Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2011, 19:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT

Mayank buddy congrats on the silver beauty. Below link will help you with your queries reagrding to maintenaince etc for the Civic.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-must-dos.html

Wish you thousands of happy revving miles.
Old 18th December 2011, 21:58   #32
BHPian

please compare with baleno.i always find baleno to be one of the best highway car.is the civic much better?how is ride,seating position,high speed manners as compared to baleno?
Old 19th December 2011, 05:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Mayank buddy congrats on the silver beauty.
Thanks, will go through the ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
please compare with baleno.i always find baleno to be one of the best highway car.is the civic much better?how is ride,seating position,high speed manners as compared to baleno?
, So let me first describe how Baleno feels on highway and how Civic feels on whatever limited highway runs i have done so far. Will add more to this once we complete our Chennai trip this weekend.

On highways Baleno chugs on the road like a glue, and glides extremely comfortably at speeds till 120. Between 120-140 she is slightly uncomfortable but still manages wonderfully, and beyond 140 is still planted on the road but sudden braking makes its go restless.

On good roads she is comfortably at east and on bad roads she manages well, albeit at slower speeds.

On whatever limited highway runs i have done on Civic, its only better in department of chugging the road like a glue (Wider tyre), acceleration is much faster hence overtaking needs very minimal planning (1.8L as against 1.6L), braking is amazingly confidence inspiring (As all four are discs as compared to front discs and rear drums). Gear shift much much smoother then Baleno which feels rubbery.

Ride is equally harsh as Baleno (Civic suspensions are slightly softer, hence slightly better, but that means extra care on bad roads). Seating position, i think one can find the right seating position with height adjuster, both me and my wife did not had any problems in this department.

Will have more to add by the end of this month. In short Civic is like Baleno++ (if i can call that) .

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 19th December 2011 at 05:26.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 06:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mayank,
Firstly a big 'Shabash' on getting Banno !
The silver Civic of yours sure looks grand both on the outside and inside.

Secondly - pity to have lost you - from somewhere near the Fortuner Club. But I am sure some day you'll realise that...blah, blah and blah...and rush back to the club .

Congratulations, have fun and many, many delightful miles with Banno !
Old 19th December 2011, 06:48   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Mayank,
Firstly a big 'Shabash' on getting Banno !
The silver Civic of yours sure looks grand both on the outside and inside.

Secondly - pity to have lost you - from somewhere near the Fortuner Club. But I am sure some day you'll realise that...blah, blah and blah...and rush back to the club .

Congratulations, have fun and many, many delightful miles with Banno !
Thank you HG, welcome to the thread.

Na, not lost, just delayed. Neither Fortuner, nor i have lost sight of each other,the entry is only delayed for sometime. Just yesterday on the ring road myself and malkin were lurking around and a black Fortuner (reminding me of @Nilanjan's) overtook us. Both of us smiled, so the fire is still burning strong .
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 20:12   #36
BHPian

Congrats Mayankjha - A bit delayed. Sorry.

The Civic looks gorgeous. I know my question is ancient - but wanted to know your perspective on some of the speed breakers, I was in Bangalore recently and was just having a conversation on how GC non friendly the speed breakers are. Any thoughts on new version of civic manages them. My comments are specially from the breakers on route to the new airport. Thoughts will be much appreciated.

Best - ML.
Old 19th December 2011, 21:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Congrats Mayankjha - A bit delayed. Sorry.

your perspective on some of the speed breakers, I was in Bangalore recently and was just having a conversation on how GC non friendly the speed breakers are.
Thanks, its never too late .

On GC, let me see if i can describe it, tried looking at your garage so as i can give a comparative perspective but couldn't find any similar area so as we can compare. Not sure if there are any common cars that we both have driven and i can give you a perspective, so i will go ahead comparing it with Baleno and the new Airport road that you have possibly have driven on.

As compared to Baleno, Civic GC is slightly lower (Not in terms of numbers but possibly the wheelbase), so one needs to be more careful as compared to Baleno, but in 95% of the cases it will behave in the same way. i.e. not scrape. In last one week of ownership i have mildly scraped once.

Now coming to the new Airport road in Bangalore, I have taken it to mother of all speed brakers (The Sarjapur road one, near the railway line). Even the Grand Vitara slightly scraped this speed breaker. Now if i take Civic straight on, it scrapes on this speed breaker but if i am careful and take it with slight slant (or across) it does not scrape. This is one speed braker where all cars (Altis, Cruze (real bad)) had scraped in this segment. So i can confidently say on new airport road Civic will not scrape anywhere, although i have not taken Civic there yet but i am confident.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 08:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

Today morning while coming to IIIT for a conference decided to use mapmyindia although i knew the route. It gave exact directions till i reached the gate. Asked me to get on the elevated expressway and take right at the right place on expressway no too late so as to miss the right rurn.

On consistant speeds of 80 it behaved wonderfully confidence inspiring.
Old 21st December 2011, 05:36   #39
Senior - BHPian

Some more pictures.

Cannot comment on the music quality of Caska, to me it seems to be fine. One sore point the USB point, there is a USB connection cord that would hang in this place to connect the USB drive (See red circle)
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-caska-usb.jpg

Rear seat has ample of space, with drivers seat at a normal position for my driving
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-civic-rear-seat-space.jpg
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-civic-rear-seat-space-1.jpg

Amazing stance
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-civic-side-front.jpg

Nice clean uncluttered dashboard, which still looks fresh as compared to new kids on the block.
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-civic-dashboard-1.jpg
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-civic-dashboard-2.jpg

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 21st December 2011 at 05:38.
Old 21st December 2011, 07:18   #40
BHPian

Great pictures Mayank! By the way, does the Caska support rear parking sensors as well. If yes, could you please show us how it displays the distance on the unit. A picture would help.
Old 21st December 2011, 07:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Great pictures Mayank! By the way, does the Caska support rear parking sensors as well. If yes, could you please show us how it displays the distance on the unit. A picture would help.
Look at post #3 and post #30. You would see the reverse camera with grid lines colored (Green, Yellow, Red), Now green is ~3Feet+ away, Yellow is ~2Feet+ away and Red is 1Feet. So with the camera you get a sense of distance.

Apart from this there is beeps (I guess this is not part of Caska, it came originally with Civic VMT) where in beeps starting 3 Feet and then progressively gets faster and faster as you get closer.

But i agree there is no Distance (as a number) display on Caska (Like i saw on some other rear parking sensors)
Old 21st December 2011, 12:15   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
The Baleno is much more tractable in traffic, the low end torque is amazing... but the Civic struggles in city, you got to revv it real hard!
Old 21st December 2011, 15:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind

The Baleno is much more tractable in traffic, the low end torque is amazing... but the Civic struggles in city
In my one week of driving i have not found the civic to struggle in city, although i found myself struggling as its a new car and would like to avoid getting scrached as long as possible.

That said i also find it easier to drive baleno in city purely because of smaller dimentions and me being more used ro it. In time i am sure i will feel the same way about civic.
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:08   #44
BHPian

She is drop dead gorgeous. This is the only car I love staring at. Congratulations Mayank. Wish you miles of happiness. Btw, the Caska unit looks super cool.
aviorp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:40   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
She is drop dead gorgeous. This is the only car I love staring at. Congratulations Mayank. Wish you miles of happiness. Btw, the Caska unit looks super cool.
Thanks, yes the Caska is still keeping me busy with all its technology and features, the best part i key in the place and it helps me drive to that place with voice. Will try and record it and post it here.

As i am driving her more, i am liking her more for her strengths, the cabin inside is super silent and few times i have cranked her again, only to realize a few seconds later that she is already running.

Its tough to keep this steed under 3k rpm, hopefully with complete 1000Kms within the next few days with upcoming Chennai trip.

Was reading somewhere the first service does not require oil change, just some cleanups and checkups, wondering why would it be so?

Most Viewed