Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2011, 13:47   #166
SAS
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Good to see Tata Motors responding to the link. But It would have been even better if they had responded when the problem occurred.

I asked for extended warranty that day we purchased the car. But dealership made a mess of the numbers and delayed it till now. This issue took more than 2 months to resolve after intervention of Tata Motors.

Car 1 is taken out only if no other alternative is available. The second car is doing good.
The kind of shoddy service and vehicle build by Tata is just ridiculous. I would have just blasted the ASC and Tata motors officials if I had this kind of treatment meted to me. I feel you should do the same. Don't spare them, please give them an earful. Only then their attitude shall change.

And I'm even more astonished at Tata's response on their facebook page. What they think they are doing, charity and social service?? If they were even bothered a little, they would have done it at first instance and not now after things have blown up. It's a real shame. they are acting like a stupid PSU and not a private company who wants to stay profitable in the long run.
Old 5th December 2011, 11:14   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS View Post
And I'm even more astonished at Tata's response on their facebook page. What they think they are doing, charity and social service?? If they were even bothered a little, they would have done it at first instance and not now after things have blown up. It's a real shame. they are acting like a stupid PSU and not a private company who wants to stay profitable in the long run.
I am kinda confused to what you mean by using the terms charity and social service.. I doubt that their online team and service team are the same.. What i do see is that Tata is atleast making an effort to get in touch with customers who have an issue..

Btw indian21r.. Have you sent them a mail to see what response they are giving you??
Old 5th December 2011, 14:46   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRozario View Post
I doubt that their online team and service team are the same.
You have caught them red handed; There is no coordination between the two!

Quote:
What i do see is that Tata is atleast making an effort to get in touch with customers who have an issue..
Effort? HA! if responding on a social website within two hours is effort then my friend the world will soon be a better place...

Quote:
Btw indian21r.. Have you sent them a mail to see what response they are giving you??
The email they have provided has been used by me earlier when my Aria has niggles..

Guess what? NO response till date!

Even if they send you to a dealership and say that your problems are being looked into, what TATA does not understand is that the dealership with indica mentality cannot solve issues!

Heck I would go as far as saying they cant even service Aria's properly!
Old 5th December 2011, 20:22   #169
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
I am kinda confused to what you mean by using the terms charity and social service.. I doubt that their online team and service team are the same.. What i do see is that Tata is atleast making an effort to get in touch with customers who have an issue..

It's great that Tata is making an effort to reach out. However what is lacking is a a feeling of 'genuine concern' on their part. When you buy a product, you expect it to be properly quality tested before release. I find that lacking in most tata products. The defects in concerned Aria has failed to be caught at 3 seperate levels: first on the shop floor at the particular workbench when the gearbox was being assembled / fitted to the chassis, secondly during QA inspection before the vehicle is dispatched from Tata's factory, and the last instance when the PDI is done before delivery to customer.

...by charity / social service, what I mean is that it's tata's obligation to ensure the customer faces a niggle free ownership experience, at least initially. All mechanical parts eventually fail, so I'm not even bringing in long term reliability into the picture. By reaching out to the customer, Tata's customer care isn't doing a favour to the customer, but only it's duty which it should have done in the first place (and I'm talking about the organization with it's dealers as a whole and not a particular department within TML). If you are going to have a vehicle which spends over 1 month in the workshop out of it's initial 6 months, then it is definitely a lemon. More so when it is supposed to be a premium product.

At the end of the day, it's the market which determines who stays and who loses in the long term. Just look at the XUV5OO and compare it to the Aria. Obviously one has been a runaway success while the other languishing to generate enough sales
SAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 19:11   #170
Senior - BHPian

With the incidents reported in many threads about Tata products, Tata has proved that it does not care about providing quality or good customer care even to premium customers like Aria.

I hope this attitude does not trickle up to Jaguar and LR customers too.

When Mahindra an indian company can be pro-active at least through twitter/facebook etc, why cannot Tata do the same.

With this tatas have proved that all they care for is the customer's money and nothing else. I was remotely thinking of an aria at the back of my mind, but this thread has told me to stick with Toyota products. Eventhough features are less, i am attracted by the superior customer service and outstanding quality offerred.
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:43   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Good to see Tata Motors responding to the link. But It would have been even better if they had responded when the problem occurred.

I asked for extended warranty that day we purchased the car. But dealership made a mess of the numbers and delayed it till now. This issue took more than 2 months to resolve after intervention of Tata Motors.

Car 1 is taken out only if no other alternative is available. The second car is doing good.
Its been a month since your update. How are the Aria's holding up the past month. Did Tata Motors talk to you after the FB thingie?

I hope you have had a better month with the Arias.

Do post.

Cheers
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:49   #172
BHPian

If i recall correctly the dealership/service center in question was Pundit motors?

Hands down the WORST tata/fiat dealership in the country? them service the aria?heck i wouldn't trust them with a nano!

This is the same dealership that tried to sell me aftermarket mudflaps for the punto as genuine OEM.

PLEASE change your service center.too bad B.U bhandari closed down. i wouldn't be surprised if most of your problems were caused by a **** up at the service center.
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:02   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Its been a month since your update. How are the Aria's holding up the past month. Did Tata Motors talk to you after the FB thingie?

I hope you have had a better month with the Arias.

Do post.

Cheers
As of now that Cars are doing Fine. Hope that they run smoothly now. The Facebook response is farce man. Infact there customer care /support was always aware of the scenario related to the cars.

and the Servicing was never done at Pandit. We did not like the presales experience with them. They are serviced at Millennium Motors
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:51   #174
BHPian

Quote:
As of now that Cars are doing Fine. Hope that they run smoothly now. The Facebook response is farce man. Infact there customer care /support was always aware of the scenario related to the cars.

and the Servicing was never done at Pandit. We did not like the presales experience with them. They are serviced at Millennium Motors
Good to know that at least your teething troubles are getting over. Of course its a shame that they ever happened. No thanks to Tata Motors & the dealer for that.

All the best and keep up the updates.

Cheers
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:32   #175
BHPian

It is so annoying and sad to come to terms that all that money wasnt actually an investment.

Hope your Aria makes a full recovery and makes you happy again.
Old 5th January 2012, 23:28   #176
BHPian

Man, I have joined your league of failed Tata products. My Aria pride stalled by the road side on 31st dec, It took TASS 3 full days to trace the problem dont know how many more to fix it. I have been told the problem is due to some part being 'seized' in the engine and might need an engine overhaul. The car (bullock cart is a better word) is just 5 months and 8000 kms old.

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th January 2012 at 04:52. Reason: corrected typo, its 'seized'
Old 6th January 2012, 08:36   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Man, I have joined your league of failed Tata products. My Aria pride stalled by the road side on 31st dec, It took TASS 3 full days to trace the problem dont know how many more to fix it. I have been told the problem is due to some part being 'ceased' in the engine and might need an engine overhaul. The car (bullock cart is a better word) is just 5 months and 8000 kms old.
Engine seize? in 5 months?

Did it give any warning signals on the instrument console before stalling?

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th January 2012 at 04:52. Reason: corrected typo, its 'seize' & not 'cease'
Old 6th January 2012, 10:45   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Man, I have joined your league of failed Tata products. My Aria pride stalled by the road side on 31st dec, It took TASS 3 full days to trace the problem dont know how many more to fix it. I have been told the problem is due to some part being 'ceased' in the engine and might need an engine overhaul. The car (bullock cart is a better word) is just 5 months and 8000 kms old.
Man I am really sorry to hear this. Lookslike Aria took toll of your new year. I guess it is high time for TATA to do some additional R&D and pass on the benefits to the existing owners. They product failure rate is extremely high.

I seriously do not understand why they take days to trace a problem. it is as if they have to do all the checks all the time. They do not seem to have any SOP's for checking errors.
Old 6th January 2012, 14:08   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Man I am really sorry to hear this. Lookslike Aria took toll of your new year. I guess it is high time for TATA to do some additional R&D and pass on the benefits to the existing owners. They product failure rate is extremely high.

I seriously do not understand why they take days to trace a problem. it is as if they have to do all the checks all the time. They do not seem to have any SOP's for checking errors.
TML has not trained its service folk to diagnose anything. They are well trained in parts replacement, basic funda being, if a part fails, replace it and the customer will be happy.
What they yet have to understand is that no customer expects not appreciates being stranded and the following downtime due to lack of service expertise. Automobile passions aside, a vehicle in todays day and age should transport a person from point A to Z without any trouble whatsoever and without the passengers having to bother about the vehicle reliability and performance at the back of their minds.

After reading so many horror stories there is sufficient reason to believe that their engineering design team used to design bullock carts for a living earlier or have passed out from a bullock cart engineering school.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 6th January 2012 at 14:12.
Old 6th January 2012, 14:50   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
What they yet have to understand is that no customer expects not appreciates being stranded and the following downtime due to lack of service expertise. Automobile passions aside, a vehicle in todays day and age should transport a person from point A to Z without any trouble whatsoever and without the passengers having to bother about the vehicle reliability and performance at the back of their minds.
Exactly being stranded due to engine or other critical failures is pathetic. Seriously how did the cars even clear requisite tests. If only one set of cars have this problem, it can be attributed to a batch.

The more I see read, the cars failed have produced over a years time. So many critical failures, Something wrong with the engineering here. It is as if someone tampered with preliminary test reports to release the car.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks