Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2011, 16:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 Airbags

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkumarlb View Post
...Seat Saga
I preferred the 8 seater but due to RTO concerns, I settled for the 7 seater captain seat version and Manjunath the sales guy had promised he could get me one. But even after two months he has been struggling to get it done. So stuck with protecting the current seats as they have to be exchanged. I have decided I will escalate if its not done by next week.
Manjunath called and confirmed last week that a captain seat version will be available and can be replaced over the week end.

As we have got used to this version of the seating from the Zen days (three seats at the back) was thinking do we need to change, or we go with 8 eater, or, or, or... so last staturday went with family to check out the captain seats (checked 8 seats again ).

As it was raining I could not check it to my satisfaction, went back again on Sunday and spent almost an hour checking on the captain seat, storage/luggage, needed all that checking as my daughter is 3 years old now and it will be atleast another two or three years where she will on her own sit in a seat and be engaged on long drives, but for now, unless I tie her up in the child seat, she is all over the place... (this is what happens if I dont tie her in the child seat)

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-20.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-201010-15.jpg

Perhaps I was overreacting about escalation as I was going by general perception and thinking as the sale is done, why would they care now, especially as there was nothing binding them to change the seats, but I must really appretiate Manjunath and Sireesh Auto for their assistance here and continued support even after sale.

Most probably I will have it changed later today, will post pics when I am back... I am quite exicted as I can now start work on rest of the accessories...
Old 7th December 2011, 03:07   #17
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags

Finally the seats were changed the next day.

This is Work in Progress.

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011112900009.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011112900010.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011112900011.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011112900013.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011112900014.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011112900015.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011112900016.jpg

Name:  IMG2011112900017.jpg
Views: 4880
Size:  67.3 KB
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011112900008.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000018.jpg  

Last edited by ajitkumarlb : 7th December 2011 at 03:10.
Old 7th December 2011, 03:16   #18
BHPian

The Seat Photo shoot.

I would day its comfortable for 4 adults on long drives with luggage in the last row and 4 adults + 3 small people can manage on short drives.

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000018.jpg

Cushion is out on one side!
Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000019.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000023.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000025.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000026.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000027.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000028.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000030.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000031.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000032.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000033.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000034.jpg

Leg Room in the last row very very poor
Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000037.jpg

Leg Room in the last row very very poor
Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000038.jpg
ajitkumarlb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 03:19   #19
BHPian

Is this an issue? Folks with front facing last row, can you please check and confirm do you have this welding?

This is the rod that connects both edges of the seat release for folding.

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000020.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio Automatic (AT) 4x4 with Airbags-img2011113000021.jpg
Old 4th March 2013, 20:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi, its been more than a year since your last update. Can you update the thread on how your vehicle is doing now ? How is the AT transmission doing?
Old 1st April 2013, 18:41   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Hi, its been more than a year since your last update. Can you update the thread on how your vehicle is doing now ? How is the AT transmission doing?
Have been out of action for a while, sorry for the delayed post....

Its been 18 months now and overall I am happy with my experience, though I would not call it great.

What I like so far:
1. Engine & AT Gearbox & 4x4

They all work great, people talk about slow pickup, I have never faced that, in fact I am usually the first one to start off and to be gone when other are yet tugging at the gears when traffic light turns green. I never had issues overtaking either in city or on highways.

Except for on two occasions, never had problem with acceleration and when I want it in either city drive or on highway. Only on two occasions it was searching for gear as the RPM had dropped to idle RPM. else no complaints.

I have done off-roading at danushkoti on sand and in tea estates and no concerns there either. of course I was never intending this to be doing Jeep like stunts after paying 14.5 lacs but it does what I want from it.

I just completed 25k kms so no concerns from engine & gear box so far...

2. I went in for the 4 captain seat + last row bench 2 & a half (yes it is), the captain seats looks and works great.

Last row is not much of use for adult men but works for women & children. but it works best when taken off on long vacations trips for the luggage space. Fold up the middle row seats, you can even attempt shifting a small house.

Front seats are comfortable to sit (especially passenger side), and if the second row captain seats are pushed back they are comfortable as well, but that leaves not much room for third row seating.

What else do I like???? hmmm that list ends there

Then what I don't like, well this is a long list, however here are the ones that are most significant:

1. For a 14.5 lac car (on road) least I would have expected is OVRM would have auto fold, this one thing if changed will make me "very" happy instead of "just" happy now. This is one of the most irritating thing especially when you are driving alone.

2. Driver seat for such a big car is cramped, steering tilt is just there for the sake of it I have found no use for it. There is no height or tilt adjust for the driver seat. getting in and out your rub against the steering (even when steering tilt is always set at the highest point)

3. There is not much storage space around the driver, those cubbyholes, place for mobile, water bottle, sun glass... this is a big pain on a daily basis.

I am sure you would have heard about the plastic quality and the fit and finish of the dash where you will see a lot of gaps that's all there and makes you feel the car is not VFM

4. Service center experience (perhaps my perception): service advisors not very professional and not knowledgeable. Except for one incident there is nothing to complain as such, but after being used to service you get at Hyundai, these guys sound like they have catching up to do.

That one incident is, the day I took the delivery and for about 10 months my scorpio used to stand like it had tilt, I had asked several of them to fix it without any luck, they denied it, ignored it, said nothing can be done, until I met a mechanic who understood the issue and fixed it by adjusting the front Shock absorbers (which I suppose is available on only 4x4s)

this list can go one but these I think are the ones that will impact everyone...

So will I recommend it to anybody?
Yes for the engine & AT gear box, no for everything else especially after looking at Duster & XUV.

Last edited by ajitkumarlb : 1st April 2013 at 18:51.
ajitkumarlb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 14:54   #22
BHPian

Ajit - Glad to hear about your Scorpio. Could you tell me what is the FE you are getting in Bangalore City drive?

Also, have you heard of the new Auto gear box from Bosch for Scorpio?
Old 17th October 2013, 20:42   #23
BHPian

Anand,

I have a log for both reserve to reserve and refill to refill, each gives different figure 8 in one case and 10 in another. so I take it as 9 per liter...

Thing to note is I don't usually drive in the peak Bangalore traffic, I have adjusted my work hour to avoid traffic, so in bumper to bumper traffic it would probably be less.

On the Bosch AT box, I have read about it once, did not pursue it further, will try to find out more.
Old 31st August 2014, 14:59   #24
BHPian

Hi Ajit,

Long time no update!

Been searching for a long term review for the Scorpio AT 4wd but could not find in the Thread search. Found yours using Google finally.

I am on a lookout for a good 4wd car under 8 lacs to be used primarily on the highway and found one 2011 Scorpio VLX AT 4wd done around 75k Kms. Cant find a better package in my budget.

Would you recommend me to go for it? Would the AT last me another lac or so Kms I plan to use this car for?

I have recently sold my 2009 Xylo after 5 years of 'close to bad' ownership experience. So am used to the kind of unprofessional ASS experience at Mahindra.

If these quality related niggles are kept aside, would you recommend it?

Thanks and Regards
Vinay
Old 1st September 2014, 09:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
I am on a lookout for a good 4wd car under 8 lacs to be used primarily on the highway and found one 2011 Scorpio VLX AT 4wd done around 75k Kms. Cant find a better package in my budget.

Would you recommend me to go for it? Would the AT last me another lac or so Kms I plan to use this car for?
If these quality related niggles are kept aside, would you recommend it?
The Scorpio is good enough for 150-160K, after which the ASC recommend major engine works. When you sell it after a coupleof years, you will hardly get 3-4 lacs. It will last 75K - 100K more, depending on the service history of the current owner.

There are'nt much issues reported with the AT and if we replace the AT fluid & service it periodically, it will work as good as new. It is to be noted that it is rumoured that M&M are working on a new supplier for AT boxes, expected to span Xylo-Scorpio-XUV5OO. Service will NOT be an issue at all

if AT is not a must, Please buy a new 4X4 Scorpio LX anyday for a little money more than 8 lacs.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 12:33   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The Scorpio is good enough for 150-160K, after which the ASC recommend major engine works. When you sell it after a coupleof years, you will hardly get 3-4 lacs. It will last 75K - 100K more, depending on the service history of the current owner.

There are'nt much issues reported with the AT and if we replace the AT fluid & service it periodically, it will work as good as new. It is to be noted that it is rumoured that M&M are working on a new supplier for AT boxes, expected to span Xylo-Scorpio-XUV5OO. Service will NOT be an issue at all

if AT is not a must, Please buy a new 4X4 Scorpio LX anyday for a little money more than 8 lacs.
Dear Bharath,

Thanks for sharing the insight.

My original requirement was a 4wd highway cruiser as the application would be 90% highway shuttle between Bangalore and our farm near Goa. ABS and Airbags are an added bonus which I cannot get in a 4wd LX even if I stretch my budget that much. Going for a new VLX 4wd is out of question unfortunately. Going for a new Thar is another option but the safety kit and closed cabin is what's pulling me towards this car.

After searching for Boleros, Campers and even old LCs on the net, found this AT vehicle available with a dealer nearby and am only apprehensive about going for an AT. Still would prefer the straightforward manual if I can get one as ATs have their own drawbacks.

Thanks agian!

PS: Would want to hear from the horses mouth (read Ajit) about how the AT performs over time.

Regards
Vinay

Last edited by vinayrathore : 1st September 2014 at 12:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks