Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 08:14   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !

Simply gorgeous! I can't believe VW went and made the little sibling hotter than the older one. I feel like am stuck with a Vento now

The HU is great looking and has much more functionality than my (pre-refresh) Vento. The exteriors looks fantastic- very baby Lauraish but not a cheap knockoff by any standards! Everything else is so damn familiar, if you know what I mean!

Congrats on a great car- this could potentially be a much better option than the Vento for a lot of people thanks to everything I mentioned above PLUS the extra variants. VW may as well kill its Trendline range now that Skoda has that end so perfectly covered!
Old 25th November 2011, 08:44   #62
BHPian

Excellent choice Turbo Head! Love that colour. Not sure whether its available on Vento!
The front is awesome especially the curve going through the side panel-head lamp and front grill! VW have done an excellent job here.
Do share more pics of the beauty.
Old 25th November 2011, 08:55   #63
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the buy!

It appears Skoda and their dealers are getting aggressive to diminish the fear in public and be the good boys.

Infact, I did see two Yeti's today morning... which is indeed a rare sight indicating an improvement in the Skoda sales.

I guess its time for brands like Toyota to look back and correct themselves.

Wish you many countless miles!
Old 25th November 2011, 09:54   #64
BHPian

Congratulatios 'Turbohead' on buying Rapid and being first in this forum.

From last one year I have been looking for Diesel sedans in the C segment, there were new cars being launched one after the other. My heart really goes for Optra Magnum just for its sheer performance and rear seat comfort, though its a ageing car.

Now this new avatar is really tempting to go for, plans to take a test drive during this weekend.

Cheers,
Raps
Old 25th November 2011, 09:58   #65
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Turbo, lovely color and those milage's that you have been getting is WoW!!.
Old 25th November 2011, 10:20   #66
BHPian

Just an update, I got tankful before starting for my Gwalior trip and odo read 250kms. The tank was shown full (not even a single bar down) till I reached outskirts of Gwalior. Please mind I started my journey at 9am from Delhi and took 3 hrs to beat the traffic of Delhi/Faridabad.

Want more, check this out :
511kms - 250 kms = 261 kms done and still good for another 1040 kms

That makes 1301 kms of range, divide it by 55ltr makes 23kmpl and the car has not yet completed its run-in period. Are we looking at new mileage champ here ?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !-img2011112400116.jpg  

Turbo Head is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 10:38   #67
Senior - BHPian

I would still recommend the tankful-tankful method for measuring the FE. Many times, the car ECU does not take the idle time/fuel waste in consideration. Even if the car returns you 18-20 kmpl, its still by far a good figure for a car of this size
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 11:39   #68
BHPian

[quote=
That makes 1301 kms of range, divide it by 55ltr makes 23kmpl and the car has not yet completed its run-in period. Are we looking at new mileage champ here ?[/quote]

These figures look promising. I have high hopes for the full tank-to-tank test too. I agree with neoonwheels, a mileage of 18-20 will be brilliant.
Old 25th November 2011, 12:21   #69
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Rapid seems to be a marathon runner. How are you able click snaps in the airport. In chennai they will literally push you after the car doors are closed.
Old 27th November 2011, 12:25   #70
BHPian

I was looking at the Rapid mid variant as a VFM option.....Here are my observations
even the top end variant, Elegance does not have the following
1. Parking sensors
2. Steering mounted audio controls

Ambition (mid variant) costs just above 10L in Bangalore. Whereas the Elegance is just above 11.2 L. When compared to Elegance it misses the following (I have only listed items I need most):
1. alloys - can be done at a later stage
2. Music system - I don’t mind buying a pioneer HU and a Pioneer steering mounted remote.
3. Electrically controlled ORVMs - can this be fitted as a Skoda accessory?

When looking at the above features and a cost difference of approximately 1.2L, does Ambition sound like VFM?
OR
Does it make more sense to stretch the budget and go for Elegance?
Old 29th November 2011, 10:19   #71
BHPian

Turbo Head, where are you? Haven't seen you around here since Friday. I have been eagerly checking this thread by the hour for more updates and pics from your end. The Rapid effect huh?! Please take a rapid break and post a rapid update.
Old 29th November 2011, 12:28   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I was looking at the Rapid mid variant as a VFM option.....Here are my observations
================
Does it make more sense to stretch the budget and go for Elegance?
I choose the Ambition over Elegance for the following reasons

1) Rear Passenger Airbags, Climate Controls, Parking Sensors dont matter to me.

For me it was not about saving 1.2 Laks..I was taking a 4 yr loan and in this scenario, the 1.2 laks is not going to change the EMI a lot. I wanted to spend the 1.2 Laks on superior upgrades.

The music system that comes with the elegance is very basic and SQ is fair to say the least. For 35k you can have a great ICE setup. Id use the stock tyres till they are worn out and then upgrade to alloys and 15 inch tyres. That should set me back by another 50k. I would like to buy a good reverse camera. I feel this is better than sensors as they tend to miss objects which are below the bumpe'sr line of sight. Steering mounted control is a nice to have in this segment but I can live without it. My hands are long enough to reach the HU easily and usually I would ask my co passenger to operate it :-) OVRM and Climate control is not a deal breaker for me. For City driving, I usually dont use the OVRM. It gets knocked out in just a matter of days. And on the highways, Once I set it up right once, there is never a need to change it. And in Chennai, we set our A/C at max and wish for more cooling considering we have 4 seasons of summer.

If I was not going to make these upgrades and just drive the car the way it is, then I will for sure go for the Elegance. I think for 1.2 Laks..you do get a fair amount of equipment.

But at the end of the day, you decide what is VFM for you.
ajitmoses is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 13:04   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitmoses View Post
The music system that comes with the elegance is very basic and SQ is fair to say the least. For 35k you can have a great ICE setup.
Id use the stock tyres till they are worn out and then upgrade to alloys and 15 inch tyres.
I would like to buy a good reverse camera. I feel this is better than sensors as they tend to miss objects which are below the bumpe'sr line of sight.
OVRM and Climate control is not a deal breaker for me. For City driving, I usually dont use the OVRM.
I agree on the music system, alloys and climate control.
ORVMs, i would love to have the electrically operated ones, will be useful in tight parking spots. I hope this can be upgraded.
I take your point on reverse camera. Though i have not used one, it does sound that camera might be better than sensors.
Do reverse cameras provide enough visibility in the night? do the rear fog lamps suffice?
Old 29th November 2011, 13:19   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
That makes 1301 kms of range, divide it by 55ltr makes 23kmpl and the car has not yet completed its run-in period. Are we looking at new mileage champ here ?
Congrats on the buy Turbo Head. Whoa! That mileage is jaw-dropping!! The car looks wonderful. Do post some more pics. Wishing you many more wonderful miles. Drive Safe.
Old 29th November 2011, 15:52   #75

Congrats !!

Rapid seems promising, could you please confirm the service intervals of the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks