Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 11:43   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Congrats on the SX(O) !

How do you find the clutch ? Hard/comfortable?
Based on a test-drive, this has the amongst the softest clutches available. I don't own this car yet, but its on my radar.
risga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 12:17   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congrats abhi_k007.

Very good write up there. I was a little surprised that you did not like the Rapid.

Fluidic Verna undoubtedly is one of the best looking sedan (I like Linea too). The overall package is tremendous and unbeatable. If someone is using it mostly inside city, then its a gem of a car. The fit & finish is mind blowing and every corner oozes quality.

Please upload more pics.

Wishing you many happy miles with the beauty.
No offences to Skoda but I found Rapid too plain for my liking and the front looks familiar to the Fabia so there was no freshness in the design, therefore i decided against it purely on looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Congrats on getting the beauty.

Since you have driven both Verna and Vento, I would ask you, how would you compare the Vento against Verna? I know for a fact that Verna is cutting into the sales of most other sedans in this price range.

Off late, I am seeing many people buying white colored car. May I ask you why you chose white? It definitely looks good, but isn't it difficult to maintain? My friend recently bought a white colored City!
Hi,

The vento is a very nice car, with roomy interiors, very good engine and the handling of the car is top notch, but i think it does loose out to the verna on looks and the feature list, the new verna when compared to the vento is leagues ahead in features, and i guess the maintainance of the Hyundai's are comparatively on the lower side, and on top of it it was again polo with a boot... which also played a major role in the decision.

personally i love white color and the reasons like white reflects a lot of heat therefore helps to keep you car cool, and it is easier to spot on the highways where there are no street lights, yes it does take a little effort to keep her clean but then i guess it looks best in white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Abhi,
First of all congratulations on getting your brand new Verna. The car looks great and white color makes it all even better.
By the way, during the test drive, did you get a chance to drive the car at high speeds? I have seen a lot of people criticizing the Verna because of its high speed instability.

Any accessories planned?
i did took her on the highway and have done around 100kms/hr and she was rock solid, there was no sense of it mis-handling, the steering feedfack was great and she stops in a straight line, so no handling issues as of now, probabaly i would be able to put some more light to it after few more highway trips.

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Was waiting for a new review of the Verna and now its finally come!

Congratulations Abhi!!
looks gorgeous. I have seen till date only whites and silver Vernas, with one or two grey.We have almost decided in on the Verna,black sx(o) petrol but just waiting for the refreshed city(dad is Honda fan!)!

Does the Verna come with ESP? its not mentioned in the team bhp review? or is it?
Planning any mods?? upgrading of ICE?
Thanks mate, i guess the white and silver looks great on this car and the showroom guy was telling me that 80% of the car sold by them are either silver or white.
The top model of the car does come with ESP.
i am not planning the ICE as of now the music systems works fine and is quite sufficient for my likning but i am planning to get the below listed upgrades:

1. GPS tracker
2. vKool/3M heat resistant films

any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th December 2011 at 12:53. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote+) instead. Thanks
abhi_k007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 12:56   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandavadi View Post
Congrats Abhi. I too have booked SX(O), hope it should get delivered by this month.

I have asked this question before in another thread, but no response. Have you checked the difference in the Instant FE display when you switch on the AC and when it is off? Can you share the numbers?
though i haven't driven the car much till now but to share the numbers, when i was driving with the AC the figures did drop to 18-18.1 from 1.6-18.7 types but did not go beyond that, probably its too early to say about the FE with AC but you hardly notice any difference with the AC on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Congrats on your new purchase, the "Beauty and the beast". This car in particular looks the best in White. Before I purchased my Fabia, I had test driven this and I was quite impressed with the power and how quickly it can accelerate. Anyway, this was over my budget and had to leave it at that.

One problem I faced during the test drive was that, it was scraping almost every other hump in the road (quite badly that too). How has your experience been with road humps in the initial drive?

Enjoy your new car and drive safely

Cheers
Thankfully i did not face any issues in that department, she managed to jump over all the speed-breakers, i took her out of Delhi where the speed breakers are like mountains, and she did pretty ok, but u have to be careful not to cross breakers in speed as it increases the chances of the bottom scrapping due to soft suspension, but if you manage the speed properly i am sure you can avoid it.

but you have rightly said beauty with lot of power.

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Congrats on the SX(O) !

How do you find the clutch ? Hard/comfortable?
The Clutch is super soft and feels no problems at all, so u wont mind changing gears often.

cheers

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th December 2011 at 03:41. Reason: Please read the note in your post carefully, thanks
abhi_k007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 15:51   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_k007 View Post
The top model of the car does come with ESP.
Cheers
Does the 1.6 CRDI SX(O) Manual comes with ESP? I have not seen a product literature that supports this. Is this mentioned in the Owner's manual?
Old 8th December 2011, 16:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

congratulations Abhi. the Fluidic is one of my options for my next upgrade!

i've always found the clutch/gear shift super smooth in the Hyundai cars (Santro/Accent/Getz); that was one of the reasons why i chose the Getz over the Ikon/Fiesta.
Old 8th December 2011, 16:35   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

First of all, congrats on acquiring the superb Fluidic Verna, Abhi. The car is a certified head-turner, and the leading contender for the Car Of The Year award, IMO. (If only the XUV 500 wasn't launched this year!)

Quote:
The vento is a very nice car, with roomy interiors, very good engine and the handling of the car is top notch, but i think it does loose out to the verna on looks and the feature list, the new verna when compared to the vento is leagues ahead in features, and i guess the maintainance of the Hyundai's are comparatively on the lower side, and on top of it it was again polo with a boot... which also played a major role in the decision.
My feelings, exactly. No Comfortline and a pretty sparsely loaded petrol Highline at a steep price does take away a lot from the Vento. Even the fully loaded diesel Highline (at a humongous 12L price) with steering controls has 2 dummy buttons, which is a bit of a shock strategy by VW.

Quote:
i did took her on the highway and have done around 100kms/hr and she was rock solid, there was no sense of it mis-handling, the steering feedfack was great and she stops in a straight line, so no handling issues as of now, probabaly i would be able to put some more light to it after few more highway trips.
High speed handling is one area where I was apprehensive of, going by the reports I read everywhere. I took a long and extended TD of the Verna a week back and I am glad to report that it was quite stable at speeds of 100-110ish, and handled well in the ghats nearby at a speed of about 75-80. I am quite impressed by it's poise in the road as well as it's road-handling manners, actually.

Quote:
Thankfully i did not face any issues in that department, she managed to jump over all the speed-breakers, i took her out of Delhi where the speed breakers are like mountains, and she did pretty ok, but u have to be careful not to cross breakers in speed as it increases the chances of the bottom scrapping due to soft suspension, but if you manage the speed properly i am sure you can avoid it.

but you have rightly said beauty with lot of power.
Glad to hear that about the GC as well. Thanks a ton, Abhi.

Quote:
The Clutch is super soft and feels no problems at all, so u wont mind changing gears often.
That's heartening news as well. Looks like Hyundai has been silently working on the feedback they are getting and improving the Verna's road-handling, stability, suspension and other stuff. Good show, Hyundai!

I have finalised the Fluidic Verna 1.6 as well, but mine will be the petrol variant. She will be in my garage come February 2012, and most probably be in the Stone Beige shade. Thanks for all the feedback so far, Abhi.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 8th December 2011 at 16:37.
Old 8th December 2011, 22:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Yooohooo. You got my favourite car of the segment. I know I might sound unfaithful to my 6 month old i20 but I have already started imagining a Verna SX Crdi in my garage.

Quote:
On road Price (Delhi): 11, 91,000 Rs
Teflon and antirust coating: 7K
Total: 11, 98,000 on Road Delhi.
I am confused here. The site shows that its cost Ex-showroom 1019000 in delhi. So taxes and insurance = 172000
Can you please give the breakup.

Last edited by Pancham : 8th December 2011 at 22:16.
Old 9th December 2011, 09:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Abhi on the Diesel Rocket. Have many many happy miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I am confused here. The site shows that its cost Ex-showroom 1019000 in delhi. So taxes and insurance = 172000
Can you please give the breakup.

Confused Pancham ? Bro, I don't want to imagine what state you will be if you look at the OTR Cost in Bangalore along with breakup!!

Let me help you a bit here :

Bangalore RTO (SX Opt) - 1,99,174 approx.
Insurance - 35,883 approx.

Just imagine how we "Bangaloreans" should feel!!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 9th December 2011 at 09:12.
Old 9th December 2011, 11:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats Abhi on the Diesel Rocket. Have many many happy miles.

Confused Pancham ? Bro, I don't want to imagine what state you will be if you look at the OTR Cost in Bangalore along with breakup!!

Let me help you a bit here :

Bangalore RTO (SX Opt) - 1,99,174 approx.
Insurance - 35,883 approx.

Just imagine how we "Bangaloreans" should feel!!
I know I know. But the Verna is registered in Delhi right? And taxes are not as much as Bangalore I guess. That is why I asked?
Poor Bangaloreans. I do feel bad. If I were in your city I wouldnt have been able to afford my current ride.
Old 26th December 2011, 15:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
My feelings, exactly. No Comfortline and a pretty sparsely loaded petrol Highline at a steep price does take away a lot from the Vento. Even the fully loaded diesel Highline (at a humongous 12L price) with steering controls has 2 dummy buttons, which is a bit of a shock strategy by VW.
One of the major plus points of Verna over Vento is the engine refinement, clutch and the cabin noise. If you go thru the ownership reviews of quite a few Vento owners, there are quite a few Vento owners who have been complaining about excessive engine noise inside the cabin and the coarse engine and the hard clutch.

I might live with the Verna not handling as superbly as the Vento at 120+ kmph; but I definitely cannot accept driving a car daily to work which is noiser and has heavy clutch. I need peace of mind while driving to work even if it's in the bumper-to-bumper traffic !!
Old 26th December 2011, 20:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car, this car deserves more ownership reports in the forum. Thanks for your initiative and wishing you a very pleasant and memorable ownership experience.

Gift her a good set of tints and a HSRP and she will look even better. Though I like the grey shade in the new verna, white is still THE colour to go for.

@junkishya - Spot on, and this coming from an vento owner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
One of the major plus points of Verna over Vento is the engine refinement, clutch and the cabin noise. If you go thru the ownership reviews of quite a few Vento owners, there are quite a few Vento owners who have been complaining about excessive engine noise inside the cabin and the coarse engine and the hard clutch.
Old 26th December 2011, 22:23   #27
BHPian

do not diss the vento

Just kidding. I haven't noticed a heavy clutch. Definitely not light, but not heavy enough to comment. Not very noisy either. Maybe I'm just lucky, but my vento just keeps begging me to drive it daily.

Congrats on the verna. Great looker and the options are great. I didnt TD it when choosing my car as the waiting period kept it off my list but your review shows its as great to drive as it looks. Certainly shook up the segment along with the Rapid.

D
dingolphie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 23:05   #28
BHPian

Congrats on a great car. I would pick this up over any other car in that segment

For me, All that boat like handling which people talk about is a bit over rated. I test drove the new Verna twice. Once on a Sunday afternoon and drove it around 120'sh and the car felt absolutely fine. Considering that most people on this forum agree that doing any speeds above 120 on Indian highways is highly dangerous, why would i need to even bother about handling beyond that speed! I have an i20 crdi and do speeds of around 140'sh constantly on the NICE road and have never really felt out of control. The refinement is what hits you! 100 kmph in 6th gear and you would just be entering the turbo range at 2k rpm and pin drop silence. Simply brilliant.

I drove uncle's Innova recently. Was doing around 120kmph and the road noise filters in so much that you literally have to shout to talk to someone else in the car. Hated it so much.

I thought i20 was the quietest crdi around. This thing is even better. A head turner, stonker of an engine, superior noise insulation, super smooth gear box , and if you still feel bored, you have all the gizmos to play around with Have many happy miles ahead.
Kimified is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 00:06   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolphie View Post
do not diss the vento

Just kidding. I haven't noticed a heavy clutch. Definitely not light, but not heavy enough to comment. Not very noisy either. Maybe I'm just lucky, but my vento just keeps begging me to drive it daily.

D
I felt my Palio clutch was light till the day I drove the Verna !! It's just that I got used to Palio's clutch that when I drove Verna I just loved Verna's !! Verna's gear shift is spot-on !! Combined that with very light steering wheel and soft suspension makes it a idle vehicle for city driving !!

With the 2012 Honda City ready for delivery from January, Vento and Verna's Petrol models might see sales going down. However Diesel versions of both vehicles will be untouched.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th December 2011 at 20:01. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTI-QUOTE / QUOTE + buttons when responding to multiple posts. Thanks
junkishya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 14:32   #30
BHPian

Congratulations and welcome to the family!
We share the same thought about SX4, Vento and Rapid . None of these cars get my adrenaline rushing. Verna looks great, offers great features and drives good too. In my report, I mentioned the same problem about non-illuminating controls on the door which is surprising as my old Getz also had that feature.
I have driven this beauty at 200 (little plus) on Hyderabad outer ring road and it was not a mis-handler (primarily because it was fully loaded) but otherwise also, I never felt issues. I've got the body color changed to vermilion red and did some body graphics and got spoiler and scuds from USA so now car stands out in the crowd (It was silver and I bought it the same day it came out).
Enjoy your ride, you'll enjoy it for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks