Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2011, 20:25   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
What is the function of the button below (has the speedo meter logo on top)?
Hi Y@SH,
Not sure if anyone has answered your Q - but that is a rotary rheostat/knob/switch to increase or decrease the intensity of the light in the back-lit switches on the dashboard and lights in the instrument panel.

Last edited by Guderian : 24th December 2011 at 20:28.
Guderian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 21:04   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post

- Pity about the 'Classic' Fortuners missing the VSC. That is a great feature added on by Toyota. But I am a little scared about the ability of the ASCs here to handle such electronic gizmos here if the need arises.

- One upgrade which I can readily think of for my Fortuner right away - without playing around with the mechanicals or electrical whatchamacallitz is to throw the faux wood inserts all around the cabin and replace it with the grey inserts. That would be a relief. I am sure I can order them through the ASC.

- For a variety of reasons including our climate conditions, capabilities of our local ASCs - I am glad that the 'Classic' Fortuner (OK call it PFF...Pre- Facelifted Fortuner if you please !) has most of the matters manual - not just the gear box but also the headlamp washing system among other things !
VSC electronics work using the ABS majorly, so if they can handle ABS there should be no issues with ASC. Vehicle electronics like abs and VSC are literally bullet proof and cannot afford to fail.

Faux wood may be possible to replace on the door but not on dash as the design is different.

Headlamp washing system is standard with xenons. I've had it on my Altis for more than 2 years and it's still working fine. On highways it's xetremely useful especially in the rains.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 23:30   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Couple of more observations after a dekko at the snaps of the FF & PFF.

- With the introduction of the ORVMs with the integrated side indicators the indicators above the wheel well have vanished.

- Thankfully, the chrome on the ORVMs has vanished.

- The 3.0 D-4D badge too seems to have vanished from above the wheel wells to a single one at the rear.
The area above the wheel well now looks bare.

- With the expanded hood scoop - it now looks very symmetrical and in line with the bonnet center. Currently scoop is placed a little off-center.

- The expanded scoop would mean a slightly larger inter-cooler and there would a slight shift of its position in the engine bay I guess.
Hail Generale'

That's a sharp observation with the fender blinkers being taken off along with the fender badges.

I noticed the body colored ORVMs too, that takes care of a bit of chrome going away, but have you noticed the addition of all that chrome elsewhere?

And that large hood scope reminded of your expert comments - the nostrils have become bigger

BTW how different are the wheel arches from the classic Fortuner?
Old 25th December 2011, 17:55   #79
BHPian

Hi bhpians ,a great review as always by gto.this facelift seems good contrary to the initials reports about its looks.i was looking for a auto diesel suv .i have booked the new fortuner in super white automatic.the delivery time slated is end jan or first week feb ..cheers
Old 26th December 2011, 02:59   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

This certainly is a justified facelift! I currently own a Fortuner and very happy with its robustness. Was waiting for this facelift to replace the Endeavor we currently have, the Fortuner 4x2 will be a fitting replacement. Toyota has another yet another returning customer.

Having bookings opened?
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 06:47   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
VSC electronics work using the ABS majorly, so if they can handle ABS there should be no issues with ASC. Vehicle electronics like abs and VSC are literally bullet proof and cannot afford to fail.
If only the ASC shop floor mechanics could be a little more 'fool' proof and be a little more technically competent, going by my experience !
Incidentally a chum of mine had an issue with the ABS wherein, I think, one of the wheel speed sensors and some wiring had to be replaced. Took quite a bit of the hit and miss diagnostic method to come to the conclusion and after a period of time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
1. I noticed the body colored ORVMs too, that takes care of a bit of chrome going away, but have you noticed the addition of all that chrome elsewhere?

2. BTW how different are the wheel arches from the classic Fortuner?
Hi Monaro,
1. Oh, I did...but could spot it only at the parking brake lever tip/release button. Where are the rest of the additions ?

2. From what I could make out, following the tip off from GTO's review, placing the side shots of the old and new Fortuners together - the arches of the new Fortuner are curved a wee bit more gentler and I think possibly the quantity of the plastic cladding is also a little lesser, giving it a softer look. Took me quite a while to figure this out. Or may be my eyes are playing tricks on me ?
Only a dekko in flesh of the new Fortuner would help finally I guess.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 18:20   #82
BHPian

I have finally harassed my dealers in putting my old advance money onto the new Fortuner from the old Fortuner booking. Any idea about deliveries of the new version?
It could be likely that there would be a 3% hike on the ex-showroom price on the new model.
Old 26th December 2011, 18:42   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
I have finally harassed my dealers in putting my old advance money onto the new Fortuner from the old Fortuner booking. Any idea about deliveries of the new version?
It could be likely that there would be a 3% hike on the ex-showroom price on the new model.
Deliveries would be made by Jan End or Feb 1st week for the early birds.

Source: A Close friend who is associated with a Toyota dealeship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
This certainly is a justified facelift! I currently own a Fortuner and very happy with its robustness. Was waiting for this facelift to replace the Endeavor we currently have, the Fortuner 4x2 will be a fitting replacement. Toyota has another yet another returning customer.

Having bookings opened?
Bookings were never closed for the TFORT. You may buy the "Classic" now or pay the money and get it in writing in the Receipt that this for the facelift fortuner only.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 26th December 2011 at 18:44.
Old 26th December 2011, 19:14   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Excellent choice I must say. Did the dealer mention the 3% hike? If this is the quantum of hike that Toyota is coming with, they sure will have longer lines waiting for this one that the Classic Tfort did for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Deliveries would be made by Jan End or Feb 1st week for the early birds.

Source: A Close friend who is associated with a Toyota dealeship
Bharath any light that you can shed on the prices - from your sources
Old 26th December 2011, 19:44   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Bharath any light that you can shed on the prices - from your sources
In fact the dealers themselves have not seen the vehicle in flesh. Toyota has not cascaded the price list to them as of today. They are expecting prices to be out After the Auto-Expo only.
Old 26th December 2011, 19:53   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
In fact the dealers themselves have not seen the vehicle in flesh. Toyota has not cascaded the price list to them as of today. They are expecting prices to be out After the Ahiuto-Expo only.
Hi bharath i got to know from my source in the dealership here in my city that they have seen as well as driven the new fortuner i have also forced the dealer to convert my 4 months old booking into the new fortunet
bajwasingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 20:12   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile
This video from the 2011 Corolla featuring the exact same gear box, will give you exact idea how the AT will work on the New Fortuner-

2011 Toyota Corolla Gated Shifter How To by Toyota City - YouTube
Thanks for the video link. I think it's a good idea to go for a test drive. Any idea if the vehicle has come into showrooms for inspection ad test drives?
Old 26th December 2011, 20:23   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajwasingh View Post
Hi bharath i got to know from my source in the dealership here in my city that they have seen as well as driven the new fortuner i have also forced the dealer to convert my 4 months old booking into the new fortunet
thats nice to Singhji, the Lakozy dealer in Mumbai Andheri has not seen / test driven it yet.

thanks for the info. This translates to the fact that the vehicle is being sent to the showrooms in a phased manner

Last edited by scopriobharath : 26th December 2011 at 20:50.
Old 26th December 2011, 20:27   #89
BHPian

@ GTO.... One question. I have been using Automatics. However, I am confused on the terminology used here.

Does D-3 not mean that the limit is the 3rd gear? Or is it for both 3rd and 4th? How exactly does this work?

I use a Honda which is straight and simple. 2 is for 2nd and D is for drive in all gears. I have used Camry's in US and there it was only D and not D-3.

Please throw some light. This perhaps may be basic for many but would be meaningful to a lot of us who are not so familiar.

nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 20:41   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does D-3 not mean that the limit is the 3rd gear? Or is it for both 3rd and 4th? How exactly does this work?
did you saw the video in previous post ? If you downshift Straight from N - it will be Drive mode - D , if you push this to you Right it will go to 3rd - for conditions where you need faster pickup & if you further downshift this will go in 2nd & than further to L .
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks