Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2011, 11:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ready to reclaim my life with my New Tata Safari Dicor

News about Safari are always a HeartBurn...and yours truly awakens those hearty wishes seeing it decend down from Heavens What a way to get it and you really got the whole excitement started with those few snaps. Hearty Congrats on the Fabulous Pearly White Beast. Look forward to more.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 12:43   #17
BHPian

Congratulations! That advertisement was/is one of the best out their for a set of lifestyle wheels! Hope you have the time of your life with her.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 15:11   #18
Team-BHP Support

Mods note: Thread moved from Assembly Line to Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports.
Old 16th December 2011, 16:00   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

That's an awesome delivery shot! Congratulations.

The closest one can get to the VW-AUDI Car Tower in Germany.
Attached Thumbnails
Ready to reclaim my life with my New Tata Safari Dicor-volkswagencars612mz112910.jpg  

Old 17th December 2011, 09:34   #20
BHPian

Yesterday, I put new seat covers. I tried to stick to the same color interiors. I changed them at XENEX Hyderabad.

It took 4 hours to fit them

Take a look at the new seat covers

Ready to reclaim my life with my New Tata Safari Dicor-dsc_0036_1.jpg

Ready to reclaim my life with my New Tata Safari Dicor-dsc_0037_1.jpg
Old 17th December 2011, 11:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry1983 View Post
Yesterday, I put new seat covers. I tried to stick to the same color interiors. I changed them at XENEX Hyderabad.

It took 4 hours to fit them

Take a look at the new seat covers
Congratulations.
I too drive an Estilo and currently at 62k mark with daily running of 85kms. I guess you would agree that after getting used to Estilo, one would not like much of the sedans or anything apart from a MUV/SUV (coz of the seating height). I keep my thoughts swaying around XUV/SAFARI/BOLERO/SX4 but plan to keep mine a year more.
Moreover, spoiled with the M.A.S.S and very low cost of ownership with Estilo, I keep wondering about my next buy. Considering mine being old gen Estilo, currently fetching 14.6kmpl in city and 18kmpl on highway is acceptable.
Will keep watching this space and may be TATA wuold have another member added to their buyers list.

Last edited by GTO : 18th December 2011 at 12:06. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 17th December 2011, 16:04   #22
BHPian

May I ask one thing: Did they give the discount as a refund cheque or you paid after deducting the discount?

My dealer has given quotation w/o showing any discount. He says discount will be refunded by cheque.

May be this is because finance from bank is involved? - i.e. to help avail max loan? Sales guy said this is their normal procedure.

Last edited by mayuresh : 17th December 2011 at 16:05.
Old 17th December 2011, 16:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Congratulations.
I too drive an Estilo and currently at 62k mark with daily running of 85kms. I guess you would agree that after getting used to Estilo, one would not like much of the sedans or anything apart from a MUV/SUV (coz of the seating height). I keep my thoughts swaying around XUV/SAFARI/BOLERO/SX4 but plan to keep mine a year more.
Moreover, spoiled with the M.A.S.S and very low cost of ownership with Estilo, I keep wondering about my next buy. Considering mine being old gen Estilo, currently fetching 14.6kmpl in city and 18kmpl on highway is acceptable.
Will keep watching this space and may be TATA wuold have another member added to their buyers list.
Thank you. Estilo is a great small car and absolutely no maintenence cost. its great to see that you are still getting 14.6kmpl after 62K. Mine used to give only 12kmpl after 40k. I agree with the seating height, its great to see the complete road while driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
May I ask one thing: Did they give the discount as a refund cheque or you paid after deducting the discount?

My dealer has given quotation w/o showing any discount. He says discount will be refunded by cheque.

May be this is because finance from bank is involved? - i.e. to help avail max loan? Sales guy said this is their normal procedure.

Over here, the exchange bonus is included in the quotation. So, I payed the amount after the discount. Even my car is financed by HDFC and it has nothing to do with the discounts as they fund based on the ex-showroom price.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 18th January 2012 at 05:34. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
Old 17th December 2011, 19:30   #24
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Harry congratulation. Nice shot of the Safari decending from the skies.

Do keep us updated as you reclaim your life. The new pseudo leather seat covers look real nice. The longer they take to fit the better the fit.

Nitrogen in tyres does not have any real impact on the ride quality its advantage is that since it does not get heated and expand during the drive the tyre pressure remains constant at all times more or less and internal friction too is lesser.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 19:58   #25
BHPian

I received my sales invoice today along with the temporary registration certificate and life tax receipt. I remember the point about excessive life tax by dealers from PDI and paid close attention to it. OMG there is a difference of RS 3800/- . This is daylight robbery by the dealers. I approached the accountant who created my invoice and he was little suprised to know that I discovered it. However, he sliently went ahead and brought me a white paper and asked to write a letter requesting my refund. I submitted the letter and was asked to come and collect the cheque on Monday

Once again Team-BHP protected my hard earned money

Last edited by bblost : 20th December 2011 at 14:55. Reason: extra smiley removed. Please use no more than 2 per post. Thanks.
Old 19th December 2011, 17:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Don't go smiley crazy

I would suggest the following

1) Get extended warranty
2) Get better rubber if you have $ asap
3) Get 90/100 Philips Rally with some good relay kit ~ total would be below 1000rs INR

How much did the seat cover cost?
Old 19th December 2011, 18:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats. Don't go smiley crazy

I would suggest the following

1) Get extended warranty
2) Get better rubber if you have $ asap
3) Get 90/100 Philips Rally with some good relay kit ~ total would be below 1000rs INR

How much did the seat cover cost?
Thank you jkdas,

1. I opted for 2+2 years (150000kms) extended warranty for Rs7500
2. I dont have the $ to change all the tyres at the moment as I plan to invest in the ICE and GPS.
3. Upgraded to Phillips 90/100 essential power as I could not fine Rally in most of the shops in Hyderabad. However the dealer said it won't need a relay kit as the default setup can handle it. But I am not sure. Will I overload it without a relay?

I was charged Rs6800 for the seat covers

Last edited by Harry1983 : 19th December 2011 at 19:01. Reason: forgot to answer the question
Old 19th December 2011, 18:55   #28
BHPian

I did my second refill today and I got a milage of 13.65kmpl for the first refill. This is better than my Estilo driving in the city. I did some offroad drive over the weekend to get a feel of it and it did an amazing job. I took it over some inclined slopes close to a field.

Some pics from the drive:

Ready to reclaim my life with my New Tata Safari Dicor-dsc_0003_1.jpg

My wife having fun with the steering

Name:  DSC_0008_1.jpg
Views: 3203
Size:  127.7 KB

Ready to reclaim my life with my New Tata Safari Dicor-dsc_0009_1.jpg

I and my buddy

Ready to reclaim my life with my New Tata Safari Dicor-dsc_0012_1.jpg

Taking it over an incline.

Ready to reclaim my life with my New Tata Safari Dicor-dsc_0016_1.jpg
Harry1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 19:00   #29
BHPian

Congrats for your new set of Wheels...i too call my SUV buddy that's a coincidence
supratim07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 21:49   #30
BHPian

Congratulations buddy! The safari indeed looks quite intimidating. Good to see that you had a good dealer experience too.

Most Viewed