV5OO-interiors-xuvpankaj.jpg

Name:  interiors XUVBehemoth.jpg
Views: 2129
Size:  298.3 KB

(My image is without any colour correction applied and from a Nikon D90. Though sensitivity of camera used by Pankaj may be different, the difference in colour is distinctly visible).

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 14:25   #44
Senior - BHPian

^
I may be mistaken but it looks quite similar and seems just a difference in flash intensity or the difference between taking it through a DSLR.
Old 29th November 2011, 16:07   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
^
I may be mistaken but it looks quite similar and seems just a difference in flash intensity or the difference between taking it through a DSLR.

Ditto with me - I think the difference is because of light available & sensitivity of camera sensors

But, I want to believe on Behemoth's status

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks