Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8

Agree to what Vid says here. The MK VI looks a bit too big for the boot. On the other hand, the TDi would look good.
But, in all honesty, the boot looks clustered now.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:10   #32
BHPian

Excellent review Ayedongivadam. Had been waiting for it. Well written & I admire the patience inspite of tech mix up & having to write it all again.

The DIY for boot opening was neat. I guess mine had been sprung correctly as it does open all the way since beginning.

The LED mods look excellent. Will PM you for help with similar thing on my ride.

Excellent choice of ride as well as the color. This would have been my color of choice but I guess the family was fed up with Silver (all the previous cars have been silver - I really love that color on my cars) hence decided to go for Black. Toffee Braun was a v interesting color but not my appetite. I hope VW comes up with more premium - greens, maroons etc in future. This is a car with handsome lines & would look gorgeous in all of those.

I had a similar dealership experience with Vidyut & BU & I totally agree that BU is the way to go. 55K corp discount is really cool. Not sure if they have different amounts for different companies as I only got a 38K off.

Let's plan to catch up sometime for the Pune Jetta owners meet
vkaul1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

Loving the Car and hating the badge mate !!
Let it remain clean at the back. Fatter rubber and a black tint on the rear glass is the best way to make the car look fab from the rear on angle IMHO.
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:51   #34
BHPian

Sid,

I would second all those who posted on the negative here mate. A great fan of your mods already, but this one is way too overboard. Please remove them if we are not intruding on your personal choice. But you asked for opinion and we here are guys honest. The rear looks awkward and screams "aftermarket". The letters are too large and do not gel with the overall look.

Vkaul, the corporate discount is different state wise as well as as company wise. Moreover they have different amounts for each variant of the Jetta too...
Old 23rd December 2011, 08:39   #35
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your comments everyone, I appreciate the feedback and Yes, the rear did look a little crowded to me once the MK VI badge went on. Lets see, I am thinking of shaving the entire rear and painting up the VW emblem if I can find some Plasti-Dip or a VW color can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post

Will PM you for help with similar thing on my ride.

This would have been my color of choice but I guess the family was fed up with Silver (all the previous cars have been silver - I really love that color on my cars) hence decided to go for Black.

I had a similar dealership experience with Vidyut & BU & I totally agree that BU is the way to go. 55K corp discount is really cool. Not sure if they have different amounts for different companies as I only got a 38K off.

Let's plan to catch up sometime for the Pune Jetta owners meet
Thanks mate! Let me know it will be a pleasure to help out. R-Silver and White were the only color's that were available for delivery around the time I wanted to pick my car up - Black that gorgeous color for the wife and folks is a big no - no. :( I don't think I'll ever be allowed a black automobile.
Last, yes I'm pretty sure there is discount list they maintain for different companies. The sales manager did refer to some chart after I told him the name of the organisation I work for as well as the companies I would be optioning the lease from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
Sid,

I would second all those who posted on the negative here mate. A great fan of your mods already, but this one is way too overboard. Please remove them if we are not intruding on your personal choice. But you asked for opinion and we here are guys honest. The rear looks awkward and screams "aftermarket". The letters are too large and do not gel with the overall look.
Thanks again to you and everyone else with their feedback. And you hit it spot on, the letters are too large. Thanks!
Old 25th December 2011, 19:48   #36
BHPian

Me Dub took its first Ding today. A colleague in the co-drivers, unaccustomed to the 90 Degree / three stage opening of German cars slammed my door out into a bull-bar planted in a companies parking lot I had business at. LOUD bang (very loud) left me fearing the worst but thank the stars for the solid build quality there is just a wee little ding on the door, just a paint chip nothing more (Will put up a pic if needed). Any other car, this would have been quite a dent. I'm so chuffed!
Old 26th December 2011, 13:43   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Me Dub took its first Ding today. A colleague in the co-drivers, unaccustomed to the 90 Degree / three stage opening of German cars slammed my door out into a bull-bar planted in a companies parking lot I had business at. LOUD bang (very loud) left me fearing the worst but thank the stars for the solid build quality there is just a wee little ding on the door, just a paint chip nothing more (Will put up a pic if needed). Any other car, this would have been quite a dent. I'm so chuffed!

I know what you are talking about. I had my first scar a few days back as well.. A swift started & cut across the lanes from the left with no indication whatsoever.. The good brakes ensured that the car came to a halt with no drama - unfortunately not so the case with the scooter who was following close behind. Not bad, just a scar on the bumper though - but I share how you feel
Old 30th December 2011, 09:52   #38
BHPian

Yesterday I received a package I was eagerly waiting for which contained some 'Chrome accents' for the pillars. As you can see the package was pretty ill treated by the postal service and I'm not too sure if I'll be able to straighten the chrome strips out enough for them to go on my car.

The chrome strips are meant for the 'B' pillar of the car, which due to the efforts of my overzealous car washer are scratched/scuffed/swirled beyond belief.

Package
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-package.jpg

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-box-bent-pillars.jpg

Chrome side (The white chrome protection cover peels off)
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-chrome-side-up.jpg

Adhesive side
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-3m-side.jpg
Old 31st December 2011, 18:36   #39
BHPian

So my Dub got some belated Christmas cheer and joy to ring in the new year! I wonder if the Dub is as happy as I am? Estimated shipping January 20th as a couple of the items are expected in store around the 17th. Can hardly wait.

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-ecs-order.jpg

Here's wishing you, your families and your trusty steeds a fun filled, prosperous and above all a very safe New Year! May all your dreams come true.

Warm regards
Sid
Old 4th January 2012, 21:24   #40
BHPian

Did you install the DRLs by yourself or did you get it done at the dealer? I am taking delivery of the car in two weeks and i ordered the same LEDs from dealextreme. Do you have any information on how to install these? Any help would be great.
Old 5th January 2012, 14:39   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reventon2010 View Post
Did you install the DRLs by yourself or did you get it done at the dealer? I am taking delivery of the car in two weeks and i ordered the same LEDs from dealextreme. Do you have any information on how to install these? Any help would be great.
I did them on my own, its a pretty simple procedure by itself, though the lack of space in the housing makes things a bit interesting.

Unscrew the Low beam cover, reach in to the bottom of the light housing and you will feel the plastic mount of the DRL bulb. Turn (counter clockwise I think) and pull out, mount the LED, snap it back in and you're done.
Old 5th January 2012, 15:06   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I did them on my own, its a pretty simple procedure by itself, though the lack of space in the housing makes things a bit interesting.

Unscrew the Low beam cover, reach in to the bottom of the light housing and you will feel the plastic mount of the DRL bulb. Turn (counter clockwise I think) and pull out, mount the LED, snap it back in and you're done.
Hey where are the pictures of your ride with the DRLs?
Old 5th January 2012, 15:26   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey where are the pictures of your ride with the DRLs?
Page one of this thread, scroll down to the 10th post or so and you should see the images.
Old 5th January 2012, 18:00   #44
BHPian

Hey sid. The B-pillar strips... how do they look on the car? Expecting some pics soon dude.

And you list of orders are pretty interesting, Waiting eagerly for updates from you as and when you install them. Of particular mention is the city light conversion kit....
Old 5th January 2012, 20:38   #45
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the information. After seeing your add-ons, i am quite tempted myself to get the HID conversion kit. I did some research on this and i found a conversion kit for the whole headlight (low and high beam) on ebay. Any reason you didn't go for both?

Most Viewed