Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2012, 18:44   #181
BHPian

re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Hi guys anyone testdriven the new fortuner. I am going for the test drive of the 2wd at tomorrow will post my experience tomorrow cheers
Old 18th January 2012, 18:58   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajwasingh
Hi guys anyone testdriven the new fortuner. I am going for the test drive of the 2wd at tomorrow will post my experience tomorrow cheers
Please update your initial expressions of the automatic foretuner
Old 18th January 2012, 19:07   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajwasingh
The vehicle is on display but TD in Bangalore is not going to be possible since the vehicles are undergoing registration process with RTO. If they are made available will TD 2wd manual and auto.
Old 18th January 2012, 19:21   #184
Senior - BHPian

@ Blackraven: Which showroom has the facelifted fortuner on display? Nandi Toyota mentions they've still not got it.
Old 18th January 2012, 19:29   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose
@ Blackraven: Which showroom has the facelifted fortuner on display? Nandi Toyota mentions they've still not got it.
Ravindu opp Iskon has a blue AT and the one on ORR has a black 2WD manual on display.
Old 18th January 2012, 22:08   #186
BHPian

I am looking forward to book the 4x4 model soon. I want to know the following:

1. What options are available in make of tyres? Which is the best option among them? As per my information, Fortuner come with MRF & Bridgestone tyres. My choice is Bridgestone. Any suggestions?

2. Is the spare wheel alloy too?

3. Is there any upgrade in the quality of paint in the 2012 models?

Thanks in advance..
Old 19th January 2012, 10:19   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrishi View Post
I am looking forward to book the 4x4 model soon. I want to know the following:

1. What options are available in make of tyres? Which is the best option among them? As per my information, Fortuner come with MRF & Bridgestone tyres. My choice is Bridgestone. Any suggestions?

2. Is the spare wheel alloy too?

3. Is there any upgrade in the quality of paint in the 2012 models?

Thanks in advance..
1. Fortuner comes ONLY with 'Made in Japan' DUNLOP tyres which are AT (All Terrain) and serve the vehicle very well. You can have a look at the tyres here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...uilt-last.html
2. Yes, all 5 wheels are alloy and interchangeable (unlike the Europeans)
3. 2 extra colours are added, that's it (a dark blue and a Mica gold). Quality of paint is top notch.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 11:18   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Quality of paint is top notch.
@dkaile, I did read here in the forum that the paint quality is not as good as it should be in a 20L+ vehicle. I recollect seeing photographs where the paint came of easily around the fender area. I am not a owner so I don't know for sure.

Request fortuner owners to comment on the paint quality.
Old 19th January 2012, 11:22   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
@dkaile, I did read here in the forum that the paint quality is not as good as it should be in a 20L+ vehicle. I recollect seeing photographs where the paint came of easily around the fender area. I am not a owner so I don't know for sure.

As far as my experiences goes with Toyota vehicles (3 at that and using for the past 10 years, a Corolla, a Qualis and now a Fortuner) the paint quality is bang on and it hasn't ripped off on its own, ever. Same continues with the Fortuner. Now we can't go on blaming the scratches we catch to the paint quality, can we?
Old 19th January 2012, 11:23   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post

From what I've seen on my Innova the paint quality is nothing great, and is very thin. I'm sure Toyota uses the same painting process for its other cars so it can't be any different on the Fortuner.
Old 19th January 2012, 11:57   #191
BHPian

I logged on to Toyota India site many days back and clicked the option "Buy Now". There was an automated response that the query has been forwarded to Ravindu Toyota and someone will contact me soon.

It's over 2 weeks and nothing further. Either Toyota is least interested or the confidence of the swollen order book is the cause of this behaviour (or lack of it)
Old 19th January 2012, 12:00   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

I had clicked on Toyota Bharat's "request test drive" button and got an automated response looping in their closest dealer (DSK Bavdhan) almost 3 weeks ago. No word from them at all. Sent them a reminder today with a gentle barb about Toyota's 'stellar service' thrown in. Awaiting their response- I really do wat to TD the 4X2 AT.
Old 19th January 2012, 12:03   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I logged on to Toyota India site many days back and clicked the option "Buy Now". There was an automated response that the query has been forwarded to Ravindu Toyota and someone will contact me soon.

It's over 2 weeks and nothing further. Either Toyota is least interested or the confidence of the swollen order book is the cause of this behaviour (or lack of it)
The Fortuner is my first Toyota experience. It is pathetic. I thought it was probably the dealer and shifted to another, but that was even worse. no return calls in-spite of promises.

The sales experience was better at Mahindra for a vehicle that was 1/4th the cost of TFort. My Honda experience for Civic was far better. I seriously hope this is not the case with Toyota service.
Old 19th January 2012, 12:11   #194
Senior - BHPian

^
It was always hard to get the test drive of the Fortuner in the past, maybe due to lack of vehicles and 'swollen order book' and it does leave a bad taste in the mouth initially, when one goes to their dealerships and asks for a (rarely-existent) test drive. I, personally in my case, could garner the smallest of test drives on a ready to deliver vehicle, before the owner of the said vehicle, came chasing behind the SA for having let me do the test drive (within their dealership boundaries only though)... lolz. But all such (minor) sins are forgiven once you have place trust in the brand (i.e. sign the cheque book... lol) and the beast reaches your hand. Didn't feel let down one bit on its arrival.

Hope Toyota sets this right this time around.
Old 19th January 2012, 13:05   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post

I got a call from Nandi Toyota in nothing less than 24 hrs.My dad & myself test drove the old Fortuner twice. I have booked the new Fortuner.They are still awaiting the new vehicle for TD. Let me know if you need a reference. I am getting adequate support from my Sales guy.

Last edited by redrage : 19th January 2012 at 13:07.
redrage is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks