Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2011, 11:32   #1
BHPian

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms

Finally the day arrived yesterday when my dad took delivery of my Spice Red Vista VX.

As I am not in town, photos would only be available once I get there. However got some initial reviews from my Dad and Mom who went for the delivery

Color: Spice Red: Mom said looks STUNNING Wife's and My choice

Dash: Mom said well laid out and neat.

Interior colors: Mom said looks very classy

Engine: Noise is too less and is good for a diesel.

Rear Seat : Mom said very very comfortable. Can easily seat 3. Also mentioned that Ingress and Egress is very easy.

Gearing: Dad said for city driving his Beat cannot be Beaten by any other Diesel hatch. It has the smoothest gear. However at par with other diesels.

Steering: Dad said none can have a lighter steering than the Beat.

Space: Dad said car should be best enjoyed with a Chaffeur with you sitting at the back.

Overall a Neat package

The Deal: Well got a 40k exchange on my old U-VA and a 10k discount. Got the best price for my 42 month old U-VA. Free matting, mudflaps and a Tata discount card on spares and repairs.

Got the handling charges waived off and bought the extended warranty.

Excellent customer service by National Garage Raipur. No delays in delivery. Everything went as planned. The sales guy also took a snap which will be sent along with a Thank you letter is what was told.

The car will today go for Teflon coating and then wait for me till the 20th.

It's yet to be named. There is big list in front of my wife and me to finalize. Let's see what comes out. For sure it's not going to be something suttle.

A detailed ownership report with snaps and mileage will be posted on the 24th as will drive it down the highway for a cool 800 Kms.

So went to Raipur on the 3rd and had a look at the car. It looked like a missile ready to fire all cylinders. BTW my wife and myself have named it "FUEGO". It comes from a South American Volcano.

This is what I saw:

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-front.jpg

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-front-quarter.jpg

The car looked stunning in Red. Actually did not expect the color to be that appealing.

First thing that I went ahead and felt all around was the paint job. It was impeccable. Have heard a lot about the uneven gaps. Saw none. Was pleasantly surprised. Opened the car only to feel and see the freshness compared to the old Vista or other hatches in this category. The Beige and Black interiors blend very well and actually make the car look and feel luxurious.

Have a look:

The Interiors:

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-interior.jpg

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-interior-1.jpg

A lot has been said about rear, however I found it quite mature. This could be because of the color choice. I see a white Vista in my building and it looks a bit bland.

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-rear.jpg

The rear quarter shot:

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-rear-quarter.jpg

The next plan is to disassociate the car from the word Indica. Debadging to happen soon.

Having taken a couple of snaps, it was time to decorate it and decorate I did like this:

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-logo.jpg

So having spent some quality time with the car, took it for a 2Km spin and was pushed back@ turbo boos under 2k. I had to actually brake as the car had a totally different driving character compared to my U-VA.

Below are the ticks:

1. Engine: Smooth as Butter

2.Gear Shift: Short throw and Smooth (Read absence of notchy behaviour, no sound, unlike Indicas)

3. Tyres: Bridgestone B250. I was surprised and happy. Not too comfortable with Goodyears

4. NVH: This is an area where we see oodles of improvement and still some room to cover. It is higher than the Swift, not i20 (I recently sat in one).

Headlights: Awesome throw. The bulbs are 55W, however I feel no need to change them. Had changed the same bulbs on my U-VA and the Ritz as the throw and power were inadequate.

The rear wiper, defogger and rear fog lamps are easy to use. The next snap is that of a all lit interior:

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-lit.jpg

Went for getting my duplicate license as had lost the same. Came back home in the evening and asked my driver as to where can I get empty roads and he mentioned, the new Capital. Yes, Raipur city is now getting a full new City which will initially house the entire administration and then slowly housing would come up. Work is complete in terms of roads which are literally expressways and the Secretariat. Well then why wait. Let's go for a spin and this is what I did to test the so the So Called Indica by Some. The car drove with a lot of character and handled superbly at high speeds.

The car had completed a month so dad had gotten the 1st checkup done. All Clear.

Finally everything planned to leave Raipur on 6th morning @ 5. Left Raipur @ 5 and straight on the NH 6 to Nagpur. This road was a nightmare till some years ago as it was a single carriageway. Last year the road was getting converted to 4 lane. Now it's a breeze to drive to Nagpur. The initial 240 kms were done in flat 3 hours, so 290 Kms can easily be done in 3.5 hours.

The car @ 2K RPM and 80 km/hr, just needs a tap of the foot to hit 120. A very nice change from my earlier drive.

Took the Nagpur byepass to Hyderabad which was a bit rough. All this while I was at the back seat and it felt like a SOFA. Absolutely no jerks, jumps, vertical movement as the suspension is set just right as per Indian road conditions.

*(More on the Nagpur - Hyderabad 4 lane in a different section alltogether)*

At high speeds, the steering does feel nice and you feel confident at those speeds.

As it was getting a bit hot during the day, the A/C was switched on and it worked wonderfully.

Overall, I found the package to be very good VFM. It ticks almost all the boxes in a hatch category except ABS and Alloys.

Must mentione here about the In-dash 2 Din player. I was told that the quality of the speakers is not good and would have to upgrade, however I am pleasantly surprised in this area too. Yes, it's not kind of those component speakers, however it very decent for normal use.

The Bluetooth syncs as soon as you put the bluetooth on your phone and enter the passcode. You can receive, dial calls and the speaker would automatically mute the music. You can access all received, dialled list and also access the Phonebook from your phone.

The best feature is that you can also play music by Bluetooth Streaming from your phone once it is synced. Isin't that super cool

The volume and change track keys work flawless.

As mentioned earlier, ingress and egress are pretty easy. Rear seat comfort is the best in class. Not just that, it exceeds that of DZire, Micra, Pulse, Etios, Liva, Punto, Swift, i20, Figo, Fiesta Classic. Simply amazing legroom with stunning underthigh support and good back support. The headrests are adjustable and offer good neck support overall. The height of the rear bench is also just right if you sit in the centre section.

Now a must add here is that I have not seen a single niggle in the car since I have taken it (a month). Although this is what anyone would desire from a 6 lac+ car, but yes, its a stunner from TATA.

Now that the car has completed 1K Kms, I can easily feel the difference in the engine sound. It is much muted and does not have the shrill as compared to when the car had only 350 Kms on the ODO. In Cabin sound too has reduced to half from what I can notice.

So overall, I must admit that the car has been a sensible and a practical choice. Although seeing the way I drive, Swift would have been a natural choice, here the Mind won over the Heart and am sure has made a right choice. The other good thing is that now I am very mindful driver and rarely cross 2000 RPM in city traffic. Not because I am vary of the maintenance involved, but because "I am again in Love".

Hearty thanks TATA.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd August 2015 at 12:29. Reason: Deleting mention of high speed driving
gauravdgr8 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 11:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

Congratulations, will wait for your visit to Raipur to drive the car, and pictures. National Garage are good in the city.

I frequently do a Raipur trip, and have seen lots o Tata cars as once you get out of Chattisgarh (towards MP or Orissa) the sales and support of others is sparingly available. Hence owning a Tata car makes perfect sense.
Old 10th January 2012, 21:31   #3
BHPian

As the car had travelled from Raipur to Hyderabad, it required a nice wash. Checked with a fellow BHPi'an Motomaverick and he said that 3M gives a nice foam wash.

Drove to their outlet today afternoon and got preferential treatment in terms of free Tyre Dressing as soon as the guy saw the TeamBHP sticker. The guest representative Afsar was very polite, helpful and stood around during the entire wash period.

Uploading some of the pictures of the wash.

Ready to get washed.

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-prep-wash.jpg

The Jet Wash

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-jet1.jpg

The Foam Spray

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-foam1.jpg

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-foam2.jpg

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-foam3.jpg

The Post Washing product

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-post-wash.jpg

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-post-wash1.jpg

The Wiped and Dried product

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-final.jpg

The Mirror Finish

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-mirror.jpg
gauravdgr8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 22:46   #4
BHPian

Gaurav - Welcome to Vista VX SpiceRed club. This colour will surely grow on you, as will the car and the whole package.

You beat me to the ownership report, I guess yours is the first report on Vista (latest avatar) in the forum.

You will get all the help from me in debadging, am an experienced hand in that

Last edited by skumare : 10th January 2012 at 22:58. Reason: Added text
skumare is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 22:59   #5
BHPian

Hi

Good to see you on team-bhp. Congrats on your buy. A good upgrade over the UVA u had.
Pashin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 23:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Gaurav, finally we get to see the Fuego, the red looks really good on the Vista. I guess your experience with 3M was good, when u did 150 was the car already over the 1k kms mark?

So how much was the uva gone for? You will have to change your driving style to adapt to this Tata Qjet, not much just a little so that you are always in the turbo band

Last edited by motomaverick : 10th January 2012 at 23:09.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 10:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Gaurav on your wonderful Vista.
Recently we were scouting for a hatch for one of my friends and did have a look at the Vista interiors and there's oodles of space inside.
We were kind'a overwhelmed, the space in Vista even beats my Ikon hollow.
The new refreshed Vista makes a lot of sense particularly in the diesel version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
when u did 150 was the car already over the 1k kms mark?
Yeah Motomaverick, I think in the pic above, the Odometer shows 1702km and the tripmetes shows 336km !! so the car was driven already for >1k kms. !!
Old 11th January 2012, 10:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

@ Gaurav, Congrats on an awesome TATA product, I got my Silver Vista refresh on 28th October and have so far covered 3600 trouble free amazing kms and am loving it everyday! Am yet to start an ownership thread, will do it soon.
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 10:59   #9
BHPian

Yeah Motomaverick, I think in the pic above, the Odometer shows 1702km and the tripmetes shows 336km !! so the car was driven already for >1k kms. !![/quote]

Hirak/Manish: Actually the 1702 is the clock. The word ODO is kind of hidden in the light and it actually is 336. I clocked 150 before the 1K

What to do can't resist the temptation to check the turbo power. My first diesel car. Also when I sat in the car, Fuego said: "Where have you been. It's been a month I have come home and you have not taken me for a ride. So had to respect Fuego as I did not want to risk the volcano from erupting."
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 11:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Hirak/Manish: Actually the 1702 is the clock. The word ODO is kind of hidden in the light and it actually is 336. I clocked 150 before the 1K

What to do can't resist the temptation to check the turbo power.
oh man!! only 336km on the odo and you are pulling a diesel car to 4k rpm!!
Don't do that, have some patience my boy!! Your time will come.
On a serious note, even though the first service is over, don't take your car to such speed till around 1500kms on the odo. or atleast keep the rpm under 2500.
But what the manual says ?
Old 11th January 2012, 11:29   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
So how much was the uva gone for? You will have to change your driving style to adapt to this Tata Qjet, not much just a little so that you are always in the turbo band

Well sold the U-VA via Tata for exchange. They offered 2.1 + 40k exchange bonus + 10K discount. The offer by far exceeded my expectations as was excpecting something in the range of 2.25-2.4. There were a couple of buyers (travel agents who put a LPG kit) who had offered max of 2.15, however I was hell bent on 2.4. I even offered to change all 4 wheels to new and still insisted on that amount. But at last what I got from Tata was a sweet deal.

Why I say Via Tata, is that Tata too has a tie up in the city with the local second hand car dealers and the car is sold directly from their shops rather being kept in Tata backyard. The car was actually picked up by a travel agent at that price.

Nope the car was sent to Raipur. Remember I was carless for 3 months. The U-VA was sent just before Diwali and that's when I test drove the Vista.

Last edited by gauravdgr8 : 11th January 2012 at 11:50. Reason: Added text within 30 minutes
Old 11th January 2012, 11:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 17th January 2012 at 14:23.
motomaverick is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th January 2012, 11:39   #13
BHPian

Congrats for your 'fuego'
It literally looks stunning in the shade.
Neat interiors too.

NVH levels lesser than new Swift?
Impressive I must say

P.S. The car is in its running in period, please don't push the car this hard. You might end up screwing up the engine. Have some patience
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 11:53   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Congrats for your 'fuego'
It literally looks stunning in the shade.
Neat interiors too.

NVH levels lesser than new Swift?
Impressive I must say

P.S. The car is in its running in period, please don't push the car this hard. You might end up screwing up the engine. Have some patience

Turbokick: The car now matches the NVH levels of that of a Swift, however before the run-in period, it was a bit higher.

As far as the interiors go, the designers in Tata have done a phenomenal job of making the beige look Fresh, Neat and not Boring. The centre console is actually a boon in city driving. You can see the tip of you bonnet and becomes too easy to judge in bumper to bumper traffic.

I know I should not have pushed the car, however as mentioned earlier, could not resist. Nevertheless, now the run-in is over.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 11:58   #15
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase Gaurav. The color looks great.

Take care of your car and it will take care of you.

Most Viewed