Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2011, 17:24   #76
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Also it gives you sufficient punch to give you goosebumps from 2500 rpm onwards.
I know that I am rephrasing my question (I have not been able to get a TD so far), But how different is this feeling that that of the punch delivered in the Cruze.

Thanks in Advance,

Furebo
Old 29th November 2011, 17:38   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
I know that I am rephrasing my question (I have not been able to get a TD so far), But how different is this feeling that that of the punch delivered in the Cruze.

Thanks in Advance,

Furebo
The punch in Cruze is more than Rapid, but the initial turbo lag is almost non existent in Rapid. Cruze is a pain to drive within the city and more so in bumper to bumper traffic. Rapid is a pleasure to take off in.
kumarsiddhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 17:56   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Skoda Shield covers 2+2 years/1,00,000 kms. The last 2 years are covered by Bajaj Allianz insurance. Bajaj Allianz also covers BMW's maintenance plans.
Anshuman, I have been unable to figure the Bajaj Allianz deal with Skoda. The first year insurance Skoda Shield + Skoda Assure is with Bajaj Allianz. At the end of the first if I were to shift to another insurance company will it impact 4 year warranty in any way.
Old 29th November 2011, 23:04   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_k007 View Post
Congrats !!

Rapid seems promising, could you please confirm the service intervals of the car.

I have booked Rapid and as per my sales guy, the service interval is 15K Kms. He also mentioned that there will be 2 free checkups at 7500 Kms and 22500 Kms. Also, the service at 15K and 30K are free. Not sure whether to believe him or not
Old 30th November 2011, 02:34   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitmoses View Post
1) Rear Passenger Airbags, Climate Controls, Parking Sensors dont matter to me.

For me it was not about saving 1.2 Laks..I was taking a 4 yr loan and in this scenario, the 1.2 laks is not going to change the EMI a lot. I wanted to spend the 1.2 Laks on superior upgrades.

But at the end of the day, you decide what is VFM for you.
What you mean by rear passenger airbags? There are no curtain airbags in the Elegance as well. I thought what's missing in the Ambition trim is the front passenger airbag.
Old 30th November 2011, 11:46   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
What you mean by rear passenger airbags? There are no curtain airbags in the Elegance as well. I thought what's missing in the Ambition trim is the front passenger airbag.
My apologies. It was a typo. I meant the Front Passenger Airbags. Thanks for pointing out.
Old 30th November 2011, 18:54   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps View Post
From last one year I have been looking for Diesel sedans in the C segment, there were new cars being launched one after the other. My heart really goes for Optra Magnum just for its sheer performance and rear seat comfort, though its a ageing car.
That's exactly what I feel. I almost bought the Magnum when I started to notice strong rumors of a 2012 Captiva with a new engine. With the Cruze also in the process of a refresh/update with a new engine, the future of the Magnum remains a huge question.

Looking to buy my first car, and I sure wouldn't mind it being a Skoda. Atleast the initial experiences with the Skoda showroom has been okay so far. Not great, but ok. Just got a little annoyed when the sales guy said he'll arrange for a TD vehicle if I am 100% sure of buying the car. I thought "If I am 100% sure, why the heck would I want to TD it? ".

I might go for the Ambition. This way, I can add the Alloys, speakers, and a HU with USB/Bluetooth to my taste. ACC and MFD are not really priority for me.

Congratulations on your Rapid, Turbo Head. The color really suits the car. Wish you lots of safe and joyful journeys.
Old 30th November 2011, 20:01   #83
BHPian

Any idea if Skoda is planning to offer extended warranty? 2 yrs warranty for a Skoda product appears quite risky.

Also, are there any corporate discounts available like Rs 16K for Vento?
Old 4th December 2011, 09:37   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda Shield (Insurance + 2 Years W+RSA)# : 27778

# (W-Warranty,RSA-Road Side Assistance, EW not available for Rapid)

This is as per Gurudev Motors, Chennai. Please let me know if this is indeed right or if Extended Warranty is available.

Thanks
Extended Warranty is not available as of now, but the suite should follow and same would be available as it is already there for the rest of the models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations Turbo Head on the Rapid delivery! Awaiting more details, and the ownership review is so incomplete without the mandatory pictures
Thanks vb-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
Congrtas! And welcome to the Veedubh family....

Rapid breathes a spike of fresh air into the Vento and allows VW a new lease of mid variant life. How is the quality of the interior? Is the dash soft plastic?
Thanks !
Quality of the interior is nothing much to complain about, though plastic of the dash could have been better, no it not soft plastic, its rather hard and bit rough. But it looks good in brown and beige combination and chrome inserts further makes it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th!ru View Post
Congrats for the new car, wishing you a happy and safe million miles with it. Are you planning on any mods for the new baby? Please share it with us.

Is the spare wheel an alloy or the same ones as in Ambition variant?
Thanks Th!ru.
Nothing much for the mods, just looking for some good rear view camera, as reversing this beauty is real pain, the rear view is compromised due to high boot and rear headrests. You literally pray that you don't have to reverse it, so please suggest one.
On performance mods, I am eagerly looking forward to a good tuning box, any suggestions will be most welcomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Thanks Turbo Head for this info. I guess its a very sweet deal for you given the heart, bones and muscles of VW and the fine looks of the Skoda you are going to enjoy the car to the fullest, the bonus being the reduced noise levels.
Frankly the only beef I have with my Vento is sometimes the clatter of the engine becomes very high so much so that my wife commented that it sounds like a truck . Anyway I am working with the VW workshop guys to find some solution to it. Keep posting your driving experience with your new beauty.
You are most welcome Samar, hope NVH level of Vento gets reduced and you may have peaceful driving experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
Lovely Car...

Its sure a Rapid delivery.

I must say an awesome choice of Colour. And it definitely looks better than its Twin from the front.
Thanks rajchetan, yup the color is really good, what more my car cleaner refused to accept the fact that it was not clean unless he wiped his fingers against the body, conclusion it doesn't look dirty/soiled in case your regular chhotu (car cleaner) is on leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
That was quick man. Congratulations on your new ride. The color looks real good. Talk about fuel economy!! Some more pics. Ride Safe
Thanks bigron, the car is giving some incredible fuel economy, check out this thread for further updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
This probably is the instantaneous FE. Same as the Vento.
Exactly and equally vague I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Ha ha ha, very well said....
Seems really fuel efficient.

BTW, that Delphi thing with toylike display and telephone chordlike wire looks really horrible in an otherwise beautiful cabin that's trademark skoda - elegant and understated. Get rid of that Delphi.

Cheers!
I understand it looks horrendous, but can't help as I am totally dependent on the same for directions for new sites/places everyday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Turbo Head, I almost called my wife and told her that Im picking up a "Skoda Rapid(ly)" as soon as I saw that bro!!!

Then, I scrolled down by mistake and cut the Call that I would have got thupped on!!!!
Lolz !
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
Congrats TurboHead. The quality of the interiors seems great. 21.6 kpl whoa !

With such a great average and better NVH than the Vento, this one is gonna Rapid ly move out of the Skoda Showrooms
Thanks rxpaul, check out the further updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Congratulations. Looks very "Elegant". I prefer the looks to the Vento. Looks more stately. The interior quality too seems to be nice. All the best.
Thanks Palio, you seems to be a Fiat Fan (Just guessing by your handle), hence your affinity for Vento's looks is natural.
Old 4th December 2011, 10:17   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
21.6 kpl? . Wow. Thats some mileage the cars returning.

Cap Beige looks great on this car as well. My Laura is of the same color. The best part of this color is, even if the car is dirty, it hardly shows .
Unlike, say on a Black or White.

Thanks for the teaser pics. Now, I know what you meant by the "hard" steering and plastics.

Have fun, drive safe and do upload more pics as time permits.
Thanks Swanand Inamdar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Congratulations for the Fantastic car..

Waiting eagerly for the review and first impressions as one of my friends is also keen on buying this car..

Have many Happy Miles with it..
Thanks Rachit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
That's not a big deal with this engine. My first 400kms were mostly on the expressway, a sedated drive(s) at 80-100kmph - I got over 22 kmph if I remember correctly.

The Rapid looks lovely - honestly, I have started liking the front more than that of the Vento. Hopefully the blue color won't be transferred to Rapid too

@TurboHead - being the first Rapid, the onus is on you to put more pics.

Btw is Skoda Shield really at 22k (someone had put up the quote on this thread earlier)? That's pretty high!
That's wonderful mileage I would say.
Skoda shield is currently not offered on Rapid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
congratulation TurboHead for your Rapid. Diesel is the most sensisble choice as it is powerful and fuel efficient at the same time. Really a VFM buy
Thanks Heman
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
Congratulations on your 'Rapid' acquisition.

The front of the car looks better and lot more well integrated/proportioned compared to the Fabia.

Looking forwards to updates of your ownership experience. I might become an owner of the Rapid in the next 6-7 months based on the feedback of Rapid owners.

It looks like if only Skoda can clear up the A.S.S horror stories, the Rapid can go on to becoming a blockbuster. Even at the current price point, I feel it offers much better VFM compared to others. If Honda continues with its supply chain problems, I'm sure a lot of potential Honda City sales will be pushed towards the Rapid.
Thanks vivriti, hope my review will help you in taking your final call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
TurboHead, fantastic FE figures. Lucky you!

Liked the pics and especially the "Rampuri keys" comment!
Thanks SDP, Glad you liked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Wonderful pictures there!

Congratulations on the Rapid.

There's news in today's paper that Rapid has been launched and you already had it yesterday!

The car seems to be a very very good offering from Skoda.

Some more pictures and initial report on handling, car characteristics etc. please.

Have a great ownership period!
Thanks libranof1987.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Congratulations on your Skoda Rapid.

Please share some more pics and Skoda A.S.S.

Wishing you happy and safe driving!
Thanks bluevolt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
Very True, depends under the driving conditions .. I got around 21 kmpl from my Petrol Fluidic Verna earlier this week. I was driving under the most ideal conditions .. 5:00am on the Express highway at 65 - 75 kmph with nearly zero traffic on road ....

Sorry for the bad photo quality ...
21 kmpl for Petrol Verna is really commendable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Now you have me completely hooked. Your car looks beautiful. Have you tried using the SD card slot (I see one plugged in). Is it as convenient as using an USB drive?
Thanks sumeshmani for your kind words, SD card is as good as USB. Currently I am using 2GB card which is almost 90% full, whenever I insert, it instantaneously reads it and start playing your fav nos. So I hardly missed a proper USB slot.
On second thought I guess due to smaller size, its more ergonomic.

Quote:
When I enquired at the showroom, they told me that the spare wheel is not an alloy....
Yes, the spare is normal cast iron 14" rim with higher profile tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Congratulations "TurboHead". Hope the two lil ones are loving the new Skoda as much as you. What about the Red Suzuki, Is she gone? Never knew you had this hidden fetish for German's, or the heart to buy a SKoda with such a famous A.#.#. Really shocked at such a rapid delivery. U must be very well connected to get all formalities done in a few hours.

Btw, when am I getting my test drive of your new possession? You might help me solve my confusion between Swift ZDi and Rapid Elegance ( I know they are poles apart ).
Thanks "ScorpMan", yup indeed lil ones had great time at rear seat, which was compromised in Swift due to other knick-knacks, which now goes into the boot. I always loved Skodas, since a friend got an Octavia (first gen in 1999). Till date the same friend has bought 13 Skodas in family and never had any issues with any of the cars (Including Octavia/Laura/Superb). This indeed gave me much needed confidence in their product. Red Suzuki is doing duty for the home ministry, for TD do meet soon !!
Quote:
I have a query, does the Rapid also come with a service position for its wipers like the vento does.
I not really sure what you mean by "service position", You can lift only one viper, when bonnet is closed.
Quote:
If you read the review word by word, it states that the spare wheel is non alloy and it also a 14 inch tyre.
Thanks for pointing ajitmoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Wow!! Thats incredibly 'Rapid'! Congratulations on your buy. This surely is one of the best diesel sedans available.

And happy to hear all the positive comments you made about the car itself. NVH, mileage, looks, etc etc all are big a positive!

And as commented earlier, pls get yourself a Skoda Shield and make the SE your best friend. Can go a long way!

Wishing you many more wonderful miles with the car. Please be sure to post some detailed pics and your driving experiences.
Thanks flyingkolors, will surely do the needful once I get free from monthly closings and other office related formalities. As for Skoda Shield, its not offered as of now.
Old 4th December 2011, 10:27   #86
BHPian

Update : This is what I am getting on the routine commute to my office (from Delhi to Gurgaon).

Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !-img2011120100128.jpg

Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !-img2011120400129.jpg

Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !-img2011120400130.jpg

Tata Indica Xeta is finally met its competitor (in terms of mileage ofcourse), what next a Diesel Nano.

PS: Please note the run for not intended for obtaining max mileage, it was regular commute at sedate and consistent speed (70-80 kmph), courtsey speed check enroute.

Last edited by Turbo Head : 4th December 2011 at 10:28.
Old 4th December 2011, 10:43   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai View Post
Anshuman, I have been unable to figure the Bajaj Allianz deal with Skoda. The first year insurance Skoda Shield + Skoda Assure is with Bajaj Allianz. At the end of the first if I were to shift to another insurance company will it impact 4 year warranty in any way.
Skoda Shield is extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year, payable with initial insurance amount. AFAIK Skoda Assure is zero depreciation plan valid till first year's insurance expires. If you move to some other insurance company for second year's insurance, Skoda Shield will remain valid. They also have some maintenance plan which they offer along with discounts mostly at year end, not sure what they call it.

@Turbohead- Sorry for dragging your thread offtopic.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2011, 11:44   #88
Senior - BHPian

25 KMPL. Are you serious ? This i got to see in person !
Old 4th December 2011, 13:29   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Simply gorgeous! I can't believe VW went and made the little sibling hotter than the older one. I feel like am stuck with a Vento now

The HU is great looking and has much more functionality than my (pre-refresh) Vento. The exteriors looks fantastic- very baby Lauraish but not a cheap knockoff by any standards! Everything else is so damn familiar, if you know what I mean!

Congrats on a great car- this could potentially be a much better option than the Vento for a lot of people thanks to everything I mentioned above PLUS the extra variants. VW may as well kill its Trendline range now that Skoda has that end so perfectly covered!
Thanks noopster, I can very well understand what you mean by similarity/familiar, Vento is again a very potent car and was my only choice if not Rapid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Excellent choice Turbo Head! Love that colour. Not sure whether its available on Vento!
The front is awesome especially the curve going through the side panel-head lamp and front grill! VW have done an excellent job here.
Do share more pics of the beauty.
Thanks C300, no I guess the color is not available with Vento. Same thing which blew me away from Vento to Rapid instantaneously were the looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Congratulations on the buy!

It appears Skoda and their dealers are getting aggressive to diminish the fear in public and be the good boys.

Infact, I did see two Yeti's today morning... which is indeed a rare sight indicating an improvement in the Skoda sales.

I guess its time for brands like Toyota to look back and correct themselves.

Wish you many countless miles!
Thanks Nitin, sales are buying experience is flawless, its the *** which has to be tightened up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps View Post
Congratulatios 'Turbohead' on buying Rapid and being first in this forum.

From last one year I have been looking for Diesel sedans in the C segment, there were new cars being launched one after the other. My heart really goes for Optra Magnum just for its sheer performance and rear seat comfort, though its a ageing car.

Now this new avatar is really tempting to go for, plans to take a test drive during this weekend.

Cheers,
Raps
Thanks Raps, yes it indeed deserves a through TD. Though it doesn't have the rear seating comfort of Magnum but still its more than one can ask for. Its utmost comfortable for 4 adults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats Turbo, lovely color and those milage's that you have been getting is WoW!!.
Thanks motomaverick, I hope more Wows will follow the suite with the latest updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I would still recommend the tankful-tankful method for measuring the FE. Many times, the car ECU does not take the idle time/fuel waste in consideration. Even if the car returns you 18-20 kmpl, its still by far a good figure for a car of this size
Exactly my take, however it is still exceeding my expectations. Check for updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Rapid seems to be a marathon runner. How are you able click snaps in the airport. In chennai they will literally push you after the car doors are closed.
With 50+ ltrs and incredible mileage, yes it indeed is a marathon runner.

I came to drop off my mom at T3 and helping her with the boarding procedure as this was her first international trip (that too all alone), hence a personal request to security personals did help.

Quote:
I was looking at the Rapid mid variant as a VFM option.....Here are my observations
even the top end variant, Elegance does not have the following
1. Parking sensors
2. Steering mounted audio controls

Ambition (mid variant) costs just above 10L in Bangalore. Whereas the Elegance is just above 11.2 L. When compared to Elegance it misses the following (I have only listed items I need most):
1. alloys - can be done at a later stage
2. Music system - I don’t mind buying a pioneer HU and a Pioneer steering mounted remote.
3. Electrically controlled ORVMs - can this be fitted as a Skoda accessory?

When looking at the above features and a cost difference of approximately 1.2L, does Ambition sound like VFM?
OR
Does it make more sense to stretch the budget and go for Elegance?
My vote for Elegance, reason you cannot get Electrically controlled ORVMs, and other smaller tits-bits, also alloys/Music system/Climate Control/Passenger Airbag/MID etc are again worth spending money on this beauty. Take the pinch once and you will have no regrets later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
Turbo Head, where are you? Haven't seen you around here since Friday. I have been eagerly checking this thread by the hour for more updates and pics from your end. The Rapid effect huh?! Please take a rapid break and post a rapid update.
Buddy, my apologies for the delay, I am working towards the month end closings and hence busy in routine work. Should be able to give you better sneak peak, once free from usual mess.
Thanks for looking into the thread and being patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
Congrats on the buy Turbo Head. Whoa! That mileage is jaw-dropping!! The car looks wonderful. Do post some more pics. Wishing you many more wonderful miles. Drive Safe.
Thanks a*ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_k007 View Post
Congrats !!

Rapid seems promising, could you please confirm the service intervals of the car.
Thanks abhi_k007, service interval is 15,000 kms. as it uses fully synthetic oil.
Old 4th December 2011, 13:46   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post

Thanks in Advance,

Furebo
The effect is slightly lesser, however still good for daily drive, I am looking for good tuning box to compensate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
The punch in Cruze is more than Rapid, but the initial turbo lag is almost non existent in Rapid. Cruze is a pain to drive within the city and more so in bumper to bumper traffic. Rapid is a pleasure to take off in.
Exactly my view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishanth.shegde View Post
I have booked Rapid and as per my sales guy, the service interval is 15K Kms. He also mentioned that there will be 2 free checkups at 7500 Kms and 22500 Kms. Also, the service at 15K and 30K are free. Not sure whether to believe him or not
Why not to believe ? Its mentioned in the service booklet, isn't it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0lf View Post
That's exactly what I feel. I almost bought the Magnum when I started to notice strong rumors of a 2012 Captiva with a new engine. With the Cruze also in the process of a refresh/update with a new engine, the future of the Magnum remains a huge question.

Looking to buy my first car, and I sure wouldn't mind it being a Skoda. Atleast the initial experiences with the Skoda showroom has been okay so far. Not great, but ok. Just got a little annoyed when the sales guy said he'll arrange for a TD vehicle if I am 100% sure of buying the car. I thought "If I am 100% sure, why the heck would I want to TD it? ".

I might go for the Ambition. This way, I can add the Alloys, speakers, and a HU with USB/Bluetooth to my taste. ACC and MFD are not really priority for me.

Congratulations on your Rapid, Turbo Head. The color really suits the car. Wish you lots of safe and joyful journeys.
Thanks w0lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jods View Post
Any idea if Skoda is planning to offer extended warranty? 2 yrs warranty for a Skoda product appears quite risky.

Also, are there any corporate discounts available like Rs 16K for Vento?
Corporate discount is as per Skoda policy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks