Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2012, 19:46   #61
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinbalance View Post
CASKA HU is a OEM approved kit and fitted by Hyundai authorized dealer and purchased through their showroom. I wanted to make absolutely sure that there are no warranty issues and the fitter does not mess with the in dash wiring..

..In the CASKA, it reconnects instantly regardless of the number of times you crank the engine.
Hello allinbalance
It would be very helpful if you could tell me which dealer in bangalore has a caska unit for the fluidic verna. Trident or Advaith? I have booked my car at Trident and contemplating a sound system upgrade. What did this cost you and did you add any amps / replace the stock speakers?
thanks in advance

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd July 2012 at 12:40. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire posts as it may inconvenience small-screen/mobile users. Thanks :)
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:19   #62
BHPian

@cars_crazy Apologies for the late reply as I was travelling. CASKA HU can be installed best with the Trident Hyundai people. They have a amazing guy called Nayaz from CASKA distributor support who does the installation with minimum fuss and 100% professionalism.

Important update: CASKA has upgraded its "D" series HU to "smart" capability - which means that it is now Andriod OS based with tons of more features. S**t, I missed it!!!

So do remember to ask them for the latest smart HU for Verna Fluidic.

@cars_crazy Sorry I missed your second query. The total cost was INR 50K. No replacement of stock speakers required as they have good bass and mid-range. The Hyundai OEM speakers are Blaupunkt - so no need to change them. You might want to add a TurboBass box in the rear - if you really like - but it would be a pity to cut open such a nicely done rear tray.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd July 2012 at 12:39. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Thanks :)
allinbalance is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 15:49   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Getting 15-16 kmpl at 140 kmph is quite good. Am sure this drive would have involved a lot of acceleration, braking & gear changes?

And 16-17 kmpl in city conditions is quite within expectation if I am not wrong. Remember, driving within 90kmph gives you insane mileage, we cannot really expect the same in speeds above 100 kmph on highways or within city.
Hey swiftnfurious, do you think it is better going for a 1.4 ltr than a 1.6 ltr options for verna?? Though fuel efficient, will the car be able to meet the expections of such a pricy car?

Quote:
@cars_crazy Apologies for the late reply as I was travelling. CASKA HU can be installed best with the Trident Hyundai people. They have a amazing guy called Nayaz from CASKA distributor support who does the installation with minimum fuss and 100% professionalism.

Important update: CASKA has upgraded its "D" series HU to "smart" capability - which means that it is now Andriod OS based with tons of more features. S**t, I missed it!!!

So do remember to ask them for the latest smart HU for Verna Fluidic.

@cars_crazy Sorry I missed your second query. The total cost was INR 50K. No replacement of stock speakers required as they have good bass and mid-range. The Hyundai OEM speakers are Blaupunkt - so no need to change them. You might want to add a TurboBass box in the rear - if you really like - but it would be a pity to cut open such a nicely done rear tray.
Hi Alli,

I too enquired the same with the sales woman @ Austin (kolkata), but she was unable to tell me which brand the headset belong to and the speaker company. Are yo aware of which brand the music system belongs to?

Last edited by manson : 3rd September 2015 at 15:54. Reason: Please avoid back to back posts by using the edit tab whilst posting within an interval of 20 minutes.
Old 16th July 2012, 08:40   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delix View Post
Hi Alli,

I too enquired the same with the sales woman @ Austin (kolkata), but she was unable to tell me which brand the headset belong to and the speaker company. Are yo aware of which brand the music system belongs to?
@delix The OEM speaker set is Blaupunkt (white label). The stock head unit is a JVC white label (info source: the Trident guys at Bangalore). I do know for a fact that the new Fluidic Sonata and CRV have Harman/Kardon white label speakers. It was in a interview with the Hyundai North American CEO in Straits Times a few months ago.

There are auto gurus among the Mods like @GTO and @sid_indica who know far more about OEMs that I can even begin to know - recommend you check with them if you wish to.

Note: For all ICE fans interested in the Fluidic Verna after market ICE systems - do NOT, repeat NOT allow anyone to install any system which needs even one single wire harness modification or cutting. Hyundai is very harsh (particularly for Verna - their crown jewel) about their warranty coverage. I know of one installation in Hoskote which caused complete warranty void on a 5 day old car!

Quote:
Hey swiftnfurious, do you think it is better going for a 1.4 ltr than a 1.6 ltr options for verna?? Though fuel efficient, will the car be able to meet the expections of such a pricy car?
@delix Sorry for cutting into your message to @swiftnfurious!

I had the exact same doubt before I bought mine. Here is my suggestion - it would make sense to - a) buy the 1.6ltr if you do long runs where the additional weight and power gives better driving pleasure; b) stick to 1.4ltr is you are a city commuter only where power does not really count in most Indian cities.

Last edited by manson : 3rd September 2015 at 15:55. Reason: Please avoid back to back posts by using the edit tab whilst posting within an interval of 20 minutes.
Old 19th July 2012, 02:10   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you have the budget, go for the 1.6L engine itself. It is still fuel efficient like the 1.4L, you got additional power at your disposal too! Am sure you will use the extra power with caution though, it being a softly sprung car! Also 1.4L doesn't come with ABS, does it [It comes with all 4 disc brakes from what I know]? One more bigger reason to buy the 1.6L

Quote:
@delix Sorry for cutting into your message to @swiftnfurious!

I had the exact same doubt before I bought mine. Here is my suggestion - it would make sense to - a) buy the 1.6ltr if you do long runs where the additional weight and power gives better driving pleasure; b) stick to 1.4ltr is you are a city commuter only where power does not really count in most Indian cities.
For city, I would rather look at the driveability of the versions than the CC metric.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th July 2012 at 02:13.
Old 14th October 2012, 21:44   #66
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 15th October 2012 at 17:40.
DeKay is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th October 2012, 14:59   #67

Guys,

i have completed arond 8000 KM on my car, i would have love to clock in some more kms but was out of country for some time, i must say the car is doing great and is like a driving a dream,

a detailed and to the point review soon...
abhi_k007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2012, 05:02   #68
BHPian

To the Verna owners, am joining the club tomorrow- taking delivery of my Grey Fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX- the question I have is on the ICE.

Is the stock system i.e the HU+Speakers good enough? Now I understand sound quality and preferences are purely personal, but on a very broad level does this set up provide a decent bass+treble output?

Would you recommend a change of the HU or maybe component speakers at the front door, while retaining the OE speakers in the rear door.

Lastly, any suggestions for a decent double din HU - at the lowest price point possible. On a budget you see
Old 6th September 2013, 12:11   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
To the Verna owners, am joining the club tomorrow- taking delivery of my Grey Fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX- the question I have is on the ICE.

Is the stock system i.e the HU+Speakers good enough? Now I understand sound quality and preferences are purely personal, but on a very broad level does this set up provide a decent bass+treble output?

Would you recommend a change of the HU or maybe component speakers at the front door, while retaining the OE speakers in the rear door.

Lastly, any suggestions for a decent double din HU - at the lowest price point possible. On a budget you see

Its coming almost one year later but here's my two cents:

I bought my Hyundai Verna in Nov 2012 and have not updated the stock HU or speakers. I feel the quality and loudness of music is good enough. In fact some of my friends were also quite pleased with the audio system and asked me if I had put aftermarket audio setup.

I recently bought a Polo GT TSI and compared to that ANHV is far far better. So unless you are an audiophile or are looking to wake the neighbourhood, stock setup should do just fine.

Mod Note: Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th September 2013 at 10:24.
Old 24th September 2013, 23:56   #70
BHPian

I have misplaced the iPod connecting cable in my fluidic Verna. Where could I source one or is it available with the dealership??
Ihave done around 16k Kms now bit iv noticed a peculiar grinding noise on moving the car on a slope especially when the clutch is midway off and it comes at a particular angle only and not always and I think from the right front side. Has anyone faced the same??
Old 1st December 2013, 11:04   #71
BHPian

Having spent a considerable sum in buying the Fluidic, may I enquire the reason for not going for the AT version ?
Old 14th December 2013, 15:41   #72
BHPian

I just got my Verna it's scheduled service of 20 k Kms. I'd been hearing a peculiar grinding noise on disengaging the clutch on slopes and got that checked as well. Apparently there's some fault with the clutch and it isn't covered under warranty. The SA did not have any opinion on the cost or the reason though. Luckily I do know the owners of the dealership very well which the SA was not aware of. On the boss getting into the picture the update is that there could be an issue with the gearbox too and a mail has been shot off to hyundai to get it all covered under warranty. Let's see how that develops.
Old 18th August 2014, 19:41   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
I just got my Verna it's scheduled service of 20 k Kms. I'd been hearing a peculiar grinding noise on disengaging the clutch on slopes and got that checked as well. Apparently there's some fault with the clutch and it isn't covered under warranty. The SA did not have any opinion on the cost or the reason though. Luckily I do know the owners of the dealership very well which the SA was not aware of. On the boss getting into the picture the update is that there could be an issue with the gearbox too and a mail has been shot off to hyundai to get it all covered under warranty. Let's see how that develops.
Hi Rugrags, was your clutch and gearbox replaced ? How much did the replacement parts cost ?
Old 20th August 2014, 12:17   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Hi Rugrags, was your clutch and gearbox replaced ? How much did the replacement parts cost ?
The entire clutch system was replaced but it was done in warranty so i wasn't charged anything for it. Post that my FE has improved a lot too. From 11-12 in the city to 15-16 in the city.
Old 20th August 2014, 19:32   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
The entire clutch system was replaced but it was done in warranty so i wasn't charged anything for it. Post that my FE has improved a lot too. From 11-12 in the city to 15-16 in the city.
Yeah I get it but was the parts cost mentioned on your bill or did your SA mention it ? I'm still in a dilemma whether to go in for an extended warranty or not.

What was the reason given for such an early clutch failure ?

Most Viewed