Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 07:15   #61
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Foul smell still comes initially when i switch the AC on
@mayank - have you confirmed that the root cause is not rats (I suspect this mainly since you say foul smell) ?
In your case this may be early days, usually rat menace has some tell tale signs like gnawed wires, electrical failures etc but those are after significant damage is done.
Sorry, don't intend to scare you.
Old 17th January 2012, 11:36   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
@mayank - have you confirmed that the root cause is not rats (I suspect this mainly since you say foul smell) ?
, nope its not rat problem i am sure of that. How? there is no rat problem in this apartment area, there have been no complaints from others what so ever and finally the smell is not rat (dead) smell. Its like a dust smell (Not sure how can i express that in words, and don't laugh, the dust also has peculiar smell).

My guess is it would need some filter cleaning, or as others have mentioned it will go away on its own after sometime. Will show it to A.S.S in the first service.
Old 17th January 2012, 20:32   #63
Senior - BHPian

Have been looking for a soft copy of this picture for quiet some time. Last week when Honda Customer Care called from Delhi to check if Civic Delivery and buying experience was smooth, i mentioned to them that i was only given a framed photograph what i would have also liked is soft copy been emailed. In ~30 mins i get a call from Whitefield Honda apologizing for the same and another copy of framed photograph been mailed (couriered) to me.

When i mentioned that i was actually asking for soft copy, he send this over email. Posting it here. One of the memorable photographs Malkin getting keys of Banno

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-civic-delivery.jpeg
Old 18th January 2012, 00:04   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a strange smell that comes when you start the AC, i am not sure why that is the case. There might be a need to clean some air filter or something. It's only there when starting the AC and soon goes away in few seconds.

Anyone has any clue how to go about fixing it, or is there a DIY for this?
This is common on most cars. Just switch off AC with blower on 30s-1min before you switch off the car. Will help to dry out any moisture/condensation which will prevent the musty smell when you next switch on the AC.
lancer_rit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 19:21   #65
BHPian

A query on 2011 Civic quote at Bangalore. There are two 2011 Civic V AT cars available, and the sales person offered 1.2 lakhs cash discount + Caska. If I choose not to take Caska, another 50K cash discount. Color choices are either white or silver. But they insist on insurance from them, with all the NCB transfer as well. All this were offered when I went to check City VMT Sunroof. I did take test drive of both City and Civic (Manual) and found Civic much better for all round (it has to be). I have asked the sales person to offer more. What do members here suggest on this? Thanks.
Old 23rd January 2012, 06:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeSteer View Post
A query on 2011 Civic quote at Bangalore. There are two 2011 Civic V AT cars available
Whats the final OTR that you are getting the VAT for (Is it with Sunroof)?

Mine cost me 14.5 OTR including everything, but its a VMT without sunroof. My guess it if its costing ~16 OTR it should be a good deal.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 08:11   #67
BHPian

Thank you. It is V AT without Sunroof. Since I was inquiring City with sunroof, the sales person said he could fit sunroom in the offered Civic V AT for 80K. I wonder whether this is advisable. Pre-discount onroad price, as per pricelist is 17.49. Even if I just accept current offer of 1.2 cash discount + 50K additional discount instead of Caska, it will be 15.99. If I add my No Claim Bonus, it may bring another 20K or so down.

One specific question: Should I check with other dealers as well? or does Honda have any dealer system, that other dealers come to know of interested customer?

Thank you.
Old 23rd January 2012, 08:58   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
, nope its not rat problem i am sure of that. How? there is no rat problem in this apartment area, there have been no complaints from others what so ever and finally the smell is not rat (dead) smell. Its like a dust smell (Not sure how can i express that in words, and don't laugh, the dust also has peculiar smell).

My guess is it would need some filter cleaning, or as others have mentioned it will go away on its own after sometime. Will show it to A.S.S in the first service.
Is it the smell of the mud which you feel just after it starts raining? I have this problem in my car. I had posted this in a different thread last week.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2651882

I'm facing this issue after second servicing. Need to check out with the service centre. As you guessed filter cleaning may resolve this. Have you tried the method suggested by lancer_rit? I'll try it out this evening.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 23rd January 2012 at 09:04.
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:11   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Is it the smell of the mud which you feel just after it starts raining?

Have you tried the method suggested by lancer_rit? I'll try it out this evening.
Yeah, something similar, or when you have lots of dust in the car (the dust from outside) and it smells similar. The thing is it only comes initially and goes away after that.

Yes i have tried it once, before switching the engine off, forgot to take notice the next day , will try again and report.

Also when i switch on the blower at highest speed i see some dust coming out of the vent and once that happens it smells good again.
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:34   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeSteer View Post
One specific question: Should I check with other dealers as well? or does Honda have any dealer system, that other dealers come to know of interested customer?

Thank you.
You are welcome, yeah i would not advise fitting sunroof at the dealer, if it has come fitted from Honda then its fine otherwise i would stay away from dealer fitted sunroof (There are chances of it leaking etc).

So final OTR without sunroof is coming to ~16L (With Caska), then i would say its good deal.

Off-course you should call other dealers as well, I am not sure about the Honda (Common Dealer thingy) but i was negotiating with one and Whitefield Honda came and gave another 50K worth of discount which sealed the deal.
Old 28th January 2012, 13:38   #71
BHPian

I called another dealer to check 2011 Civic offers, if any. They did not have any 2011 units, but were willing to give some offer on 2012 units. I got some basic offer on VMT Sunroof model, but I am asking for 16L final OTR. This itself is high price, if Civic also goes the Jazz and City way of price adjustments when new model comes in.

My choices now narrow down to Civic and Cruze.
Old 30th January 2012, 12:05   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Just switch off AC with blower on 30s-1min before you switch off the car. Will help to dry out any moisture/condensation which will prevent the musty smell when you next switch on the AC.
Yes its surely a muddy or musty smell, and its not more stronger then before. So Saturday while returning from somewhere i did tried the technique. Switched off AC and ran just the blower at higher temperature setting before turning the engine off.

Next day i start the engine again and after a few moments switch on the AC just to check if the smell does not come. It was there as soon as i switch the AC on and in about 2 minutes it goes away.

PS: 5K done, time for second service sometime in Feb. Absolutely loving it
Old 31st January 2012, 12:51   #73
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and already 5K service done.
Yes .. quite fast because of the KORBA trip I feel.

Quote:
Yes its surely a muddy or musty smell, and its not more stronger then before. So Saturday while returning from somewhere i did tried the technique. Switched off AC and ran just the blower at higher temperature setting before turning the engine off.

Next day i start the engine again and after a few moments switch on the AC just to check if the smell does not come. It was there as soon as i switch the AC on and in about 2 minutes it goes away.

PS: 5K done, time for second service sometime in Feb. Absolutely loving it
Smell can be because of the fungus in the HVAC system or might be frm the cabin filter too.
Check this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-fan-hvac.html
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 13:20   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Congrats and already 5K service done.
Yes .. quite fast because of the KORBA trip I feel.
Thanks, yeah mostly because of the Korba trip. The car just begs you to take it on highway (and i beg malkin to approve long trips, so that i get a chance to drive it). It's hardly used within City (Only weekends).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Wow, a complete thread dedicated for foul smell from AC. Will read through first and then once i have tried enough will report. Thanks for the link.
Old 31st January 2012, 20:11   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes its surely a muddy or musty smell, and its not more stronger then before.
That sounds like moisture/condensation causing fungus/algae etc to build up, which dries away after a while!
Quote:
So Saturday while returning from somewhere i did tried the technique. Switched off AC and ran just the blower at higher temperature setting before turning the engine off.
Not quite sure what you tried. What I do is just switch off the AC button, leave heat/cold settings unchanged.

Quote:
Maybe in your next service, get your AC duct etc cleaned once ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks