Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2012, 11:32   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Germans are known for their thirst and their cars are no exception.

Rapid taking tankful

Attachment 1012463
Haha. I always suspected the Rapid's full tank capacity from almost bone dry will be in the region of 61-62 lit. Thanks to you now I have proof.
I hope this is from a trusted fuel pump, else could be a case of tampering.
Old 9th November 2012, 13:19   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Haha. I always suspected the Rapid's full tank capacity from almost bone dry will be in the region of 61-62 lit. Thanks to you now I have proof.
I hope this is from a trusted fuel pump, else could be a case of tampering.
Yup the pump is very much trusted in terms of quality as well as quantity.
Infact there has been more than single instance when I have topped it 60+ ltrs, only that I remembered to captured it this time
Old 24th April 2013, 12:52   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Infact there has been more than single instance when I have topped it 60+ ltrs, only that I remembered to captured it this time
Are you sure that the tank can hold 60+ liters? The official skoda website states the diesel tank capacity to be 55 liters. Hope you are not being short fuelled?

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/R...n#.UXZwbqJFncA

Last edited by ku69rd : 24th April 2013 at 12:53. Reason: Inserted the link
Old 26th April 2013, 08:35   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post

Are you sure that the tank can hold 60+ liters? The official skoda website states the diesel tank capacity to be 55 liters. Hope you are not being short fuelled?

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/R...n#.UXZwbqJFncA
Yes I am 100% sure about the quantity as the same has been measured umpteen no. of times (I never take anything less than tankful), also 60+ltrs has been taken at least a dozen times from various bunks in Delhi, who have good repute.
Old 26th April 2013, 08:42   #125
BHPian

However my Laura struggles taking anything more than 50 ltrs.

Courtesy the air release switch inside the fuel intake point, which releases all the air/vapours inside the fuel tank and miraculously increases the capacity.

It is sorely missing in Laura.
Old 29th April 2013, 14:23   #126
BHPian

Hey turbo head. I had also recently bought a Rapid Elegance. The car runs good overall, but in the city, I find the clutch too hard and after a 1-2 hr drive in peak hour city traffic, the left leg hurts a lot. I got the clutch replaced by skoda, but still i am not happy with it. Do you also experience the same problem ??
Old 29th April 2013, 14:44   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven_x View Post
Hey turbo head. I had also recently bought a Rapid Elegance. The car runs good overall, but in the city, I find the clutch too hard and after a 1-2 hr drive in peak hour city traffic, the left leg hurts a lot. I got the clutch replaced by skoda, but still i am not happy with it. Do you also experience the same problem ??
Deven that seems to be the issue with your particular car only, as I never faced (thankfully) and clutch related issues (heaviness, slip etc.) so far. Ditto with few more friends who own the same car.

I would advice you to make noise at Skoda ASS, also consider changing the workshop if its not working for you.
Old 29th April 2013, 15:52   #128
BHPian

hmm... i have spoken to the Skoda ASS. After a long argument they did change it, but it is still pretty hard. Ll go have another talk with em.. Cause my car has hardly done any kilometers on em, and the clutch is starting to get very annoying.
Old 7th July 2013, 02:24   #129
BHPian

Quote:
hmm... i have spoken to the Skoda ASS. After a long argument they did change it, but it is still pretty hard. Ll go have another talk with em.. Cause my car has hardly done any kilometers on em, and the clutch is starting to get very annoying.
Deven any update of your car ? Is the issue of heaviness of clutch resolved ?
How many kms have you done so far ? Any other issues with your car ?
Old 8th July 2013, 14:25   #130
BHPian

hey,

I did have an argument with the service manager when the car had run about 4200 Kms. They finally did replace the clutch but the clutch I feel is still heavy compared the other diesel cars at home. At present the car has done 8100 Kms.
Apart from this, another issue that popped up was that while driving suddenly the ABS indicator used to blink. If I switched off the ignition and started the car again, it would go but would come up again after some time. Skoda did agree to replace it, but at present they dont have it in stock. So waiting for that.
I also recently noticed that my fog lights also fog up a lot. Going to be visiting skoda in a few days to get it checked out.
Old 14th July 2013, 11:38   #131
BHPian

Quote:
hey,

I did have an argument with the service manager when the car had run about 4200 Kms. They finally did replace the clutch but the clutch I feel is still heavy compared the other diesel cars at home. At present the car has done 8100 Kms.
Apart from this, another issue that popped up was that while driving suddenly the ABS indicator used to blink. If I switched off the ignition and started the car again, it would go but would come up again after some time. Skoda did agree to replace it, but at present they dont have it in stock. So waiting for that.
I also recently noticed that my fog lights also fog up a lot. Going to be visiting skoda in a few days to get it checked out.
These are whole lot of problems, sorry to know that you have been facing such and ordeal. Keep bothering Skoda officials day in and out and shoot mails to the highest possible authorities till your job is satisfactorily done.

Thankfully I am having absolutely trouble free ownership from both the winged arrows so far (fingers crossed ).
Old 19th July 2013, 22:21   #132
BHPian

Quote:
These are whole lot of problems, sorry to know that you have been facing such and ordeal. Keep bothering Skoda officials day in and out and shoot mails to the highest possible authorities till your job is satisfactorily done.

Thankfully I am having absolutely trouble free ownership from both the winged arrows so far (fingers crossed ).
Yeah, thats the POA. In regard to the fog light they said that there is a procedure called TPI. They have resolved the issue under the guidance of that. My ABS sensor has finally arrived. It had arrived 2 months back, but the service manager never informed the guy in charge of my car. Anycase all these issues are resolved (Hopefully) . I shall be picking up my car tom.

Regarding the clutch, they were like, use the car a bit more and then we 'll see what can be done. Probably after its done a few more, it might not be so hard.

Fingers Crossed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks