Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2011, 18:59   #91
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
As promised some teaser pics
Very nice pictures mate, thanks a bunch - and Congratulations! The first Rapid in the forum!

I just got my 'candy white' Rapid 1.6 TDI Elegance yesterday evening (just posted pics on my other thread), and I'm loving every moment of it
Old 5th December 2011, 16:11   #92
BHPian

Quote:
The effect is slightly lesser, however still good for daily drive, I am looking for good tuning box to compensate.

Exactly my view.

Why not to believe ? Its mentioned in the service booklet, isn't it ?

Thanks w0lf

Corporate discount is as per Skoda policy.

Haven't taken the delivery yet and so don't have the service booklet. Great to hear that its mentioned in the booklet. Thanks for the confirmation. I somehow don't believe these sales guys as they promise something and in the end they back off making somebody else scapegoat. Congrats for the getting the car.
Old 6th December 2011, 08:01   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
Very nice pictures mate, thanks a bunch - and Congratulations! The first Rapid in the forum!

I just got my 'candy white' Rapid 1.6 TDI Elegance yesterday evening (just posted pics on my other thread), and I'm loving every moment of it
Thanks and Heartiest Congratulations buddy, I am sure you will enjoy every moment with the car. I will go through your first impressions in your thread and will share my views as well.

Wish you millions of Happy and Safe miles ahead.
Old 6th December 2011, 08:29   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Update : This is what I am getting on the routine commute to my office (from Delhi to Gurgaon).
PS: Please note the run for not intended for obtaining max mileage, it was regular commute at sedate and consistent speed (70-80 kmph), courtsey speed check enroute.
Holy moly. Dude, do you only do NH8 at off peak hours? I can't even imagine that kind of a mileage ever at any hour . From my experience Delhi-Gurgaon has pretty good traffic at most times and it seems like your in-city runs within traffic is absolutely negligible. Do describe if you can your route a wee bit.

Otherwise dude, you have a winner which is going to spank the living daylights of India's most fuel efficient car .
Old 6th December 2011, 08:41   #95
BHPian

Samarjit, I follow ring road (Pitampura to Dhaula Kuan) and then take NH8 for further journey, the traffic is very much present, however I do start bit early in the morning (to beat the rush hour) and leave a bit late for the obvious reasons. Also I restrict my speed to 70 kmph till Gurgaon toll (courtsey speed check by Delhi Police) and 80-90 kmph post toll.

Still getting anything above 20kmpl on the commute is commendable for any car, heck its running cost is even lesser than most of the premium bikes !
Old 6th December 2011, 08:55   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Still getting anything above 20kmpl on the commute is commendable for any car, heck its running cost is even lesser than most of the premium bikes !

Turbo Head you Said it Dude.

Imagine Power of a Sedan, Space of a Sedan, Snob of a Sedan but Running cost of a Bike.....Hmm did I just Rip Off some Tag line here !!
Old 6th December 2011, 13:27   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

BTW, why is the extended warranty not offered on the Rapid?
Or did I misread the post?
Old 11th December 2011, 15:06   #98
BHPian

After amazing mileage figures I am craving for some more power from 1.6L heart and contemplating to go for a Spider Tuning Box and K&N stock replacement filter. Entire package will give a boost of 15-20 BHP and 50-70 Nm torque with a dent of 30K.

What is your take on this ? Experts please advice !
Old 11th December 2011, 23:57   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Samarjit, I follow ring road (Pitampura to Dhaula Kuan) and then take NH8 for further journey, the traffic is very much present, however I do start bit early in the morning (to beat the rush hour) and leave a bit late for the obvious reasons. Also I restrict my speed to 70 kmph till Gurgaon toll (courtsey speed check by Delhi Police) and 80-90 kmph post toll.

Do you use the A/C full time. I am curious about how effective is the A/C for front and rear passengers. The rear A/C vent is one of the extra features Rapid has when compare to most of its competition....is it as ineffective as mentioned in the review?
It sure seems to be easy on the engine when looking at these mileage figures.

Last edited by sumeshmani : 12th December 2011 at 00:02.
Old 12th December 2011, 00:00   #100
BHPian

Quote:
After amazing mileage figures I am craving for some more power from 1.6L heart and contemplating to go for a Spider Tuning Box and K&N stock replacement filter. Entire package will give a boost of 15-20 BHP and 50-70 Nm torque with a dent of 30K.

Pardon me if this question sounds too basic, i may not have noticed the answer on other posts. Does using a tuning box void the warranty?
The gains seem to be tremendous, what are the strings attached
Old 14th December 2011, 11:01   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Pardon me if this question sounds too basic, i may not have noticed the answer on other posts. Does using a tuning box void the warranty?
The gains seem to be tremendous, what are the strings attached
The tuning box is a plug and play solution. The car returns to the stock mapping once you remove it hence I do not see a reason why the warranty will be void.
Old 14th December 2011, 12:34   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Well the Spider box is supposed to be advanced, but I would recommend Petes. I've used their box for over 90k kms without an issue. Spider does have different boxes for different cars but after reading a bit over here I think some dealers use the same boxes for different cars, which is not a good practice. Go for it, you will enjoy your car much more.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 00:41   #103
BHPian

Quote:
I am curious about how effective is the A/C for front and rear passengers. The rear A/C vent is one of the extra features Rapid has when compare to most of its competition....is it as ineffective as mentioned in the review?
Old 4th January 2012, 16:34   #104
BHPian

Can fellow owners confirm if you can open the bonnet with the front right door closed? For some reason I am not able to. I am not sure if something has gone wrong after my ice install.
Old 12th January 2012, 19:33   #105
Team-BHP Support

Hi TurboHead, can you confirm if the Rapid have the metal sheet to protect the underbody? The featurelist on the website says 'rough road package'. Just wanted to re-confirm.
Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks