Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2011, 09:14   #16
BHPian

re: Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hey Vkaul! Congratulations on getting the Jetta! It is definitely a brilliant car, no doubt. As per pictures are concerned, please post some ASAP! We would love to see a black Highline

How would you compare the build quality and ride quality of the Laura and the Jetta?
Thanks DeKay. A friend of mine has picked up the Laura a couple of months ago & but for the VW I would have gone down the same road. I would say that the build quality is comparable & both are solid European sedans.

Laura owing to the shorter wheelbase & a little stiffer set up is more chuckable in corners. However Jetta is no slouch either & also handles twisties well & has a more flat / pliant ride than the stiffer Laura (mind you these are comparitives & by no means you can call Laura not a comfortable car).

One place where there is a clear difference is in the cabin insulation & of course the rear bench space & comfort where Jetta is ahead of Laura.
Old 9th December 2011, 15:57   #17
BHPian

re: Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up

Also next-gen Laura is expected to be launched in 2013 and would have resulted in low value 5-6 years down the line.

@vkaul1: Did you TD the Passat also? Please do post some photos of your beauty. The jump from Comfortline to Highline AT would have meant >22L OTR in Pune.
Old 9th December 2011, 18:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek_924 View Post
Also next-gen Laura is expected to be launched in 2013 and would have resulted in low value 5-6 years down the line.

@vkaul1: Did you TD the Passat also? Please do post some photos of your beauty. The jump from Comfortline to Highline AT would have meant >22L OTR in Pune.
Spot on.. Yes the factor that Laura is due for an upgrade was somewhere there in the back of the mind.

I did TD the Passat (in fact a friend of mine does have the HL variant of the same). It is an excellent car but again IMHO the Comfortline is a much better value than the Highline. Having said that my personal choice if I have to go in that territory (CL is approx 27 lacs OTR Pune) Superb @ 26.5 feels like a more expensive car & has more of a sense of occasion that the Passat.

The OTR for HL AT Jetta is 20.46 OTR Pune. I got a 38K corporate discount as well. In case you go for a corporate registration the price will be approx 21.9 Lacs OTR.
Old 9th December 2011, 21:15   #19
BHPian

Congratulations on your new German!
A lover of German cars, please keep me and all of us updated about your Jetta!
I have plans of buying it in like 2 months, in replacement of my 4 year old Honda Civic.

And yes, please post the pictures fast!!
ContiMental is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 03:16   #20
BHPian

Congrats vkaul. Superb write up on your train of thoughts. And it was a good move to go the AT way. Corporate discount is all that you can possibly get for the Jetta at this time and you did well on that front.

The car itself is a head turner in Black and with those Highline alloys all the more so! Wish you many a happy hours of motoring. If you do have any plans of upgrading the DRLs to LEDs please do let us know how it goes. I right now am waiting for my brother to bring as pair of LEDs from abroad....
druk75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 11:44   #21
BHPian

Congratulations vkaul. Even I am in the same dilema (Jetta or Laura). But more than any features, its the Skoda A.S.S. stories pushing me towards the Jetta. Your review made it simpler.

Please do post some pictures of your black beauty. Enjoy her and drive safe.

Last edited by razrman : 12th December 2011 at 11:45.
razrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 13:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContiMental View Post
Congratulations on your new German!
A lover of German cars, please keep me and all of us updated about your Jetta!
I have plans of buying it in like 2 months, in replacement of my 4 year old Honda Civic.

And yes, please post the pictures fast!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
Congratulations vkaul. Even I am in the same dilema (Jetta or Laura). But more than any features, its the Skoda A.S.S. stories pushing me towards the Jetta. Your review made it simpler.

Please do post some pictures of your black beauty. Enjoy her and drive safe.
Thanks Guys... I have been out of country AGAIN !!

Yes the Highline in black with the beautiful alloys does look nice. Will clik some pics & share soon..
Old 14th December 2011, 20:22   #23
BHPian

Congratulations, belated! What a set of wheels! Eagerly awaiting the Black Jetta pics. please do put them up soon.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 12:56   #24
BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase!!! Do flaunt those Atlanta alloys!

One more Jetta on the forum! It seems we share a similar story where the Jetta, though not on the list initially, makes its way to the top.

I guess we have enough jettas in Mumbai and pune collectively to have a Jetta meet
lamboguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 19:42   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
I guess we have enough jettas in Mumbai and pune collectively to have a Jetta meet
That is a great idea! Lets do meet up halfway for both Mumbai and Pune in Lonavla would be ideal.
Old 26th December 2011, 13:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Congratulations on the purchase!!! Do flaunt those Atlanta alloys!

One more Jetta on the forum! It seems we share a similar story where the Jetta, though not on the list initially, makes its way to the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
That is a great idea! Lets do meet up halfway for both Mumbai and Pune in Lonavla would be ideal.
Thanks. Lonavala does sound like a good idea esp in this weather. The expressway is perfect to stretch the legs of the car & the road to Amby Valley is perfect to enjoy the chassis control & capabilities
Old 26th December 2011, 14:06   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Thanks. Lonavala does sound like a good idea esp in this weather. The expressway is perfect to stretch the legs of the car & the road to Amby Valley is perfect to enjoy the chassis control & capabilities
Lets set a date, I'm sure Saturday / Sunday would be good for both Pune as well as Mumbaikars. We could all also trade notes about each others cars plus I'm eager to drive another Jetta other than my own and the TD vehicle I've driven just to figure out somethings.
Old 29th December 2011, 19:26   #28
BHPian

Hi Guys,

On popular demand - posting some pics.. I know they have been long overdue.. Apologies for the delay..

Here you go..

Jetta gets pampered at the 3M care center

The staff there was courteous & knowledgeable. They did a v thorough job of cleaning & waxing it up. Also met Mr. Seshu (3M's regional head) who took personal interest esp after seeing the TBHP sticker .
They have opened 3 outlets in Pune - Viman Nagar, Wanowrie & Baner. As per what he told two more are on the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up-3m.jpg  

Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up-getting-cleaned-up.jpg  

Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up-altanta.jpg  

Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up-t-bhp.jpg  

Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up-new.jpg  

Last edited by vkaul1 : 29th December 2011 at 19:49.
vkaul1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 21:27   #29
BHPian

Congratulation for the Jetta. It looks absolutely awesome in black. Wished to know more about the parktronic system. Do post some interior pics of the car as well.
Old 30th December 2011, 00:35   #30
BHPian

Black looks awesome VK!

By the way in the third picture of the rear alloy, are those scratches I see on the door panel? Hope I'm mistaken!
Ayedongivadam is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks