Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2011, 11:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 2011 Maruti Swift ZDi

Congratulations mate on getting the 2011 Swift ZDi.

Personally I feel VDi variant is VFM but it lacks the ABS whereas ZDi is little overpriced as it crosses 7 lacs in our City i.e. Delhi/NCR.

I am too thinking of replacing my Wagon R with a diesel hatch sometimes next year but very confused.

Anyhow please do share some more photos of your ride and keep the thread updated.

Wishing you happy and safe motoring!
Old 1st December 2011, 12:05   #17
BANNED

Thanks for your reply. One more query. Sorry for coming one at a time. Did you get remote for the music system?
Old 1st December 2011, 14:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
Thanks for your reply. One more query. Sorry for coming one at a time. Did you get remote for the music system?
Oh not a problem Anand.
Yes I have got a very sleek remote with the system.
Old 1st December 2011, 14:29   #19
BHPian

congratz. good choice of colour being easy to maintain. is the clutch hard ?
Old 1st December 2011, 14:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the ZDI. Fantastic car, and intelligent choice of color. I have a silver 800 too, and I must say that its a far easier color to maintain than the Torque Blue (or similar darker colours) that I am getting on my Swift VDi which is getting delivered in a couple of months time.

Please do keep updating on the driving experience, it would be really helpful for future owners like me.
Old 2nd December 2011, 11:22   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on the ZDI!! It is an awesome car and I have had absolutely no issues in the 4k odd kms and enjoyed every cm of the ride.
Reached a top speed of 160 KMPH after the run in and the car handles beautifully. The turbo lag is evident but thats ok looking at the entire package as a whole.
Old 2nd December 2011, 22:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post

Thanks and congrats for the new member in your family.
I think the dealers have been instructed to give inflated delivery dates, as it might also be a marketing strategy to lure people and telling them that MSIL is working hard towards clearing the backlogs.
You got it wrong friend.
As my ZDi will be delivered by March end or April2012(as quoted by dealer), as he's currently delivering the ZDi to December2010 booking orders & my booking is of 18 July 2011.

Now tired & frustrated, I'm trying to explore other options to get my Diesel car ASAP.
Old 3rd December 2011, 19:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
Alternatives considered:

4. Though MSIL have provided a magnetic switch for opening the Boot, it needs to be banged too hard while closing other wise it remains half opened. One needs to recheck it after closing the same. This was not a problem in my A-Star or Ritz.

I don't know if anyone has addressed this concern of yours before, but for the time being, stop banging it shut and listen.

My ZDI had the same problem and I routed it back to a misaligned locking loop on the lower side. Get it pulled into position by a body work expert and you'll see, dropping it from 15cm under its own weight, is all it would take to close the bootlid.
Old 4th December 2011, 12:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
congratz. good choice of colour being easy to maintain. is the clutch hard ?
Thanks M124
I didn't find the clutch to be hard, it is quite smooth and soft. However, after getting used to the new swift, i find my Ritz clutch to be hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Congrats on the ZDI.
Thanks Arindam and hope you get the delivery of your car soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Reached a top speed of 160 KMPH after the run in and the car handles beautifully. The turbo lag is evident but thats ok looking at the entire package as a whole.
I have also found the Turbo lag very evident, but as you said one can ignore that after watching at the overall package. 70% of the time their is city driving with B2B traffic, where pickup is not that much so I would generally take off slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
You got it wrong friend.
As my ZDi will be delivered by March end or April2012(as quoted by dealer), as he's currently delivering the ZDi to December2010 booking orders & my booking is of 18 July 2011.
I also had the same frustration till I got the call from the dealer. I think you might get the delivery 1-2 months early, once the 2nd plant would be fully operational as it would increase the production by around 0-35%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
I don't know if anyone has addressed this concern of yours before, but for the time being, stop banging it shut and listen.
Thanks for the tip Vivek ji. I'll surly get it checked at the workshop.
Old 4th December 2011, 23:57   #25
BHPian

Got my Swift ZDi - Glistening Grey

Hi Ankur, you seem to have made my job easier except for the fact that I would need to upload the pics in Glistening Grey color

I got the delivery day before yesterday and have driven for around 126 KM so far. I have been getting overall average of 19.3 kmpl (Overall, not Instant).

One question I have for everyone, need clarification with the gear lock installation process (anatomy of the installation).

I got the AutoCop DX pin type reverse gear lock installed from the dealership itself for Rs 2000. The first irritant was of course the grey color whereas the interiors are all jet black. Nevertheless, needed it for security, so went ahead with the grey color itself.

However, I have some serious doubts regarding it's installation - as in the point of the gear lever that it holds and blocks. It does not hold the gear level rod anywhere. When reverse is engaged, the end point of the gear lever is kind of curved in shape (C - shaped) and then the cables are extended to the engine compartment. The gear lock pin goes at the back of the lever and rests against the curved plastic part. That's the only thing it blocks. I feel that if someone forces the gear lever too hard, the plastic part would break and the theif would be able to engage the lever in forward gears.

I am attaching a pic with the side view of how it works, driver side view. Please help.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Gear Lever Side View - Driver Side.bmp (805.1 KB, 819 views)

Last edited by zzzehar : 5th December 2011 at 00:04.
Old 5th December 2011, 08:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

A question to all new zdi/zxi owners. New Swift comes with 15" alloys and MRF ZVTV tyres. What is the pressure you maintain in the tyres? and secondly how is the ride quality? I have these same alloys fitted on my Dzire VDI and find the ride VERY stiff and can feel every crack in the road. I am maintaining 33 F/ 30 R.
Old 5th December 2011, 09:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
A question to all new zdi/zxi owners. New Swift comes with 15" alloys and MRF ZVTV tyres. What is the pressure you maintain in the tyres? and secondly how is the ride quality? I have these same alloys fitted on my Dzire VDI and find the ride VERY stiff and can feel every crack in the road. I am maintaining 33 F/ 30 R.
31 F and 28 R gives a very pliant ride on the old gen swift. But it takes away the sporty characters of the swift. I am on 34 F and 31 R.
Old 5th December 2011, 09:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A question to all new zdi/zxi owners. and secondly how is the ride quality?
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
31 F and 28 R gives a very pliant ride on the old gen swift. But it takes away the sporty characters of the swift. I am on 34 F and 31 R.
I aimed at new swift ZD/XI owners with OE rims and tyres
Old 5th December 2011, 13:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is 32(F) 29(R) for the ZDi.

The ride quality is great with the stock setup and the tuning of the suspension is spot on. The car doesn't crash into cracks/ potholes like the old Swift and soaks up bumps and imperfections on the road to a great extent. And it is not at the expense of the handling as well.
Old 5th December 2011, 14:08   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I have these same alloys fitted on my Dzire VDI and find the ride VERY stiff and can feel every crack in the road. I am maintaining 33 F/ 30 R.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I would rather keep 32F and 30R.
When I took the delivery, the pressure kept was 34F and 32R which I thought was on a higher side. I could feel a lot of bumps, but then I got it corrected to 32/30 and I can feel the difference now. The ride quality has improved a lot.

But, a lot also depends on the suspension of the vehicles. I think the suspension of almost all the Maruti cars is not up to the mark, they should improve upon the quality of suspensions that they make. It is nowhere comparable to Toyota or even Ford.
ankurvirmani19 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks