Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2011, 13:45   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
There should be more evidence on the Job card, invoice from service center where these were replaced/acknowledged.
Why the the car is getting unloaded on the road? Normally one would unload it inside the Tata service center? It may be a genuine issue, but can not say from the video. Also i would have added more to it like TASS person attending the vehicle.

Last edited by teamveevee : 18th November 2011 at 13:47.
Old 18th November 2011, 16:43   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Don't you think that this is a bit too much, I'm really shocked that you are not trusting the OP of this thread, psbali, zappex and now even the guy in the video!

I mean do you really feel that all these people have no job but to bash a product...Sheesh!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
This was forwarded to me by a friend who found this on Youtube.
Guys, I was just being sarcastic about the other chap questioning this thread. I don't doub't the authenticity of the video. I was just highlighting that fact that no one would bother to create a thread or make a video just to slander Aria. Too bad, this place lacks a sense of humor...
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 18:23   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
All the more surprising - I would have thought the replacement would have come through by now!
Sadly it doesn't work that way in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Dealers and manufacturers rarely dish out replacements. It is the last of the last resorts. If one looks at TBHP itself then we will find several threads where the company replaced costly parts or gave out other favors but at least I am yet to come across a thread where the company replaced the vehicle.

On the contrary there are numerous threads where the sufferrers have heaped all the negative publicity that they can on the dealer and manufacturer but even then no replacement came through.
true Getting a replacement is hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
+ 1 to what Suman Said Above. if your company has good relations with Tata;s , that make getting a replacement more simpler as the onus to keep them good lies on both sides. they surely know that your co will give them more business unlike a individual .
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Besides, Indian21r's company have good relations with the house of TATAs so who knows
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Although even I find it bit surprising that they haven't pushed for a replacement even though they have a good relation with TML. Probably at the higher level some decision has been taken at their end, only the OP can tell. But I still find it weird that people are still questioning the OP's intent after all his clarifications!
We cannot use that route. Cannot ask group directors to involve in such trivial matters. But until I discuss with my CEO, I cannot confirm what action we will take.

@ninjatalli, Thanks man.

Last edited by indian21r : 18th November 2011 at 18:25.
Old 18th November 2011, 19:36   #124
BHPian

OK guys I want to use this thread to update you'll about something:

4 days have passes since I gave my Aria for the 15k service, This was after waiting nearly a month for my appointment (Too many Taxis,Nanos etc).

Till now I have received ZERO updates and I have submitted a 24 point list of issues I had been facing.

I casually made a call to the workshop and the SA said he will call me back but NO call until now!

Baseline I don't know what to do! I have already used the complaint form and sent a product related complaint.

Lets see how it turns out in the end, I hope my issues get resolved.

Fingers crossed!
Zappex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 19:39   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Zappex that absolutely sucks. I can't imagine buying an 18 lac vehicle and being treated that way. Even more convinced now that Tata should have followed a brand differentiation strategy for their high end cars like the Aria (possbly the Manza and Vista as well) in the Toyota/Lexus mode.

Not that Toyota service is anything to be sneezed at anyway But you know what I mean!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 19:50   #126
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Even more convinced now that Tata should have followed a brand differentiation strategy for their high end cars like the Aria (possbly the Manza and Vista as well) in the Toyota/Lexus mode.
Tatas are trying to follow brand differentiation. Just saw in today's newspaper that they are looking for new franchisees only for the Nano. 500sq ft and love for cars will do.

Last edited by dot : 18th November 2011 at 19:51.
dot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 19:56   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Zappex that absolutely sucks.
Trust me when I say this buddy; it really sucks!

Quote:
I can't imagine buying an 18 lac vehicle and being treated that way.
I am really very confused with the way they treat their customers. And to top it all when I expect preferential treatment; They look at me as if I am a fool to have purchased a 19L nano!

Quote:
Even more convinced now that Tata should have followed a brand differentiation strategy for their high end cars like the Aria (possbly the Manza and Vista as well) in the Toyota/Lexus mode.
I don't know how practical that could be but what they could do is at least treat the current customers with dignity.

Quote:
Not that Toyota service is anything to be sneezed at anyway But you know what I mean!
My Innova's get service reminders from Toyota and they are picked up and dropped free of charge. With my Aria it seems that they are doing a favor to me by accepting it for service!

Owning two Innova's as we speak, The Aria has given me a cold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Tatas are trying to follow brand differentiation. Just saw in today's newspaper that they are looking for new franchisees only for the Nano. 500sq ft and love for cars will do.
Looks like more space is being liberated for the refreshed Nano!

Last edited by Zappex : 18th November 2011 at 20:00.
Zappex is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 23:36   #128
BHPian

Here is my experience with Aria:
I was informed by the Concorde motors that a Clutch update has to be done, and it was arranged along with the 15K service / oil change. Upon dismantling the gearbox and clutch, there were signs of clutch damage, apparently due to running with half engaged clutch. Overheating signs on pressure plate and flywheel were very much visible. This was particularly due to a flow control valve, which failed to release the trapped pressure on the slave cylinder. (Replacing this component was the clutch update). But the damage was already done. So the whole clutch assembly was replaced, including pressure plate flywheel and bearing.
Name:  flywheel.JPG
Views: 2811
Size:  140.4 KB
Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-pressure-plate.jpg
Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-ptl.jpg
Second issue was a leak in the oil sump. (Sounds scary - But luckily a very small leak)
Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-sump.jpg

Then there was rust found on the chassis, to be precise, where the close members are bolted together. This area is not normally visible or accessible, even the usual anti rust treatments does not help. So it was a good chance for me to get all those cross members removed and painted.

Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-rust.jpg
Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership-photo.jpg

All these items were replaced under warranty, only thing that bothered me was the long delay for the spare parts to arrive. It took more than two weeks for the vehicle to be ready after all these repairs.

I will say that during these repairs, the staff was very courteous and I used to get accurate feedbacks about the repair, whenever I called them on the phone. I made a couple of visits as well to check the progress.

I had couple of other issues as well, one was a shaky driver seat, for which the seat recliner was replaced and the other one is the volume control for the audio system. Any time I start the car, music starts playing at volume level 11, which was bit too loud for me. There was a setting to adjust the start-up volume, but it didn't seems to have a control over the volume level. The service guys took it as an easy one, in spite of my repeated reminders. And it took two weeks for them to find out that they could not do anything about it, and informed me that their "flying doctors" from Pune will be coming soon to fix it. So as of now, that remains as my outstanding complaint, everything else seems to work good for me.

Then about my friend's Aria: He had so much trouble with that, Tata Motors finally agreed to replace his Aria with a new one, including the registration, road tax and Insurance cost. He had serious troubles starting with suspension, air bags, power steering etc. But he didn't have to fight with TML to get the replacement as many have stated earlier in this thread. He prepared a decent enough letter, send to TML and Concorde. Couple of breakdowns later, probably TML was convinces that they have good enough reasons for a change out, he was offered a replacement.
ANUJ GEORGE is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 23:47   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANUJ GEORGE View Post
Here is my experience with Aria
Thanks a lot for sharing your detailed experience, I'm sure it will help many.

So all the people who were doubting the authenticity of the Aria really having problems, need more proof?
Old 19th November 2011, 07:15   #130
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry replacement or no replacement, so many issues with a car which only sells a couple of hundred in its best month is NOT a good sign. 18 lakhs is a huge sum to be spending on a car anywhere in the world. Heck for the same amount you can get a decently kitted out C-Class in the states.
Old 19th November 2011, 10:37   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I am sorry replacement or no replacement, so many issues with a car which only sells a couple of hundred in its best month is NOT a good sign. 18 lakhs is a huge sum to be spending on a car anywhere in the world. Heck for the same amount you can get a decently kitted out C-Class in the states.
+1

Its even more ironic because Aria was launched primarily for brand building.

Aria was launched to instill confidence among people that Tata has the ability to produce higher segment passenger vehicles which are niggle free and offer a hassle-free ownership experience. For a person investing 18 lakh rupees of hard earned money in to a product , he has the right to expect a premium ownership experience .This thread is an eye-opener for prospective buyers.

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 19th November 2011 at 10:38.
needforspeed88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2011, 10:50   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
+1

Its even more ironic because Aria was launched primarily for brand building.
I guess brand building stopped right there when they replaced their 'quality team' with 'let us make profits in any which way team' or as something on these lines was mentioned in the last few posts.

this is highly shameful for TATA, in the end I guess they really don't know what they are doing or where they are going.
Old 19th November 2011, 14:47   #133
hvs
BHPian

I had almost finalized Tata Manza to be my next car which I plan to buy within next few months, but this thread has really opened my eyes wide.
I think I should buy a DZire instead which at least has good resale value.

I also tried to put a link of this thread on tatamotors.com feedback and, guess what, no feedback option regarding Aria...!!
Old 19th November 2011, 14:53   #134
Team-BHP Support

Tata should start a new contest for its existing Aria owners. (along the same lines as their earlier contest )

How many issues can you list out in a day, with adequate proof. The owner with the longest list, will get a replacement Aria in his choice of variant/colour. No questions asked!
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 07:48   #135
BHPian

Today is the 7th day, I am hoping for some miracle to take place so that I can get the Aria back!

I have received ZERO updates from the TASC, Day before yesterday I called them up and I was put on hold for 15 minutes! After that I discussed my problem list with my SA and to my surprise; Out of 24 points 15 were still in the checking phase and the rest were brushed off with a "Ho gaya hoga!" (Must have been done).

When I asked the SA about the rattling noise coming from the boot he said we made some adjustment and the noise has reduced, but little noise is still there and we are going to check that!

I mean I fail to understand what these guys were doing for 7 days!

He also said that the USB port worked suddenly but now even the Navigation system isn't working. Obviosly sombody there has fiddled with it.

I have filled the complaint form on the Tata website and I have received no response/callback from them! I even called the toll free customer care to lodge a complaint. No response from there either! (They had promised me a callback)

I feel so helpless there is nothing I can do but wait, still my patience is running out! I don't know if my car has been damaged like previous times.

All fellow Bhpians; Please guide me on what to do and how to go about this issue!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed