Team-BHP - YetiBlog® - TheOne® buys a car. (VW Polo 1.2 )
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   YetiBlog® - TheOne® buys a car. (VW Polo 1.2 ) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/112887-yetiblog-theone-buys-car-vw-polo-1-2-a-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 2618001)
I am flying to germany in a few hours and cannot finish today.

I am so sorry. I will continue tomorrow. Thanks all, for enjoying the tale so far.

Give the F5 button a break and an apology. :-)

Have a safe trip and how about a German travelogue once you're there. It's Christmas - here's your chance to be a Santa for all your fans clap:

I have praised your threads before too, hence cutting this post short. Too much praising will get into your head :D Its good you mentioned that this thread wouldnt be updated in sometime, my F5 key is spared today.

My guess would be that she picked up the Brio or the Jazz. Compact, good engine and good driveability!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 2617723)
This is all only the opinion of my wife. Who is a picky woman.

She picked you of all the Germans (and the Indians) in the world ;)

Superb Sam,

I guess on either a Fabia or Polo Petrol. But then Skoda does not have great name in Europe compared to a VW, then on the other hand a Punto perhaps hell, its too confusing reading the direction this time.

Keep it going on the flight pls.

Excellent Excellent writeup SAM... Sitting at home, reading your post and grinning from ear to ear. Wifey just walked into the room, one look, and she goes "YOU MUST BE ON YOUR BHP SITE :) "

Anyways, cant wait for your flight to land at Germany. Going by the list of cars tested and rejected, and assumption that its a hatchback, I think it has to be a Honda Jazz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 2617773)
How about the VW polo?
My wife has a strange way of pronouncing VW. You think she would say VEE-DOUBLE-YOU right? Wrong.
She says FAUW-VAY, sounding a bit like far-away..

She does not have a strange way.
Indians pronounce it strangely

Volkswagon is pronounced as

Folks Waagen

This means "People's Car" in German. But I am sure you know it better than me :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979

Folks Waagen

This means "People's Car" in German. But I am sure you know it better than me :D

Lol. Yes I know that. but I'm not referring to the way she says Volkswagen but the letters VW.

Fow-way. Not vee-double-you.

Thanks for your patience everyone, I appreciate it. Will write more when I reach Germany. Till then, adios.

Sam sure wants us glued to this thread with the constant F5s.

This is like in most movies, where we know, the hero romances, runs around trees, sings a few songs, tries to dance, fights the baddies, and at the end, reunites with the heroine.

The One has test driven a few cars, read websites and reviews, test driven a few, rejected a few, and bought one.

Only 3 Km to office? Lucky One!

Now that everyone is betting on the car, let me choose odd one. I think it should be Nano. Sam has already 'test-driven' it for 1000 KMs.

Atleast I will be maha happy if my wife chooses Nano. So much lighter on wallet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 2618351)

Folks Waagen

In that case most other western countries also pronounce it strangely ! Why should we single out India?

GOSH! I used to work in VW Downtown before. Wish I was still there. I am waiting to see you ridicule my ex-colleagues! Grin Grin!

And so, was the Fow-Way accepted?! Please dont tell me you ended up buying a 10 lakh sedan!

@ Sam Kapasi: 10 posts(yours), 5 pages, more than 13,000 views and still no mention of which car was bought & no pictures either. This thread would be most unique in this section(And no one can repeat this feat).

At least throw some hint in each of your posts henceforth (till you reveal car name & model) so that others can continue speculation. I guess you would announce car name either on Christmas or on new year eve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 2618415)
Lol. Yes I know that. but I'm not referring to the way she says Volkswagen but the letters VW.

Fow-way. Not vee-double-you.

Thanks for your patience everyone, I appreciate it. Will write more when I reach Germany. Till then, adios.

And Americans in true American style, call it VeeDub. Lazy as they are :D

Waiting for the next installment, Sam. And congratulations on the new car.

We‘re at VW Downtown.

I've been here before. Those that have read my story will remember my quest for the 'cheap' passat, lol.

But this time the showroom is especially crowded.

Yes, may i help you? says the pretty lady at the counter with a sweet smile
Yes, we would like to see the...

My wife has already slid past the reception table, up the small stairs and into the polo standing there in the time it has taken me to say that much.

I uh.. I say pointing, I uh... I'll just uh.. I smile and nod apologetically, point towards the polo and my wife and dash up the stairs, hoping that the pretty lady won't think I'm retarded.

By the time I reach the polo, I know already what's coming. I can see through the windshield. I can feel it coming. She's going to say it now.

Open the door on the passenger side Sam, walk in and let her say it.

I sit down and close the door with a rather reassuring thunk.

Heard that?

I don't turn towards her, I know very well what she is referring to.
Did you hear how the door closed, did you feel that?
I laugh. Actually I do know what she is talking about.

Look at this, she says, sweeping her hands across the dashboard. Give me your hand, here, feel this, she says enthusiastically, making me feel the dashboard and the steering wheel and the buttons and the airconditioning switch.

Feel the quality. Look at this she's put the dashboard lights on and is pointing repeatedly to the speedometer and instrument cluster.

She rubs her hands on the upholstery and the roof.

This is how a car should feel Sam.

Finally! Could it be anything else? Good choice, if the Polo is the choice :p 1.6 probably. Keeping this short because you really do have a way with words. Congrats to the lady. And to you - what the heck. As married men would know, the smile alone is worth it. Cheers!

Its finally morning in Germany!!
Red Polo then?