Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2012, 14:17   #61
BHPian

re: Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
I talked with the workshop guys. I also mentioned about your warranty. The explanation he gave is that your warranty must be a dealer specific one. If you could look into this and confirm that it is a warranty issued by VW and not the dealer, I can talk to him.

Hi Lamboguy.. I cheked & it is VW India Warranty. Maybe they were giving it initially & then have stopped it.
Old 19th October 2012, 16:41   #62
BHPian

Black Pearl - Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT - 1st year service done

The "Black Pearl" went for the 1st service on 5th Oct (one day before her b'day - as I was travelling out) to VW Pune West. All went fine & they did a good job of it. The only challenge was that they had a backlog of cars from previous day. Hence even though I had the first appointment & had reached @ 9:30, they only started work on it after 12.

Besides the regular service & oil change they also did the tyre rotation & balancing. The Oil used is Castrol Magnatec Professional 5W-40). They have given me the balance left to carry along.

The parts (air filter etc) as you can see from the pics are common across the brands & what I saw were all imported by "Skoda India".

I did chek the OEM Headlamps & they are H7 55 W. I am planning to swap them with Philips Crystal Visions - to give the white light effect.

They also sprayed some "anti-rust" mixture on the beading as a solution to the "squeaking" noise coming from the driver door. And it is super silent now.

The washing & cleaning joy was very thorough & they even put the tyre polish & the vehicle was delivered looking nice & shiny.

Got done by 4 pm with a bill of approx 9850. And I can tell you that the drive is clearly smoother post the service.

In my one year of ownership I feel for a vehicle of this class it has been an absolute joy (touch wood) to own. Looking forward to a few longer drives this year

Apologies for the poor quality pics from the bb phone..
Attached Thumbnails
Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up-odo.jpg  

Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up-hydraulic-lift-front.jpg  

Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up-hydraulic-lift.jpg  

Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up-engine-oil.jpg  

Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up-all-family.jpg  

Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up-wash.jpg  

Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up-wash-1.jpg  

Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up-detailing.jpg  

Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up-tyre-polish.jpg  

Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up-shining-bright.jpg  

vkaul1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 14:38   #63
BHPian

Re: Jet Set Go !! - Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT *UPDATE* 1 year and 1st Service done

Almost 900 Kms done post the service - only city driving. I can confidently say that the engine seems to have opened up after the service & is running smoother. Also in similar driving conditions I see the fuel efficiency having gone up by 1.5 Km/l in the city - as per the "Fuel Log" app.

Am planning a Goa trip later this month. Will share the experience once I am back

Last edited by vkaul1 : 2nd November 2012 at 14:41.
Old 2nd November 2012, 20:46   #64
BHPian

Re: Jet Set Go !! - Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT *UPDATE* 1 year and 1st Service done

Apologizes posted a Wrong Post,Moving to different thread

Last edited by BinFord : 2nd November 2012 at 20:49. Reason: Wrong Post,Moving to different thread
Old 15th November 2012, 12:22   #65
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic car and color selection ! The thread needs few good resolution pics. BB pics dont do justice. I see this car almost everyday in my office parking.

Vkaul,

I see the post about Bluetooth module installation. Was the entire head unit replaced or a module was installed behind it ?. I see the head unit was taken out.

Keep Revving !
Old 15th November 2012, 18:45   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Fantastic car and color selection ! The thread needs few good resolution pics. BB pics dont do justice. I see this car almost everyday in my office parking.

Vkaul,

I see the post about Bluetooth module installation. Was the entire head unit replaced or a module was installed behind it ?. I see the head unit was taken out.

Keep Revving !
Thanks F150.. I am not the SLR kinda guy hence the pic quality

The BT module is placed under the driver seat (it can also be placed under the passenger seat). The HU was taken out to make the relevant connections only. There is no HU replacement needed for BT installation - in Highline variant.

Last edited by vkaul1 : 15th November 2012 at 18:59.
Old 21st November 2012, 12:18   #67
BHPian

Just back from a nice Goa getaway. It was fantastic & totally stress free drive & composed manner in which Jetta handled the highway & then some bad stretch - after Nipani (towards Goa) was an experience. I did the complete driving & we was still fresh when we reached Goa

The total round trip details - I rented a bike to go around locally

Distance: 890 Km
Time: 17 hrs - on the way back went through Kolhapur for Mahalaxmi Temple visit which took close to 2 hrs
Av Speed: 52 Km/hr
Fuel Efficiency: 18.2 Km/ltr

This was inspite of the efficiency took a bad beating on the way back as I wrongly took the "sawantwadi bypass" - which was completely moon surface roads.
vkaul1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 13:34   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Just back from a nice Goa getaway. It was fantastic & totally stress free drive & composed manner in which Jetta handled the highway & then some bad stretch - after Nipani (towards Goa) was an experience. I did the complete driving & we was still fresh when we reached Goa

The total round trip details - I rented a bike to go around locally

Distance: 890 Km
Time: 17 hrs - on the way back went through Kolhapur for Mahalaxmi Temple visit which took close to 2 hrs
Av Speed: 52 Km/hr
Fuel Efficiency: 18.2 Km/ltr

This was inspite of the efficiency took a bad beating on the way back as I wrongly took the "sawantwadi bypass" - which was completely moon surface roads.
Fantastic FE for car of its size. Looking at the average speed I think you were crusing at 80-90 Kmph ? Cruise control again put to use ?

Best way to go around Goa is to rent an activa. We just need to be careful and shouldn't leave it with the keys in the key hole.
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:12   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Fantastic FE for car of its size. Looking at the average speed I think you were crusing at 80-90 Kmph ? Cruise control again put to use ?

Best way to go around Goa is to rent an activa. We just need to be careful and shouldn't leave it with the keys in the key hole.
Yes, activa is the way to go around Goa & that's what we did.

I agree, the FE on Jetta is definitely a huge bonus. Was usually in the 100 - 110 range on the way to Goa & was around 120 - 125 mark on the way back - this was on NH 4. However there are a few places where the road work is going on & there are diversions. Also the pace drastically reduces from the Nipani turn off till you almost hit NH 17 (around 115 Kms which would take approx 2.5 hrs) - due to bad roads & Amboli ghat - this impacts both the average speed as well as FE (I was getting 20+ as FE before the turn off from NH 4)

No, the cruise control was not used. The traffic conditions on this highway makes you change the speeds continually hence did not feel it would be worthwhile. The only place where I regularly use cruise control is the Pune-Mumbai Expressway - serves the dual purpose of keeping the drive relaxed & the speed in chek. Very early on I realised that Jetta is pretty good at masking speeds hence always better to leave it under the cruise control governance on such roads
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:54   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Very early on I realised that Jetta is pretty good at masking speeds
Bang on! I remember it was the day I took delivery of the Jetta. I thought I was doing double digit speeds but to my shock I had ended up reaching *not allowed to be mentioned on T-Bhp* speeds

Quote:
I agree, the FE on Jetta is definitely a huge bonus..... (I was getting 20+ as FE before the turn off from NH 4)
If driven sedately, the Jetta gives shocking FE figures. On a few occasions the 2.0 litre powerhouse has given me close to 19kmpl in city driving over a 9 - 10 kms of extremely light footed daily commute with less than moderate traffic!
Old 22nd November 2012, 14:29   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Bang on! I remember it was the day I took delivery of the Jetta. I thought I was doing double digit speeds but to my shock I had ended up reaching *not allowed to be mentioned on T-Bhp* speeds

If driven sedately, the Jetta gives shocking FE figures. On a few occasions the 2.0 litre powerhouse has given me close to 19kmpl in city driving over a 9 - 10 kms of extremely light footed daily commute with less than moderate traffic!
Wow!! 19 in the city is amazing.. You haven't updated about your "German Girl" for sometime. How are things. Any long drives?
Old 25th November 2012, 20:54   #72
BHPian

Nothing Out of the ordinary happening these days with the Maedschen. She's pretty much bogged down with city commute. Although occasionally, she does get to stretch her legs on late night city drives.

My only issue with VW is that there is still no sign of extended warranty on the Jetta.
Old 26th November 2012, 00:09   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My only issue with VW is that there is still no sign of extended warranty on the Jetta.
Jetta does come with extended warranty of additional 2 yrs or 1,00,000 Kms whichever is earlier. Refer to the e-Brochure which states it very clearly. Get it ASAP. Germans can get bit nasty after warranty period.

Copy paste from brochure and Jetta even comes with AMC.

Volkswagen Warranty & Extended Warranty: The new Volkswagen Jetta comes with a standard warranty of two years, unlimited kilometres and can be extended at an additional cost for a further two years and up to 1,00,000 kms from the date of sale (whichever is earlier), which protects your car against the defects of most mechanical and electrical components due to manufacturing defects. All periodic maintenance at recommended intervals and warranty work must be completed by an authorised Volkswagen dealer.

Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC): At a nominal cost, you do not have to pay for three services based on the options you select. It is valid up to three years/45,000 kms and can be availed from your nearest authorised Volkswagen dealer

e-Brochure Link.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 12:33   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Jetta does come with extended warranty of additional 2 yrs or 1,00,000 Kms whichever is earlier. Refer to the e-Brochure which states it very clearly. Get it ASAP. Germans can get bit nasty after warranty period.

e-Brochure Link.
That's exactly what I got at the time of my pruchase.. I agree, absolutely imperative to get EW, gives so much more peach of mind.

@lamboguy: The FE that you mentioned was that with or without A/c?
Old 27th November 2012, 09:51   #75
BHPian

With A/C the whole time
lamboguy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks