Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th May 2018, 18:09   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: 2011 Audi A6 2.0 TDi. Update: 6 years, 40,000 kms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 View Post
Is there any option to replace the rubber parts when they are slightly worn to stop any leak from happening.
Honestly, as androdev says - best to wait for them to develop a problem and then have them rectified. To be on the safe side, you can always have them inspected during service to ensure there is nothing amiss.
But with most parts, you can't do preventive maintenance.

In the case of my BMW, the rubber beadings started breaking apart after 8 years of ownership, in my Mercedes I don't remember the window beadings to be an issue even after 10 years of ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I suspect Mumbai's coastal weather may have contributed to this issue in @lamborghini's case.
Exactly, the weather and also the general poor condition of the road for the past year or so with all the metro construction work going on.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 19:14   #122
GT3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
They may last forever, so why would you want to prematurely replace. Manufacturers would themselves make it a scheduled maintenance if these are mean't be so.
As you answered, the air suspension failures may happen due to other causes also. But as in Lamborghini's case don't you think if the rubber parts that caused the leak had been preventively replaced the issue would not have occured.

Regarding manufacturers making it a scheduled maintenance item, maybe they might follow the mantra "REPLACE RATHER THAN REPAIR". I am a noob in this matter and asked the question to educate myself.
Old 10th May 2018, 12:56   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 View Post
As you answered, the air suspension failures may happen due to other causes also. But as in Lamborghini's case don't you think if the rubber parts that caused the leak had been preventively replaced the issue would not have occured.
Honestly, the compressor did have to work a little harder, but as long as you get the repair done in a timely manner - there is no reason to preventively replace certain parts.
Reason being that each part will age differently owing to the circumstances they are exposed to.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed