Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 09:45   #16
BHPian

re: VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
Thank you ayedongivadam. Much appreciated. And your car looks fabulous.

The LEDs are a must have, I have decided. Even the city lights and Number plate lights look gorgeous. Especially the number plate lights add a dynamism to the rear. Are you using ECS tuning lights for the number plates? If so, and they are showing errors, how do you propose to overcome this issue? Like you said in the other thread, the resistor cables? But would that mean cutting wires somewhere? In the comparison photo from the front, the LED looks much brighter, though you said they are not as bright as the stock yellow lights?
Thanks Druk, No am not using ECS for now; as I posted earlier I did pick up one expensive set of DRL's while I was abroad and ordered a cheap set from an online business later - I found no difference between the quality of either. Am running the cheap ones (1/3rd the cost) right now as the DRL to ascertain the longevity and any other issues around the bulbs. Now that I know which lights throw errors and what to do about them I will give ECS or the other quality manufacturers / suppliers a shot.

The bulb out error can be rectified by either swapping out the existing bulbs with something with a built in resistor or by putting in a cable adapter kit, since my bulbs aren't expensive at all I am planning on swapping out the bulb itself. Either way there are no wires to cut.

I don't know if this is accepted - but if you can tell me so, I would be glad to post links to the website and the exact bulbs I ordered from them for you to make a choice. Let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Congratulations ayedongivadam Nice handle

What are the names of the dealers who missed a customer and who gained one?

ACC doesnt switch between inner circulation and external air source mode (atleast not in my FIL's i20). It just maintains the inner temperature to the one set. You can choose if you want inner circulation mode or not.
Thanks raVan! Vidyut lost; BU gained. I would recommend BU for sure! Their sales staff and most importantly their post-sales staff have immense experience from their Mercedes dealership, its a class apart.

On the automated AC; My SX4 on auto mode does keep switching back and forth from re-circulation to fresh air there is no way to just keep it on re-circ while in Auto mode. I guess its got something to do with the car manufacturer not wanting the driver to doze of behind the wheel with high levels of CO2 in their blood!
Ayedongivadam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 15:22   #17
BHPian

Hi Ayedongivadam,
Can you tell us which one of these are appropriate for the DRL's?

2x 7443 T20 Xenon White 68 3528 SMD LED Stop/Brake Tail Light Bulb DC 12V 2pc | eBay

2x 1157/Bay15d White 68 3528 SMD LED Brake/Stop Tail Light Bulb DC 12V 2pc Set | eBay
Old 19th December 2011, 15:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Sorry DeKay, none of the above. The first link is to a 'T20' type bulb and the other link is a for '1157' type bulb. They are both wrong for the DRL socket on the Jetta which is a '1156' type. What you need is the below (The pic at the link is from my Jetta)
DRL
1156 3.5W 68-SMD LED 310-Lumen 6500K Brake/Backup White Light Bulbs (Pair/DC 12V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
Ayedongivadam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 18:28   #19
BHPian

DIY :: Jetta Trunk fully extends on opening

The Only tool you will need (INR120/- for the set) Allen Key no. 3
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-allen-keys.jpg

To unscrew the pictured Trim Screws
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-trunk-liner-1.jpg

Step 1: Use the Allen Key to unscrew both the screws
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-screw-out.jpg

Step 2: Gently pry out the Trim from under the beading
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-trim-out-1.jpg

As below
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-trim-out.jpg

The spring will originally be in this position or in the middle hole - I had mine in the no. 1 hole; tried the middle before I moved to the fully extended position it is in now; The last hole works best for me.
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-spring-1.jpg

As such
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-spring-3.jpg

Repeat the steps for the other spring on the opposite side, try the trunk opening action out a couple of times, reinsert trim (push it in under the rubber beading firmly using both your palms flat against the trunk) Align the Trim holes to the Screw receptacles on the trunk metal - Re screw, Admire and enjoy!
Ayedongivadam is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 01:20   #20
BHPian

That is exactly what I have done with my car. I did a check the very 1st day and found out that it was in the out most end, and quickly changed the setting. Now the boot opens all the way up as if on hydraulics.
Old 20th December 2011, 10:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
That is exactly what I have done with my car. I did a check the very 1st day and found out that it was in the out most end, and quickly changed the setting. Now the boot opens all the way up as if on hydraulics.
Makes you wonder why VW in all their wisdom did not initially set up the springs in this manner? Oh well! It does add a certain class to the car doesn't it? I guess with the springs stretched out so, we might need to replace them once every couple of years. Small price to pay.

Added 'Weathertech' floor liners to the rear. Too bad the front's aren't available for our RHD versions.

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-wt-pack.jpg

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-weathertech-mats.jpg

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-weathertech-rear.jpg

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-weathertech-fit.jpg
Old 20th December 2011, 11:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Lovely color of the car there. Quite liked the rego number too.

Those mats look nice, but IMHO the color doesnt gel well with the beige interiros.
What was the cost for these mats? Why not get Kagu or likes, where you get pretty much the excact shade of beige.

That DIY of boot opening was pretty neat. For the convenience it offers, the price of the spring is pretty paltry, if you ask me.
Old 20th December 2011, 11:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar

Those mats look nice, but IMHO the color doesnt gel well with the beige interiros.
What was the cost for these mats? Why not get Kagu or likes, where you get pretty much the excact shade of beige.

That DIY of boot opening was pretty neat. For the convenience it offers, the price of the spring is pretty paltry, if you ask me.
I guess kagu 3D mats are not yet available for the new Jetta. Moreover these are a perfect fit at the rear. The old Jetta/Laura mats are not of exact fit for the new JETTA as the rear leg space has been increased. But yes, I did not really like the color and finish of these mats. Kagu is way better. It will soon be available.
Old 20th December 2011, 11:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

Thanks I wanted '666' for my rego no. (My SX4 is registered '666' - on the Jetta it would have looked evil nice) but it was gone. This number is from the Two Wheeler's registry block (HJ).

The Mats cost USD60/- excluding shipping.

Quote:
I guess kagu 3D mats are not yet available for the new Jetta. Moreover these are a perfect fit at the rear. The old Jetta/Laura mats are not of exact fit for the new JETTA as the rear leg space has been increased. But yes, I did not really like the color and finish of these mats. Kagu is way better. It will soon be available.
Yes, the mats aren't available yet, am still running the clear plastic with the paper mats(?) provided by the dealer in the front. Seems like they will get here end December. Will pick up the front set then.

On the color: I didn't want 'TAN' as I hate having it all around, I'm not too big a fan of the interior color provided by VW, would have liked some choice which unfortunately wasn't being provided by them so exercised mine with the mats. They look decent.
Old 21st December 2011, 10:35   #25
BHPian

Badge'd Her!

Mk VI Jetta
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-mk6-badge-t.jpg

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-mkvi-t.jpg

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-mkvi-profile.jpg

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-mkvi-closeup-t.jpg

This goes on next after I remove the OEM plain Jane chrome 'TDI' badge and figure out the placement.
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-tdi-redi-t.jpg

What do you guys think?
Old 21st December 2011, 14:21   #26
BHPian

Ayedongivadam,
Have you considered the full red 'GLI' badge? It would surely look hot! That said, the "TDI' bade you have purchased, definitely looks better than the stock one.
Old 21st December 2011, 14:28   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
What do you guys think?
Great car, and an excellent choice of colour!

If you ask for an opinion on the badging – sorry to say, IMHO it looks a bit tacky, and the rear looks crowded now.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 14:54   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
If you ask for an opinion on the badging – sorry to say, IMHO it looks a bit tacky, and the rear looks crowded now.
I agree. Jetta is all about not being loud and this new badging doesn't go well with it at all. It is large with red thrown in - I wouldn't do that.

Lovely car, I am waiting for their next upgrade to this car with climate control, xenons, etc. - I hope they do it!
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 23:22   #29
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to say but the MK VI badge is just too big and makes the rear look too cluttered. The TDI badge would look fine.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 01:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Well, in more cases than not, these badging kind of looks weird. Coz almost everybody can easily make out that these are 'stick on' cheaply available badge.

Moreover, such stuff usually looks out of place in more expensive cars. This badge is too big anyway. Please remove it. It is at loggerheads with the clean understated and uncluttered look of the Jetta.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks