Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2012, 21:03   #46
BHPian

re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

So the car completed 6000 on the 9/3/12. That's 6000 kms in 95 days at an average of 63kms/day.

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-6000.jpg

Till now, I have filled 350.46 litres of fuel. The cost so far:

350.46@45/lt = Rs: 15770.7

Had I bought a Petrol Car vs a diesel, taking the same average of 17kms/lt, I would have spent:

350.46@74/lt = Rs: 25934.04

That's a saving of Rs: 10163.34 in 3 months.

Additional money spent on repairs = Rs: 0

Additional money spent on buying a Diesel car (upfront payment) vs buying a Petrol Car = Rs: 0 (Vista VX vs Swift ZXi as it's the only model offering ABS)

With many more highway trips being planned in the future and also during the entire ownership experience of the car, I am sure to have saved close to a lakh. Now for me, this is true VFM

Last edited by gauravdgr8 : 13th March 2012 at 21:11. Reason: Grammatical corrections
gauravdgr8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 22:41   #47
BHPian

So here is the real time mileage update. Last time I filled the fuel to the brim with 35.75 lts of normal diesel and did pure city driving for the last 15 days. Here's what it looks like:

Fuel Filled (to the brim): 35.75 lts@45.08
Cost: Rs: 1611.61
Total Distance Covered: 541.7

Fuel Filled today (to the brim):35.82 lts@45.08
Cost: Rs: 1614.76

Mileage based on Tank Full - Empty reading = 15.12 kms/lt

Am I happy?

Answer = Yes
Old 16th March 2012, 09:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
So here is the real time mileage update. Last time I filled the fuel to the brim with 35.75 lts of normal diesel and did pure city driving for the last 15 days. Here's what it looks like:

Fuel Filled (to the brim): 35.75 lts@45.08
Cost: Rs: 1611.61
Total Distance Covered: 541.7

Fuel Filled today (to the brim):35.82 lts@45.08
Cost: Rs: 1614.76

Mileage based on Tank Full - Empty reading = 15.12 kms/lt

Am I happy?

Answer = Yes
Good, its the same milage i got in my current full tank, 15.01kpl which equated to around 630kms of pure city driving, so its definately good. But the bad thing is Bangalore is 1.22 Rs more than Hyd.
Old 17th March 2012, 15:12   #49
BHPian

Some sad news. Today morning when coming back from an office party, there were 6-7 cement blocks placed right at the centre of the road in Gachibowli (Bang opposite Microsoft Campus) covering atleast 70% of the stretch from right to left. Braked and cut to the left. One of the cement blocks hit the extreme right bottom corner of the bumper thus breaking it and the right fog lamp.

Now, when I recollect the moment, had I slammed the brakes, I could have avoided the collision. I had ABS. Nevertheless, lesson learnt.

BTW, those who know me, know that it's not a drunken driving case

Called Concorde and they suggested to bring the car on Monday morning.

My Boss said, Kala Tika lag gaya. Ab koi darr nahi. Will post some pictures of the damage on Monday.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 14:15   #50
BHPian

Re: Well Well Well. Behold. FUEGO Comes Home

Well, I need to mention this. Service experience so far with Concorde Motors Hyderabad has been Exceeding Expectations. Well expectations had been marred by folks mentioning that the After Sales and Service is sad. That made my perception to get a substandard service.

With 2 visits, 1st for the 5k service and now for the accidental repairs, that perception has long gone.

The service advisor actually called me to have a look at the damaged parts, showed me around my car (it was well kept under covered parking). As the clamp on the radiator for holding the fan is broken, he asked me if I would like to get the whole radiator assembly replaced or just the core. He also mentioned that if I get the whole assembly changed, I would have to pay 50% of the insurance as it comes under plastic and if I only get the core changed, it would come under salvage which is 5% for a car under 6 months. He also mentioned that the assembly is readily available and the core will have to be ordered from Pune on priority. Never in my previous experience with Maruti or GM, have the called to advise on such a thing.

He then called me up the next day and said Sir this is my new number. It has changed. I was like, this is by far above the standards that people have perceived about TATA

He was so very helpful when explaining about the repairs and also assured that the car will be done up nicely.

Now, I need some advice. If the car is done as nicely as promised, I want to give a small gift to this advisor as a token of appreciation. What should it be, apart from a mail to the customer service?
Old 8th April 2012, 01:38   #51
BHPian

Having driven the car for 6400 kms, here's the ideal gear shifting guide on the Vista

Idle - 800 rpms
Idle - 1st : under 1500 rpms
1st - 2nd : 2000 - 2500 rpms
2nd - 3rd : 1700 - 2000 rpms
3rd - 4th : 1800 - 2000 rpms
4th - 5th : 2000 rpms

The turbo zone in the Vista is from 1700 - 3000 rpms. So it's easy to upshift a bit early compared to other diesels. The car best driven in the 1700 - 3000 rpms. Really surges ahead like a rocket.
Old 8th April 2012, 02:32   #52
BHPian

Quote:
A total of 4044 kms. 12 days trip is what has been planned.
Would the comparitively smaller boot of Vista be a concern during such a long trip? Iam assuming the standard 4 adults and a couple of kids being the passengers.

BTW, awesome places are being covered. Have loads of fun!!
WindRide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 02:51   #53
Senior - BHPian

Re: Well Well Well. Behold. FUEGO Comes Home

Quote:
Now, I need some advice. If the car is done as nicely as promised, I want to give a small gift to this advisor as a token of appreciation. What should it be, apart from a mail to the customer service?
Glad that you have had such a good experience with Tata A.S.S. hope it continues and spreads to other parts of India soon! Do also keep us posted on how the car performs over the course of your trip.

By the way, what did you get for the SA?
Old 8th April 2012, 18:38   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Would the comparitively smaller boot of Vista be a concern during such a long trip? Iam assuming the standard 4 adults and a couple of kids being the passengers.

BTW, awesome places are being covered. Have loads of fun!!
Windride, it's just the 2 of us and our 2 kids (7 yrs and 2 yrs). The boot easily takes 1big size strolley and 1 medium strolley and 1 small duffle bag. Looking at the weather during the time of our travel, we will be travelling very light.

Thanks. Will have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Glad that you have had such a good experience with Tata A.S.S. hope it continues and spreads to other parts of India soon! Do also keep us posted on how the car performs over the course of your trip.

By the way, what did you get for the SA?
Sure will everyone posted.

Gave him a Pierre Cardin Pen. Something that can proudly keep in his shirt pocket.
Old 25th April 2012, 12:49   #55
BHPian

127 days of Stress-free, Trouble-free ownership. (excludes 15 days in the workshop due to an accident)

7090 km's of blissful drives.

Owning the Vista has been quite a revelation on how the company has come a long way from the initial Indica.

Loads of space (leg, head, shoulder), super comfy for 3 adults at the back, super smooth rear seat drive, sound proof on the insides.

Recently the Ertiga and the new DZire were on display in my company campus. Not boasting because I own the Vista, but both the vehicles can be defined in one word "Cramped". I am a 5`6" and my legs were touching the central console on both the cars. Dzire was a bit roomier than the Ertiga, but nowhere close to the "FUEGO".

As stated in most of the forums, the car has had no niggles in terms of rattling, small screws coming out or the frequent service station visits. The build quality is at par with other cars in the class.
Old 17th June 2012, 00:27   #56
BHPian

The car completed 6 months during the 1st week of June, and covered exactly 8000 kms during the same week.

My better half was able to take some snaps during some crucial moments. Moments which will not be repeated in this cars odo history. They are :

1. Reading of 7575

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-7575.jpg

2. Reading of 7777

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-7777.jpg

3. Reading of 8000

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-8000.jpg

Some might why not 7272 or 7878, however the above numbers plain fascinated me.

The car is now reading 8400 on the odo and is very soon due for the 10k servicing , which will be completed before the much awaited Road Trip to Rajasthan.

The car has been troublefree, nigglefree, rattlefree and is actually a fill it, shut it, forget it car. What I now plan to do is a detailed video of the car highlighting some of the most thoughtful features of the Vista which the company never bothers to advertise.

With so much of driving undertaken in the last 6 months, there are however some things that the car needs improvement on. And that is the suspension. Although very comfortable for people inside and specially at the back, it's one of the main reason for the body roll in the car, other being the height. At high speeds, you do fell a very prominent body roll. However with 4 adults sitting, it is negated to a large extent.

So, the quintessential question comes again this time:

If I were to look at Dec'2011, would I again choose the Vista over the competetion?

Answer: Absolutely. No doubt about it.
Old 30th June 2012, 22:13   #57
BHPian

Today morning took the car to the IBP pump under the Old Airport flyover. Post the fuel stop, got the tyres deflated and inflated with Nitrogen.

First time on the Fuego. Asked the pump person, what's the benefit and he said, better road grip and the tyre gets less heated. He also said that always maintain Nitrogen for the advantage.

The good thing is that Nitrogen in this pump is free.

The car is set for a 300 km drive tomorrow. Fuego is eagerly waiting to open up it's Turbo and see how much it returns/litre after 8000+ kms under it's belt.
Old 30th June 2012, 22:35   #58
Senior - BHPian

There are few Vista TDi's in my office transport.
I always wish to get a ride in one of them

Those guys have done 50-60k within 1 year of ownership and the car feels solid with no rattles.

Inspite of being such a big car, there are very few cubbyholes and door pockets are very small.

Rear armrest is very strange and not that comfortable, since the section sweeps upwards towards the end at a steep angle due to which you cannot rest your hand completely.

Tata is going to come with another update on vista, eagerly waiting for it.

I am a big fan of Vista and its surely on my buying list.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 00:30   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
There are few Vista TDi's in my office transport.
I always wish to get a ride in one of them

Those guys have done 50-60k within 1 year of ownership and the car feels solid with no rattles.

Inspite of being such a big car, there are very few cubbyholes and door pockets are very small.

Rear armrest is very strange and not that comfortable, since the section sweeps upwards towards the end at a steep angle due to which you cannot rest your hand completely.

Tata is going to come with another update on vista, eagerly waiting for it.

I am a big fan of Vista and its surely on my buying list.
Silerado, thanks for letting me know that the car feels solid after 50k. If a taxi does, I can be rest assured that mine which is well kept would hold solid too.

Yes, the news doing rounds is that Vista 90 is the next launch. It's going to put it next to the Manza 90, TJet and the Punto MJD90. If launched, it would be hottest diesel hatch.

Cubbyholes are actually non-existent in the car. You can only keep paper in the door pockets, but surely no bottles. However the list of advantages in the car does not really bog one down with the small misses.
Old 2nd July 2012, 18:18   #60
BHPian

Come Sunday and I decided to take family out for a long drive. Now Hyderabad being strategically located, you either go on Long Drives or go to the 100 odd resorts in the outskirts.

Rather than spending a couple of K’s for a repeat stay in the resorts, my family would rather prefer to spend time in the Fuego driving

So plan was made to leave for FoodSeven. FoodSeven is 140 Kms from Hyderabad and just before Suryapet.

It served 2 purposes: A. A good long drive on a nice highway. B. I would get acclimatized for long drive before setting out on the much awaited and planned trip to Rajasthan. (More on that later)

Time Taken:

Left home at 11:30am and reached FoodSeven at 1:45 pm. Drive was primarily in the range of 100-120 after crossing Kamineni hospital, barring a few stretches of slow speeds where there were villages or diversions.

Road Condition:

Roads upto FoodSeven are really nice even though there are diversions.

Hyderabad – Narketpally: (100 kms)

4 laning complete, except a Kilometer stretch before Chityala as the Rail-over-bridge is a 2 lane road.

Narketpally – FoodSeven:

Although 4-laning is complete in the entire stretch, one side has been closed due to plantation work in progress. However one can easily do 80+ on these roads.

You will find some rough surface while crossing Narketpally village.

Narketpally to FoodSeven is approx 40-42 kms.

Driving the Fuego has always been exciting and this trip was no different. Stable as always the car leaps on the highways. Simply tap the accelerator at 70-80, within seconds you are at 110. Something that I felt improved in the car was the body roll. Not sure if it was due to the Nitrogen Filled tyres or that I just did not corner the car real hard. However there is a stretch in the shape of an elongated “C” where the car was doing constant 100 with just a finger on the steering and zero body roll. Wish could have taken a video to upload.

This was enough to take a snap at FoodSeven. Later on my better half realized that there's 11 , 12 & 13 in the car numbers.

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-1.jpg

The car’s most aggressive look. Looks good after a rain wash.

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-2.jpg

A view of the highway.

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-3.jpg

Food at FoodSeven: They serve a lot of variety and the fact that food is fresh is that they do not serve the same items throught the day. South Indian Tiffin is available in the morning and then only back in the evening. In-between is Meals and North Indian stuff.

South Indian thali was finger licking good and the Paneer Butter Masala was equally better.

Biryani was spicy and as usual my taste buds were not too happy eating biryani. Although it tasted good.

Prices would get a rating of 7/10. Ambience is nice, service is very helpful, place is clean.

Mileage:

Before leaving had filled the tank to the brim. The entire journey was 285 kms. A refill to the brim took in 15.1 litres of fuel which sums up to a mileage of 18.87/lt. At triple digit speeds, with extra throttle on 2nd gear, this is a decent mileage.

The car is on the verge of completing 9000 kms. Some more time and would be going in for the 3rd service. Not expecting much expenses there as been more of a fill it, shut it, forget it story till now.

Last edited by gauravdgr8 : 2nd July 2012 at 18:23. Reason: Content Added

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks