Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2012, 15:04   #76
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2011 Audi A6 2.0 TDI. Update: Sold at 9 years and 55,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Just got a chance to drive A6, man this really isa super cool car. it looked to me like I am sitting on a cockpit with so many controls around.
Yep all VAG cars are Cool if not Super Cool expecially the A6 but the number of faults they pick up quite early does not make for a cool experience. One would not feel that cool in a Super Cool Car with a faulty AC.

It was just the mention of the words "Super Cool" that promped the above comments from me. Yep the A4 & A6 Audi Cabins are the best ones in their segments and a cool place to be in.

Sorry about having hijacked the thread for a bit Lambo.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 12:02   #77
BHPian

Hi,

Any Updates on the Audi A6? I am sort of very slowly deciding to consider it as a next prospective car for my family so wanted to know if any other issues have cropped up apart form the AC and start - stop button? would like to hear from you about the continuous ownership experience.
Old 29th October 2012, 16:25   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Hi,

Any Updates on the Audi A6? I am sort of very slowly deciding to consider it as a next prospective car for my family so wanted to know if any other issues have cropped up apart form the AC and start - stop button? would like to hear from you about the continuous ownership experience.
Hey abs182,

Sorry for the late reply.
The A6 has been doing well barring the A.C. issue. The start-stop button wasn't anything serious from what I understand.

The car is nearly one year old, and is doing quite well actually.
She has covered around 7,000kms on her.
I still love the interiors, and the ride quality isn't too bad either.
While I haven't had a chance to take it for a long spin to really test the performance and the handling - let me tell you that isn't the strong point in the 2.0TDi. The FWD layout isn't as reassuring during quick get aways, and with the light steering, I wasn't in a very comfortable place. However, the handling is nothing to complain about and the car is about a bit better than the E Class. But then again, I haven't pushed both either.
The CVT gearbox is quite decent, and actually feels good to use in the city and for cruising around.
Most of the other observations still remain the same, and I shall definitely update this thread if there is anything to add as time goes by. As it isn't my daily drive, I don't use it much except once in a blue moon during a night drive or with family.

Personally, depending on your criteria, I would choose between this and the F10.
Old 5th January 2013, 14:02   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

So a month ago, the car was sent for its First Service to Audi Mumbai West with 7700kms on the odo.

Nothing to write home about, and in a year of ownership, have only faced an issue with the A.C. that one time. Since I do not drive the car much, I cannot comment on any changes post the service.

What I can though is the surprisingly decent amount we paid for the service. At around Rs. 22-23K, its not that bad as compared to some of the other brands. That's certainly a relief.

What isn't though is that AMW took 3 days to deliver the car, which is really very long for a simple service with no issues. Typically most other luxury brands/dealers take 2 days tops. While it isn't a big issue, I am just one of those guys who would prefer having the car parked at home than at the service center.

Next step is to get the car detailed.

Last edited by lamborghini : 5th January 2013 at 14:03.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 15:08   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Just got an e-mail from Audi Mumbai West.

They have launched an AudiSure package which seems to be an additional insurance of sorts.

Quote:
At Audi we aim at nothing short than delightful ownership experience for our customers. The experience of owning an Audi extends far beyond exceptional engineering and an unforgettable driving experience. Hence, to ensure that you have complete peace of mind regarding your Audi, we offer a special service product AudiSure.

We believe, that arising of any concern is inconvenience to our end users, and considering the extraneous factors in our country like the extreme weathers, road conditions, water logging etc, we strongly recommend our customers to avail the AudiSure. The unique benefits of the same are as following:-

· Vehicle Replacement:
The AudiSure ‘Vehicle Replacement’ feature will let you enjoy a new Audi, if the insurance company has declared “Total Loss”. In this case Audi India will bear the difference between the IDV (insured declared value) of the Audi and its ex-showroom price. It also covers the cost incurred in obtaining a new motor insurance policy, registration including road tax and other applicable taxes for a new Audi car.

· Depreciation Shield:
Your Audi got damaged and the repair costs exceed the damage claim. AudiSure will not leave you alone with the extra costs. Thanks to ‘Depreciation Shield’ AudiSure will bear the cost difference between the actual repair costs and the damage claim. Depreciation amount on the parts replaced of the Audi car is covered under this shield.

· Engine Protector:
The engine is the heart of your Audi. Therefore, it needs special attention. The ‘Engine Protector’ fulfills this task: it covers expenses regarding engine damage through water ingression (hydrostatic lock)/leakage of lubricating oil and/or damage to the gear box due to leakage of lubricating oil resulting from undercarriage damage at your Audi.

· Tyre & Rim Coverage:
AudiSure’s ‘Tyre & Rim Coverage’ bear the actual cost of replacing the alloy wheel or alloy wheel rims. If one or more tyres of your Audi are damaged due to bursting or cut arising out of continuous running in deflated condition, Audi India will abide the cost incurred to the remaining tread depth of the damaged tyres.

The AudiSure comes with different plans, you can pick the plan that suits you best and enjoy your automobile the way you know best.
Might be worth finding out more. A step in the right direction, but still not the level of peace of mind that BMW provides.

Last edited by lamborghini : 21st August 2013 at 15:10.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 15:56   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Might be worth finding out more. A step in the right direction, but still not the level of peace of mind that BMW provides.
Companies like ICICI Lombard and Bajaj Allianz usually provide this coverage, my X1 has been with ICICI for the past couple of years on the Silver Plan which covers the items mentioned in Audi's email (Zero Dep & Consumables along with Hydrostatic Lock & Tyre coverage). I hadn't opted for the RTI bit (the vehicle replacement feature) post the end of Year 1 since it was a more expensive plan (in Year 1, it was covered under BMW Secure).

Cheers!

Last edited by suman : 21st August 2013 at 15:58.
suman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 18:29   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

2 Years and 16500Kms Later

So a few months back the Audi finally completed 2 years of Mumbai's stop and go traffic.

Barring one long drive the Pune, the car has been seeing mainly city runs - one of the main reasons being due to the lack of under-thigh support in the rear, specially for 6 footers (compared to the 5 Series and E Class).

However, that aside, the car has been performing quite reliably with no complaints to report as yet (barring the initial complaint with the A.C.) - and on those few occasions when I have had the opportunity to get behind the wheel, I have actually found myself enjoying the drive - a big surprise!!

The light steering is still a bummer, but the car handles quite well and has a superb ride quality. Many of my friends were pretty impressed with the quality and design of the interiors and the high speed manners as well. In fact, the way the car cocoons you from the external environment is a pleasure - superb ride quality, great high speed manners, and a quiet cabin!

Of course, the 2.0TDi engine is a bit of a letdown in outright performance, but given that most of the time is spent in city traffic with the aged chauffeur behind the wheel - performance was never really a buying criteria. The performance is delivered in a very linear manner, which further emphasizes the slow acceleration, but on a recent drive, I was surprised in the manner in which it kept up with its counterparts - of course, if I got to drive her more often, I would love to invest in a remap and better tyres.

By the way - would anyone know if the LED Headlights can be fitted on this? They look sweet, and I am getting increasingly tempted!
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Audi A6 2.0 TDI. Update: Sold at 9 years and 55,000 km-t1a6.png  

2011 Audi A6 2.0 TDI. Update: Sold at 9 years and 55,000 km-t2a6.png  

lamborghini is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 17:41   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

25,000kms Update

A little over 3.5 years later, the car has barely covered 23,000kms - primarily in Mumbai's stop & go traffic. The initial observations still haven't changed, and thanks to the fantastic ride quality - it is the ideal chauffeur driven car (barring the low rear seats of course).

The few rare times I have driven it, I really enjoy the way it provides a stress-free commute with its ability to block out all noises, light steering to fight traffic, and superb handling, and drivable motor. However, after being pampered by the excellent DSG in the Laura, I would put a better gearbox on the wish list - the CVT is great for traffic and cruising, but is no match to the BMW or DSG units for those quick overtaking manoeuvres, etc.

Another grouse with the car is its inconsistent reliability & service. In the last year, the following parts have been replaced:
- Air Suspension: Air Compressor
- Drive Belt Idler Bearing
Each time, it would require several days at the workshop to get the issues fixed. With the AC failure that took place a couple of years earlier - this car has had three big issues in a span of 3 years/25,000kms!

Thankfully we purchased the extended warranty for 5 years - and it has probably already paid itself off. But still - what happens after the 5 year period? Maybe Audi India read http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...rade-swap.html , and have found out a loophole to keep their cash registers (or competitions') ringing?

Please note: The car is driven by an experienced chauffeur (99%), or myself (1%). It probably sees better roads than most vehicles in Mumbai, and is rarely driven at over 80kmph / redlined (0.05% if at all with that gearbox, and Mumbai traffic). These issues cannot be attributed to driving rashly, or poor maintenance!

Similarly, a stone fell and cracked the rear left passenger window. Audi quoted a waiting time of several weeks for the part, whereas I was able to get the same part from Windshield Experts in a matter of a couple of days! As a premium vehicle customer, you would not want the car waiting in the workshop for weeks on end just for parts to arrive!

Audi & the VWAG group in general really need to work on these teething reliability issues, as well as their service.
While their products are excellent in their own ways - such incidents and headaches are going to keep repeat customers away!
lamborghini is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 17:09   #84
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the update Lamborghini!

Sorry to hear about the 3 problems, but two of them are standard fare for the Germans - Their air-conditioners & air suspensions are known to be troublesome.

Quote:
Each time, it would require several days at the workshop to get the issues fixed.
Audi really needs to pull its service standards up, they're still no match to Mercedes & BMW. This might be good news though - link.

Quote:
Thankfully we purchased the extended warranty for 5 years - and it has probably already paid itself off. But still - what happens after the 5 year period?
Can you extend it for the 6th year? Is that an option?

Hope the troubles are behind you, and she serves you reliably in the future.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 13:20   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for the update Lamborghini!

Sorry to hear about the 3 problems, but two of them are standard fare for the Germans - Their air-conditioners & air suspensions are known to be troublesome.

Audi really needs to pull its service standards up, they're still no match to Mercedes & BMW. This might be good news though - link.

Can you extend it for the 6th year? Is that an option?

Hope the troubles are behind you, and she serves you reliably in the future.
Hi GTO,

I too hope that the troubles are behind, and she serves us beautifully in the future.
At home, we have owned and own a few Germans / pseudo-germans, and my points are just in comparison to those vehicles - the W211 E270, E60 525D, and the Skoda Laura w/ DSG. All these cars have seen far worse conditions than the A6 (with dad and mom using the E/5 for their highway runs owing to better seat comfort, and the Skoda being used all around the city and highway), and I am just comparing basis those vehicles. None of them, the Skoda included, have had any issues with the A.C. - especially so early on. Point to be noted is that we do not stress the A.C. that much - generally the car is parked in a shady spot during the day, with the A.C.C. set to 23 degrees and blower speed rarely exceeding speed 4 (which is about speed 2 for normal non A.C.C. vehicles).

Regarding the air suspension - yes, I am aware that earlier W220 S Classes, and lots of JLR vehicles have had issues, but I was hoping it was a thing of the past . Either ways, just want to make sure future prospective buyers are aware of the same. Lots of complaints have come up with the A8 as well, amongst dad's friends circle.

Hoping that with the technical training centre opening in Mumbai, things will be a lot smoother now, however - seeing an improvement is doubtful given that Skoda still hasn't been able to streamline parts for their vehicles as yet. Know a few skoda owners (us included) who have had to wait for weeks for parts for their vehicles. Ford, a company known for average A.S.S. and such managed to organize rare parts quicker, as has windshield experts (when they had to call for a particular glass as in the case of the Audi Side Window which wasn't in stock).
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 19:35   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Audi really needs to pull its service standards up, they're still no match to Mercedes & BMW.
Is that your opinion or do you know it for a fact ?

Few years ago perhaps but you still continue to believe the same ? Many suffering owners you know ? Audi Service has been absolutely fine as far as im concerned though i can only speak for myself.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 26th April 2015 at 19:39.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 18:31   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Is that your opinion or do you know it for a fact ?

Few years ago perhaps but you still continue to believe the same ? Many suffering owners you know ? Audi Service has been absolutely fine as far as im concerned though i can only speak for myself.
Bro - it's not that the service is poor in terms of quality. Issue is that they take years to do anything, which is a pain given the cars inconsistent reliability. IIRC they quoted over 2 weeks to arrange for a side window glass replacement, which windshield experts were able to organize within 2 days (they too didn't have it in stock, and it is not a standard part for them).
Similarly, 3 days to replace the idler wheel bearing. Even the Air suspension took its sweet time! Even regular servicing isn't a single day affair like most other manufacturers - a point I have mentioned somewhere in this thread.

Just to compare, our E60 had its first breakdown in 7 years, and while at the garage have requested them to carry out other minor work as well. Even though the vehicle is discontinued, and the parts are not in stock - they seem to have a quicker turnaround time than Audi does for a vehicle currently in production. As a person who has shelled out so much for a vehicle, it gets annoying when it is parked for several weeks every year just waiting for parts and repairs!
Old 27th April 2015, 19:01   #88
Senior - BHPian

Oh highly likely bro its just that iv havnt kept myself updated on their overall quality (punctuality) of service and perhaps my complacency could also be since theyv been kind to me so far.

Infact the ridiculous turn around period theyr quoting for your car has also been quite a revelation to me inspite of us talking so frequently. West or South bro ?

Basically was just updating myself. If their service punctuality indeed is below par then i wasnt aware until now.
Old 27th April 2015, 19:08   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Oh highly likely bro its just that iv havnt kept myself updated on their overall quality (punctuality) of service and perhaps my complacency could also be since theyv been kind to me so far.

Infact the ridiculous turn around period theyr quoting for your car has also been quite a revelation to me inspite of us talking so frequently. West or South bro ?

Basically was just updating myself. If their service punctuality indeed is below par then i wasnt aware until now.
Both service centers actually haven't impressed me as yet. However, I won't disagree - they have improved, but not to what is expected in this segment. Earlier I had to wait for days for an appointment, but now it is a lot easier in the sense we can just call them and drop the car off the following day or maybe after two days.
Primarily Audi South as it is closer home!

Touch wood - your A4 has been very reliable over the last half-decade so you have been lucky on that front!
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 21:37   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both service centers actually haven't impressed me as yet. However, I won't disagree - they have improved, but not to what is expected in this segment. Earlier I had to wait for days for an appointment, but now it is a lot easier in the sense we can just call them and drop the car off the following day or maybe after two days.
Primarily Audi South as it is closer home!

Touch wood - your A4 has been very reliable over the last half-decade so you have been lucky on that front!
Agreed & touchwood !

Just some inspiration for what i expect to see next on the A6
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Audi A6 2.0 TDI. Update: Sold at 9 years and 55,000 km-edit.jpg  

Most Viewed