Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 09:46   #91
BHPian

Re: Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Finally the RC book, the card type arrived after almost 3 months, but worth the wait. I am thinking of carrying xerox of this thing rather than the original card as both me and my wife drive the car.

Is that ok in Bangalore, or is it a necessary to carry the card along with the car? Also i am guessing on out of city drives one needs to travel with the card for sure, am i right?
I still carry color xeroxed and laminated RC (keeping the original at home), had only two instances in Bangalore where they checked, and there was no problem what so ever.

If you are out of city, nothing to worry as long as all the details on the RC match the car (very often they check), they only would be keen on NOC, License and rest.

Iam currently in Hyd from past 11months and they never asked me RC, once I paid the road tax, they only ask it since it's KA registered vehicle.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 30th March 2012 at 09:49. Reason: typo
raghu230506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 20:06   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Finally the RC book, the card type arrived after almost 3 months

Also i am guessing on out of city drives one needs to travel with the card for sure, am i right?
I suppose I am lucky to receive the smart card RC in a month's time. But what I am not as lucky is, HondaAssure policy document. Even after a month, it has not reached me, which HondaAssure claims 'Immediate Policy Issuance'.

Normally on out-of-state trips, I carry all original documents.
SafeSteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 02:56   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeSteer View Post
But what I am not as lucky is, HondaAssure policy document. Even after a month, it has not reached me, which HondaAssure claims 'Immediate Policy Issuance'.
This is strange. I get the policy documents pronto. In fact they normally email the soft copy within a day or two !
Old 31st March 2012, 04:59   #94
Senior - BHPian

I never received HondaAssure policy documents, i guess this is an insurance from the dealer and supported/supplied by Honda. In my case there is Reliance Insurance.

How is HondaAssure better then any other insurance? also is it more expensive then other insurance folks?
Old 12th April 2012, 07:40   #95
Senior - BHPian

Next weekend a relatively long drive to Tirupathi is coming up, last time we went there on my Baleno i remember the roads were not very good in certain sections. Will be interesting to see how Civic handles those bad patches.

Anyone has taken their Civic's on this route, and if they faced any problems, more specifically to under-body scraping?

Otherwise the car is running like a true Honda, keeps going on and on with no fuss what so ever.
Old 24th April 2012, 12:10   #96
Senior - BHPian

7k reading update.

The car crossed the 7k mark while on a trip to tirupati, behaved well on the highway, did not drive fast unsafe speeds and kept a steady ~100 speeds. It behaved well over the curves and on the uphill climb, and downhill drive.

In between bad roads were not a problem, crossed some mammoth speed-breakers and never scrapped. Fuel efficiency returned for overall trip and some local driving in Bangalore and Tirupati was 12.9.

Two problems noticed, one when suddenly hard braking from speeds of about 120 the car shuddered a little and it felt as if the brakes were struggling to bite. This did not happen if the braking was slow and smooth. Second, the AC took time to become chilly, especially if the car was doing slow speeds the AC was blowing cold air but not chilling, when it started moving fast (~80) then the AC become very effective and chilly. Need to get these checked.

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-20120424-05.56.261.jpg
Old 14th May 2012, 15:00   #97
Senior - BHPian

Honda, you really surprise.

Just got a call from the lady who helped my buy the car from Whitefield Honda that they would like to meet me regarding a complaint that i had filed. I do not remember filing any complaint so i ask what complaint are we talking about. She mentioned that its regarding the photograph at the time of taking delivery.

All i told the lady from Honda is i would have preferred a soft copy of photograph than the photo-frame as it helps me keep the original. They marked that as complaint and want to ensure that the customer is satisfied.

She also made a remark as to Honda takes its customers complaints very seriously.

I am happy, amazed and have a sense of appreciation for the way they treated this unimportant (Not even a complaint) irritant from me. Way to go Honda.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 14th May 2012 at 15:17.
Old 14th May 2012, 15:16   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honda, you really surprise.

Just got a call from the lady who helped my buy the car from Whitefield Honda that they would like to meet me regarding a complaint that i had filed. I do not remember filing any complaint so i ask what complaint are we talking about. She mentioned that its regarding the photograph at the time of taking delivery.

All i told the lady from Honda is i would have preferred a soft copy of photograph than the photo-frame as it helps me keep the original. They marked that as complaint and want to ensure that the customer is satisfied.

She also made a remark as to Honda takes its customers complaints very seriously.

I am happy, amazed and have a sense of [COLOR=#333333]appreciation for the way they treated this unimportant (Not even a complaint) irritant from me.[/COLOR] Way to go Honda.

I exactly have the opposite experience. This was more important than a photograph. I had placed an order for a duplicate key with remote, with Honda more than 2 months ago and I am yet to get it. Multiple visits to the dealership, raising it with Honda one2one, providing with all possible documents etc have all gone in vain and the fact of matter is that I still dont have my key. Everytime someone calls me from Honda, they sound so courteous and seem to listen and do something about this but nothing has ever happened. This is shoddy service from Honda.
Old 15th May 2012, 05:19   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I had placed an order for a duplicate key with remote, with Honda more than 2 months ago and I am yet to get it.
With my limited knowledge (I might be wrong here), manufacturers do not make duplicate keys, its quiet long and painful process. Hence if one looses the keys the only option/suggestion these days one gets is to replace all locks.

So you might have asked something that they are seriously unable to deliver. Did you try posting this query on the Civic problems thread to get some other folks opinion?
Old 21st May 2012, 12:35   #100
Senior - BHPian

Last friday someone senior came to office to personally meet me and thank me for the business. Gave a box of 3M supplies which had windshield, upholstery, dashboard, glass, Tyre cleaner.

While general chit/chat i mentioned to him that my brakes judder when i brake from speeds ~120+ and he requested me to call him before next service and they would replace the Discs under warranty. I also mentioned him that in about an year i will have to look at some sort of Diesel SUV, it would be nice if Honda had something under its stable.

To which he smiled and his response was Sir, first the Brio Diesel is slated for launch. Diesel SUV is still a far cry .
Old 30th May 2012, 11:45   #101
Senior - BHPian

Tomorrow we start another 1000Kms trip, got the car checked and everything looks fine. Spoke about the brake judder and the SA asked me to check again on the highway and report back next week and thereafter they would replace if needed. At the moment he checked it and said it looks fine to him.

Will get a chance to drive through ghats, four lanes expressway, and some bad roads, and report back on Monday. Today's check was quiet detailed and did not throw any surprises.
Old 31st May 2012, 16:21   #102
Senior - BHPian

Just finished 600+ Kms drive (One way) which involved some high speed driving and mostly sedate driving. The brake judder seems to have subsided quiet a bit. Now i can safely brake from speeds ~130, anything above that and the judder returns.

Mostly stuck to 100-120 speeds as the surroundings were lovely and folks were enjoying it.
Old 5th June 2012, 12:17   #103
Senior - BHPian

Completed a 1500 Kms drive to Goa and back, the onward journey was through Hubli route and return through Shimoga route. Found a few things about the car.
  • Absolutely fantastic to drive through plain 4 lane highways. It picks up speed and stays glued to the tarmac like an elephant sitting on top.
  • At much higher speeds the soft suspension creates problems, it makes you feel the car has lost contact with the road. Maybe once the warranty is over i would upgrade to Konis.
  • The Braking judder, which was not evident while going came back on the return journey. Looks like time to replace the Disc/Pads.
  • The AC which always is a chiller, somehow fails to chill when the speeds are lower, or the car is crawling. Once you hit about 60 the AC starts to be a chiller again, so much so that its difficult to keep it switched on.
  • On the return journey through two lane highway (Single lane each way), the ups and downs on the road get amplified by the softer suspensions. The same suspensions feel comfortable on a flat surface.
  • It is so much difficult to drive this thing at sedate speeds, if one wishes to do that its better to choose roads which do not allow higher speeds.
  • Fuel efficiency figures were quiet amazing. I got 13+ while going and ~16 while returning. Calculated tankful-to-tankful method.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 5th June 2012 at 12:21.
Old 5th June 2012, 21:59   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  • Absolutely fantastic to drive through plain 4 lane highways. It picks up speed and stays glued to the tarmac like an elephant sitting on top.
  • At much higher speeds the soft suspension creates problems, it makes you feel the car has lost contact with the road.
I completely agree to the above two points. The Civic is far more comfortable at sedate speeds on 4 lane highways rather than doing high speeds when the 'soft' suspension bottoms out frequently. In my recent 1500 km long trip to Nagercoil and back, even the span joints in the bridges created quite a ruckus inside.
Quote:
  • The Braking judder, which was not evident while going came back on the return journey. Looks like time to replace the Disc/Pads.
Ah, so your car has this problem too! I just complained to my SA last week that I am facing this problem. Adding to that, there is a 'whistle noise' every time I apply brakes the first time after cruising. Under repeated application, the noise vanishes.
Quote:
  • Fuel efficiency figures were quiet amazing. I got 13+ while going and ~16 while returning. Calculated tankful-to-tankful method.
The variation in fuel efficiency figures in the Civic is astonishing. In the same trip that I was refering to, I got the very same figures of 16 (maintained 80 - 90 at about 2000 rpm) and 13 km/l (consistently above 100 - 120 at 3000 - 3500 rpm).
Old 5th June 2012, 22:54   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Braking judder, which was not evident..
  • The AC which always is a chiller, somehow fails to chill when the speeds are lower...
I have both the problems in My Civic too though i am not sure if the second (a/c) is actually a issue.I have noticed the a/c is at best average when the speeds are low and only begins to chill when the rpm hits higher or the car is driven at higher speeds.May be this is a feature of the Civic's a/c.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks