Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 17:32   #151
BHPian

re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi dkaile,

1. What's that you were referring to as pedal set ? I missed something ?

2.About that scoop chrome ? Lesser said, the better.
Frankly what's with Toyota and all the chrome ? Just can't figure out somethings.
Hi HG,
To answer your 1st Q:
Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)-flash1.jpg

You may find the a whole bunch of accessories, both old & new, here:
Toyota - Fortuner

Re: your 2nd Q, I so agree with you there.
Them chromy ORVMs got replaced with body colored one, but did you notice the excess chrome on the rear hatch & the front grill
Old 10th January 2012, 17:34   #152
Senior - BHPian

What to say about this SUV. Saw it in Auto Expo. First thing I'd like to say is that pictures are not doing full justice to its look. Its totally stunning. By giving 4x2 model and AT Toyota has done the perfect thing. They should be ready to meet up bigger demand. Few photos of 4x2.

Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)-image_067.jpg

Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)-image_065.jpg

Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)-image_064.jpg
Old 10th January 2012, 19:31   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajwasingh View Post
Hi bhpians does anyone have an idea that when are the deliveries of the new fortuner commencing any inputs would be helpful
Sandeep Singh (marketing head, Toyota kirloskar India) had said that the deliveries will start from 16th Jan for new Fortuner.

All the best
tanwaramit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 21:15   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Sandeep Singh (marketing head, Toyota kirloskar India) had said that the deliveries will start from 16th Jan for new Fortuner.

All the best
Thanks tanwarmrit for your information based on deliveries starting in mid jan i might get my fortuner in feb. Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 21:43   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajwasingh View Post
Thanks tanwarmrit for your information based on deliveries starting in mid jan i might get my fortuner in feb. Thanks
Welcome, look forward to your ownership thread on AT Fortuner.
Old 10th January 2012, 22:18   #156
Senior - BHPian

A major complaint I have heard from some of the "classic" Fortuner owners is about the ride quality especially at the rear. Has there been any improvement in this aspect with the facelifted Fortuner?
Old 10th January 2012, 23:24   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
A major complaint I have heard from some of the "classic" Fortuner owners is about the ride quality especially at the rear. Has there been any improvement in this aspect with the facelifted Fortuner?
IMHO, Ride quality is the same. They have not done any tweaks to suspension.
Old 10th January 2012, 23:55   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
2) It does not have to be near your steering column sir.

3) Now lets not compare the HUD to your navigator.

I've driven and experienced a few cars with a HUD and hence I am saying all this. I request you to give it a shot, or have a demo of any Fortuner with this before forming such a strong opinion about it and comparing the Fortuner driver to an F18 pilot.

Thanks.
2. Right - so let's first check the position of the thingamajigs in the Fortuner and make the assumptions whichever way. Secondly please do read my earlier assertions - the reason/discomfort primarily is not just the position but with the issue of fiddling with key electronics wherever it is located by the greasies.

3. About the Navigator - the point was stated in terms of the stability of the image of the navigator and the rapidy changing figures of a speedo/other info HUD - I still hold it true from experience.

Well I think I may have driven a few HUD plonked cars overseas before forming the strong opinion which appears to be getting stronger every passing minute.

About the Civic and the scientific facts around peripheral vision ? My driving of the Civic and experience thereof has been a wee bit different. And understanding of peripheral vision impacts too. Difference in perceptions and physical responses owing to physical attributes perhaps.

Please do read my earlier post - where is the comparision made of a F18 chappie with, of all creatures, a Fortuner driver? The point was of where and how the HUD is/turns very helpful. Again the issue of context is relevant no ?

I think let's drop the dead donkey (or whatever is equivalent, if this is not a news item !) here and allow folks to come to their own conclusions, as I have stated before, depending on their requirements & experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Hi HG,
To answer your 1st Q:
Hey Monaro,
Many thanks. Yes, later I picked up the brochure from the site and got all the info about the pedals etc.
Chrome, chrome and more chrome everywhere. Reminds me of the Romans and their obsession with cheese fondue/s !

Last edited by Guderian : 11th January 2012 at 00:03.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 14:12   #159
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Just wanted to add that the price comparo sheet (Fortuner versus competitors) has been updated in the 2nd post of this thread.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 14:23   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys,

Just wanted to add that the price comparo sheet (Fortuner versus competitors) has been updated in the 2nd post of this thread.
Is the Endeavour available in two AT variants - 4x2 & 4x4 ?
Old 11th January 2012, 15:39   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys,

Thanks GTO. The prices of XUV don't seem to reflect Mahindra's latest pricing since Jan 1st. AWD has gone up by 55,000 and others by a good margin as well.
Old 11th January 2012, 17:20   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
Thanks GTO. The prices of XUV don't seem to reflect Mahindra's latest pricing since Jan 1st. AWD has gone up by 55,000 and others by a good margin as well.
They would update the price as soon as they open bookings and put a "bookings Open" Banner on thier site.
Old 11th January 2012, 17:54   #163
BHPian

E-mailed the DSK Toyota - Pune for a test drive of the New Fortuner and they said they don't have a car and sent me the old one as the engine was the same. I said OK. On hearing this the wife and the child also decided to join. I had already clarified before the guy got the car that I was going to drive the heck out of it and he said no worries. So on this lovely day today got into this Black beast with the family in the same seating as we use in our Safari = Family seated in the middle row. Took the Fortuner through 1. Half a km of mud road. 2. Bad gravel road. 3. Undulated Tar road and 4. a Highway stretch (1 hour test drive)

Observations: Middle row really uncomfortable on all 4 surfaces. Occupants complained of Heavy Pitching, bouncy ride, could feel everything on the road. Hence thought the Tyre pressure was too much took it to my neighborhood bridgestone dealer checked it was 2 pounds more in all four tyres. Did not change the pitching nor did it change the stiff ride. Also another important observation from the back seat drivers that the middle row did not have enough under thigh support which the Safari has plenty of. hhhmm so I said to myself lets try the entire circuit with my car handed over the keys of the fortuner back. Family and me got into our car. Did the same route again (too their annoyance) as they already gave the verdict but I wanted to be 100% sure. And yes on all counts the safari still a stable more controlled and much much softer ride. I agree the safari suspensions have been worked more as it has done 55000 Kms but come on from a 25Lakh car I could expect better ride quality on an open road at the least. By the way the demo car was 2 years old and had 32000 on the speedo. Man....Fortuner just broke my heart I was all ready for it! Damn!
Old 12th January 2012, 00:20   #164
BHPian

May I know if fortuner has electronic power steering or hydraulic power steering.
Old 12th January 2012, 04:23   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Is the Endeavour available in two AT variants - 4x2 & 4x4 ?
Hi Monaro,
The 4X4 Fortuner is only available in manual T. Good thing eh ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik View Post
May I know if fortuner has electronic power steering or hydraulic power steering.
Hi koushik,
Hydraulic PS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks