Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2011, 16:50   #16
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !

Wow.. That was pretty quick. Congrats on the first ever Skoda Rapid on Team BHP.

It is hard to imagine what all you were doing in those "5 hours".

Pics buddy?
Old 23rd November 2011, 18:09   #17
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Rapid,

What was even more incredible is the speed of decision and the processing of loans etc.

You ofcourse owe us a detailed review and snaps and have to go a lot beyound the buying experience.

Being among the first owners of this car you are sure to get a lot of admiring and curious glaces on the road.
Old 23rd November 2011, 18:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post

“Ofcourse Yes”, came an enthusiastic reply. Next 5 hrs were busiest of any day, loan applied, approvals taken, deposited margin money and got the DD/Pay order, PDI done and delivery taken, all happened very quickly indeed, or should I aptly say Rapid-ly
Congrats Turbo Head!Truly Rapid process throughout; Decision to Delivery. The Rapid does make a lot of sense at the price point when compared to Vento, Verna and new Fiesta diesels.

How were you allowed to post ownership report without photos? Do that RAPIDly too.
Old 23rd November 2011, 19:08   #19
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Turbo Head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Ride is one of the best in class, it eats small and medium potholes for breakfast and lunch and rumble strips for dinner. My mother who was on the rear seats exclaimed it doesn’t drives, it glides. Power-plant with 104 thoroughbreds and 250 Nm torque is adequate for my kind of drive. Rear seat legroom is again adequate, though large floor tunnel makes it uncomfortable for the third passenger.

One very important thing worth mentioning here is excellent NVH charterstics shown by this oil burner is exceptional. I can confidently say, it is one of the most silent Diesels I have ever driven (keeping propeller/concentric circles and 3 point stars out of the league). Barring some very irritating vibrations omnipresent on clutch pedal, same were also prominently noticed on Vento as well.

Fuel gauge has not nudged even after 200+kms, so expecting very frugal drives ahead. With 55ltr of tank expect very good range for highways. (avg. reading in MID says its 21+kmpl so far)
I am very glad to note that your views are exactly matching our test drive experience in the pre-production cars.

It is a thoroughly enjoyable car, you are going to have a great time with it. The ride comfort above 40kmph made even a SUV owner like me go green with envy.
Old 23rd November 2011, 19:28   #20
BHPian

congrats once again turbohead. how did you manage to get all the mentioned things done in 5hrs (especially the loan formalities and approvals and the PDI!!!). please update on the process in detail and of course the quintessential snaps of the "all new skoda rapid". stop drooling and start posting turbohead!
Old 23rd November 2011, 20:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Turbohead congrats on your rapidly delivered Rapid.
With such a good review how can you miss on the photos. Waiting for the photos. Has Skoda providing Skoda shield on Rapid and have you purchased it? Is Skoda offering any extended warranty like VW on its Vento with its 2+2 yrs, as Skoda's after sales are not that good.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 23rd November 2011 at 20:43.
Old 23rd November 2011, 20:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! The very first Rapid to be delivered to a bhpian i presume ? Congrats and wish you many safe miles in your new car!

I'm sure you're a man who hates to delay things quick delivery, even quicker ownership report! Rapid is sure to serve you well for many years, just take care of her and i'm sure she'll never disappoint.

PS: No report is complete without pics, so please post a few asap!
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:41   #23
BHPian

Congratulations !!!
I will track this thread for all your initial ownership reports. I had gone to Skoda showroom last week end to check out the Rapid. Loved the rear leg room, comfort of all the seats and pricing. Unfortunately i could not get a test drive , will try this week end.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd November 2011 at 21:53. Reason: Removing [Font] tag, avoid copy pasting from external font editor. Also do a Preview before posting. Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:42   #24
BHPian

Congrats on the buy!

It is a very good product...And the color choice you made is spot on. CB suits the Rapid best!

I have a few questions, hope you can help;

What is the coverage(Kms/Years) of the skoda shield?

Any discounts? (Since you were in touch with the owner/ You can PM me if you like)

How is the pickup when compared to the cruze? (Both are in different leagues still)

How is the handling of the vehicle? Since you have owned a swift I am eagerly awaiting to hear about the FTD factor.

Lastly: Where are the pics? (I am expecting loads of them since yours is the first one, don't leave out a single angle)

PS: Thanks in advance and enjoy the RAPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Skoda Shield covers 2+2 years/1,00,000 kms...
Anshuman, It would be good to know about your take on the Rapid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Unwanted advice - make the service advisor at the workshop your best friend.

Last edited by Furebo : 23rd November 2011 at 22:12.
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:48   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

well done
this is an excellent car indeed - I saw it last week and frankly had I been in the market for a standard car, I would have definitely bought the Rapid. excellent choice made there! all the best.

Your Skoda Shield should give you 4 years 100K Kms warranty based on whichever comes earlier.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:50   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
What is the coverage(Kms/Years) of the skoda shield?
Skoda Shield covers 2+2 years/1,00,000 kms. The last 2 years are covered by Bajaj Allianz insurance. Bajaj Allianz also covers BMW's maintenance plans.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:52   #27
BHPian

Congrats, that was really a "RAPID" delivery
Which model have you bought and how much did it cost OTR.
Awaiting for review and picture.

Last edited by ankurvirmani19 : 23rd November 2011 at 21:53. Reason: edit
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Turbo Head, now Rapid can be bought online, via the Skoda website and car will be delivered to your doorstep. Follow the link for more info.BookRapid Skoda Auto -
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:56   #29
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Congrats buddy for being the first proud owner of Rapid on tbhp.

Like quite a few others, I was amazed by how you managed all formalities of a loan in flat 5 hours.

Don't keep us waiting for the pics.

Enjoy and drive safe!
Old 23rd November 2011, 22:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

This is indeed a nice car. What was the OTR price in Gurgaon ? I am assuming as you mentioned Giriraj Motors.

The Skodas are built to last. They have a great ride, and absolutely no reason to be much different than the European Cousins.

I am sure it will last long & well..

Unwanted advice - make the service advisor at the workshop your best friend.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks